PDA

View Full Version : T. Carter and C. Davis Signed by 'Skins

phillyesq
08-23-2010, 03:47 PM
'Skins sign a 10-year veteran, cut an 11-year veteran
Posted by Mike Florio on August 23, 2010 2:47 PM ET
The Redskins have made a couple of moves involving grizzled veterans, signing one and cutting one.

In is safety Tyrone Carter; out is linebacker Chris Draft.

Draft signed with the Redskins in May. Carter has played with the Steelers since 2004, winning two Super Bowl titles. He started 12 games in 2009, the most ever started in any year during his entire career.

The Redskins also made official the arrival of fullback Carey Davis, a veteran who joined the league in 2004.

I would have thought for sure that 2009 would have been Carter's last in the league.

News on Davis makes me wonder - why didn't the Steelers bring him back to compete with Summers?

Jigawatts
08-23-2010, 03:49 PM
I completely forgot that Carey Davis existed.

ramblinjim
08-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Interesting moves by the 'Skins. They got absolutely pounded by the Ravens this last weekend so maybe they need some different looks.

Heck, the 'Skins have been so bad over the years maybe they want someone in the locker room that has actually won something??

MeetJoeGreene
08-23-2010, 05:21 PM
They signed Carter to make Willie Parker look fast.

frankthetank1
08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
They signed Carter to make Willie Parker look fast.

:lol: :lol: that made me laugh so hard i have beer coming out of my nose!!

i was just thinking the other night will allen is a huge upgrade over carter. thank god we have a little depth at SS now. it is going to take a while to get use to someone else wearing 26 other than deshea townsend. although it did take a while for me to get use to see deshea wearing the number after woodson

Djfan
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Carey Davis was my wife's favorite player. She loved his smile. The highlight of our trip to training camp two years ago was meeting him and him smiling at her.

hawaiiansteel
08-23-2010, 11:08 PM
hey, you can never have enough Steeler castoffs... :tt2

aggiebones
08-24-2010, 04:09 PM
They lost their FB, name escapes me, but giant dude.

Landry also had a tweek in the game, so Carter may be filling in for a few weeks.
The Skins are a SLOW team, so these two will look normal there.

SteelAbility
08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Skins picked up Carter? Too bad we don't play them in the regular season! :lol: