PDA

View Full Version : Rats' Stallworth Breaks Foot

Jooser
08-29-2010, 09:39 AM
looks to miss 8 weeks or so...

Ravens lose WR Stallworth for 8 weeks with broken foot
Associated Press
Published: Aug. 28, 2010
BALTIMORE -- Ravens wide receiver Donte' Stallworth broke his foot during Saturday night's preseason game against the New York Giants and probably will be sidelined for two months.

It is unclear when the injury occurred, but it likely happened during one of Stallworth's three punt returns. He saw limited time on offense and didn't catch a pass in the Ravens' 24-10 victory.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Stallworth will have a screw placed in his foot. Harbaugh said he hopes to have Stallworth back on the field around the time the team has its bye week Oct. 31.

Baltimore signed Stallworth as a free agent in February. He was suspended last season after pleading guilty to DUI manslaughter, a second-degree felony, in the death of a dock worker in Florida.

Stallworth was driving when he hit 59-year-old Mario Reyes in March 2009.

His last action before this season was in December 2008 with the Cleveland Browns.

D Rock
08-29-2010, 11:47 AM
wow the Ravens have been crushed by injuries this offseason. Hope everyone ends up ok, but that it maybe takes a couple weeks longer than expected for them to get there.

AkronSteel
08-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Dropping like flies! This team and the Jets are the two most over-hyped teams in the NFL. Offseason champions rarely end up being what every talking head tells us they will be. The Rats are good don't get me wrong. It is definitely going to be a 3 team race to the end, but I don't see this team running away from the division like everyone around the country, i.e. ESPN wants us all to believe. In the end they will be fighting for a wild card because they are going to have trouble stopping the pass and they are going to have trouble throwing the ball downfield because they really don't have a burner who can stretch it so teams are going to be able to squat on routes. Just my opinion. Plus Flacco still struggles throwing over the middle with any accuracy.

:2c

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-29-2010, 04:06 PM
This team and the Jets are the two most over-hyped teams in the NFL.

Don't forget Cincy and Dallas when it comes to the pre season championship.

hawaiiansteel
08-29-2010, 04:53 PM
This team and the Jets are the two most over-hyped teams in the NFL.

Don't forget Cincy and Dallas when it comes to the pre season championship.

Cincy sure paid a lot of $ to a guy who will never play a down for them...

Bengals cut WR Antonio Bryant

By James Walker
ESPN.com

The Cincinnati Bengals released receiver Antonio Bryant, the team announced Sunday.

Bryant was a major disappointment after signing a four-year, $28 million contract this offseason with just under $8 million guaranteed. Bryant and Terrell Owens worked out for the Bengals in March. Cincinnati chose Bryant, who was coming off an injury-marred season. He had surgery to repair cartilage damage in his left knee last year, and caught only 39 passes for Tampa Bay. He struggled in minicamp and training camp and didn't play a game in a Bengals uniform.

The writing was on the wall for Bryant once Cincinnati signed Owens to a one-year deal at the start of camp to replace Bryant in the starting lineup.

Owens quickly developed into the Bengals' top receiver in preseason. Bryant missed all four preseason games because of the knee problem. Bryant said the muscles around the knee weren't strong enough to let him cut at full speed.

Also on Sunday, the Bengals put safety Gibril Wilson on injured reserve with damaged ligaments in his left knee and waived rookie long snapper Mike Windt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=5509631 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5509631)

AkronSteel
08-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Bengals are headed for 7-9 or 8-8 in my opinion. I just don't see there being much difference in their offense this year. Plus their schedule is brutal!! Their D is solid, if not good, but their offense leaves much to be desired!!! Did no one from Cincy see T.O.'s performance last year in Buffalo??

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I predict a "W" for us in week 4 against them (barring any injuries to US!) - that's IF our OL can give Lefty time to pick their secondary apart. That may be a game where Dixon isn't the better option, since it's downfield where our opportunities will likely be.

Shouldn't hurt that Fellaco has one less target to look for - more of a chance for Harrison/Wood/Timmons to eat his lunch.

Wooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!