PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things To Look For Sunday vs Denver

1st and Goal--
08-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Some interesting and some surprising items mentioned here. Flip-Flop the 1st year WR's Hmm!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/08/10 ... on-game-3/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/08/10-things-to-look-for-sunday-versus-denver-in-preseason-game-3/)

I noticed that there are articles from the PG, Trib, some other area papers being posted. The content is also being posted. I don't know how to do that so if someone knows how to post the content of this link it would help in case they want to comment on any of these items, or add some of their own.

Oviedo
08-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I want to see Antonio Brown on returns. I think the kid is a keeper. He looked to be a step away from huge returns last week against the Giants

I also want to see more of the three rookie LBs: Worilds, Gibson and Sylvester.

The Big #1 that has me curious is Dwyer. It will be interesting for me to see if they give him lots of carries and thereby get him on film for other teams to see and evaluate to determine if they grab him off waivers or will they limit his carries and hope to stash him. If he gets lots of carries and performs well then I think they are looking for a reason to keep him and he still may have a shot of making the roster.

1st and Goal--
08-28-2010, 01:47 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/about/

SanAntonioSteelerFan---As you said there was no mention of an author. But, at the bottom of the page it did say this info was posted by ADMIN. As far as the observations in the content some of them were taken from Coach Tomlin's press conference Friday. I happened to watch the TV this morning and one of the local channels re-runs yesterdays newscasts. Tomlin spoke favorably about Adams. Personally, I almost never watch any coach press conferences. I prefer to read or hear about them later.

All I know about that site is it is one of 2 of those fan blog sites I like to check out. It always has some timely stuff. Last week someone edited the Giants game and made a video highlighting all the so called "pony back" formation plays. I do not watch coach press conferences but I noticed that there is a video there on yesterdays MT talk about Sunday's game. I suspect most of those observations were taken from that press conference.

Okay the page I tried to quote was a small page mentionings some of the people on the blog. This did not help however in identifying ADMIN. However at the bottom of the page there were a number of older articles listed and one of them was by Dave[the site owner] and another by ADMIN. Incidentally, last week all that detailed info and analysis on the OL was taken I think from this site. It had an author listed.

I don't know if the quote is going to work SASF but it might not be a bad idea, if you get some time, check that site out. It seems to be a real good one of those fan based Steeler sites.

BTW---I certainly agree with all your comments in the green.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Both Allen and Mundy have had great camps and the extra time will do them both good with the first team defense.

This is the first I've read about Mundy having a good camp. AAMOF this might be one of the first things I've read about him at all.

Stewie
08-28-2010, 01:51 PM
I am going to watch (1) the OL and (2) the D against the Broncos offensive left. They are starting a b/u LT and a new LG. I expect Harrison to kill early and often and then get really mean.

1st and Goal--
08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Both Allen and Mundy have had great camps and the extra time will do them both good with the first team defense.

This is the first I've read about Mundy having a good camp. AAMOF this might be one of the first things I've read about him at all.

I just posted on another site that Mundy is not on my final 53. I suggested that since Clark was out let Timmons play on of these safety sports. At least in redzone siutations. With his speed and coverage skills he could be huge in that role. I also said I expected to get the customary "put down the pipe" or "ha, ha's" too.

I really like that site but certainly don't agree with everything said there. He is very negative on Urbik but yet last week in a very detailed analysis of the O-line play, Urbik came out with the top rating. I am waiting for an explanation of this. I do realize they have a number of contributors there. Obviously, there is some disagreement among the bloggers there.

BTW: I tried to post a link to the about page there to get some idea who posts that stuff there. But, it failed badly. Heck, the darn site link didn't even work. This was a reply to SanAntonioSteelerFan's interest in how some of those observations were derived. Oh, well! Back to the workshop. I have to find out how to copy the page content and not just the site address.

Djfan
08-28-2010, 08:02 PM
The 11th thing would be DJfan and family tailgating in Lot C, then sitting in the endzone seats making lots of noise!