PDA

View Full Version : Report: Terry Bradshaw says keep ban on Ben

hawaiiansteel
09-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Report: Terry Bradshaw says keep ban

ESPN.com news services

Former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw said he hopes commissioner Roger Goodell keeps Ben Roethlisberger's suspension at six games, according to a report in the Shreveport Times.

"Going to bars -- treating women like that; oh my God. I pray they don't cut [his NFL suspension] to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

The 28-year-old Roethlisbgerger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Roethlisberger is scheduled to meet with Goodell on Friday to seek a reduction in the suspension.

Sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask Goodell to lessen the ban to three games and will bring along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case.

Bradshaw, who won four Super Bowls as the Steelers' starting quarterback in the 1970s, was also critical of Roethlisberger in April, when the allegations came to light.

"He has got to realize who he is," Bradshaw said at the time at his golf tournament in Louisiana. "He is an elite athlete in the National Football League. He's got an image problem right now. Best thing to do is never put yourself in that position again."

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Roethlisberger was set to start the Steelers' fourth and final preseason game against Carolina on Thursday night. It will be his third straight start.

Byron Leftwich is expected to be the Steelers' starting quarterback while Roethlisberger is suspended.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5525039

rpmpit
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Terry, we LOVE you. We ADORE you. But if you don't have anything positive to say about Ben, please STFU!!! :evil:

Crash
09-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Bradshaw later admitted he would have rather played for the Saints in his career:

Bradshaw says he's "eternally grateful" for his time in Pittsburgh, which produced four championships. However, he can't help but dream about a do over.

"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."

The Woodlawn High and Louisiana Tech product "grew up" a Saints fan and remains a Black and Gold supporter to this day. In his mind, it's just too bad the Big Easy had to wait until 2010 to win a Super Bowl.

"In a perfect world, how about being able to stay in my home state and do all that for my home state?" Bradshaw said. "That would have been the greatest gift ever."
-------------------------------------------------

Remember too, he's been divorced THREE TIMES, I'm sure he's treated all the women in his life like Queen's.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Bradshaw couldn't spell Ben if you spotted him the "B" and the "N" :wink:

Sugar
09-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I think old Terry cherishes his records more than he lets on. What a doosh.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
wow.

if that article is accurate, then I just lost a large chunk of respect for the blonde bomber. his personal life was a gatdamn mess in the 70's. imagine if he faced the scrutiny of the interwebs like ben and the hacks who feed off of it. piss poor judgement on his part.

pfelix73
09-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Hate to admit it, but:

:Agree

wow.

Crash
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
"I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before ... my whole life was out of control ... I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."

-Terry Bradshaw

http://sports.jrank.org/pages/600/Brads ... Again.html (http://sports.jrank.org/pages/600/Bradshaw-Terry-Born-Again.html)

And he has the balls to judge Ben?

F**k him.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I think old Terry cherishes his records more than he lets on. What a doosh.

I'm sure Terry cherishes these records especially:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwoY57JX9eMvZVZn7C7t_eTVYItjSAC tHllIuZ9GlVT-WH6n4&t=1&usg=__QATnZVvMZIdXGscsXEpdjOg-I3M= http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8BDy8WjGPMATegWHXEJ6_lMFc-3vDWRwvbs1HTf8s7tG_z0A&t=1&usg=__jZXQyINezV9oKMkHvQgXd-XAwx4= http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUYMXGU1QQbWBFhCunSQY_vuelpmqgE WufZXHmZdgZWZTeHCo&t=1&usg=__Nrb8Iti1jKqmMbBn-eUh70FMg90=

sd steel
09-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Terry 4 - Ben 2

Let me know when that changes.

Yeah he is old and opinionated and maybe even senile, but he earned that right to say what he thinks of Ben, and every other primadonna NFL player, and as far as his comments about winning Super Bowls for the Saints, remember where he is from and who he was talking to.

If Goodell isn't going to suspend anyone else due to bad behavior, then he is picking on the one franchise QB for being a big dumb a$$. So I can blame Goodell for not being fair, but I still blame Ben for being a dumb a$$ and getting into the situation to begin with, and all the other stories about him being a jerk to boot were all a result of him being a stupid arrogant a$$. "Drink my shots bitc%s".

Hopefully he really found religion or whatever he was trying to get across with the sheep and the shepard thingy, but why did it take a legal battle, an accusation of rape and a suspension for him to decide he was going to be a good guy?

So I will say again Terry 4 - Ben 2, they are probably both big jerks in real life, but if I learned anything on these boards you have to stick by the guy that has won you the most Super Bowls.

sentinel33
09-03-2010, 12:31 AM
i feel sorry for the old buzzard. really. but i agree with all of the above comments. he's a hypocritical, narcissistic, senile, grudge-holding old man who took his "relationship" with Ben and let it get in the way of what the Steelers are trying to accomplish this year. Way to speak your mind Terry. Now shut up! Go kick some but Ben. I'm with ya brother.

sentinel33
09-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Theres more to life than superbowls sd steel. holy hell!!! You are as much of a moron as Terry! Yeah, we have freedom of speech but that doesnt mean you turn the filter off when you use it. geez

feltdizz
09-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Half of the so-called Steeler fans wouldn't be Steeler fans if it wasn't for Terry Bradshaw.

All you fans who never grew up in Pittsburgh or had family who moved from Pittsburgh that talk down on Terry Bradshaw for his highs and lows can eat a bag of 10 inch d###'s...

:wink:

sd steel
09-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Theres more to life than superbowls sd steel. holy hell!!! You are as much of a moron as Terry! Yeah, we have freedom of speech but that doesnt mean you turn the filter off when you use it. geez

The only real moron in this situation is Ben. And BTW attack my argument, don't attack me. If you don't agree then fine, but no need to call me names.

sd steel
09-03-2010, 12:54 AM

And if there is more to life than Super Bowls why do you care what Terry says about Ben? If you really felt that way you would agree that Ben acted like a dumb a$$ instead of supporting him.

Crash
09-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Terry 4 - Ben 2

Let me know when Ben plays 10 years like Terry did.

They BOTH had 6 years in, they both had two rings.

Terry has earned NO RIGHT to throw stones at Ben, especially when he acted just like him.

sd steel
09-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Terry 4 - Ben 2

Let me know when Ben plays 10 years like Terry did.

They BOTH had 6 years in, they both had two rings.

Terry has earned NO RIGHT to throw stones at Ben, especially when he acted just like him.

Good to see you again Crash, long time!

I figured you'd chime in.....sticking with the theme of the board, if and when Ben gets 4 I will consider the argument equal, and then if Ben happens to surpass Terry then I will recant and say Terry was 100% wrong. Until then scoreboard 4-2. :tt1

Crash
09-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Scoreboard my a$s. Ben's only played six years. Took Terry a decade to win his 4.

Also, Terry didn't win anything until that magical draft class of 1974 happened.

Ben's won two rings while dealing with constant change around him.

Terry had Franco, Swann, and Stallworth, for 9 years straight.

The Man of Steel
09-03-2010, 06:17 AM
"I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before ... my whole life was out of control ... I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."

-Terry Bradshaw

http://sports.jrank.org/pages/600/Brads ... Again.html (http://sports.jrank.org/pages/600/Bradshaw-Terry-Born-Again.html)

F**k him.
I never heard that quote before so yeah, eff that backwoods, hillbilly mofo.

Discipline of Steel
09-03-2010, 06:29 AM

-Terry Bradshaw

F**k him.
I never heard that quote before so yeah, eff that backwoods, hillbilly mofo.

Sounds just like Ben. I guess we should be concerned that Ben will go bald and become a douche as he gets older too. Bradshaw hasnt exactly been a Steeler fan in his golden years. Alter ego to Lambert who will bleed black and gold till the end.

proudpittsburgher
09-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Normally, I am in favor of people speakling their mind, but TB went a bit overboard. He had to know how his comments would be percieved, so he should have at least toned it down a bit.

rpmpit
09-03-2010, 06:54 AM
TB has been dealing with mental health problems, including depression most of his life. And I don't doubt that he sees Ben as a major threat to his legacy. Still, I don't understand why he needs to go public with this stuff about wishing he had played in New Orleans, Bens a jerk, aliens ate my cat, etc. Like I said earlier, if he doesn't want to support the Steelers, then just don't say anything.

rpmpit
09-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Was also thinking about TB and BR relationship a few weeks ago watching Hard Knocks and seeing Joe Namath and Sanchez together. How great would that be to have TB helping out Ben. Not that Ben needs the help, but you know what I mean. We pride ourselves in being a family oriented franchise and you have TB who is what he is because of us, ****ting on the B&G. Its just not right.

The Answer
09-03-2010, 07:07 AM

-Terry Bradshaw

F**k him.

You lost sight of the fact that he chased women like we all do. Does it say in there somewhere that he cornered them in restrooms and raped them? I missed it. That being said, I don't thing Terry does himself any favors by opening his mouth.

rpmpit
09-03-2010, 07:11 AM

-Terry Bradshaw

F**k him.

You lost sight of the fact that he chased women like we all do. Does it say in there somewhere that he cornered them in restrooms and raped them? I missed it. That being said, I don't thing Terry does himself any favors by opening his mouth.

Where does it say that Ben actually cornered someone in restroom and raped them?? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was never charged :roll:

Slapstick
09-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I loved Terry Bradshaw as the Steelers QB and I will forever be grateful to him for his unparalleled tenure in Pittsburgh...

I don't love Terry Bradshaw as football commentator...I never have...

I also don't believe that the number of Super Bowls won by a player entitles them in anyway to do or say stupid things or to be a hypocrite...

And what TB said was both stupid and hypocritical...

Period.

frankthetank1
09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I loved Terry Bradshaw as the Steelers QB and I will forever be grateful to him for his unparalleled tenure in Pittsburgh...

I don't love Terry Bradshaw as football commentator...I never have...

I also don't believe that the number of Super Bowls won by a player entitles them in anyway to do or say stupid things or to be a hypocrite...

And what TB said was both stupid and hypocritical...

Period.

:Agree

i think its funny that TB is passing judgement on ben. its not like he wasnt chasing women when he was ben's age and it was the 70's. im sure in the 1970's being TB he could of gotten away with anything and everything. its a very different ballgame in 2010.
i never saw TB play so i mostly know him as the idiot hillbilly on Fox. his act has always been lame just like his personality.

anyone who thinks TB was a better qb than ben is kidding themselves. TB has a whoping 4 more td's than int's. those are farve like numbers. if he played for the saints he would of never sniffed the postseason let alone a SB. ben has had some good teams but TB had 4 other hall of famers on his offense. ben is also faster, bigger, stronger and believe it or not smarter than TB. then again a box of paper clips is smarter than TB

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Same here. Luv ya Terry. Liked how you reached out early in Ben's career and I didn't have a problem when you stuck in your 2 cents when everything was reported. Also liked what words you chose when it appeared you & Ben didn't see eye to eye. I believe you were always spot on. There just comes a time "when adding things" up can sour what you say. I think at this point, you should have just said, "I believe the Commish will do what is in the best interest of the League and Ben Roethlisberger." Even when you are a legend...A kick as you walk by isn't appropriate. We know how you feel.

sd steel
09-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Scoreboard my a$s. Ben's only played six years. Took Terry a decade to win his 4.

Also, Terry didn't win anything until that magical draft class of 1974 happened.

Just sayin time doesn't matter, and either does supporting cast, just hardware, and Terry has 4 rings and Ben only 2. Terry garners my support for that fact alone.

When Ben gets 4 I will change my mind, until then Terry can rip Ben a new one all he wants. Which QB brought 4 effin Super Bowls to Pittsburgh? And who helped Pittsburgh become the city of champions? Terry mf'in Bradshaw!

Djfan
09-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Screw him.

That's my take on it. That's my freedom of speech.

feltdizz
09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Terry has been through it... I don't see why people are so mad at him over his opinion.

I respect what a guy says who has been a Steeler, QB and won 4 SB's much more than some random fan or analyst who never took a snap but says what I want to hear.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Just sayin time doesn't matter, and either does supporting cast, just hardware, and Terry has 4 rings and Ben only 2. Terry garners my support for that fact alone.

When Ben gets 4 I will change my mind, until then Terry can rip Ben a new one all he wants. Which QB brought 4 effin Super Bowls to Pittsburgh? And who helped Pittsburgh become the city of champions? Terry mf'in Bradshaw!

Not for an argument...Just curious about your logic.

If Brady, Aikman, Montana, Elway, Griese, Staubach, Plunkett or Starr made the same comment, it would be ok?

But if Favre, the Mannings, Warner, Young, Simms, Theismann, Unitas, or Namath made it...It would be STFU?

Interesting Logic. Just sayin.

feltdizz
09-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Terry was a Steeler QB.. just like Ben
Terry won SB's.. just like Ben
Terry had to deal with Steeler Nations unrealistic expectations.. just like Ben.
Terry says he lost sight of Jesus/God and worshiped himself... JUST LIKE BEN recently said.

But somehow Terry is a moron without a clue?

frankthetank1
09-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Terry had to deal with Steeler Nations unrealistic expectations.. just like Ben.
Terry says he lost sight of Jesus/God and worshiped himself... JUST LIKE BEN recently said.

he is a moron that is a fact haha. the problem is its the pot calling the kettle black. terry is a hypocrite and shouldnt be judging anyone. does anyone really care about is opinion anyways?

feltdizz
09-03-2010, 10:59 AM

he is a moron that is a fact haha. the problem is its the pot calling the kettle black. terry is a hypocrite and shouldnt be judging anyone. does anyone really care about is opinion anyways?

If Terry had a clean background and said this people would still call him a moron because he isn't saying what we want to hear.

how is he a hypocrite? Only the angels can have opinions of Ben? He is the only other Steeler QB with rings...

If a guy gets busted for Coke and Michael Irvin gives a scathing interview of the player I wouldn't call him a moron. He is an expert on the subject. :wink:

I think Terry is full of himself and is probably more like Ben than we want to admit. Ben is pulling the Jesus talk back out and saying he will change and how this last incident put his head on straight...

but when other people say it's good for him they get slammed. Not sure why...

Maybe Terry is jealous but the guy has 4 rings... love it or hate it.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Terry isn't a moron. He is one of my favorites all time. As I wrote, I agreed with everything he said about Ben until this recent statement. I don't think any differently even though he said it.

Here is a better way to see my perspective maybe.

Ben has been wide open, by his own doing, since this all started. Everyone has been tee-ing off on him and rightfully so. I have been one of them. But in light of the events today that everyone has known about for some time...After all the ridicule and Ben Bashing....The only figure in the media to excuse his way through the crowd & step to the front to raise his hand to add a comment....Is the former 4 time SB Campion of the Pittsburgh Steelers who doesn't see eye-to-eye with the current 2 time SB Champion of the Pittsburgh Steelers. If you don't smell personal agenda in that stink....I can't explain it any better. I Luv ya Terry. Ben F'ed up big time. He is not 100% back in my heart but he is heading in the right direction. I just think the words from your heart beat the words from your mind out of your mouth this time.

ikestops85
09-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Sorry Terry but the only reason you are saying crap like this is because you are becoming irrelavant. Your football career has long been over with. Your broadcasting career has grown stale. Nobody is buying that stupid good ole boy character anymore.

The only way you get your name in the paper is when you say something outlandish. What's the next thing we'll see from you - kissing Suzy Kolber on MNF. Oh, wait, Namath beat you to it.

Bradshaw was one of the worst starting QBs ever during the 1st half of his career and one of the best during the last half. The steelers would have won the first 2 SBs with Trent Dilfer at the helm but we never would have won the last 2 without Terry.

I wish Terry would just grow old gracefully and realize he is one of the most overrated QBs in NFL history. Keep the silly grin on his face but his yap shut. I do find it amusing that we have one former dumb arse steeler QB commenting on what a dumb arse the current Steeler's QB is when they both seem to have the same personality flaws.

grotonsteel
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
A guy who has divorced 3 times is talking about girls???? Go figure that out... :roll:

When Art Rooney died , Bradshaw did not attend his funeral. Just tells you what kinda person he is.

Anyways to me TB is a joker on NFL Sunday...laugh at him and then move on.

frankthetank1
09-03-2010, 11:27 AM

If Terry had a clean background and said this people would still call him a moron because he isn't saying what we want to hear.

how is he a hypocrite? Only the angels can have opinions of Ben? He is the only other Steeler QB with rings...

If a guy gets busted for Coke and Michael Irvin gives a scathing interview of the player I wouldn't call him a moron. He is an expert on the subject. :wink:

I think Terry is full of himself and is probably more like Ben than we want to admit. Ben is pulling the Jesus talk back out and saying he will change and how this last incident put his head on straight...

but when other people say it's good for him they get slammed. Not sure why...

Maybe Terry is jealous but the guy has 4 rings... love it or hate it.

im not calling him a moron because of his opinions on ben. he really does not seem to bright. i doubt its an act. i have always thought TB was an idiot. why would he chose to put on a front like that? he is an expert in the area of chasing women. if michael irvin commented on someone getting busted for coke wouldnt he be a hypocrite? im pretty sure that is the definition of hypocrite. and again does TB know EXACTLY what happened in GA? no, he is making judgements based on hearsay. that is what i call stupid.

Eich
09-03-2010, 11:55 AM

He's a hypocrite because he's condeming Ben when he has done VERY similar things in his own career and life.

Instead of praying for Ben to get 6 games because of the "terrible things he did to those girls", why not come out and say, "I know what Ben is going through. The pressure, the inflated ego, the loss of yourself. I've been there. I hope he corrects his life". Terry could reach out to Ben and be a great mentor to him. Instead, it feels like TB is trying to make his own life look better by putting Ben down every chance he gets and alienating the two of them.

aggiebones
09-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I like Terry and value him for what he was and what he is now ( comedy relief on fox). But when he gets serious, he makes an arse of himself.

He's a bit of a hypocrite that doesn't remember how his life was scrambled. Ben's is scrambled as well. Terry listened to noone either.

Terry is:
jealous that every year he gets forgotten a bit more.
forgetful about his own personal life.
ungrateful for those that have helped him.
somewhat of a boob.
a helluva good QB that played WITH some of the best players ever.

sd steel
09-03-2010, 04:57 PM
[quote=Crash]Scoreboard my a$s. Ben's only played six years. Took Terry a decade to win his 4.

If Brady, Aikman, Montana, Elway, Griese, Staubach, Plunkett or Starr made the same comment, it would be ok?

But if Favre, the Mannings, Warner, Young, Simms, Theismann, Unitas, or Namath made it...It would be STFU?

Interesting Logic. Just sayin.[/quote:yef16ngo]

No, I would chastise any of the above named if they were to comment, but Terry won 4 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers so he has Carte Blanche so to speak. And i am just keeping up with the theme of this board, as long as you win Super Bowls for the Steelers you can do what you want a we will support you. How dare anyone question Terry Bradshaw for saying what he did, he won 4 Super Bowls for Pittsburgh!

And How dare anyone aside from Terry Bradshaw, (who won 4 Super Bowls for the Steelers), say anything bad about Ben being accused of rape and sexual assault, or him just genuinely being an a-hole as a teammate and off the field, because he has won 2 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was never convicted and he was set up and everyone is a liar about Ben, because he won 2 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers, except Terry, because he won 4 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Did I make my point?

sd steel
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry Terry but the only reason you are saying crap like this is because you are becoming irrelavant. Your football career has long been over with. Your broadcasting career has grown stale. Nobody is buying that stupid good ole boy character anymore.

The only way you get your name in the paper is when you say something outlandish. What's the next thing we'll see from you - kissing Suzy Kolber on MNF. Oh, wait, Namath beat you to it.

Bradshaw was one of the worst starting QBs ever during the 1st half of his career and one of the best during the last half. The steelers would have won the first 2 SBs with Trent Dilfer at the helm but we never would have won the last 2 without Terry.

I wish Terry would just grow old gracefully and realize he is one of the most overrated QBs in NFL history. Keep the silly grin on his face but his yap shut. I do find it amusing that we have one former dumb arse steeler QB commenting on what a dumb arse the current Steeler's QB is when they both seem to have the same personality flaws.

With this post I truly question your knowledge of football or the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bradshaw one of the worst starting QB's ever? Trent Dilfer was as good? Most over rated QB's in NFL history??

You obviously have no knowledge of the history of the Steelers, or the fact that Bradshaw was a great QB and a great all around athlete. You sir should probably lose your Steeler Fanclub badge and become a Cowboy fan or something. Not only are you wrong, it is something I would expect from a young dumb arse browns fan.

Crash
09-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Terry has been through it... I don't see why people are so mad at him over his opinion

Because this three timed divorced drunk mental midget is judging Ben when he himself as acted in the same manner.

People in glass houses.

Crash
09-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Times doesn't matter? So you are actually bashing Ben because he's yet to play 10 years?

Odd.

sd steel
09-03-2010, 07:27 PM

Times doesn't matter? So you are actually bashing Ben because he's yet to play 10 years?

Odd.

I'm not bashing Ben, just saying Terry can bash Ben until Ben wins 4 Super Bowls.

sd steel
09-03-2010, 07:29 PM

Odd.

And seriously Crash you are smarter than that, you have seemed to take on the Smartmonies persona.

Crash
09-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm not bashing Ben, just saying Terry can bash Ben until Ben wins 4 Super Bowls.

Says who? When this drunken three times divorced idiot acts the same way as Ben? He's not entitled to say anything when he acts like a hypocrite.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-03-2010, 08:52 PM
somebody must think TB won all those Super Bowls by himself.

to say he can indiscriminately attack Ben whenever he sees fit is patently absurd.

terry needs to keep his fat mouth shut.

fezziwig
09-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Terry should lay off the subject and move on.

Sugar
09-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Some of the players I love(d) most on the field- TB, Hines, Bus produce some of the most cringe-inducing quotes. It makes me really wish that people wouldn't put a microphone, camera or word processor anywhere near them.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm sure lots of people have a similar feeling about the whole thing. He has as much right as anyone to have them. If he'd thought about it he probably wouldn't have said it to the public, but it sounds like he was at some local La. golf tournament, then some hometown reporter asks him some questions.

Not that what he did was right, but he can say what he wants.

And he is our 4-time SB winning QB.

So, let's move on!

Crash
09-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Then I can say what I want, Terry Bradshaw is an ungreateful, jealous, bitter, washed up senile old man who is now irrelevant.

Don't badmouth Ben when you act the same way Terry.

Bradshaw didn't even have the balls to attend the Chief's funeral.

And don't hand me that gibberish about distractions or not wanting to see Chuck Noll. The day the Chief was laid to rest Chuck Noll wasn't even there, he was in New Orleans for a pre-season game with the Saints.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Then I can say what I want, Terry Bradshaw is an ungreateful, jealous, bitter, washed up senile old man who is now irrelevant.

And don't hand me that gibberish about distractions or not wanting to see Chuck Noll. The day the Chief was laid to rest Chuck Noll wasn't even there, he was in New Orleans for a pre-season game with the Saints.

TB was suffering from severe clinical depression earlier in life, I believe I've read, maybe that was around the time of the funeral.

I think he shouldn't have said it, but what the hey ...

pfelix73
09-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Reading all the posts on here.... interesting stuff.. Yea, the thing I take away from TB's quotes is jealousy. Wonder if he's feeling threatened by Ben and his 2 SB rings.

:tt1

sd steel
09-03-2010, 11:07 PM

But Ben can tarnish the image of the Pittsburgh Steelers and put this season in jeopardy because of his self admitted ego problems and his utter stupidity and you will give him a pass?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-03-2010, 11:11 PM
[quote="sd steel":21w6f9o3][quote=Crash]Scoreboard my a$s. Ben's only played six years. Took Terry a decade to win his 4.

Interesting Logic. Just sayin.[/quote:21w6f9o3]

No, I would chastise any of the above named if they were to comment, but Terry won 4 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers so he has Carte Blanche so to speak. And i am just keeping up with the theme of this board, as long as you win Super Bowls for the Steelers you can do what you want a we will support you. How dare anyone question Terry Bradshaw for saying what he did, he won 4 Super Bowls for Pittsburgh!

And How dare anyone aside from Terry Bradshaw, (who won 4 Super Bowls for the Steelers), say anything bad about Ben being accused of rape and sexual assault, or him just genuinely being an a-hole as a teammate and off the field, because he has won 2 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was never convicted and he was set up and everyone is a liar about Ben, because he won 2 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers, except Terry, because he won 4 Super Bowls for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Did I make my point?[/quote:21w6f9o3]
No, you didn't make your point. That rambling temper tantrum cost you your creditabilty for your argument. I'm not sure you even know what your point is. Winning SBs doesn't make you right. Winning 4 for the Steelers doesn't make you right. You are just a man judged like everyone else.

sd steel
09-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Credibility?

I didn't add any exclamation points so no tantrum. Just saying that the guys who will give Ben a pass and really blame everybody but Ben for the situation ben has put the team in are only doing it because he has won 2 Super bowls and gives us a chance to win more. If Tomzcak or Brister or anyone else would have put the Steelers in such a position the fans...al of them would have said "get rid of the bum".

Now our 4 time Super Bowl winning QB makes comments about Ben, and they are ready to even burn him at the stake. In fact some fans here have the balls to even say "he was the most overrated QB ever".

Ben might be a great QB, but he did some stupid and maybe even illegal stuff, and all Terry did was say how he and most NFL fans feel about the situation, and now these "Ben homers", hate Terry and everything has has ever did for the Steelers.

My point was that my arguement was as idiotic as someone who would throw unquestionable support behind Ben because he has won 2 Super Bowls and might win more.

Crash
09-03-2010, 11:36 PM

But Ben can tarnish the image of the Pittsburgh Steelers and put this season in jeopardy because of his self admitted ego problems and his utter stupidity and you will give him a pass?

Not at all. Ben was stupid.

But spare me the image tarnishing OK? The Steelers have had plenty of guys get in trouble over the years. Their "image" is nothing more than PR garbage. They are really no different from other teams.

sd steel
09-04-2010, 12:25 AM

Not at all. Ben was stupid.

But spare me the image tarnishing OK? The Steelers have had plenty of guys get in trouble over the years. Their "image" is nothing more than PR garbage. They are really no different from other teams.

Ouch! I disagree a little, I think the Steeler image is a little more than PR garbage. And yes the Steelers have had plenty of guys get into trouble over the years, but not the hundred million dollar, 2 time Super Bowl winning, face of the franchise QB, who has made at least 3 really bad decisions and many enemies with his egotistic attitude. That is the big difference, and the Steelers have parted ways with most of the troublemakers.

Crash
09-04-2010, 12:30 AM
James Harrison's still here right?

Santonio Holmes was still here after three arrests and a failed drug test, right?

Ernie Holmes tried to kill a cop, then was on trial for coke possession, he stayed too.

Joe Greene tried to stab Alan Page and Carl Eller with scissors during a game.

Guess what? He stayed.

Rod Woodson's multiple bar fights? Arrests?

Shall I go on?

sd steel
09-04-2010, 12:46 AM

Santonio Holmes was still here after three arrests and a failed drug test, right?

Ernie Holmes tried to kill a cop, then was on trial for coke possession, he stayed too.

Guess what? He stayed.

Shall I go on?

If you want. Football players are always in trouble. And you are right, we don't always get rid of guys who might be able to help us win. But none of those guys you mentioned ever garnered the national media attention that our 100 million dollar QB does. And the accusations against him are even more disturbing because they were sexual crimes against women. I am not sure what is so hard to get about that.

Sugar
09-04-2010, 01:04 AM

Guess what? He stayed.

Shall I go on?

If you want. Football players are always in trouble. And you are right, we don't always get rid of guys who might be able to help us win. But none of those guys you mentioned ever garnered the national media attention that our 100 million dollar QB does. And the accusations against him are even more disturbing because they were sexual crimes against women. I am not sure what is so hard to get about that.

You act like it should be about the seriousness of the charge instead of the evidence of a crime. Ben hasn't been shown, as of yet, to have done anything actually illegal. Blast National Media and the nature of the accusations- has the culture really fallen this far?

Crash
09-04-2010, 01:15 AM
But none of those guys you mentioned ever garnered the national media attention that our 100 million dollar QB does.

Different era's also. How much of the Steelers of the 1970's carousing would have been made public if the exposure was the same? ESPN was founded in 1979, the Steelers of the 1970's were almost at the end of the line by then.

No internet.

No cell phones.

No cell phone camera's.

No ESPN News.

The only info you got then was from the paper, radio, the 6 and 11 PM news.

Apples to oranges. As usual.

sd steel
09-04-2010, 09:11 AM
But none of those guys you mentioned ever garnered the national media attention that our 100 million dollar QB does.

Different era's also. How much of the Steelers of the 1970's carousing would have been made public if the exposure was the same? ESPN was founded in 1979, the Steelers of the 1970's were almost at the end of the line by then.

No internet.

No cell phones.

No cell phone camera's.

No ESPN News.

The only info you got then was from the paper, radio, the 6 and 11 PM news.

Apples to oranges. As usual.

So what's the big deal if Terry say what he feels, Ben was a d!ck to him too. It doesn't affect anything. And putting Terry in the same class as far as woman issues is utterly stupid. Terry had trouble staying in relationships, Ben had trouble not being accused of sex crimes. Just a little bit of a difference there.

sd steel
09-04-2010, 09:15 AM

Guess what? He stayed.

Shall I go on?

You act like it should be about the seriousness of the charge instead of the evidence of a crime. Ben hasn't been shown, as of yet, to have done anything actually illegal. Blast National Media and the nature of the accusations- has the culture really fallen this far?

If Ben didn't do anything wrong, why didn't he fight it tooth and nail? Because there is truth to the accusations, and he has admitted as much. Has culture really fallen this far in that you will blindly support a guy who basically got away with sexual assault because he can win you a football game?

proudpittsburgher
09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
[quote=Crash]James Harrison's still here right?

Guess what? He stayed.

Shall I go on?

If Ben didn't do anything wrong, why didn't he fight it tooth and nail? Because there is truth to the accusations, and he has admitted as much. Has culture really fallen this far in that you will blindly support a guy who basically got away with sexual assault because he can win you a football game?[/quote:14q9ovsx]

I think the situation is a bit more grey than it is black and white, and I think we can all understand that. I'm also guessing Lawyers were one of the main reasons Ben hasn't said a word about any of this, or fight it. None of us were there, but I think it is a pretty safe bet that the truth lies somewhere inbetween what ben's camp is saying, and what Ms. DTF is saying. Ben isn't going to get charges with rape in this case, so fighting it will only make things worse no his end. More public isn;t a good thing.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Credibility?

I didn't add any exclamation points so no tantrum. Just saying that the guys who will give Ben a pass and really blame everybody but Ben for the situation ben has put the team in are only doing it because he has won 2 Super bowls and gives us a chance to win more. If Tomzcak or Brister or anyone else would have put the Steelers in such a position the fans...al of them would have said "get rid of the bum".

Now our 4 time Super Bowl winning QB makes comments about Ben, and they are ready to even burn him at the stake. In fact some fans here have the balls to even say "he was the most overrated QB ever".

Ben might be a great QB, but he did some stupid and maybe even illegal stuff, and all Terry did was say how he and most NFL fans feel about the situation, and now these "Ben homers", hate Terry and everything has has ever did for the Steelers.

My point was that my arguement was as idiotic as someone who would throw unquestionable support behind Ben because he has won 2 Super Bowls and might win more.

The exclamation point didn't matter. You were just all over criticizing everyone. You should be careful on grouping people together. I was hard on Ben. I would not have minded if he was traded for his stupidity. The Steelers gave him a chance to make it right and so did I. He still has a way to go in my book to earn everything back. He is one slip away from be showing the door in my book. So to say the Ben supporters are the same who are telling TB to STFU isn't correct. I liked how Terry came out and was critical. Liked everything that Terry did to this point. He is entitiled to his opinion. He is allowed to say his peace. But Terry has expressed his feelings. To continue down this road shows he has a different agenda. If you don't see it...You don't see it.

You said you would criticize everyone on that list who said anything about Ben. The only one who gets a pass is TB. There are by far more moral people on this list than TB that you said you would criticize. You gave us a look inside you head. We see how the process works and we know who we are talking to.

Sugar
09-04-2010, 09:49 AM
[quote=Crash]James Harrison's still here right?

Guess what? He stayed.

Shall I go on?

If Ben didn't do anything wrong, why didn't he fight it tooth and nail? Because there is truth to the accusations, and he has admitted as much. Has culture really fallen this far in that you will blindly support a guy who basically got away with sexual assault because he can win you a football game?[/quote:2ns065cf]

I'll support a person who has been obviously wrongly accused every time no matter who they play football for. As has been mentioned ad infinitum here, the ongoing civil case made it far more difficult for Ben to defend himself here. It's not about my "blindly supporting" anyone. It's about a lack of evidence and the fact that in every instance we have severely tainted (at best) accusers.

All Ben has admitted to was that his conduct was not what it should have been. He's also given shout outs to the OL that almost got him killed several times. I guess you really do need to watch out who you buy shots for...

As far as TB goes, he's entitled to his opinion even if he's just trying to stay in the news.

sd steel
09-04-2010, 10:00 AM
[quote="sd steel":kylngfxs]Credibility?

The exclamation point didn't matter. You were just all over criticizing everyone. You should be careful on grouping people together. I was hard on Ben. I would not have minded if he was traded for his stupidity. The Steelers gave him a chance to make it right and so did I. He still has a way to go in my book to earn everything back. He is one slip away from be showing the door in my book. So to say the Ben supporters are the same who are telling TB to STFU isn't correct. I liked how Terry came out and was critical. Liked everything that Terry did to this point. He is entitiled to his opinion. He is allowed to say his peace. But Terry has expressed his feelings. To continue down this road shows he has a different agenda. If you don't see it...You don't see it.

You said you would criticize everyone on that list who said anything about Ben. The only one who gets a pass is TB. There are by far more moral people on this list than TB that you said you would criticize. You gave us a look inside you head. We see how the process works and we know who we are talking to.[/quote:kylngfxs]

Dude first of all the post was not directed at you, to top it off, being that you weren't understanding what I was getting at regarding who I think can comment on Ben. My point was that being that Terry is a 4 time winning Super Bowl champion for the Steelers, he can comment because he has won more for Pittsburgh. It was said in jest to make a point that people here will even bash him if he is citicizing the QB who has the best chance to win us a Super Bowl. I think anybody can comment on Ben's situation. I would have kicked him off the team. But I am also a hypocrite because I will still root for the Steelers whether Ben is playing or not. Again I don't root for players, I root for Pittsburgh and the colors of black and gold.

Crash
09-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Terry Bradshaw fact of the day:

He was 32, when he met is eventual 3rd wife, who was, (clears throat), 19 years of age.

NJ-STEELER
09-06-2010, 01:43 AM
at a college bar??

LOL

Crash
09-06-2010, 01:50 AM
If Ben didn't do anything wrong, why didn't he fight it tooth and nail? Because there is truth to the accusations, and he has admitted as much.

Liar.

Ben has repeatedly denied committing any crimes.

And spare me how Ben treated Bradshaw OK? If I listed how Bradshaw treated the Steelers over the years in the press you'll cry.

Crash
09-06-2010, 01:53 AM
I would have kicked him off the team.

For an accusation? Wow.

That's a bit harsh.

The Answer
09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
If Ben didn't do anything wrong, why didn't he fight it tooth and nail? Because there is truth to the accusations, and he has admitted as much. Has culture really fallen this far in that you will blindly support a guy who basically got away with sexual assault because he can win you a football game?

:Cheers :Cheers

grotonsteel
09-06-2010, 12:32 PM

Thank God you don't run an NFL Organization.

Forget about having an 8-8 season you will have tough time to find 53 players if you start kicking players out based on accusations.

sd steel
09-06-2010, 12:57 PM

Forget about having an 8-8 season you will have tough time to find 53 players if you start kicking players out based on accusations.

There was truth to the accusation otherwise he would have fought it. "Drink my shots you b!tches"!

Crash
09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
There was truth to the accusation otherwise he would have fought it. "Drink my shots you b!tches"!

That quote was said in a "party way" according to people who were there. Read.

Ben has also denied committing any crimes. Again, read.

sd steel
09-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I get it Crash, you will support Ben no matter what, just like if you were a Ravens fan you would support Ray if he was your favorite player, and a Falcons fan if Vick was your guy, and a Bills fan, OJ. I get it, you will trash the Steelers 4 time winning Super Bowl QB, and the Steelers all time leading receiver to support your all time favorite player, Ben.

That's where you and I differ, I root for the uniform, because players come and go, and they are bound to let you down. It is clear that you have turned from a Pittsburgh Steeler fan to a Ben fan. That's OK, but no need to bash everything that isn't pro Ben.

Crash
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
No you don't get it sd. My problem with you is you don't read on this stuff. You claim Ben has admitted truth to the allegations when in reality he has repeatedly denied that he has committed any crimes.

I'm not trashing Bradshaw, I'm pointing out what a hypocrite he is. You defend Bradshaw while ignoring the Ben-like behavior he has done in the past himself.

Ditto with Ward. Go read up on his past. Go read his bashing quotes towards the very organization that pays him.

When it comes to this organization? Bradshaw and Ward are among the biggest "boat rockers" the Rooney's have ever dealt with.

You deal with whatever fiction you have.

I'll choose to deal in facts.

NJ-STEELER
09-06-2010, 01:41 PM
the reason why he hasn't "fought it tooth and nail" because in the end, he would still be looked down upon by going to a public bathroom to have sex with someone in a bar

grotonsteel
09-06-2010, 01:47 PM

There was no truth in her accusations. When did supporting Big Ben became anti-Steeler??

When did accusations meant you are guilty in this country??? Did i miss something???

sd steel
09-06-2010, 01:54 PM
I think you have me wrong as well. I am not defending Terry, he is a nut, and I don't disagree that Hines rocks the boat, I just don't care all that much. Sort of like you with Ben, if you perform or have performed on the field I can look past most trivial stuff. The only reason why I comment on Ben is because what he has done (or was accused of doing), is not trivial and it has basically hurt the team more than anything else. Innocent or guilty, he has been found to be guilty in the court of the NFL and public opinion, and that has affected this franchise and this upcoming season more than anything in the history of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

So yes we can argue inncence and guilt, and everyone can bash all the people who aren't standing up for Ben, but what it comes down to is Ben, (either by being set up by 2 women, or really being a sexual deviant), has put himself in a position to screw up my favorite team's season, as well as made my favorite team a TMZ joke. I fault him for affecting the joy I get when I watch and follow my favorite team, as well as possibly screwing up the whole season. If there were no drama about Ben, then Terry and Hines wouldn't have Ben to throw under the bus.

And we wouldn't be having this QB controversy.

Crash
09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Hines has been throwing Ben under the bus long before Reno and Georgia came up.

Hines is too worried about protecting "his turf".

sd steel
09-06-2010, 02:05 PM
the reason why he hasn't "fought it tooth and nail" because in the end, he would still be looked down upon by going to a public bathroom to have sex with someone in a bar

So you support the fact that he put himself in this position after already being in a lawsuit for raping another skank? He put the Steelers season and his career on the line just to get a little in a public restroom. Whether he is innocent or guilty, you have to agree that he is dumb as dirt, and at that time could give 2 sh!ts about the Pittsburgh Steelers.

NJ-STEELER
09-06-2010, 02:07 PM
no, i dont support it

but dont think its worth a 4 game suspension either

he made a dumb, horny decesion

sd steel
09-06-2010, 02:08 PM

This isn't about Hines, it is obvious that he has a chip on his shoulder, and that is also probably the personality trait that has made him perform over and above what every expected from a slow, small, mediocre talent. The chip that you hate, is what makes him good.

Crash
09-06-2010, 02:12 PM

This isn't about Hines, it is obvious that he has a chip on his shoulder, and that is also probably the personality trait that has made him perform over and above what every expected from a slow, small, mediocre talent. The chip that you hate, is what makes him good.

Bashing teammates makes him TO.

sd steel
09-06-2010, 02:21 PM

Hines 2 - TO 0

Just sayin.....:)

Captain Lemming
09-06-2010, 02:55 PM

I seem to recall you as being pro TO at one time.
Did'nt you want to sign TO after the Philly disaster?

Crash
09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
[quote=Crash]Hines has been throwing Ben under the bus long before Reno and Georgia came up.

I seem to recall you as being pro TO at one time.
Did'nt you want to sign TO after the Philly disaster?[/quote:2x8nt43b]

I don't mind TO's mouth.

The problem is many other Steelers fans do and at the same time condone Ward's.

If TO implied in the locker room that he had to sell dope to make ends meet? Steelers fans would shred him.

Ward does it, and it's ignored.

plainnasty
09-06-2010, 11:58 PM

You don't have to fight accusations, you fight charges.

plainnasty
09-07-2010, 12:03 AM

-Terry Bradshaw

F**k him.

Mr. Bright, the district attorney, said during his news conference that when the accuser first approached a police officer outside the nightclub immediately after the incident, "The police officer asked 'Did he rape you?' And her response was 'No.' Then he asked, 'Did you have sex?' And she said, 'Well, I'm not sure.' "

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10106/10 ... z0yoQQ9OwG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10106/1050884-66.stm#ixzz0yoQQ9OwG)

sd steel
09-07-2010, 12:47 AM

You don't have to fight accusations, you fight charges.

You do fight accusations if they are false, and if you aren't lying. You sue the person who made the false accusations and get the money you lost on endorsements and for slander. If you don't fight then you look guilty.

I don't know whether he was guilty or not, but if you aren't going to fight it, and you have a pending lawsuit against you for a similar action........I'm not so sure why everyone is having trouble doing the math.

If this similar set of circumstances happened to Tom Brady* or Joe Flacco, I don't think Crash and the crew would be screaming innocent so loud. But maybe I'm wrong, I am sure we can find a thread somewhere on whether they thought Ray Lewis was guilty and what his punishment should have been.

Crash
09-07-2010, 01:27 AM
You do fight accusations if they are false, and if you aren't lying.

He counter sued McNulty.

And, like I said, how can the accusations in Georgia be true when the evidence doesn't support it?

Take your Bradshaw jersey off and deal with the facts.

But maybe I'm wrong, I am sure we can find a thread somewhere on whether they thought Ray Lewis was guilty and what his punishment should have been.

You're words below:

You do fight accusations if they are false, and if you aren't lying.

The Great Ray Lewis didn't fight, he copped a plea.

Then, 4 years later, TGRL chose not to fight again and he paid off the victims families to shut them up and avoid a civil suit.

Sometimes you make it just a tad too easy for me sd.

Bye now.

kennyes
09-07-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm gonna just skip all the way to the end here without reading and just say Terry STFU!!!
:moon