PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for Denver?

1st and Goal--
08-25-2010, 08:26 AM
I just spent a couple hours reading the Denver Post. Quite a few articles on the upcoming game Monday. They have been hit hard with injuries, l6 players were out for the Detroit game. But, many of them practiced Tuesday and some others will be back today. I got the general impression that their optimism for the upcoming season remained high despite the fact they have not been able to run the ball yet. But you can draw your own conclusions.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15884533

Oh, I noticed one of the returning players was Lendale White. I did not know he was at Denver. I remember him being with the Titans. Wasn't he one of the players the Terrible Towel got after?

QUESTION for anyone. During the regular season what day is it that the Steelers put in the so called game plan? Is it Wednesday or Thursday? Also, I was real surprised last week when I copied and pasted a link and it worked.

1st and Goal--
08-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Oops! I mean Sunday night. And I had already read the thread confirming the game was going to be nationally televised. Good, this will give a lot of the fans out of the area a real good chance to preview the team.

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Saturday night . . . third times a charm. :)

RuthlessBurgher
08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Saturday night . . . third times a charm. :)

No, it's Sunday night (8:00 p.m. on FOX). 1&G was right (well, at least he was right the second time around anyway). :wink:

JPbucco
08-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Lendale was traded from Tennessee to Seattle during the draft...He was cut a couple weeks later by his former USC coach for being lazy.

He is suspended for the first 4 weeks of the season for substance abuse.

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2010, 11:24 AM
OH crap

1st and Goal--
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Lendale was traded from Tennessee to Seattle during the draft...He was cut a couple weeks later by his former USC coach for being lazy.

He is suspended for the first 4 weeks of the season for substance abuse.

Wow! This guy is really on a roll.

Did anyone notice an article on the link page "Broncos young offensive lineman awaiting big test against Steelers defense". They are doing what many fans would like to see the Steelers do ----- get their young players work. They are not doing this only because of injuries, but are planning to start several young players in the regular season. They think they played very well against the Lions. If you recall Suh and some others were tossing some Steeler OL around a bit recently. [No not Pouncey]