PDA

View Full Version : Dixon or Batch?

Discipline of Steel
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I am going with Dixon on this one. Batch is the perennial backup and mentor for the skilled young man.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2010, 09:18 PM
My depth chart has been, is, and will be Roethlisberger-Leftwich-Dixon-Batch. I haven't seen anything up to this point to change that opinion. If Ben and Byron are not available, then I'd go Dixon as the starter and Batch as the backup.

Crash
09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I think Batch will start and Dixon will be sprinkled in with wild cat stuff.

Oviedo
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm afraid that Dixon would have more INTs than TDs. Batch is the safer pick.

Let's hope Lefty is OK.

If Lefty is hurt then there is no way that Goodell would reduce the punishment on Ben or he would have the league screaming he was doing it because of the injury to Left. Goodell has royally screwed us with the extreme puinishment.

papillon
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Are the Steelers going to have top pick up a quarterback for the first 4 games? We need an emergency quarterback, correct?

Pappy

TheSikOne
09-02-2010, 10:35 PM

When will these wildcat comments ever end?
It just won't happen. This isn't college and we aren't the Dolphins.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Are the Steelers going to have top pick up a quarterback for the first 4 games? We need an emergency quarterback, correct?

Pappy

We have Antwaan Randle El, who played QB at Indiana, Arnaz Battle, who played QB at Notre Dame, and Hines Ward, who played QB at Georgia. In the unlikely event that both Dixon and Batch were injured in the same game, they could work out something for those guys to run. Perhaps they pick up a young QB to put on their practice squad to learn our plays and such, but I think we can survive with 2 QB's while Ben is on the shelf (if Byron's knee injury is serious, of course, which we still don't know).

isonator07
09-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I heard Lienart is available! :stirpot

phillyesq
09-02-2010, 11:00 PM
I'd much prefer Batch to start over Dixon. He is the safer, more reliable pick.

I fear that it will be Dixon.

SteelBucks
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I can't believe the Steelers are going to be forced to start the season with their 3rd string QB.

Come on Goodell.....a zero game suspension sounds good to me.

proudpittsburgher
09-03-2010, 06:39 AM

When will these wildcat comments ever end?
It just won't happen. This isn't college and we aren't the Dolphins.

The Dolphins certainly aren't the only team in the NFL running some sort of wildcat, so I don't think it's fair to poo poo those thinking Dixon should be used in that regard. That being said, my scenario at this point would be Batch starting and having Dixon see the field in more of a Michael Vick role, so you dont know whether he is going to pass or run.

The Answer
09-03-2010, 07:15 AM

I agree with Crash. I think Batch should start. And I'm not sure about the second part.

frankthetank1
09-03-2010, 07:41 AM
i think dixon should start because of default. the glass man behind this o-line is asking for trouble. if batch starts he wont last long and we will be down to one qb.