PDA

View Full Version : We're all idiots, so why are you here?

stlrz d
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
duplicate

stlrz d
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
So I was looking for some information online and did a google search (I was looking for the Wexell article on giving Adams a chance). That search resulted in a search result that led me to another Steelers forum that shall remain nameless. At any rate, I knew there was a certain douchebag from out west who posted on that forum so I thought it would be fun reading to find a thread on Tomlin's contract extension so I could see the meltdown from said douchebag. Sure enough, I found it. Must say it was some hilarious reading. Typical racism mixed in with high praise for Noll and Cowher with nothing but excuses for all of Tomlin's success.

But what really surprised me is something else I came across. Did yinz all know that we have someone amongst us who is so intellectually superior that we are the butt of his jokes? He's soooooooo incredibly smart yet he chooses to grace us with his presence. We should all feel really special about that. I know I do and so the rest of you can feel as special as I do I will now allow you to see who we should all bow down to and who we should all shower with merit, high praise and compliments at every turn! We're all here "for the comedy of it" so let's not disappoint him, mmmkay?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/anp.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/anp2.jpg

Iron Shiek
08-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Afterall, Tomlin is an overpaid janitor and we are all the toilets he cleans.

birtikidis
08-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Our planet steeler klan meetings are always so lame. barely anyone shows up.

Chadman
08-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Chadman thought he'd prove his stupidity by responding to the duplicate thread instead of the one with responses already logged...

birtikidis
08-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Chadman thought he'd prove his stupidity by responding to the duplicate thread instead of the one with responses already logged...
Why sneaky little anti genius you.

SteelCrazy
08-19-2010, 11:04 PM
You all are a bunch of haters!

:stirpot

SteelCrazy
08-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Bunch of haters!

:stirpot

sd steel
08-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Huh??

Was there something there that was supposed to insult me? I thought you said he was west coast, but his location is Annapolis. Is this some kind of on going feud you developed with another poster StlrzD? I could never see that happening. :shock: :lol:

ANPSTEEL
08-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Wow-

Really??

The body of that post is exactly the same as the posts I created here. The descriptive noun I used- is not original. I've used it here.

There are several other posters that participate in both of these sites. I'm sure they have noticed those threads.

Those posts have been up for quite some time.

I guess they felt that they were neither implicated in the message, or recognized that this is an internet message board- and didn't give a sh*t.

Obviously, you fall into neither category.

stlrz d
08-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Huh??

Was there something there that was supposed to insult me? I thought you said he was west coast, but his location is Annapolis. Is this some kind of on going feud you developed with another poster StlrzD? I could never see that happening. :shock: :lol:

I didn't way west coast, I said west. LVG is the douchebag. When my search took me to that link I decided to look and see if there was a thread about Tomlin's extension, which there was. I read through it so I could see his meltdown and then eventually came across this.

Never had any "feud" with anp, but this type of thing is bush league. It's one thing to link to a forum for another football team, but to pretend to be cool with people here and then to go to another STEELERS forum and make the comments he made is crap and I felt like pointing that out.

I don't know if it was supposed to insult you or not, but everything's not all about you.

stlrz d
08-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Wow-

Really??

The body of that post is exactly the same as the posts I created here. The descriptive noun I used- is not original. I've used it here.

There are several other posters that participate in both of these sites. I'm sure they have noticed those threads.

I guess they felt that they were neither implicated in the message, or recognized that this is an internet message board- and didn't give a sh*t.

No dude, what you did is lame.

"I posted this on PS but I figured I'd post it here as well since it's more likely to get some actual consideration"?

"And for the comedy of it, here's a link to the thread"?

That's a douchetastic move there. Very douchetastic.

ANPSTEEL
08-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Never had any "feud" with anp, but this type of thing is bush league. It's one thing to link to a forum for another football team, but to pretend to be cool with people here and then to go to another STEELERS forum and make the comments he made is crap and I felt like pointing that out.

come on man- get over it.

I've been called idiot, moron, ********, azzH*le, .... you name it, on this board- and certainly in "real life". ...I was about to say- I don't give a sh*t, but I guess I did, or at least cared enough to post that.

Either way- It isn't worth wasting a single moment of your day over.

:Cheers

sd steel
08-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't real clear on your initial post.

So you were stalking LVG on another board, because although you hate him, you want to see what he posts. You ran across a thread that ANP said something negative about PS so being the little biotch you are, and to protect the reputation of PS you wanted to out ANP.

Truly douchetastic, as always!!!

Get a life man. :lol:

grotonsteel
08-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Wow-

Really??

Come on ANPSTEEL you need to make it right over here....

Now start a new thread on PS with this

" I just put this on tavern message board but i did post it over here as well since it will get some actual recognition..."

:twisted: :stirpot

I think ANPSTEEL might have called out PS on that particular thread might be because most of us agree with Tomlin getting extension and considered it as a non-issue.....again thats just my opinion.

ANPSTEEL
08-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow-

Really??

Come on ANPSTEEL you need to make it right over here....

Now start a new thread on PS with this

" I just put this on tavern message board but i did post it over here as well since it will get some actual recognition..."

:twisted: :stirpot

I think ANPSTEEL might have called out PS on that particular thread might be because most of us agree with Tomlin getting extension and considered it as a non-issue.....again thats just my opinion.

:lol: :lol:

I'll do it just for you groton.

If I can make even a single person's day that much better- it warms my heart.

... kill me now.

:lol: :lol:

phillyesq
08-20-2010, 10:06 AM
While I enjoy this board, and read and post here the majority of the time, there is certainly a group think on certain issues. Mike Tomlin is one of those issues - it seems that any criticism of him is frowned upon here, and almost invariably, any criticism leads to somebody bringing up the janitor comment made by some buffoon a few years ago.

cruzer8
08-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Calling your Steelers brothers and sisters idiots, in essence, on another forum while providing a link to that forum for "comedic" purposes is indeed a very classless move.

You just became the guy who slaps people on the back and laughs with them when facing them, but when they turn their back that slap turns into a knife.

ANPSTEEL
08-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Calling your Steelers brothers and sisters idiots, in essence, on another forum while providing a link to that forum for "comedic" purposes is indeed a very classless move.

You just became the guy who slaps people on the back and laughs with them when facing them, but when they turn their back that slap turns into a knife.

cruzer-

a few quick points.

A. its a message board. don't put so much importance into it.

B. several, if not many, of the people on that board were on the trib board prior to it being shut down. Both at the Trib board, and at the subsequent boards- there has always been a distinct philosophical difference of opinion on certain matters.

- My post - was in no way meant to lump "everyone" in the same basket- but was intended to speak to that division that exists between these two groups of thought, which has lead to two different message boards.

C. I post on several steeler boards. All under the same user name. Each of these boards has quite a few common members. The concept of me somehow "back stabbing" on another board is not only a little silly- but pretty far from accurate. As I indicated, that board has multiple common members to this board- including one of the moderators.

D. lastly- the topic under discussion at the time - seemingly created all sorts of "personal" backlash towards me. All because I pointed out, what I believe to be strong evidence supporting my position. My "accusation" on the other post was not unique in response- as I used it at least once during the initial thread- pointedly directed at the individuals involved.

I knew when I made that post- that the people on that board, would immediately know who I was talking about / referring to- I also knew that the common members would be aware of said post. Some of those common members were involved in the original post that started this "issue" on this site.

The link was simply for "easy of business."

Hope that clears things up-

cruzer8
08-20-2010, 12:05 PM

cruzer-

a couple quick points.

B. several, if not many, of the people on that board were on the trib board prior to it being shut down. Both at the Trib board, and at the subsequent boards- there has always been a distinct philosophical difference of opinion on certain matters.

- My post - was in no way meant to lump "everyone" in the same basket- but was intended to speak to that division that exists between these two groups of thought, which has lead to two different message boards.

C. lastly- the topic under discussion at the time - seemingly created all sorts of "personal" backlash towards me. All because I pointed out, what I believe to be strong evidence supporting my position.

I knew when I made that post- that the people on that board, would immediately know who I was talking about / referring to.

It doesn't clear anything up. It's a classless move.

Saying, "Here is a link to the discussion" is one thing, saying, "For the comedy of it" or whatever the hell you said is entirely different. The jab about it getting "actual consideration" is feeble as well.

You basically said to those other posters, "These guys over here don't agree with me. Look at how stupid they are and laugh".

You insulted us. Period.

Jigawatts
08-20-2010, 12:49 PM
While I enjoy this board, and read and post here the majority of the time, there is certainly a group think on certain issues. Mike Tomlin is one of those issues - it seems that any criticism of him is frowned upon here, and almost invariably, any criticism leads to somebody bringing up the janitor comment made by some buffoon a few years ago.

Criticism is fine. I've criticized Tomlin for his "unleash hell in December" comment plenty of
times. As well as some questionable calls in the Jacksonville playoff game.

It's the relentless crybaby whining that annoys the hell out of people. :Binky :Binky :Binky

(not directed at phillyesq)
Stop whining!!!
http://geekwhisperin.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/asckigacop038dn.jpg

ANPSTEEL
08-20-2010, 01:07 PM

cruzer-

a couple quick points.

C. lastly- the topic under discussion at the time - seemingly created all sorts of "personal" backlash towards me. All because I pointed out, what I believe to be strong evidence supporting my position.

I knew when I made that post- that the people on that board, would immediately know who I was talking about / referring to.

It doesn't clear anything up. It's a classless move.

Saying, "Here is a link to the discussion" is one thing, saying, "For the comedy of it" or whatever the hell you said is entirely different. The jab about it getting "actual consideration" is feeble as well.

You basically said to those other posters, "These guys over here don't agree with me. Look at how stupid they are and laugh".

You insulted us. Period.

I edited my initial response to be more thorough.

Point is still valid- its a message board.

Shawn
08-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Really? Come on...It's a message board. If ANP thinks we are all idiots then so be it. I personally could care less. Why would it bother you?

RuthlessBurgher
08-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm a big-time idiot. I've done my best to prove that over 11,000 times now. At least someone finally caught on. Glad to be able to provide some comedy for all of the douchetastic bastages from all over the interwebz. :P

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=192750035061&id=1a90effab761fc93a254f2b17bef7fda&index=ch1

Iron Shiek
08-20-2010, 04:31 PM

I beg to differ phillyesq. I've seen plenty of Tomlin related negativity that was well deserved in the past. His decision making was certainly an issue a couple years ago, and people made it known.

Its when race comes into play where I think people get way out of line. That is not an issue in my mind.

NKySteeler
08-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Wow!... I just found this thread while surfing the various boards... Quite entertaining...

And disturbing at the same time...

Many folks post on different boards. Heck I have 4 other Steelers boards, a Bengal board, a Baltimore board, and a Cleveland board in addition to this one (and mine) bookmarked, and I post on all of them... It's all about the "love" of the game and competition... It's all supposed to be fun... I personally promote and encourage posting everywhere you can, if it provides enjoyment.

Some folks here (but not a large amount by any stretch of the imagination) seem to get their panties in a bunch and take things way too seriously. They don't like to hear any opinions that differ from theirs, which is sad... Life is too short for that mindset in my opinion.

stlrzd, I have no problems calling you out as one of those. You've become pretty closed-minded since the days of us bantering back and forth... You whine about LVG, but then you go read stuff on my site... It actually is pretty funny... But it's just that attitude that incites such comments from other members on multiple boards. I know you don't agree with me, and that's cool... Differing opinions is what makes the world (and message boards) go 'round... Which is why we're all here.

I've talked to alot of you folks, and others... I encourage posting alot... If you want to be somewhat closed-minded, so be it... At the end of the day, we all still root for the same team, and that is what matters. Not us, but the team... It's also sad that there are several folks on here that won't talk or banter with me at all because I left this place as my primary posting location... I'd drop a link, but "management" has required an "advertising fee" if I do so... Even though it was highly encouraged to do the same thing when this place was starting up... There's not a single individual I wouldn't welcome elsewhere (one or two of you that posted in this thread are probably thinking "really?".... Yea, really).

To chastise ANP is absolutely rediculous... He's just doing what comes naturally, and if making one or two unflattering remarks burns a few folks, then you need to ask yourselves why they were made. Where there's smoke, there is fire... But seeking-out commentary about a subject, any subject, any WHERE is not a "bad" thing.

I love posting here, and elsewhere... That's why I have my own place... If this post incites you and makes you mad, or gets me banned, so be it... But a "bigger" picture is probably in order for some... Afterall, again, this is supposed to be fun and entertainment... So it's nothing to take too seriously.

(groton... carefull mentioning the "T" word... Threads get deleted for that...)

.... Maybe I need to link this thread as well.... LoL! ... (actually, it really isn't a big enough of an issue to do so, as the preseason is well underway).

NKySteeler
08-20-2010, 07:30 PM

.... There's quite a few at this board as well....

NKySteeler
08-20-2010, 07:57 PM
... And another "BTW"... I'm the biggest idiot ever... I never take myself (or any sporting event) seriously... Life is too short for that... We all need to "just have fun", and take the drama out of stuff.

Jigawatts
08-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Heck I have 4 other Steelers boards, a Bengal board, a Baltimore board, and a Cleveland board in addition to this one

What Cleveland board do you post at NKy? I'm a frequent lurker at thebrownsboard
since they are the other "local" team in these parts. I don't post at all, but I like to
read their delusional opinions about the Steelers.

NKySteeler
08-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Heck I have 4 other Steelers boards, a Bengal board, a Baltimore board, and a Cleveland board in addition to this one

What Cleveland board do you post at NKy? I'm a frequent lurker at thebrownsboard
since they are the other "local" team in these parts. I don't post at all, but I like to
read their delusional opinions about the Steelers.

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/

... I don't post much till the week before the games against the Steelers for obvious reasons...

NKySteeler
08-20-2010, 09:47 PM
.... Darn.... That post might get deleted due to "management's stance" on advertising...

:lol:

.... Oh, I just crack myself up sometimes...... :lol:

steelz09
08-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Nky,

That's not your decision on whether a post is deleted or not is it?

If you have a problem with the way the moderators run this forum then please PM me. If you have comments on the forum and want to provide recommendations on improvement then that is why the 'Comments' forum is provided.

Regards,

John

NKySteeler
08-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Nky,

If you have a problem with the way the moderators run this forum then please PM me. If you have comments on the forum and want to provide recommendations on improvement then that is why the 'Comments' forum is provided.

Regards,

John

No John... I never said it was my decision, did I?... I'm sorry if I implicated anything else. I was just basing my comments on past experience.

... I just play within the system that is provided... You see, I am a fan, not just an entrapraneur such as yourself.

You know that I love your board very much, and have close ties with many folks here..... Don't worry, they are not going anywhere...

But when folks get their panties in a bunch (such as stlrzd), and it's because of me, I felt complied to comment on it.... Nothing more, and nothing less... I just don't want to be the "bad" man.

..... You got a great board here, and I enjoy it alot, as you well know.... But I gotta ask, why aren't we having this exchange via PM instead of out in public view if you have an issue with me?

NKySteeler
08-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Have a good night and a good weekend.... I'm done.... Just too much drama for me.

steelz09
08-21-2010, 10:12 AM
my post was in regards to this:

That post might get deleted due to "management's stance" on advertising...

Like I said.... if you have a comment and/or improvement request regarding the board, that's why we have the 'comments' forum

stlrz d
08-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Pretty clear the point was lost on a good number of people in this thread. The point isn't someone posting here and on another forum. I don't give a fsck about that. I do it to. The issue is coming here, pretending to be cool with people and then running to another message board to point out what "idiots" the people are here because they don't agree with your take on something. That's a bitch move and if one of your associates did that to you in real life you'd certainly take issue with it.

So in real big letters so there is no mistaking this: I don't care that someone is posting on another message board because I do it too. The difference is if there is someone here I don't agree with I don't go to another forum, post my opinion and link back to this forum so people can see what "idiots" the folks here are, capice?

LMAO at the closed minded comment. Everyone here has opinions that they hold strongly. Does that make everyone here closed minded? By your definition NKy, I guess it does. So you'd also have to lump yourself in there as well. Welcome to the club. :) I have to say I am disappointed in your take on this because my post was in no way an indictment of you or your forum. It was directed at one person and one person only. Because what that person did was a bitch move. Period. And to be perfectly honest with you I have not even checked out your forum since you sent me the info on it. I didn't even remember what it was called. I was quite clear and perfectly truthful in how I ended up there. Here is a link to my google search. Be sure to click on it an look at the top result. http://www.google.com/#num=100&hl=en&sa ... 3efaaddc02 (http://www.google.com/#num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=jim+wexell+give+adams+a+chance&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=51ffcd3efaaddc02) Once I got there I decided to take a look to see if there was a thread on the Tomlin extension, and sure enough there was...and I knew LVGs take would be filled with racism and overly biased "opinions". I thought it would be good for a laugh and he did not disappoint in that regard. And it was in that thread where I saw what anp posted. Had he not done that I never even would have mentioned having been to your forum because there was no reason for me to do so.

And double LMAO at sdsteel's stalking comment. Seriously double LMAO! Ask the mods how many times LVG, after being banned from this forum, kept creating new accounts only to be found out and deleted, lather rinse repeat. I believe costanza spent a good hour or so one night because LVG spent that long continually creating new accounts...one right after the other. Can you say "psycho"? And when he slips one past the goalie I am always the first person he comes after. Always. There's your stalker my always drunk while posting friend. I checked something out once when I ended up there unexpectedly due to a google search. He comes here constantly and as recently as just a few weeks ago created yet ANOTHER account (boomerang) and again came after me, and then even started a thread taking a shot at everyone here. We all knew it was him and then he was stupid enough to post without using his IP blocker and costanza caught him. He was again deleted...but make no mistake...he'll be back. His return to this forum is like that craving you get for the bottle...it's constant and there's no ignoring it. So there's your stalker, chief.

Shawn
08-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Nky,

Regards,

John

No John... I never said it was my decision, did I?... I'm sorry if I implicated anything else. I was just basing my comments on past experience.

... I just play within the system that is provided... You see, I am a fan, not just an entrapraneur such as yourself.

You know that I love your board very much, and have close ties with many folks here..... Don't worry, they are not going anywhere...

But when folks get their panties in a bunch (such as stlrzd), and it's because of me, I felt complied to comment on it.... Nothing more, and nothing less... I just don't want to be the "bad" man.

..... You got a great board here, and I enjoy it alot, as you well know.... But I gotta ask, why aren't we having this exchange via PM instead of out in public view if you have an issue with me?

We both know D has problems with alot of people. I wouldn't take it personally...that is just what he does. I don't think anyone here besides Dennis thinks you are the "bad man" here.

stlrz d
08-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Nky,

Regards,

John

We both know D has problems with alot of people. I wouldn't take it personally...that is just what he does. I don't think anyone here besides Dennis thinks you are the "bad man" here.

I guess you missed my previous post. I have no issues with NKy and have never had an issue with him or his forum. Don't dislike him, have never stalked him or dug into his private affairs or anything crazy like that. Not everyone here can say that, can they?

Read the big effing letters Shawn and then maybe, just maybe, you'll have an effing clue as to what this is all about.

I mean you're a doctor, right? So that means you must have some brains, right? Try to read and comprehend. :lol:

Shawn
08-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Dennis this will be my last post to you. I hope you take it to heart because it doesn't come from a mean spirited place. I have no need to one up you. First, I know NKY personally and have considered him a dear friend and still highly respect him as an individual. I know his heart and I believe he is a kind man. When I was going through life changing events 3 years ago he was the only person to support me. I had alienated my wife so bad that she wasn't even willing to do that. I won't forget his support. We had our differences and they were mainly my issues. I have apologized, asked for forgiveness and we have exchanged emails. I hope he doesn't still harbor hard feelings and I don't believe that he does. So, that should be a nonissue for you since it had nothing to do with you.

Which brings up another point. How does any of this effect you personally? Why bring this to the boards? I think few care what ANP believes about membership here. That's not a slam on ANP, it's just most have the whole message board thing in perspective. I realize you have your own issues but I'm hoping you don't drag them onto these boards. People don't want to be chased, obsessed over, and harassed. I know I don't want anymore PMs concerning other members. That's just an element I no longer want in my life. I made some choices and I hope you do the same.

NKySteeler
08-21-2010, 01:52 PM
I hope he doesn't still harbor hard feelings and I don't believe that he does.

I do not, life is extremely too short for foolishness like that... And I deeply appreciate your help and efforts concerning my mother a few months back.

NKySteeler
08-21-2010, 01:58 PM
There's your stalker my always drunk while posting friend.

Great line... Guess you told me, huh?... :lol:

... Have a great weekend, and enjoy the game tonight, everyone...

eniparadoxgma
08-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Someone bust on me! I want in! :stirpot :)

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2010, 03:54 PM

Eniparadoxgma is a stupid name. It's too hard to spell. An enigma wrapped around a paradox? C'mon man. You should be a turkey wrapped around a duck wrapped around a chicken instead. Turducken. See? Much easier to spell. And John Madden would like you almost as much as he likes Favre. Almost. :lol:

Jigawatts
08-21-2010, 05:01 PM

You are the son of a motherless goat.

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2010, 05:37 PM

Three Amigos taunting...Nice!

(we usually just get the standard Monty Python French tauntings around these parts)

Together we...

Burned the village!

And, uh...

Raped the horses!

And we...

Rode off on the women!

And, uh...

Plundered!

And, uh...

Pruned...the hedges...of many small villages!

Shawn
08-21-2010, 06:43 PM
I hope he doesn't still harbor hard feelings and I don't believe that he does.

I do not, life is extremely too short for foolishness like that... And I deeply appreciate your help and efforts concerning my mother a few months back.

I wish I could have done more.

eniparadoxgma
08-21-2010, 09:14 PM

Eniparadoxgma is a stupid name. It's too hard to spell. An enigma wrapped around a paradox? C'mon man. You should be a turkey wrapped around a duck wrapped around a chicken instead. Turducken. See? Much easier to spell. And John Madden would like you almost as much as he likes Favre. Almost. :lol:

Eniparadoxgma is actually the shortened version. It was originally a paradox wrapped in an enigma enveloped by a riddle baked in a cake which was eaten by a rabid wolverine high on PCP while being transmuted and transmogrified at the same time and spoken by the boatman of the River Styx challenging all those that seek entrance to the underworld, of which the answer is of course "Staelc Ni Alucard". I'd type the name for you but it requires an Egyptian translator and an Ovaltine secret decoder ring.

eniparadoxgma
08-21-2010, 09:15 PM

I'll fill you so full of lead you'll be using your dick as a pencil!

fordfixer
08-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Like sands through an hour glass so are the day's of our lives.

stlrz d
08-22-2010, 10:28 AM
There's your stalker my always drunk while posting friend.

Great line... Guess you told me, huh?... :lol:

... Have a great weekend, and enjoy the game tonight, everyone...

Oh come on man...you don't really think that line was directed at you, do you? It was directed at sd steel. Sheesh, go back and read the post.

Once more for clarification, this isn't about you. This has NOTHING to do with NKy. Nothing. Got it? No insults at you, no hate at you, no dislike at you and none of that towards your forum either, ok? THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU. I have made every attempt to make that abundantly clear. I even did so in the text message I sent you, which you chose not to acknowledge. Don't know what more I can do to let you know that this is not about you but you clearly want to think this is about you so I'm sorry that the message isn't getting through.

Shawn, if you had truly made changes in your life then you wouldn't be posting things like you did with regards to me thinking that NKy is a bad person. Because that is a lie. Period. And it's way worse than Ben changing the name of his hometown. If you want to make it right and show that you actually have made changes in your life then you'll apologize for posting something that is not true because I have made it clear all along that this is NOT about NKy and never was it about NKy.

Shawn
08-22-2010, 11:01 AM
If you meant nothing by

LMAO at the closed minded comment. Everyone here has opinions that they hold strongly. Does that make everyone here closed minded? By your definition NKy, I guess it does. So you'd also have to lump yourself in there as well.

And the drunk comment wasn't directed at NKy then I apologize.

Sometimes it's hard to tell where the insults are being directed. I should have read more thoroughly.

stlrz d
08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
If you meant nothing by

LMAO at the closed minded comment. Everyone here has opinions that they hold strongly. Does that make everyone here closed minded? By your definition NKy, I guess it does. So you'd also have to lump yourself in there as well.

And the drunk comment wasn't directed at NKy then I apologize.

Sometimes it's hard to tell where the insults are being directed. I should have read more thoroughly.

What I meant by that is that it's a foolish notion because we all do it. You've never said something similar to friends when they've stated something like that?

NKy helped me out at a time when he barely even knew me. He's a good guy and I haven't forgotten that. Most people might not think what he did was a big deal but to me it was.

I may disagree with some of his opinions just as he disagrees with some of mine, but I have no problems at all with the man. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-22-2010, 11:18 AM
I will latch on to the general positive trend this thread is heading -

NKy has also gone out of his way to unsolicitedly do something very unselfish and just plain nice to me. He sent me some awesome Steeler DVD/CDs in the mail after we had PM'd (old time Steeler fight songs, among others).

I in turn sent them on to an old college friend that was hitting near bottom in life from alcohol, losing his family, etc. So it was a gift that really helped someone.

And he did this when he barely knew me.

Thank you, NKy!

P.S. And for the newcomers here, NKy is a pilot, and when he happened to fly the Bengals team once, he decorated the plane with Steeler memorabilia. How awesome is that!

NKySteeler
08-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanx for the kind words, SA... "Good times, man..."

I really didn't/don't/won't think that anything was about me, I was simply trying to make a comment or two when alot of folks jumped on ANP... I thought it was wrong, nothing more... As said, many of us agree to disagree, and that's what makes message boards spin.

I made my points to stir the pot... :lol:

Man, I've spent more time here than elsewhere this weekend... Ironic, huh?... :lol:

... I'll now return to my previous status of a "lurker".

Djfan
08-23-2010, 09:22 AM
It's all well and good, I guess, but can NKy play center?!?!?