PDA

View Full Version : At the preseason opener with the Sirius Radio Football Heads

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I took my son to the Lions game, and when we walked in Gate A, we went right up to the end zone fence where SN1 sets up shop for a good view of warm-ups and to get some good pics. While Jake was watching everything on the field, I was looking around for SN1, because I wasn't sure if he had planned to be here for the preseason games as well (I know that I don't make all of the preseason games myself...won't be going to the Thursday night preseason game against Carolina, for instance).

I wasn't able to find him, but there were some guys next to me talking about Pat Kirwin's new book, and since I listen to Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio everyday on my ride home from work, I asked the guy what he thought of the book. He was wearing a Lions hat and a Calvin Johnson t-shirt, and we got to talking a little bit about my Steelers, his Lions, and the NFL in general. Turns out he is a frequent caller to Sirius NFL Radio, Brandon from Missouri, otherwise known as the Commish. The other guy who was with him, Beerman, also calls in to talking to Tim and Pat's show occasionally, but certainly not as often as the Commish.

Brandon then motions over to the Big Fella who was eating at one of the picnic tables set up in the plaza beneath the scoreboard. It was Adrian from the Burgh. As I am talking to him, another random guy recognizes his voice and comes up to the group of us and asks if we call into Sirius NFL Radio a lot. Adrian calls himself the poorest celebrity alive, because he constantly gets recognized for his voice by football fans these days, particularly at Steeler games of course (and since the hosts always refer to him as the big fella, and well, he is a big fella, so it all fits), but of course, does not get any fortune to go with said fame. They mentioned that Three Point, another Steeler fan and Sirius regular, was there with them, but he was already up at the seats in the upper deck at that point, so I didn't get to meet him.

They were good guys...the Commish and Adrian took my cell phone number and I gave them mine. They said that they are both truck drivers, and like nothing more than to talk football all day, which explains why they call into the Sirius NFL Radio all the time...they aren't chained to a desk with a boss lingering over them like me. Because of their ability to travel the country in their trucks for work purposes, they have been able to meet Ryan and Kirwin at the Senior Bowl in Alabama, at Latrobe and a few other training camp sites. It was an interesting encounter, so I figured I'd share it here for any of the Sirius Radio Football Heads among us.

http://a.imageshack.us/img291/3396/rbcommishbeermanadrian0.jpg

(from left: RuthlessBurgher, The Commish, The Beerman, and Adrian from the Burgh)

jj28west
08-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Good stuff Ruthless,

I also listen to PK and Trock every day going home from work and recognize the characters you mentioned.

Now I can put a face on these guys. I did not see the book yet but I like how PK explains the X's and O's and really gets into the bowels of a play and what had to have happened for the play to execute effectively. Made me become a better fan of the game and a appreciation for the mental aspect of it.

They also take risks and make bold predictions while backing up their arguement. One example is the possible waiving of Foote and then a resign of him for less money. I dont know if Foote was guaranteed money but they were thinking he would be the odd man out. Guess we shall see.

Ozey74
08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks for sharing! I am an avid listener to NFL radio on satellite & also know these fella's. If you work in an office that has a window that faces south, I recommend to everybody to get hooked up to XM radio. It will be the most well spent $23 you spend each month.

BTW Ruthless, the position of you in the photo makes it look like your wearing a Maddox jersey.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for sharing! I am an avid listener to NFL radio on satellite & also know these fella's. If you work in an office that has a window that faces south, I recommend to everybody to get hooked up to XM radio. It will be the most well spent $23 you spend each month.

BTW Ruthless, the position of you in the photo makes it look like your wearing a Maddox jersey.

I think it IS a Maddox jersey!

Ruthless fills it well...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
I took my son to the Lions game, and when we walked in Gate A, we went right up to the end zone fence where SN1 sets up shop for a good view of warm-ups and to get some good pics. While Jake was watching everything on the field, I was looking around for SN1, because I wasn't sure if he had planned to be here for the preseason games as well (I know that I don't make all of the preseason games myself...won't be going to the Thursday night preseason game against Carolina, for instance).

I wasn't able to find him, but there were some guys next to me talking about Pat Kirwin's new book, and since I listen to Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio everyday on my ride home from work, I asked the guy what he thought of the book. He was wearing a Lions hat and a Calvin Johnson t-shirt, and we got to talking a little bit about my Steelers, his Lions, and the NFL in general. Turns out he is a frequent caller to Sirius NFL Radio, Brandon from Missouri, otherwise known as the Commish. The other guy who was with him, Beerman, also calls in to talking to Tim and Pat's show occasionally, but certainly not as often as the Commish.

Brandon then motions over to the Big Fella who was eating at one of the picnic tables set up in the plaza beneath the scoreboard. It was Adrian from the Burgh. As I am talking to him, another random guy recognizes his voice and comes up to the group of us and asks if we call into Sirius NFL Radio a lot. Adrian calls himself the poorest celebrity alive, because he constantly gets recognized for his voice by football fans these days, particularly at Steeler games of course (and since the hosts always refer to him as the big fella, and well, he is a big fella, so it all fits), but of course, does not get any fortune to go with said fame. They mentioned that Three Point, another Steeler fan and Sirius regular, was there with them, but he was already up at the seats in the upper deck at that point, so I didn't get to meet him.

They were good guys...the Commish and Adrian took my cell phone number and I gave them mine. They said that they are both truck drivers, and like nothing more than to talk football all day, which explains why they call into the Sirius NFL Radio all the time...they aren't chained to a desk with a boss lingering over them like me. Because of their ability to travel the country in their trucks for work purposes, they have been able to meet Ryan and Kirwin at the Senior Bowl in Alabama, at Latrobe and a few other training camp sites. It was an interesting encounter, so I figured I'd share it here for any of the Sirius Radio Football Heads among us.

http://a.imageshack.us/img291/3396/rbcommishbeermanadrian0.jpg

(from left: RuthlessBurgher, The Commish, The Beerman, and Adrian from the Burgh)

Freakin awesome Ruthless! I love that show and Adrian is awesome to listen to. All those guys seem like they would be cool to hang out with just listening to them, glad someone I "know" (even if I've seen you twice, i pretty much feel like I know you) got to experience it first hand.