PDA

View Full Version : How Did Everybody Look?

phillyesq
09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
For those of us not in the local tv market who will have to wait until Saturday, how did everybody look?

At first glance from the box score, it is clear that Dwyer got a lot of work. Superficially, his numbers look good, but when broken down, it appears that he had one long run, and averaged under 3 per carry on the rest. How was he? Any apparent mental mistakes?

Did anybody else on the bubble stand out, good or bad?

pfelix73
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
#47- Sly had a great game. Got interviewed after the game by Wolf man too. Looks like he'll make the roster.

#40 Butler had a good game too.

:tt1

Relentless7
09-02-2010, 11:19 PM
For those of us not in the local tv market who will have to wait until Saturday, how did everybody look?

At first glance from the box score, it is clear that Dwyer got a lot of work. Superficially, his numbers look good, but when broken down, it appears that he had one long run, and averaged under 3 per carry on the rest. How was he? Any apparent mental mistakes?

Did anybody else on the bubble stand out, good or bad?

My opinions... I thought Dywer did look good. Showed a nice burst. Ran with speed and power. Other "bubble dwellers" I thought that had a good game were Butler, and Sylvester.

Logan didn't have a real good game and I think the writing is on the wall for him.

And while I think Bailey played really well on defense, I just don't think it will be enough for him to claim a spot.

just my two cents.

Lebsteel
09-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Butler and Sylvester were very impressive. They both are extremely aggressive, hard hitting and very quick to the ball. I also very impressed with Dwyer's elusiveness and his ability to run over people. He had a great TD run that was called back by a hold. I really hope all three make the final 53. Oh, and DD was perfect tonight (1 for 1 and a TD!)

Lebsteel
09-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Also add Doug Worthington to the list of those who impressed. He covers the field like a 300 lb. linebacker!

JDSteeler
09-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Hood can pack his sad ass!!!!

What a dog!!!

Loafing it like a fat bum!!!

Suffice it to say, I ain't happy with The Zigman!!!

Check out my post about Ziggy...."Surprise cuts" thread.

JD

Snatch98
09-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Patrick Baily also had a hell of a game.

BCSteel
09-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Bailey and Sly looked really good, . . . is Foote really better than these guys?

Butler looked good, very aggressive, he screwed up when he thought he'd forced an incompletion but the guy actually caught it, but apart from that he looked faster and more aggressive than Lewis.

Manny Sanders had a good game, made a great leaping full stretch grab off of a Lefty highball.

What about Pouncey's high snap that killed a drive, can't be pullin that crap come gameday proper. Other than that he looked good again, as did Hills and Foster in limited time.

:Steel

Stewie
09-03-2010, 07:42 AM
I agree on Butler and Sylvester. Timmons was a monster. I would like to spread some love to Hills and Foster also. Hills kept his man out forever. Hotel actually buckled the knees of a D-lineman with a punch. Summers sucked big time. Essex was a little better than last week, but no great shakes. Kemo and Urbik were inconsistent, but run-blocking was generally good. Redman, in limited action, was good. My advice to the decision makers is where it's close, go with youth.

proudpittsburgher
09-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I think that Sylvester and dwyer by far had the best games for the Steelers and may have locked up a roster spot with their play. Sylvester was playing like a man possessed out there. Reminds me of what Fix looked like the past two preseasons. I agree that Logan is done.

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Bailey and Sly looked really good, . . . is Foote really better than these guys?

Butler looked good, very aggressive, he screwed up when he thought he'd forced an incompletion but the guy actually caught it, but apart from that he looked faster and more aggressive than Lewis.

Manny Sanders had a good game, made a great leaping full stretch grab off of a Lefty highball.

What about Pouncey's high snap that killed a drive, can't be pullin that crap come gameday proper. Other than that he looked good again, as did Hills and Foster in limited time.

:Steel

We can definitely tell who is British among us. Welcome. Black Country, U.K. in the house!

Shawn
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Also add Doug Worthington to the list of those who impressed. He covers the field like a 300 lb. linebacker!

Go Bucks!