PDA

View Full Version : OK, here's my prediction for 2010.

Stewie
08-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Every game that the offense gets 20 first downs, we will win. What I am trying to say is that the O and D are interrelated, and we need the O to keep the D fresh. I am confident that, barring injuries, knock-on-wood, that the D will be better than last year. Without Holmes, Ben for 4-6 games, and a reconstructed OL, I have less confidence in the O.

CanadianSteel
08-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Sounds good, but i just don't see that in an BA offence. But i'll have my fingers crossed because Mendy is a talent at Running Back and could really pound the rock if giving the chance

Sugar
08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Sounds good, but i just don't see that in an BA offence. But i'll have my fingers crossed because Mendy is a talent at Running Back and could really pound the rock if giving the chance

Also if he can remain healthy. So much depends on the health of the players.

Stewie
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Health is key, and few RBs go through a whole season without a ding. Right now, I would rate Redman over Dwyer and Moore, but we'll see.

I like smashmouth...FB...Power blocking, etc. I was not enamored with BA's offense. However, in hindsight, it was the correct move. The Steelers OL from yesteryear was gone. The ONLY way that we were goning to be competitive (and coincidently win a superbowl) was to sling it. I'd like to see us get back to run the ball/stop the run, but ya' gotta have horses.

grotonsteel
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Running the football alone is not going to win the SuperBowl. I don't recollect in recent past if any team has won the SB by running the ball down the gut.

I like what Tomlin is saying. Run the ball effectively rather than increase the rush carries.

Can Steelers run the ball on 3rd and short at will. Can Steelers punch the ball in red zone??

If Steelers can resolve these issues i think we see a far better offense in 2010 compared to last year. Key to it is the O-line IMO.