PDA

View Full Version : cuts

birtikidis
09-04-2010, 04:41 PM
i thought i saw a thread of cuts, but couldn't find it...
The Pittsburgh Steelers Cuts: LB Bailey, CB Burnett, S Cromartie-Smith, WR Grisham, DE Harris, C Hartwig, KR Logan, DE McLendon, FB Summers, G Urbik, DE Worthington

this was on their facebook page.

SteelBucks
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
i thought i saw a thread of cuts, but couldn't find it...
The Pittsburgh Steelers Cuts: LB Bailey, CB Burnett, S Cromartie-Smith, WR Grisham, DE Harris, C Hartwig, KR Logan, DE McLendon, FB Summers, G Urbik, DE Worthington

this was on their facebook page.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/steelers-finalize-53-man-roster/29199/

I hope Worthington makes it through the waiver wire. He'd be nice to have on the PS.

fordfixer
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13351 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13351)

birtikidis
09-04-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13351
that just brought me back to this thread... lol

anyway, i was surprised by the burnett cut.

steelblood
09-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Cutting Burnett is a huge mistake. He has nice ball skills and could develop into a great nickel back. Apparently, Madison's special teams value and Butler's size and potential to eventually start have put Joe out of a job. Good luck Joe, I wonder what would have happened if you snagged that ball against the Raiders last year.

fordfixer
09-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I was messing with you here is the other post :lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13328 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13328)

Eddie Spaghetti
09-04-2010, 04:46 PM
not crazy about the burnett cut. he shows a pretty good nose for the ball.

i guess both madison and battle made it as gunners. kind of surprising.

Shawn
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Burnett and Worthington are horrible cuts. I suspect Worthington might make it to our PS.

SteelBucks
09-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Burnett and Worthington are horrible cuts. I suspect Worthington might make it to our PS.

+1

DukieBoy
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM

+1
Concerned about those two cuts. Worthington better make it through to the PS. Is Burnett eligible for PS? ST's better be very special, spending the roster spots on Madison and Battle.

SteelHoss
09-04-2010, 05:34 PM

+1
Concerned about those two cuts. Worthington better make it through to the PS. Is Burnett eligible for PS? ST's better be very special, spending the roster spots on Madison and Battle.

Count me in on being surprised about Burnett and Worthington especially Burnett! :(

buckeyehoppy
09-04-2010, 05:44 PM

+1

Amen, brother! And Worthington better clear waivers and make it to our PS. Cutting both Worthington and Burnett will prove to be a mistake.

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2010, 06:02 PM

+1

Count me in on being surprised about Burnett and Worthington especially Burnett! :(

guess Burnett should have caught that interception against the Raiders last year, huh?

Steelskin
09-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Dwyer made the team!!!!

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2
:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1

Did I mention I'm happy? :Clap

NJ-STEELER
09-04-2010, 06:59 PM
i would have kept brunett too. especially over madison

bit, it looked like he was kind of shy sticking his nose in there vs. the run last game.

crezdon doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

i see worthington going on the PS pretty easily

Relentless7
09-04-2010, 07:19 PM
i would have kept brunett too. especially over madison

bit, it looked like he was kind of shy sticking his nose in there vs. the run last game.

crezdon doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

i see worthington going on the PS pretty easily

I agree with most of your points. I don't think Burnett is as huge of a loss as some. Butler had passed him by and with our HORRID ST play last year, who can really fault keeping the one guy we have that really excels at kick coverage (Madison)?

I too think Worthington is a near lock to make it to our PS.

Overall I love the makeup of the final 53. Kept everyone I wanted them to keep so I'm pleased.

birtikidis
09-04-2010, 11:39 PM
is burnette eligible for the practice squad? i don't think he is.. but am curious.

ikestops85
09-05-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm with the rest of you being surprised about Burnett. I did like his ball hawking skills ... one of our few DBs who attack the ball in the air. Butler also shows those instincts and his tackling is better than Burnett so if it came down to those 2 I think Butler was the good choice to keep.

I thought Madison would be gone again even though he improved his play. I know he is the special teams most prominent guy but since they still suck this year why bother. I think our leading tackler on special teams was Sep.

Hartwig was a bit of a surprise but it was probably because he didn't want to sit on the bench. I feel really good with Pouncey playing.

I still would have like to see them keep Grisham and get rid of ARE. The play of Brown and Sanders has made ARE expendable. He is no longer a return guy and if we need someone as an emergency returner we use Mewelde. I guess Grisham would have been my feel good player on the roster.

I just watched the last pre-season game on the NFL network and loved what Dwyer showed us. I think the guy is definitely a keeper. I really like our backfield even though they are young.

Overall I like the move towards keeping guys based on performance ... not based on draft position or veteran status.

birtikidis
09-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Ike, unfortunately ARE was a must keep player. If Ward were to go down, ARE would be the only vet that could come in and know the offense to replace him. he hasn't been gone that long, and he did well while he was here. he's a one year insurance policy for ward.