PDA

View Full Version : Too quiet on Worilds talk?

PSU_dropout43
08-23-2010, 11:53 PM
well, what's the verdict on this kid?

Is Worilds a keeper or not?

grotonsteel
08-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Looked like he got schooled by a 2nd string TE against Giants.

Again its his first preseason game,coming from a ham injury and his rookie year so i am not expecting much from him this year.But i expect him to be atleast a stud ST player this year.

blacknblue80s
08-24-2010, 12:15 AM
After some really thourough searching with the DVR I actually caught him showing some dynamic pass rush ability. He even pressed the pocket a couple of times.

He also didn't look too bad dropping into coverage, but looked like a fish out of water in run defense.

rpmpit
08-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Worilds had a lot of local support at the game - Jersey boy done good!

Considering his first game and first game off an injury, I was pleased with what I saw.

Only thing that troubles me is his number. Not that I'm overly superstitious, but I hope he has better luck with it than Kendrell did.

Oviedo
08-24-2010, 08:02 AM
If Worilds can contribute on special teams this season he will be doing exactly what he needs to do. Like every other DE to OLB conversion project in LeBeau's defense he is a two year work in progress as far as playing OLB. Everyone needs to recognize that Woodley was the exception rather than the rule with how fast he was able to get into the line up.

Both Gibson and Worilds are playing behind Pro Bowl OLBs. No need to rush them into the line up. Learn and get better is what they need to be able to do.

phillyesq
08-24-2010, 09:51 AM
If Worilds can contribute on special teams this season he will be doing exactly what he needs to do. Like every other DE to OLB conversion project in LeBeau's defense he is a two year work in progress as far as playing OLB. Everyone needs to recognize that Woodley was the exception rather than the rule with how fast he was able to get into the line up.

Both Gibson and Worilds are playing behind Pro Bowl OLBs. No need to rush them into the line up. Learn and get better is what they need to be able to do.

:Agree

What I'm most interested in seeing with Worilds is whether he can get on the field to compete on special teams this year. When Bruce Davis was unable to beat out Patrick Bailey and company for a spot on special teams, it was a clear indicator that he was a bust. Same with Alonzo Jackson, another guy who couldn't make it on special teams.

I look for both Worilds and Gibson to add some size and speed to the coverage teams, and hopefully by the end of the year develop to the point where they contribute a bit in passing situations or to give Harrison/Woodley a breather.