PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Hasn't Closed the Door on Dixon Starting

BradshawsHairdresser
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... g-qb-job/1 (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/mike-tomlin-dennis-dixon-could-still-win-steelers-starting-qb-job/1)

hawaiiansteel
08-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Lefty will continue to start, Dixon will be given special packages to run to give the other team's defense more to have to prepare for...

fezziwig
08-17-2010, 10:13 PM
It's going to be four or six long games to to have controversey over until Ben gets back.

Slapstick
08-18-2010, 11:03 AM
It's going to be four or six long games to to have controversey over until Ben gets back.

Tomlin created the controversy by annointing Leftwich as the starter before training camp...

frankthetank1
08-18-2010, 11:13 AM

Tomlin created the controversy by annointing Leftwich as the starter before training camp...

i dont think it was a wise move annointing lefty the starter before TC but i dont think that is what created the controversy. if dixon didnt play well last sat and lefty did there would be little talk about it. lefty looked like crap and dixon had a great game so there is controversy. also dixon played well in a game last season. lefty played horrid in a few games last season. if lefty wasnt a vet i would think dixon would have the job.

Oviedo
08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Again, the only controversy is in the minds of fans. Tomlin only stated fact by indicating Leftwich was the guy. Everyone who watches the team that I have read on a everyday basisi and not one game per week indicate Leftwich is the best choice for the first 4 games.

frankthetank1
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Again, the only controversy is in the minds of fans. Tomlin only stated fact by indicating Leftwich was the guy. Everyone who watches the team that I have read on a everyday basisi and not one game per week indicate Leftwich is the best choice for the first 4 games.

i would bet that all the same writers thought that maddox was the best choice to start the 2004 season.

Oviedo
08-18-2010, 11:39 AM

i would bet that all the same writers thought that maddox was the best choice to start the 2004 season.

The diffeence is we aren't talking about "THE QUARTERBACK" for the the team. This is about "THE CARETAKER"

It's all about risk and reward and the organization's assessment. They obviously collectively believe Lefty is lower risk. This is not a one person decision this is the entire braintrust. They knew what they wanted and why they wanted it when they traded for Lefty. It was a done deal at that point.

Slapstick
08-18-2010, 02:28 PM
The diffeence is we aren't talking about "THE QUARTERBACK" for the the team. This is about "THE CARETAKER"

It's all about risk and reward and the organization's assessment. They obviously collectively believe Lefty is lower risk. This is not a one person decision this is the entire braintrust. They knew what they wanted and why they wanted it when they traded for Lefty. It was a done deal at that point.

So, Leftwich created the controversy by not playing as well as the organization expected him to...and Dixon has exacerbated the situation by playing beyond the low expectations foisted upon him by the organization...

That makes sense...