PDA

View Full Version : Final DL

ramblinjim
09-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Guys, living down here in Redskins land I haven't gotten to see much of the pre-season games, read some stuff in the papers, saw some stuff on the boards but even NFL Network hasn't been to helpful.

Who do you guys see on the DL this year. WE know the starters are

Keisel
Snack
Smith

and the Hoke and Ziggy are kind of a given but between Eason, Harris and Worthington who does it look like? Has anyone gotten to watch the DL play much this year? Is there someone that could come out of no where (Paxson?) and make the team.

Just curious to what everyone thinks?

phillyesq
09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I think the DL will probably shake out this way:

Smith
Hampton
Kiesel

Hood
Hoke
Eason

PS: Worthington

Harris has disappointed and been pretty quiet in preseason. Worthington has shown a lot of athleticism, but is playing with the third team. Eason got off to a slow start (after some serious surgery that caused him to lose a lot of weight/muscle), but improved as camp and the preseason progressed. He provides a veteran backup at DE, edging out the younger guys.

I think there was a chance that Harris or Worthington was kept as a 7th DL, but the Leftwich injury forces the Steelers to keep 3 QBs on the roster while Ben is out, and I think that DL is an easier place to make the cut than LB, CB or WR.

PSU_dropout43
09-03-2010, 05:26 PM
My preference:

Keisel, Hampton, Aaron Smith

Hoke, Hood, Harris, Worthington

PS: McLendon

focosteeler
09-03-2010, 07:29 PM
My preference:

Keisel, Hampton, Aaron Smith

Hoke, Hood, Harris, Worthington

PS: McLendon
:Agree

i think we lose Worthington if he goes to PS plus that just gives us more depth to spell Keisel and Smith to keep them healthy

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Guys, living down here in Redskins land I haven't gotten to see much of the pre-season games, read some stuff in the papers, saw some stuff on the boards but even NFL Network hasn't been to helpful.

Who do you guys see on the DL this year. WE know the starters are

Keisel
Snack
Smith

and the Hoke and Ziggy are kind of a given but between Eason, Harris and Worthington who does it look like? Has anyone gotten to watch the DL play much this year? Is there someone that could come out of no where (Paxson?) and make the team.

Just curious to what everyone thinks?

Well, Paxson is already gonzo...

fezziwig
09-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I still haven't seen Hood looking like a number one pick. Even Timmons showed us something once in a while. In my opinion a defensive lineman should be able to show his worth fairly quickly. Either you can shed blocks, knock over guys or you can't. I'm not saying every play but at least some QB pressurse or disruption to the offense.

I wonder if we go for a nose tackle next season with the nummber one pick ?

StarSpangledSteeler
09-04-2010, 05:40 AM
I still haven't seen Hood looking like a number one pick. Even Timmons showed us something once in a while. In my opinion a defensive lineman should be able to show his worth fairly quickly. Either you can shed blocks, knock over guys or you can't. I'm not saying every play but at least some QB pressurse or disruption to the offense.

I wonder if we go for a nose tackle next season with the nummber one pick ?

i tend to agree. in our 3-4 scheme we don't really ask our DE's for a lot of pass rush moves, we ask that they hold the point, then shed blockers, and tackle. if they don't show at least some ability right off the bat, they're probably not going to magically learn it later.