PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Game Day Inactives

steelblood
09-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Without a 3rd qb exemption (I assume we will only dress two) and assuming BMac can play, I'm guessing the inactives to be....

Worilds-doesn''t show much as a special teamer or backup yet.

Hills-Foster will back up at RT, Essex will slide to LT if Starks goes down

Scott-see above

Dwyer-Three tailbacks is enough

Crezdon Butler-I would make Butler the dimeback. He is great is zone coverage. But, the Steelers will use Keenan Lewis as the dimeback.

Gibson-Timmons will backup at OLB. Sylvestor also played some OLB in the preseason and will be active as he is a good special teams player and a tackling machine.

Ryan Mundy-Will Allen backs up both safeties.

E. Sanders-This could be Brown or El. But, I think they like El's savy and Brown is a much better returner than Sanders. Battle plays for special teams and is 4th WR.

Who do you think will be inactive?

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
If we only dress two QB's, then Leftwich counts as one of the inactives.

So off your list, if I'm including Lefty, I'd probably add Mundy to the active roster (don't want just one backup safety, and Mundy can also contribute on special teams).

And I think I'd activate Hills over Foster as well (he's more a natural tackle, and he seems to have earned his jersey during this preseason).

The rest seems pretty solid. I think in time, Butler will earn a jersey and Gay will be inactive, but likely not at the start of the season.

steelblood
09-05-2010, 11:55 AM
If we only dress two QB's, then Leftwich counts as one of the inactives.

So off your list, if I'm including Lefty, I'd probably add Mundy to the active roster (don't want just one backup safety, and Mundy can also contribute on special teams).

And I think I'd activate Hills over Foster as well (he's more a natural tackle, and he seems to have earned his jersey during this preseason).

The rest seems pretty solid. I think in time, Butler will earn a jersey and Gay will be inactive, but likely not at the start of the season.

Yeah, I forgot that Byron will count. Great. Yes, then it is Mundy or perhaps Butler who has worked at safety and can backup multiple positions and play special teams.

I like Hills, but I've only ever seen him play LT. I wonder if he has trouble flipping to the right side.

AkronSteel
09-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Crezdon Butler - CB
Jonathan Dwyer - RB
Tony Hills - OT
Byron Leftwich - (3rd QB)
Ryan Mundy - S
Emmanuel Sanders - WR
Jason Worilds - OLB

Not sure about the last one?? It could be another LB or OT....guess we will have to wait and see!!! Either Sylvester or Scott??? Remember if one of the OLB's goes down Timmons will slide outside and I think Gibson has shown more than Worilds at this point to earn the right to dress on gamedays!

:2c

Stewie
09-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Can't argue with the above picks as the reality. I would sit ARE (should have never made the team) and put Sanders on the 45. When will the staff start listening to me????
:cry:

BradshawsHairdresser
09-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I sure can't see Worilds contributing much of anything for awhile. Dude did nothing that I could see to distinguish himself in preseason. He's on the 53 because he's a high pick with potential.

As the #4 RB, I can't see Dwyer getting on field much. He can run some, but he sure didn't show much in the way of blocking or ST's. Another case of being on the 53, not because he will contribute on the field, but to keep him from getting plucked by another team.

I wish there were a couple of protected practice squad slots for each team; that is, those players could not be signed by other teams, but still wouldn't count against your 53-man limit.

NJ-STEELER
09-05-2010, 11:26 PM
sanders over brown

he showed he can filed punts thurs nite

Oviedo
09-06-2010, 09:29 AM
sanders over brown

I think Brown will be the primary return man so I expect to see both Sanders and Brown dress on gameday.

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2010, 11:28 AM
sanders over brown

I think Brown will be the primary return man so I expect to see both Sanders and Brown dress on gameday.

I mentioned this on another thread:

If Wallace, Ward, and ARE our your top 3 WR's on gameday, Battle will be used as a gunner on ST's, and Brown will be used as a return man on ST's, then why do you need to dress Sanders on gameday?

If any of your top 3 wideouts get injured, then Battle or Brown can fill in as needed. I think Sanders is a promising prospect, but after being prominantly involved in 2 INT returns for TD's in a single preseason game (he could have made more on an effort to knock down the ball on Dixon's poorly throw pass toward the left sideline, and he ran the wrong route on the right sideline on the Neil O'Batch INT for TD later), I highly doubt that he is in uniform for the Falcons game.