PDA

View Full Version : NFLN doing show on Top 10 Rookie Seasons

Djfan
08-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Number 9 is Ben.

Baldinger says he doesn't belong on the list. Matt Ryan does though. Nice.

Even Mark Madden agrees that Ben was amazing.

Number 8 is Curt Warner. The running back for Seattle. Penn State guy.

SteelerNation1
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
All he ever did that year (and every year according the "experts") is manage the game. I mean he was an awesome game manager @ Dallas, @ Jax, and @ NYG. Baerly made any plays in those games. :roll:

Sugar
08-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I remember him in the Dallas game. He had hurt his leg going into halftime and completely willed the team to victory. It was then I knew that he was something special.

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2010, 01:34 AM
All he ever did that year (and every year according the "experts") is manage the game. I mean he was an awesome game manager @ Dallas, @ Jax, and @ NYG. Baerly made any plays in those games. :roll:

Not to mention ending the undefeated streaks of New England and Philadelphia in back to back weeks at home. Those wins cemented the fact that this guy was truly special.

proudpittsburgher
08-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Seriously, how does this stuff take off like it does. A few people start making that comment, then that somehow becomes Ben's Legacy for the first few years of his career, a game manager. I know we are homers, I know we have black and gold sunglasses on at times, but I was watching Sportsnation a couple of weeks ago, and they had the top 10 clutch QBs, not of all time, but current players only. Guess who wasn't even on the list? :roll: And guess who was No. 1? Peyton Manning. Clutch? really? Fresh off of his pick 6 to lose the super bowl? Not so fresh off of all of his one-and-done's in the playoffs? And there are a lot of them, but somehow, this guy is the Number 1 clutch QB? Fricken Aaron Rogers is on the list. Name one clutch-time moment this guy has had.

Look, we all get that Ben didn't put up 300 yard 4 TD games in his rookie season on a regular basis. But he didn't exactly throw for 98 yards and a rushing TD either. From the moment Ben entered the game against Baltimore he was slinging it. Pick 6, yes, but TD as well. He completed 66 percent of hi spasses that first season. 66! 17 TD passes in an incomplete season and you could make an argument that he would have had 3000 yards passing if he had played a full season, averaging out the starts he missed before Tommy went down. He also had a QB rating of near 100, in his first season in the NFL. This game manager stuff has got to go. If Eli had put up anything near those stats in his first, or even secodn year in the league, people would be nutting themselves over him. Heck, they already do, and he isn't anywhere near the QB that Ben is. Not then, not now, not ever.
Sorry for the rant, I just get fed up with these schmucks would would rather hear themselves talk, then actually do some research and formulate an intellegent opinion.

Captain Lemming
08-13-2010, 10:00 AM

Seriously, how does this stuff take off like it does. A few people start making that comment, then that somehow becomes Ben's Legacy for the first few years of his career, a game manager. I know we are homers, I know we have black and gold sunglasses on at times, but I was watching Sportsnation a couple of weeks ago, and they had the top 10 clutch QBs, not of all time, but current players only. Guess who wasn't even on the list? :roll: And guess who was No. 1? Peyton Manning. Clutch? really? Fresh off of his pick 6 to lose the super bowl? Not so fresh off of all of his one-and-done's in the playoffs? And there are a lot of them, but somehow, this guy is the Number 1 clutch QB? Fricken Aaron Rogers is on the list. Name one clutch-time moment this guy has had.

Look, we all get that Ben didn't put up 300 yard 4 TD games in his rookie season on a regular basis. But he didn't exactly throw for 98 yards and a rushing TD either. From the moment Ben entered the game against Baltimore he was slinging it. Pick 6, yes, but TD as well. He completed 66 percent of hi spasses that first season. 66! 17 TD passes in an incomplete season and you could make an argument that he would have had 3000 yards passing if he had played a full season, averaging out the starts he missed before Tommy went down. He also had a QB rating of near 100, in his first season in the NFL. This game manager stuff has got to go. If Eli had put up anything near those stats in his first, or even secodn year in the league, people would be nutting themselves over him. Heck, they already do, and he isn't anywhere near the QB that Ben is. Not then, not now, not ever.
Sorry for the rant, I just get fed up with these schmucks would would rather hear themselves talk, then actually do some research and formulate an intellegent opinion.

Its funny how we forget the Genesis of this thread. NFLN just gave him props as having a top 10 rookie season. That would seem to be a good thing.

proudpittsburgher
08-13-2010, 01:10 PM

Its funny how we forget the Genesis of this thread. NFLN just gave him props as having a top 10 rookie season. That would seem to be a good thing.

I was reacting more to the comment from Balldinger on how Ben doesn't even deserve to be on the list, so my focus was still spot on. :)

aggiebones
08-13-2010, 01:43 PM
If you can come in as a rookie and manage a football game from the QB position and you win, that's incredible.

Not many in the history of the league had memorable rookie QB campaigns. He was undefeated, 14-0 til Burress dropped that TD pass thus killing our comeback against the Pats.

He should have been jailed for that drop. It was just as dumb and shooting yourself in the leg.

proudpittsburgher
08-16-2010, 06:50 PM
If you can come in as a rookie and manage a football game from the QB position and you win, that's incredible.

Not many in the history of the league had memorable rookie QB campaigns. He was undefeated, 14-0 til Burress dropped that TD pass thus killing our comeback against the Pats.

He should have been jailed for that drop. It was just as dumb and shooting yourself in the leg.

:lol:

JTP53609
08-16-2010, 07:42 PM
i personally find it hillarious (sarcasm) that there is a top 10 dallas cowboys of all time but not of the pittsburgh steelers....but i guess they deserve that because they have the most super bowls of all time..oh wait a minute..........

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2010, 10:55 PM
i personally find it hillarious (sarcasm) that there is a top 10 dallas cowboys of all time but not of the pittsburgh steelers....but i guess they deserve that because they have the most super bowls of all time..oh wait a minute..........

We couldn't possibly narrow it down to just 10.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-17-2010, 03:03 PM

We couldn't possibly narrow it down to just 10.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:D :D :D :D :D

ramblinjim
08-17-2010, 03:06 PM

I was actually at the Giants game and both Ben and Eli played amazing games that day because neither defense could stop anyone. Ben just played a little bit better at the end.