PDA

View Full Version : This will be Pouncy's

Stewie
08-28-2010, 03:54 PM
first game with a nose tackle over him, and an above average one at that. Should be intresting viewing. He can't be worse than Mahan, and he better be better than Hartwig.

focosteeler
08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
based on what casey had to say about him i think he will do alright

Snatch98
08-28-2010, 04:13 PM
I think this week will officially be his coming out party. Getting first team reps has to be a confidence boost and I'm sure guys here have broken down the tape. He's ridiculously fluid in his movement and strong. Obviously has the smarts. I truthfully feel Pittsburgh hit it out of the park with Pouncey. It would be pretty cool to get his brother at guard next year.

Captain Lemming
08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I think this week will officially be his coming out party. Getting first team reps has to be a confidence boost and I'm sure guys here have broken down the tape. He's ridiculously fluid in his movement and strong. Obviously has the smarts. I truthfully feel Pittsburgh hit it out of the park with Pouncey. It would be pretty cool to get his brother at guard next year.

(Best case scenario)
Not likely with twin Maurice going to the probowl as a rookie, and our 32nd spot in the draft. :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-29-2010, 10:07 AM
first game with a nose tackle over him, and an above average one at that. Should be intresting viewing. He can't be worse than Mahan, and he better be better than Hartwig.

Might be his first game across from a nose tackle, but he spends every day in practice with one of the best across from him.

steelnavy
08-29-2010, 05:28 PM

Didn't Maurkice leave a year early so that his brother could showcase himself at the center position? If thats the case, would he be drafted as a guard or center?

fordfixer
08-29-2010, 05:31 PM

Didn't Maurkice leave a year early so that his brother could showcase himself at the center position? If thats the case, would he be drafted as a guard or center?

Position flexibility Brother :tt1

birtikidis
08-29-2010, 05:48 PM

Actually his brother will be playing RT this year for the gators (more than likely).

Shawn
08-29-2010, 07:08 PM

Actually his brother will be playing RT this year for the gators (more than likely).

And next year for the Steelers! :)

buckeyehoppy
08-29-2010, 08:11 PM

Possibly so. At this juncture, however, the Steelers need an OT and the draft is already looking solid at that position and it's likely that a good enough player will be there late in the 1st where we'll be drafting.

Take a look for yourselves at what I'm talking about. If Maurkice is strong as a rookie, Mike will be in higher demand if he has a great senior year. I wouldn't expect him to be there when we draft:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011OT.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011OG.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011C.php