PDA

View Full Version : Bengals cut A. Bryant

anger 82&95
08-29-2010, 07:24 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals released receiver Antonio Bryant, the team announced Sunday.
Bryant was a major disappointment after signing a four-year, $28 million contract this offseason with just under $8 million guaranteed. Bryant and Terrell Owens worked out for the Bengals in March. Cincinnati chose Bryant, who was coming off an injury-marred season. He had surgery to repair cartilage damage in his left knee last year, and caught only 39 passes for Tampa Bay. He struggled in minicamp and training camp and didn't play a game in a Bengals uniform.

The writing was on the wall for Bryant once Cincinnati signed Owens to a one-year deal at the start of camp to replace Bryant in the starting lineup.

Owens quickly developed into the Bengals' top receiver in preseason. Bryant missed all four preseason games because of the knee problem. Bryant said the muscles around the knee weren't strong enough to let him cut at full speed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=5509631 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5509631)

Discipline of Steel
08-30-2010, 07:12 AM
and BO bought his number 81....bwahahahahaha

RuthlessBurgher
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
and BO bought his number 81....bwahahahahaha

Hey! That's OchoUno to you, pal. :P

Lonbull
08-30-2010, 03:08 PM
What a complete disaster for the Bengals - 8 Million Guarenteed !!!!!!

If I were the Chargers I'd have this guy in San Diego yesterday - If Bryant can be healthy after the first month of the season - he's at least a viable #2 WR on most teams.

L.B.

grotonsteel
08-30-2010, 03:28 PM
LMAO@Bungholes ...8 million dollars for Training Camp body..Nice....

How Long Ant. Bryant out because of injury? If he is out for entire season why not put him on IR instead of releasing him or they are trying to save 2 million dollars by cutting him?

I thought he had 10 million guaranteed money.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-31-2010, 09:23 AM
If he is healthy, I would take him at vet min over Battle. Other than that, no.

Jom112
08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Talk is that he's done for his career. Every time he starts practicing/playing, the knee swells up even without contact. He's probably a shell of his former self like Levi Jones our old LT.

I blame the idiot doctors that Mike Brown uses. They have screwed up a lot of medical exams...