PDA

View Full Version : When D*ck LeBeau retires ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
... which will be, who knows? I suppose it could come as early as 1 year from now ...

But whenever it is, who is his heir apparent? There is an assistant head , and he is also the D line coach,John Mitchell. Maybe him?

Or would we get someone from outside the organization?

Has anyone heard any speculation?

plainnasty
08-27-2010, 10:25 PM
... which will be, who knows? I suppose it could come as early as 1 year from now ...

But whenever it is, who is his heir apparent? There is an assistant head , and he is also the D line coach,John Mitchell. Maybe him?

Linebackers coach Keith Butler

Ozey74
08-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Linebackers coach Keith Butler

Bulter turned down an offer this past offseason to be the Dolphins DC to stay with the Steelers. His time will come with the Steelers.

:tt2

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder what will happen then. Will we stay 3-4? How will the veterans (Troy, Wood, Timmons, among others) react ... will they toe the line, or think they're bigger than when Lebeau was here?

Tough shoes to fill, are LeBeau's.

Crash
08-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Can we please remove the word filter on the word "dick", especially when that's Mr. LeBeau's first name? That thread title looks silly.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Can we please remove the word filter on the word "bad word", especially when that's Mr. LeBeau's first name? That thread title looks silly.

I've edited it for you!

I was going to put "Duck" , or "Dock", or Ricardo, but I thought that might be the best option, D*ck.

MeetJoeGreene
08-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Can we please remove the word filter on the word "bad word", especially when that's Mr. LeBeau's first name? That thread title looks silly.

I've edited it for you!

I was going to put "Duck" , or "Dock", or Ricardo, but I thought that might be the best option, D*ck.

you could use an exclamation D!ck.

Oviedo
08-28-2010, 08:34 AM
I think it is a sure thing that Butler will take over for LeBeau. I would suspect a promise was made when he turned down the Miami Defensive Coord job. I'm betting this is LeBeau's last season and Butler takes over.

As far as scheme I think they will stay with the 3-4. IMO drafting Worilds and Gibson for OLB depth pretty much confirmed that.

rpmpit
08-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Penis LeBeau but not Dick LeBeau?? :lol:

BradshawsHairdresser
08-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Penis LeBeau but not bad word LeBeau?? :lol:

Wanger LeBeau?

Lonbull
08-29-2010, 05:45 AM

I think the Steelers wanted Mike Tomlin to learn as much as he could from Coach LeBeau - so that whomever they use as Def. Coordinator will have Tomlin to guide them.

I sure LeBeau will also stay on as a consultant - should they need him.

Basically Tomlin will be in charge of the Defense and pass it forward to any new coordinators as they come up through the system.

Also will someone tell Rod Woodson it's time to report to the sidelines as a secondary coach...so he can start his career as a coach.....it's time!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/SkicUKTy94I/AAAAAAAAYDY/jk6fLmstVTc/s400/woodson0628d_500.jpg

Sugar
08-29-2010, 09:04 AM

I think the Steelers wanted Mike Tomlin to learn as much as he could from Coach LeBeau - so that whomever they use as Def. Coordinator will have Tomlin to guide them.

I sure LeBeau will also stay on as a consultant - should they need him.

Basically Tomlin will be in charge of the Defense and pass it forward to any new coordinators as they come up through the system.

Also will someone tell Rod Woodson it's time to report to the sidelines as a secondary coach...so he can start his career as a coach.....it's time!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/SkicUKTy94I/AAAAAAAAYDY/jk6fLmstVTc/s400/woodson0628d_500.jpg

The problem is that the secondary he's coaching (consulting) is that of the Bengals!
:bungalssuck

Why could we not just call Mr. LeBeau his given name of Richard?

Slapstick
08-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Butler had a coaching relationship with Tomlin prior to Tomlin becoming HC of the Steelers...I would imagine that relationship along with Butler's experience with the Steelers...as well as Tomlin's love of continuity...will give him the inside track...