PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco again...

anger 82&95
09-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco is calling his "shot."

In anticipation of the season-opener against the New England Patriots on Sept. 12 at Gillette Stadium, Ochocinco is already planning his touchdown celebration.

"If I am able to score Week 1 in New England, I will be taking the Minutemen rifle and firing as they do when the Pats score," he wrote on Twitter.

For each Patriots game, the team has Minutemen standing behind each end zone, and they react accordingly when the team scores. This has been an annual tradition as part of recognizing the history of the region.

No word on if Patriots coach Bill Belichick is expanding his game plan to include the Minutemen and "rifle security."

But the anticipated sellout crowd might consider ducking if Ochocinco, who weekly discovers new ways to integrate humor into his pregame routine, finds his way into the end zone.

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPN Boston. You can follow him on Twitter.

flippy
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
He's gonna be crying when Carson starts looking TO's way first.

jj28west
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
His WWE character is almost comical but this must make the classy guys like the Jerry Rices of the world look upon in disgust as he views this as a mockery to the sport.

Shawn
09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't know Ocho cracks me up. I find him entertaining.

feltdizz
09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
His WWE character is almost comical but this must make the classy guys like the Jerry Rices of the world look upon in disgust as he views this as a mockery to the sport.

Jerry was classy but the guy wears entirely too much foundation. LOL... I remember Rice being upset when Moss didn't mention him after breaking one of his records.

I think all WR's have attitude and I don't see Ocho's comedy as a bad thing. Plenty of players do much worse on and off the field. The guy raises a lot of money and has figured out a way to make some extra dough being outlandish.

The game needs guys like Ocho... dude is hilarious.

cruzer8
09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
He's an idiot.

NJ-STEELER
09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
hopefully he aims it at his temple

anger 82&95
09-01-2010, 08:14 PM
A quote from Belicheeky: “stop waving that damn thing around… how am I supposed to concentrate on my cheating with musket balls flying around my head.”

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't know Ocho cracks me up. I find him entertaining.

I used to up until the HOF coat.

stlrz d
09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I can't wait until this bozo is out of the league.

Djfan
09-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I can't wait until this bozo is out of the league.

Bingo. Being funny or entertaining, and being stupid are different. He's stupid, IMO.

bostonsteeler
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM

Jerry was classy but the guy wears entirely too much foundation. LOL... I remember Rice being upset when Moss didn't mention him after breaking one of his records.

I think all WR's have attitude and I don't see Ocho's comedy as a bad thing. Plenty of players do much worse on and off the field. The guy raises a lot of money and has figured out a way to make some extra dough being outlandish.

The game needs guys like Ocho... dude is hilarious.
:Agree

The Man of Steel
09-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Stinko's entire act jumped the shark about 5 years ago.

jj28west
09-02-2010, 05:45 AM
What if he was a Steeler? Would we be tired of his act? Five years ago I think I took him too seriously. He said on NFL Network (I believe Woodson was right there) that Rod could not cover him. Now the more I think about it Chad is making money by this routine via the Media, etc.

I am not saying he does not have heart because I have seem him attempt to catch balls that were off target down the middle where he ended up getting laid out.

stlrz d
09-02-2010, 06:55 AM

Ya think?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/ochocincoshark.jpg

:lol:

Shawn
09-02-2010, 08:03 AM

I mean does it ever get old watching Curly, Moe, and Larry smack each other? I mean funny is funny...and Ocho is funny. :lol:

ramblinjim
09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm with Shawn on this one, I mean I get why people don't like the guy but put me in the group of folks that thinks he's pretty funny.

NC Steeler Fan
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Put me in the camp that likes him as well.

Granted, some of the stuff he does is quite silly for a grown man.

But, he doesn't appear to be obscene or demeaning in most of what he does. I think he's a big kid at heart.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2010, 10:30 AM
http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ochocinco-doesnt-do-modest.jpg
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/will2456/architecture/equals.gif
http://www.exotic-footwear.ru/big_jpg/clown_color.jpg

SteelTorch
09-02-2010, 11:17 AM
What if he was a Steeler? Would we be tired of his act? Five years ago I think I took him too seriously. He said on NFL Network (I believe Woodson was right there) that Rod could not cover him. Now the more I think about it Chad is making money by this routine via the Media, etc.

I am not saying he does not have heart because I have seem him attempt to catch balls that were off target down the middle where he ended up getting laid out.

Yes, I think people would be tired of it. Don't forget people were tired of Holmes so much as flexing a muscle after making a good catch. Some people think Chad is funny, but I think he's self-centered and a whore for attention.

ikestops85
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I think he is more of an entertainer and I like a lot of stuff he does. I also like when we knock the snot out of him :Beer