PDA

View Full Version : I hope I heard this wrong... Mendy out

Jigawatts
08-27-2010, 04:10 PM
6-8 weeks of regular season with broken forearm.

Flasteel
08-27-2010, 04:13 PM
What??? Where did you hear this Jiga? Some dude at the barbershop...the radio...a voice in your head? Please God...nooooo!

Jigawatts
08-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Just turned on Mark Madden and caught the tail end of the report. He said it's not official,
but word comes from a trusted source that Mendy broke his forearm at practice today.

Flasteel
08-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I just checked PFT and did a Google search...nothing out there yet.

Jigawatts
08-27-2010, 04:18 PM
I just checked PFT and did a Google search...nothing out there yet.

I can't find anything yet. I'm hoping it's a rumor.

Damn. Damn Damn.

http://pneumaticaddict.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/doc_brown-full-1.jpg?w=460&h=453

Flasteel
08-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Even if he did break it, the normal time to be out would be 4-6 weeks period...from today. I'm sure they wouldn't know if it was compound, or had any other mitigating problems. If it is true, he would miss only the first 2 or 3 games. Let's hope there is some miscommunication going on here.

Jigawatts
08-27-2010, 04:33 PM
As of now it's just looking like a rumor. But what if it's not? Would Redman be the
#1 back if Mendy is actually out?

aggiebones
08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Its not April Fool's so if its not true and Jigga just threw this out there without some REAL evidence, hang 'em high! At least a suspension for tampering with my stress.

Jigawatts
08-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Its not April Fool's so if its not true and Jigga just threw this out there without some REAL evidence, hang 'em high! At least a suspension for tampering with my stress.

:lol:
Don't shoot the messenger. Direct all your anger towards Mark Madden for initially
reporting it. :wink:

Here's something that should lower your stress level. Madden reported that Tim Benz
contacted someone in the Steelers public relations office and they basically said that word
of Mendenhall breaking his arm is news to them. He appeared fine in practice and fine after
practice.

But still no confirmation. :?

aggiebones
08-27-2010, 04:49 PM
I've been as big a supporter of Redman as anyone here...but this would be alot to ask to say the least. And that's putting it mildly.

I'm the last person to want to bring in an expired RB, but Parker knows the playbook. Bring him back and he, Redman and Moore can piece it together for ahile.

birtikidis
08-27-2010, 04:53 PM

:lol:
Don't shoot the messenger. Direct all your anger towards Mark Madden for initially
reporting it. :wink:

Here's something that should lower your stress level. Madden reported that Tim Benz
contacted someone in the Steelers public relations office and they basically said that word
of Mendenhall breaking his arm is news to them. He appeared fine in practice and fine after
practice.

But still no confirmation. :?
damn you and damn mark madden! i felt like i'd just been kicked in the nuts.
it's ok though, i forgive you.

aggiebones
08-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Well, a quick search on the net showed several others heard it. So unless they are all reading here, something much have happened.

Jigawatts
08-27-2010, 05:01 PM
WTAE-TV
http://www.facebook.com/wtae4

"JUST A RUMOR: Steelers spokesperson, Dave Lockett, just confirmed he spoke to Rashard Mendenhall and he is fine. No broken arm despite reports from at least one radio station in town. - John Meyer"

yay. :Boobs

aggiebones
08-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Just read this and Madden makes a comment on the side discussion:

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story ... arm/28941/ (http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/rashard-mendenhall-broken-arm/28941/)

Madden himself says that he may have been given misinformation.

Maybe the Steelers were ferreting out a mole in the organization. Its possible.

Jooser
08-27-2010, 05:10 PM
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/Renraw/LoL/loldoh.jpg

DOH! Dangit Jiga! Well, at least it's just a rumor, so you're off the hook friend.

Shawn
08-27-2010, 05:52 PM
The report I got from a source says...

They are undergoing tests on his arm. That's all anyone knows right now.

I would assume he was getting an xray and maybe mri. If it was broken I'm thinking we would have heard by now.

calmkiller
08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
The first thing I see wrong with this thread is you heard Mark May say it. Anything Mark May says I automatically believe is untrue.

Shawn
08-27-2010, 06:16 PM
News from my source.

Mendy is fine.

Nice!

Discipline of Steel
08-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Talk about a blow to a reporters credibility. Sheesh

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin mentioned Mendy's broken arm on Sirius NFL Radio on my ride home from work a little bit over an hour ago. They did say that it was a rumor, though. Came on here to confirm. I'm breathing a bit easier now than I was then, but I'll still be somewhat skeptical until I see something in writing from a reputable source confirming it one way or the other.

SteelAbility
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
The first thing I see wrong with this thread is you heard Mark May say it. Anything Mark May says I automatically believe is untrue.

Then that actually makes him quite reliable then. :lol:

steelblood
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Can this thread qualify as worst news of the day and best news of the day?

Snatch98
08-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Jesus my heart sank. It's one thing to be without Big Ben. It's something else to be without Ben and our stud RB. Mendenhall is going to do big things this year and we're going to need him those first 4 games. Thank god it's false.

BigRob
08-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Complete Bull Jive

http://kdka.com/steelers/Rashard.Menden ... 83337.html (http://kdka.com/steelers/Rashard.Mendenhall.arm.2.1883337.html)

Captain Lemming
08-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Talk about a blow to a reporters credibility. Sheesh

Bwaaaahaaaa.
Madden?
Someone has to be "credible" in the first place for that to happen.

ANPSTEEL
08-27-2010, 11:30 PM
A friend told me of this injury tonight.
I almost had an anurism

Fingers and toes crossed.

fordfixer
08-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin mentioned Mendy's broken arm on Sirius NFL Radio on my ride home from work a little bit over an hour ago. They did say that it was a rumor, though. Came on here to confirm. I'm breathing a bit easier now than I was then, but I'll still be somewhat skeptical until I see something in writing from a reputable source confirming it one way or the other.

Mendy is fine. Hope that helps
FF

Shawn
08-28-2010, 12:57 AM

FF

He said reputable. :mrgreen:

fordfixer
08-28-2010, 01:50 AM

FF

He said reputable. :mrgreen:

Ouch

Jigawatts
08-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Isn't it a little odd that he got an MRI? There must have been some kind of problem with
his arm.

Oviedo
08-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Madden is an idiot. Does anyone think he really has any credible contacts in the Steelers organization. Someone like Wexell or Bouchette would be all over this is there was any truth.

Madden is an small time radio talking who tries to play sports "shock jock" to get attention. 99% of anything he says is BS.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Isn't it a little odd that he got an MRI? There must have been some kind of problem with
his arm.

:Agree I guess this isn't over till we hear what the results of the tests are (and maybe why he got the tests).

sd steel
08-28-2010, 09:38 AM
his arm.

:Agree I guess this isn't over till we hear what the results of the tests are (and maybe why he got the tests).

The only place I read "he might have had an MRI" was here, Shawn posted it. That's how rumers get started. :nono

Shawn
08-28-2010, 01:53 PM
his arm.

The only place I read "he might have had an MRI" was here, Shawn posted it. That's how rumers get started. :nono

Please don't blame me for this rumor. I certainly didn't start it. Once I heard the mumblings, I asked my source. He stated Mendy did indeed bang his arm up but was being looked at. He shortly thereafter told me he was ok.

steelblood
08-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't remember where, but I saw a news outlet or two report that he had some tests done.

Shawn
08-29-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't remember where, but I saw a news outlet or two report that he had some tests done.

Yes, he had some tests done. I was speculating about the tests but had no confirmation which tests were done.

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2010, 12:11 PM

Yes, he had some tests done. I was speculating about the tests but had no confirmation which tests were done.

Yeah, if they were worried about a broken arm, they'd only need x-rays, not an MRI.

If they were worried about, say, ligament damage in his elbow, then they'd need an MRI.

Shawn
08-29-2010, 12:26 PM

Yeah, if they were worried about a broken arm, they'd only need x-rays, not an MRI.

If they were worried about, say, ligament damage in his elbow, then they'd need an MRI.

Agreed. With that said, if he had pain and a negative x-ray often times at the pro level of the game they will get the MRI to see if there is soft tissue damage. For us regular folks docs will wait 4-6 weeks after an injury before they order a MRI to see if there is resolution of symptoms.

sd steel
08-29-2010, 01:03 PM
his arm.

Please don't blame me for this rumor. I certainly didn't start it. Once I heard the mumblings, I asked my source. He stated Mendy did indeed bang his arm up but was being looked at. He shortly thereafter told me he was ok.

I wasn't saying you started the rumor, I was saying that you speculated and some one else misread what you wrote and stated it as a fact, and that's how rumors start.

Shawn
08-29-2010, 01:21 PM
[quote=Jigawatts]Isn't it a little odd that he got an MRI? There must have been some kind of problem with
his arm.

I wasn't saying you started the rumor, I was saying that you speculated and some one else misread what you wrote and stated it as a fact, and that's how rumors start.[/quote:1bxo9ivo]

Gotcha. I appreciate the clarification. :)

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Since he played tonight, I guess that means he's okay now.

stlrz d
08-29-2010, 09:03 PM

It was a rumor from the start.

fordfixer
08-29-2010, 11:44 PM
You just wouldn't take my word for it :Hater :moon :lol: :lol: