PDA

View Full Version : Harrison has Ben's back

Crash
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Wexell...

Harrison is a very different type of leader. Oh, he’s racing to the ball with the rest of them, but he’s far more aloof in terms of personality. If you don’t follow him, he doesn’t care. If you follow him, he doesn’t care. He told me he’s selfish, and if everyone thought like that it’d be better for the team. But I busted him not being selfish the other day. I busted him having the back of Ben Roethlisberger.

A few days ago, erstwhile ESPN radio reporter Chris Mack pulled Harrison aside for a live interview immediately after practice. Harrison was in an obliging mood, but Mack came out of the break by mentioning his colleagues back in the studio, Scott Paulsen and Mike Logan. Well, Harrison immediately put four fingers to the side of his neck and swung them back and forth to say, “Cut, cut, cut.” The reporter realized Harrison was backing out of the interview, and then Harrison was gone.

If you’re a step ahead, you guessed right that Harrison heard the name “Mike Logan” and left. Logan, of course, criticized Roethlisberger a few months ago for being a bad teammate.

It says something about Roethlisberger that Harrison would back him up like that, but it says even more about Harrison. I doubt he cared or even knew much about Roethlisberger the teammate when both were a lot younger. Whether Logan was right or wrong is not the point. The here and now of it is that no one’s going to hurt this team and expect any help from Harrison. He’s a team guy, just a different kind of team guy. One who plays for blood.

Crash
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
James was one BN and I were not sure about. Even he has Ben's back. Like Wex said, that speaks volumes.

Once again, the Voice of Treason points to #86.

Djfan
08-23-2010, 07:59 PM
James was one BN and I were not sure about. Even he has Ben's back. Like Wex said, that speaks volumes.

WTH?

calmkiller
08-23-2010, 08:05 PM

WTH?

Hes refering to when hines "threw ben under the bus" in an interview saying ben needed to appoligize to the team or something. It wasn't really an issue....unless you follow all the talking heads.

Flasteel
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM

The voice of treason? Dude, your obsessive hatred for Hines Ward makes you come off like you wear some kind of tin-foil hat. I don't even know what your first sentence means, but I'm sure it's some kind of code that is intended to communicate Hines is divorced, Hines is a traitor, or Hines is the devil.

You could have just left it at Harrison had Ben's back. I thought that was a great description of Harrison and I'm glad you posted it.

BURGH86STEEL
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM

The voice of treason? Dude, your obsessive hatred for Hines Ward makes you come off like you wear some kind of tin-foil hat. I don't even know what your first sentence means, but I'm sure it's some kind of code that is intended to communicate Hines is divorced, Hines is a traitor, or Hines is the devil.

You could have just left it at Harrison had Ben's back. I thought that was a great description of Harrison and I'm glad you posted it.

I am starting to sense a little bit to much man love for Ben from Crash. It's really starting to make me wonder. MSM jr? :lol: :lol:

Djfan
08-23-2010, 08:31 PM

You said it better than I did. I just shook my head.

grotonsteel
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Its great to hear that Harrison has Big Ben's back.In other word Steelers D has Big Ben's back along with the O-line.

BTW what happened to Mike Logan??? Is he still on ESPN radio. I though he might have suspended himself. What about his partner who called out Steelers fans for supporting Ben?? Now he does not have problem to work with Mike Logan??

Crash
08-23-2010, 09:07 PM
It is our opinion that #86 is the team "mole" who creates the "Ben is a bad teammate" stories you here. By simple process of elimination of the starting 22 Harrison was one of the few who we didn't have a read on his opinion of Ben/this matter because he doesn't really say anything.

Sugar
08-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Didn't Harrison sack Ben like three times once when Kent State played Miami of Ohio?

Crash
08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Its great to hear that Harrison has Big Ben's back.In other word Steelers D has Big Ben's back along with the O-line.

BTW what happened to Mike Logan??? Is he still on ESPN radio. I though he might have suspended himself. What about his partner who called out Steelers fans for supporting Ben?? Now he does not have problem to work with Mike Logan??

Chris Mack is his partner, and he was suspended at 1250 for violating company policy. He says once. Smizik says twice.

Now we have Logan with his troubles, accused of roughing up his ex and pulling a gun on her?

And these jerks bash Ben who was never charged?

F**k them.

JAR
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I've said it a few times and I hate it, because i love him as a football player, but Hines is a jerk, a MAJOR jerk compared to Ben.

stlrz d
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Atta boy Jimmy Hate!

BURGH86STEEL
08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
It is our opinion that #86 is the team "mole" who creates the "Ben is a bad teammate" stories you here. By simple process of elimination of the starting 22 Harrison was one of the few who we didn't have a read on his opinion of Ben/this matter because he doesn't really say anything.

There was a time that Ben admitted to not being a good teammate. Several players were unhappy with Ben's work ethic after the 2005 season. The mole could had been any number of players or coaches. It appears that Ben ruffled more then a few feathers with his attitude in the past. Hopefully, he's changed his ways.

grotonsteel
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I've said it a few times and I hate it, because i love him as a football player, but Hines is a jerk, a MAJOR jerk compared to Ben.

I think Hines is one of a kind WR but as a team mate Hines Ward is nowhere near Big Ben.

I think Hines Ward after retiring will be doing tell all interview about Steelers locker room.

Chadman
08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense if the 'voice of treason' was, instead, say Whiz? Or Grimm? 2 guys that might just have a grudge with the Steelers?

Isn't it more widely accepted that Ben & Whiz didn't get on & still don't?

It seems a far shorter bow to stretch than saying Hines.

Of course...it's not as sensational as saying Hines...

Captain Lemming
08-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense if the 'voice of treason' was, instead, say Whiz? Or Grimm? 2 guys that might just have a grudge with the Steelers?

Isn't it more widely accepted that Ben & Whiz didn't get on & still don't?

It seems a far shorter bow to stretch than saying Hines.

Of course...it's not as sensational as saying Hines...

You know the answer to that is:

"Why not Hines?"

Crash
08-23-2010, 10:25 PM

There was a time that Ben admitted to not being a good teammate. Several players were unhappy with Ben's work ethic after the 2005 season. The mole could had been any number of players or coaches. It appears that Ben ruffled more then a few feathers with his attitude in the past. Hopefully, he's changed his ways.

But years ago Ben did admit that.

But guys like Mike Logan in the media STILL say it's going on NOW.

I think Hines is the source of the sheet that is still be stirred today, if not back then.

Hines is also supposedly the one who was campaigning for Harrison to be team MVP in 2007.

Crash
08-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Ben and Whiz apparently buried the hatchet the day of media day for XLIII. They also have played golf together since then. So no, I don't believe Whiz is the answer.

Don't forget, Hines is on record, saying Ben's suspension was "justified".

I don't believe any other player has stated that.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Hines to be dealt for a fifth-round pick.

You heard it here first. :lol: :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
08-23-2010, 11:56 PM

:lol:

feltdizz
08-24-2010, 12:09 AM

But years ago Ben did admit that.

But guys like Mike Logan in the media STILL say it's going on NOW.

I think Hines is the source of the sheet that is still be stirred today, if not back then.

Hines is also supposedly the one who was campaigning for Harrison to be team MVP in 2007.

Ben admitted to being a bad teammate on E60 on Nov. 10 2009.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4641995

Captain Lemming
08-24-2010, 12:30 AM

Crash, you take this stuff WAY too seriously dude. You and "Big Nasty" are sleuthing the "mole" who is "planting" stories like you guys are Sherlock Holmes and Watson. :)

Do you guys have a board, where you pin newspaper quotes from Steelers, to either prove guilt or confirm the innocence of suspect Steeler players?

I really think you guys are giving Hines way too much credit. With his occasional foot in mouth moments, I really doubt he is that clever to be the mastermind behind destoying Bens reputation. :lol:

NJ-STEELER
08-24-2010, 12:36 AM
I didn't realize not texting teammates every few days in the offseason consistuted some as a 'bad teammate'

Crash
08-24-2010, 12:50 AM

Crash, you take this stuff WAY too seriously dude. You and "Big Nasty" are sleuthing the "mole" who is "planting" stories like you guys are Sherlock Holmes and Watson. :)

Do you guys have a board, where you pin newspaper quotes from Steelers, to either prove guilt or confirm the innocence of suspect Steeler players?

I really think you guys are giving Hines way too much credit. With his occasional foot in mouth moments, I really doubt he is that clever to be the mastermind behind destoying Bens reputation. :lol:

Sure he is. Because he's the one who keeps saying it.

BURGH86STEEL
08-24-2010, 05:47 AM

There would be nothing to report if these things did not happen. Ben continued to do dumb things that put the team in difficult situations. Ben ruined his own reputation. He is in the process of repairing his reputation. I believe that Ben will meet that challenge. I think he will become a better person, teammate, and player. It's time to move forward. There was/is not a witch hunt by anyone to destroy Ben's rep.

papillon
08-24-2010, 07:17 AM

There would be nothing to report if these things did not happen. Ben continued to do dumb things that put the team in difficult situations. Ben ruined his own reputation. He is in the process of repairing his reputation. I believe that Ben will meet that challenge. I think he will become a better person, teammate, and player. It's time to move forward. There was/is not a witch hunt by anyone to destroy Ben's rep.

:Bow :Bow

Pappy

Oviedo
08-24-2010, 08:15 AM

:Agree :Agree :Agree

Sometimes someone needs to be taken down to the lowest point before they can climb to the greatest heights. I believe Ben comes out of this better as a person and a player. I think he comes back with a vengence wanting to "shove it" up the backside of everyone who joined the media lynch mob and ripped him. Ben did screw himself but there was a whole lot of piling on that occurred.

stlrz d
08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Even if that lowest point is due to lies?

I disagree with that.

Steelers>NFL
08-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Of course Harrison has Ben's back.
Ben probably had Harrison's back when Harrison was part of domestic
violence a few years ago. Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours...

ikestops85
08-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Sorry guys but even though Harrison might have Ben's back he not someone I care to cheer for. When you start knocking a women around you are a scumbag in my book. This isn't just an accusation but something he admitted to. This was also the incident that knocked the Rooney's off the pedestal that I had put them on.

Ben is a far better person in my book than Jimmy Hate will ever be ... unless he did assault one of those girls but that hasn't been proven yet to me.

cruzer8
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Sorry guys but even though Harrison might have Ben's back he not someone I care to cheer for. When you start knocking a women around you are a scumbag in my book. This isn't just an accusation but something he admitted to. This was also the incident that knocked the Rooney's off the pedestal that I had put them on.

Ben is a far better person in my book than Jimmy Hate will ever be ... unless he did assault one of those girls but that hasn't been proven yet to me.

I don't consider someone who snaps and does something once to be a scumbag. People snap. We're human.

My mother was the victim of domestic violence for many years. It stopped when I got old enough to knock the old man on his a$$. He was a repeat offender. He is a scumbag.

ramblinjim
08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not going to downplay either incident but people make mistakes, sometimes awful ones. And just as the mistakes count, how they are atoned for count as well. To the best of my knowledge James Harrison does not have a history of domestic violence before or since, hopefully that was just a monster mistake on his part never to be repeated.

Of course it's also easier being far removed from the situation, if I was that woman's brother, father, friend, I'd want the dude strung up.

Sugar
08-24-2010, 02:57 PM

IDK- maybe she had it coming? I'm not saying that lightly either. I am very tight with my mom, wife, seven sisters and daughter that I love with a passion.

I'm just saying that gender doesn't save a person in any number of circumstances. If he came home drunk and beat her up, that is scumbag territory. If she attacked him first, then I would say that you are only treated like a lady if you act like one.

feltdizz
08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
had it coming? :wft

the only time a man lays a hand on a woman is if she is trying to kill him or she is about pass out after taking sleeping pills.

Real men do not hit women.

ikestops85
08-24-2010, 03:29 PM

I don't consider someone who snaps and does something once to be a scumbag. People snap. We're human.

My mother was the victim of domestic violence for many years. It stopped when I got old enough to knock the old man on his a$$. He was a repeat offender. He is a scumbag.

sorry Cruzer but I have to disagree. Maybe if Harrison felt his life was threatened would this be justified. Other than that I don't feel you are ever forgiven for attacking a women or a child. Remember, this was Silverback. He is one scary dude as it is. His girlfriend could have been beating him with a baseball bat and it wouldn't faze the guy. No pass in my book for this type of behavior.

grotonsteel
08-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe Harrison needs to follow this couple from Jersey Shore..... :wink: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbBB9ip ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbBB9ipndA&feature=related)

I simply can't embed this youtube video...dang.... :HeadBanger

Ok let me give it a try after reading "How To"

[youtube:292hocsc]jvbBB9ipndA[/youtube:292hocsc]

NC Steeler Fan
08-24-2010, 04:26 PM

I agree.

While I love a lot of things about the guy as a Steeler, I think he just simply wears his heart (and thoughts) on his sleeve too much. I don't believe anything he says has malicious intent. I think it's some kind of obligation he feels towards airing the dramatic side of his personality and that's it. Crying over the Bus's last possible opportunity to win a SB can be taking it too far for some people as much as publicly chastising Ben for his OBVIOUSLY boneheaded decisions can be taking it too far for others.

It doesn't make him a cancerous malcontent. Just a big 'ol sappy football player.

Just my two cents...

Sugar
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
had it coming? :wft

the only time a man lays a hand on a woman is if she is trying to kill him or she is about pass out after taking sleeping pills.

Real men do not hit women.

I disagree. Gentlemen do not hit ladies.

If a female comes at a male initiating harm to him (punch, kick, claw,etc) I see no problem with him knocking her flat. Like I said, if girl wants to be treated like a lady she should act like one.

Remember also that I differentiate that from guys that like to get drunk and beat up on women and kids. People (male or female) who beat up on those weaker than them to make themselves feel better have real problems.

NJ-STEELER
08-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Maybe Harrison needs to follow this couple from Jersey Shore..... :wink: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbBB9ip ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbBB9ipndA&feature=related)

I simply can't embed this youtube video...dang.... :HeadBanger

Ok let me give it a try after reading "How To"

[youtube:39n37koe]jvbBB9ipndA[/youtube:39n37koe]

thought they were closer to philly

NJ-STEELER
08-24-2010, 05:06 PM
question about the harrison "assault"

was it ever written somewhere what actually happened? did he slap her? did he shove her aside to grab the kid? did he give her a right cross?

i've never seen the details on what happened there

cruzer8
08-24-2010, 05:14 PM

sorry Cruzer but I have to disagree. Maybe if Harrison felt his life was threatened would this be justified. Other than that I don't feel you are ever forgiven for attacking a women or a child. Remember, this was Silverback. He is one scary dude as it is. His girlfriend could have been beating him with a baseball bat and it wouldn't faze the guy. No pass in my book for this type of behavior.

Sounds like some exaggeration there. I lived it. I've seen people snap one time and I've seen repeat offenders. Someone who snaps once, seeks help to make sure they never do it again and who never does it again is human in my book. Someone who is a repeat offender is a scumbag.

It's pretty easy for people outside of a situation to say they would have done this or wouldn't have done that. Very easy actually.

cruzer8
08-24-2010, 05:17 PM
question about the harrison "assault"

was it ever written somewhere what actually happened? did he slap her? did he shove her aside to grab the kid? did he give her a right cross?

i've never seen the details on what happened there

Yes, we have never seen a report. The only detail we know is she was locked in a bedroom and he broke the door to get in the room. He could have pushed her aside or somehow moved her (without harming her) to get at the child. Domestic violence. No differentiation between a slap to the face or pushing past someone.

We don't know what he did, but we do know that it's never been reported that he did anything before this incident or since.

NJ-STEELER
08-24-2010, 05:21 PM
thats hard to believe.

even the police report wouldn't describe what happened in more detail?

feltdizz
08-24-2010, 05:33 PM
I repeat. Real men don't hit women. Saying a guy can not a girl flat because she is approaching him in a hostile manner is a joke. Sugar you think its ok to knock a girl out who isn't acting like a lady? That's some chump sh!t IMO.

Unless she has a weapon a real man can handle a woman approaching him in a threatening manner.

Where the real men at?

ikestops85
08-25-2010, 11:13 AM
thats hard to believe.

Here is a part of what was reported

The couple had been arguing before just before 1 p.m. when Tibbott locked herself in a bedroom, the police said.

While Tibbott was trying to call 911, Harrison broke down the door, took her cell phone and broke it in half, according to police. Tibbott said Harrison then hit her across the face with an open hand and knocked off her glasses.

Police said Tibbott had "red marks" on her left cheek. She had called them after the alleged assault, saying she was afraid of Harrison.

ESPN Full Story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3284544)

Sorry Cruzer but he broke the door down, broke her cell phone and then smacked her across the face --- scumbag. All abusers seem to be sorry after the fact. They all say they will never do it again. Very few tell the truth.

cruzer8
08-25-2010, 11:43 AM
thats hard to believe.

The couple had been arguing before just before 1 p.m. when Tibbott locked herself in a bedroom, the police said.

While Tibbott was trying to call 911, Harrison broke down the door, took her cell phone and broke it in half, according to police. Tibbott said Harrison then hit her across the face with an open hand and knocked off her glasses.

Police said Tibbott had "red marks" on her left cheek. She had called them after the alleged assault, saying she was afraid of Harrison.

Sorry Cruzer but he broke the door down, broke her cell phone and then smacked her across the face --- scumbag. All abusers seem to be sorry after the fact. They all say they will never do it again. Very few tell the truth.

So even the ones who DO tell the truth are scumbags?

I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you make a one time mistake and people, regardless of any of the circumstances, are unwilling to forgive you and accept you at your word.

Sugar
08-25-2010, 12:32 PM
I repeat. Real men don't hit women. Saying a guy can not a girl flat because she is approaching him in a hostile manner is a joke. Sugar you think its ok to knock a girl out who isn't acting like a lady? That's some chump sh!t IMO.

Unless she has a weapon a real man can handle a woman approaching him in a threatening manner.

Where the real men at?

Thank you for your definition of a real man. Whatever. :Blah :Blah :Blah :roll:

Dee Dub
08-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I do not hate Hines Ward...in fact he is one of my favorite players..but it is a fact that several times he has thrown Ben under the bus. Ben's second year in the league Hines go public with the media and states Ben doesnt trust his receivers enough and that he has to allow them the chance to make plays. In 2008 Hines put Ben under the bus saying, "I dont hear Tom Brady or Peyton Manning asking for that", in a response to hearing of Ben's request that the Steelers need a tall receiver. Then this last year he goes on NBC and throws him under the bus. Then again this off season he does it again.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/01/25/hine ... nts-a-tal/ (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/01/25/hines-ward-doesnt-understand-why-ben-roethlisberger-wants-a-tal/)

"To me, I have enough problems to worry about than what Ben wants -- I can't give him the contract,'' Ward said, referring to Roethlisberger's wish to have a contract extension as soon as possible. "He wants a tall receiver? Why did we draft Santonio? ...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09334/1017350-66.stm

""This game is almost like a playoff game. It's almost a must-win. I could see some players or teammates questioning, like 'It's just a concussion. I've played with a concussion before,'" Ward told Costas in an interview taped Saturday at the team's suburban-Baltimore hotel as a prelude to the Steelers-Ravens game last night at M&T Bank Stadium and on NBC.

"It's almost like a 50-50 toss-up in the locker room: Should he play? Shouldn't he play? It's really hard to say. I've been out there dinged up; the following week, got right back out there.

ikestops85
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
thats hard to believe.

So even the ones who DO tell the truth are scumbags?

I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you make a one time mistake and people, regardless of any of the circumstances, are unwilling to forgive you and accept you at your word.

I have made plenty of mistakes. Just in my book hitting a women or a child, except for a life threatening situation, is UNFORGIVEABLE! If I ever did it I would not be able to forgive myself and I would be a scumbag.

So if you notice I am not saying "regardless of the circumstances". Now I've listed my circumstances that I think it is justified. What circumstances would you list that would justify you chasing after and hitting a women or a child?

cruzer8
08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm saying you don't know until you've been there.

It would be kind of ironic if one day the weight of the world and all of your issues caused you to snap just one time and people weren't willing to forgive you.

feltdizz
08-25-2010, 03:06 PM

It would be kind of ironic if one day the weight of the world and all of your issues caused you to snap just one time and people weren't willing to forgive you.

I will never be there... real men NEVER go there.

The weight of the world isn't an excuse for hitting a woman. Life is long and who is to say the weight won't be there again later in life?

Once you strike a woman people willwonder if you will do it again or have done it before.

cruzer8
08-25-2010, 04:42 PM

The weight of the world isn't an excuse for hitting a woman. Life is long and who is to say the weight won't be there again later in life?

Once you strike a woman people willwonder if you will do it again or have done it before.

Good luck with that. The cynic in me almost hopes you do go there someday just so you have to eat those words. Of course you would never admit it here because you're perfect. You would never lose control and do something out of character. Not you. You're better, smarter, greater and more of a real man than any of us could ever hope to be.

:roll:

feltdizz
08-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Good luck with that. The cynic in me almost hopes you do go there someday just so you have to eat those words. Of course you would never admit it here because you're perfect. You would never lose control and do something out of character. Not you. You're better, smarter, greater and more of a real man than any of us could ever hope to be.

:roll:

:wft

You must be part of the 70%

Sorry little boy, I'm part of the 30%. My spouse and I vowed to never repeat what we grew up watching.

I feel sorry for you.

Crash
08-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Hines Ward is a little punk as$ b*tch. Where was he in the 2008-2009 AFC title game against the Ravens after he got hurt?

Oh that's right, he spent the rest of the game on the sidelines in a parka.

And what's sad? Is none of the media who's as$ he kisses brought that up to him when he bashed Ben last season for sitting out a regular season game after a concussion.

feltdizz
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Hines Ward is a little punk as$ b*tch. Where was he in the 2008-2009 AFC title game against the Ravens after he got hurt?

Oh that's right, he spent the rest of the game on the sidelines in a parka.

And what's sad? Is none of the media who's as$ he kisses brought that up to him when he bashed Ben last season for sitting out a regular season game after a concussion.

plenty of players get hurt in games and don't return. Ward called Ben out because he watched him practice all week and then heard he wasn't playing on Saturday.

I'm not saying I agree with him but the circumstances are completely different. I can understand the frustration since Dixon got no reps with the first team and Batch was out but it wasn't cool on Hines part.

Your hate for Hines is hilarious though.