PDA

View Full Version : I did it...my nostradamus Pick......

Doogie36
08-05-2010, 06:21 AM
I not only predicted the steelers will be 4-0 in the preaseason but said I would bet 1K on the first preseason game and take that winnings and take my AVATAR girl to vegas. I'm in Iraq so the VEGAS trip will happen regardless but it will be paid for by this win. The lines are out and the Steelers are at - 2 1/2. Vegas here I come during the steelers bye week!!! Come join me and my girl at the Monte Carlo!!! GOO STEELERS....I'm so sure of this game and will post my reasons!!!!!!!!

Doogie36
08-05-2010, 06:26 AM
REASONS:

1. Charlie Batch said this is the best depth at QB he's seen in 13 years. After all he's our 4th QB and our MOP up QB...he will be squared off against a guy who probably hasnt played one snap in the NFL.
2. BA said this is the best depth at OL he's seen and has no problem running Big Ben behind the 2nd string line.
3. Big Ben has to play in the preseason or he gets no work in.
4. Redman and Dwyer battling for that 3rd RB spot. We all know what Redman did last year in preseason.
5. Back up RB for the lions (SMITH) is recovering from ACL so he wont play.
6. Hanson the kicker is hurt.
7. Its at home
8. We have to wipe out this negative image.
9. The Lions led the league with 33 new players into a system last year. The 2nd most in the league was 15. I know its year two for many of those 33 players but thats still a lot. We brought back 4 players that already know our system this year so it must mean something.
10. Dennis Dixon wants to start and will be facing a 3rd string team in the LIONS. He can bring the ball down and just run on these guys.

I know anything can happen in preseason but this to me is an easy W and I think the VEGAS odds makers have this way wrong. Who is our scrubs???? I just dont see it...we might not have the best starting 11 in the league but our DEPTH is the best i've seen since being a STEELERS FAN.

Am I nuts??? LOL

Stewie
08-05-2010, 07:03 AM
It will be interesting to see how our OL does against Suh. He's a beast. It also will be interesting to see how Detroit's OL does against Ziggy.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-05-2010, 08:12 AM
The only thing I would say to that is if Dixon wants to impress, he won't do it by bringing the ball down and running all over everyone. He needs to get get it done through the air.

RuthlessBurgher
08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
It will be interesting to see how our OL does against Suh. He's a beast. It also will be interesting to see how Detroit's OL does against Ziggy.

Suh just finalized his contract yesterday, so he will be working a bit behind...

Stewie
08-05-2010, 11:30 AM
BTW, Doogie, I applaud your fervor, but betting on preseason games .....I dunno. Very, very risky, because you don't know who will play.

Doogie36
08-06-2010, 02:16 AM
The only thing I would say to that is if Dixon wants to impress, he won't do it by bringing the ball down and running all over everyone. He needs to get get it done through the air.

If he wants to Impress the Steelers I think the best way is with his legs!!! We are already hearing reports that he's being lined up at RB for some trick plays. I'm just trying to win a bet. Dixon PASSING, THROWING, PUNTING against the 3rd string lion squad....I dont care as long as he scores points doing it........LOL

Doogie36
08-06-2010, 02:20 AM
BTW, Doogie, I applaud your fervor, but betting on preseason games .....I dunno. Very, very risky, because you don't know who will play.

I do know the STEELERS depth vs the Lions depth is better and that's all I do need to know to make this pick. In the preason all the games are valued at -2 or -3 at most because of the UNKNOWN. Well as a steeler fan we do KNOW.....we know this is the best depth we have had in years!!!!!!!

I heard one report out of Detroit already!! They said the fans need to be patient...LOL..........I mean really........havent they already been patient??? Its a bunch of WHAT IF's on the LIONS past their starting 11.

Risky yes but no more risky then a real nfl game when this line might be steelers -10 instead...........

GOOO STEELERS and FUND MY TRIP TO VEGAS!!!!!!

Doogie36
08-06-2010, 02:25 AM
FROM COVERS.COM!!! They talk about Third string rotations!!! Charlie Batch isnt 3rd string, he's now 4th string..........

There are numerous handicapping edges to be found in wagering on NFL preseason games. One in particular that works well is isolating teams that have a former NFL starting quarterback slotted into the third rotation.

Aside from looking to win a roster spot, they often find themselves going against opposing rookies or inexperienced QB's in the fourth quarter of games. Former potential starting QB's to keep an eye on this preseason include Sage Rosenfels (Minnesota), Charlie Frye and Kyle Boller (Oakland), Charlie Batch (Pittsburgh), J.P. Losman (Seattle) and Chris Simms (Tennessee).”

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM

If he wants to Impress the Steelers I think the best way is with his legs!!! We are already hearing reports that he's being lined up at RB for some trick plays. I'm just trying to win a bet. Dixon PASSING, THROWING, PUNTING against the 3rd string lion squad....I dont care as long as he scores points doing it........LOL

He won't earn the starting QB duty for week 1 running around instead of passing. The package designed for him isn't as a starter and will be there even when Ben is back in the line-up if it is successful. For Fantasy/Bet through the preseason for your personal gain...good luck to you. If Dixon is playing against roofers, baggers, and garbage men through the preseason...I say you have a better than good chance he will make you money. :wink:

Doogie36
08-15-2010, 10:59 AM
WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VEGAS HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REDMAN and DIXON as predicted are the reason we won this game!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!