PDA

View Full Version : Greg Lloyd Jr.

birtikidis
09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Is he still at UConn? if so, anyone watching him play today. Michigan is moving the ball pretty well.
never too early to begin thinking about the draft.

SteelBucks
09-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Is he still at UConn? if so, anyone watching him play today. Michigan is moving the ball pretty well.

#95. Had a couple of nice tackles but Michigan is moving the ball pretty easily on their D.

steelerkeylargo
09-04-2010, 05:30 PM
He is to light to play DE against those big tackles. He needs to be a LB. He is a big hitter.

rpmpit
09-04-2010, 10:21 PM

#95. Had a couple of nice tackles but Michigan is moving the ball pretty easily on their D.

Surprised he's wearing his dad's #95. Anyone know if they patched up their differences?

fezziwig
09-06-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm surprised more kids from NFL players are not in the league. I would have thought that some of the 70's Steeler players would have had children playing on our today Steeler teams. Actually they would now be retired by now but, still the same. Just goes to show the special gift of talent that graces the few. I'm sure it has something to do with some of them having the opportunity of having dads with big money and being set up in life with an education and finacial backing. No need to play football.

Oviedo
09-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm surprised more kids from NFL players are not in the league. I would have thought that some of the 70's Steeler players would have had children playing on our today Steeler teams. Actually they would now be retired by now but, still the same. Just goes to show the special gift of talent that graces the few. I'm sure it has something to do with some of them having the opportunity of having dads with big money and being set up in life with an education and finacial backing. No need to play football.

I'm sure alot of the parents don't want their kids to go through the physical issues many of them are dealing with and have steered them in other directions or sports. Example being Mark Schlereth whose son is now a MLB pitcher.

fezziwig
09-06-2010, 11:39 AM

I'm sure alot of the parents don't want their kids to go through the physical issues many of them are dealing with and have steered them in other directions or sports. Example being Mark Schlereth whose son is now a MLB pitcher.

I agree, I think it is huge with the parents feeling the physical pain they probably now have and to direct their kids in a different direction.

frankthetank1
09-06-2010, 11:42 AM
i like lloyd jr. i missed the game on sat but i saw him play a lot the last couple of seasons. he is a really good tackler. he would be worth a late round pick imo.

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2010, 12:07 PM
i like lloyd jr. i missed the game on sat but i saw him play a lot the last couple of seasons. he is a really good tackler. he would be worth a late round pick imo.

Well, his dad was sure worth where we took him in the 6th round (of course, in today's NFL, with more teams than we had in 1987, plus adding in compensatory picks and such, the 110th pick that we used to get Lloyd back then would be taken in the 4th round now instead of the 6th).

Shoe
09-06-2010, 07:34 PM

Surprised he's wearing his dad's #95. Anyone know if they patched up their differences?

I was thinking the same thing; they (were) estranged, yet he sports the number. Lloyd (Jr.) really was unimpressive (this coming from Lloyd being my favorite player of th epast). I wouldn't even attribute it to his knee, because even in games before the knee, he wasn't particularlyimpressive.

He is too slow (on that note, he's put on A LOT of weight--259 lbs?).

kennyes
09-07-2010, 01:45 AM

Who knows if those allegations are even true or just a pizzed of wife or soon to be ex with a custody motive. I don't know other than what I saw online at the time. If it was true I doubt his kid would proudly sport #95.

SteelBucks
09-07-2010, 07:34 AM

Who knows if those allegations are even true or just a pizzed of wife or soon to be ex with a custody motive. I don't know other than what I saw online at the time. If it was true I doubt his kid would proudly sport #95.

Not sure if the allegations are true but he said he hasn't talked to his dad since 2002. So there is probably some truth to the story.

rpmpit
09-07-2010, 08:35 AM

Not sure if the allegations are true but he said he hasn't talked to his dad since 2002. So there is probably some truth to the story.

Heard the same, SteelBucks. Very sad situation. And Kennyes, he could be wearing his dad's #95 to remind NFL scouts who his dad is and that they should give him a look.

kennyes
09-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I suppose you fellas are probably right. I just hope maybe, a chance there has been some kind of counseling or amends. And hopefully Greg's kid doesn't seed that BS onto his future.

rpmpit
09-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I suppose you fellas are probably right. I just hope maybe, a chance there has been some kind of counseling or amends. And hopefully Greg's kid doesn't seed that BS onto his future.

:Agree

Slapstick
09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Lloyd Jr. can think of his dad as a total jackass, yet still be proud of what his father did on the football field...

As a player, he would be a good role model...as a parent, not so much...

ikestops85
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Lloyd Jr. can think of his dad as a total jackass, yet still be proud of what his father did on the football field...

Sorta like Ben :stirpot

Slapstick
09-09-2010, 02:41 PM
You added the pot-stirring icon :stirpot but I can't disagree with you...

While I don't think he did anything illegal per se, I wouldn't want my son behaving in a similar fashion...

fezziwig
09-12-2010, 11:20 AM

Good point and it reminds of what my brother told me once. " Some people in your life will do good and bad learn from the good but, also learn on how also not to be. "