PDA

View Full Version : For whom does the bell toll on Tuesday???

Stewie
08-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I say that the Turk will visit: Pittman (DB), Renkart (LB), Williams (LB), Jolly (OT), and McLendon (DT).

costanza2k1
08-28-2010, 02:56 PM
If Pouncey plays a great game on Sunday and they don't have a need or fit for Hartwig, then why not show the man some respect and waive him so he can possibly land with another team...

fezziwig
08-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I see Vincent gone along with Paxton . Logan eventually.

focosteeler
08-28-2010, 04:07 PM
If Pouncey plays a great game on Sunday and they don't have a need or fit for Hartwig, then why not show the man some respect and waive him so he can possibly land with another team...

try and trade him first...i know he isnt great but he has to have some value....draft pick

Stewie
08-28-2010, 05:35 PM
All for the trade idea. Speaking of trades, I wonder if teams put clauses in trade contracts to restrict another team from getting a player. I would, for example, hate to see say Dixon on a division rival.

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2010, 10:33 AM
All for the trade idea. Speaking of trades, I wonder if teams put clauses in trade contracts to restrict another team from getting a player. I would, for example, hate to see say Dixon on a division rival.

The Packers put the trade restriction for Favre when they traded him to the Jets. The Jets would have owed the Packers something like 2 first round picks if they turned around and traded him to the Vikings. A lot of good that did, though, since he was free to sign in Minnesota himself when the Jets released him after one season there.

steelerkeylargo
08-29-2010, 10:45 AM
On of these 3 will be gone....Urbik, Scott, Hills. I am betting Urbik!

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2010, 10:56 AM
On of these 3 will be gone....Urbik, Scott, Hills. I am betting Urbik!

I agree that one of those 3 will be gone, but I doubt it will be at the first cutdown, since I think we only have to drop 5 guys total after the Broncos game. If they do cut an OL after this game, I think it will be Jolly. As for final cuts, I think they might hold onto Urbik, even though he hasn't shown all that much in 2 camps, simply because of the example set by Hills, who didn't show much in 3 camps until blossoming somewhat this year. The coaches saw something in Hills that we didn't, which deemed him worthy of being kept around longer than us armchair GM's would have. They may feel the same about Urbik (or I may be totally wrong and they consider him to be another Bruce Davis 3rd round swing-and-a-miss). I'd guess that, of those three, Scott goes. Keep Legursky (C/G), Foster (G/T), Hills (T/G), and Urbik (G/C) as our backups to Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Essex, and Adams. See if they can trade Hartwig, cut Adrian Jones, and stash Dorian Brooks on the practice squad.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't think you see Hills, Scott, or Urbik go yet. But I do think Hills & Scott make the team and Urbik won't make the 53. I was hoping for better. Perhaps the PS. But with Adams play and the fact that Hills is playing like the best 2nd teamer...I think he sticks around.

ramblinjim
08-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe they cut Hartwig so he'll have a little more time to catch on elsewhere?

pfelix73
08-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't think they will cut Hartwig who can play multiple positions and has the veteran experience, UNLESS his salary comes into it. Which it might- what is he making now? Salary cap, etc. He didn't look too enthused to play with the 2nd teamers thats for sure.

:tt1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Are these cuts announced at a certain time across the NFL tomorrow? Do we know when the Steelers will announce?

fezziwig
08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
I wonder if Essex's play will move Pouncey to guard and they keep Hartwig at center ? Essex wasn't that bad but, I'm just tossing that scenario out here.