PDA

View Full Version : Go Get Darrelle Revis!

Dee Dub
08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Ike Taylor and a first rounder?

There is an impasse between the Jets and Revis. The Jets Owner has said publically that they cannot pay Revis as the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. And that is exactly what Revis wants. Ndamdi Asomugha gets about $15.1 million a year. The Jets donít want to pay that.

The Jets did draft CB Kyle Wilson and traded for Antonio Cromartie and have Dwight Lowery so it isnít like they are hurting without out him.

YeahÖI know it will never happen. But could you imagine the Steelers defense with Revis and Troy in the secondary??

CanadianSteel
08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Your right never happening, but a guy can dream i guess. I don't think we would sign him anyway, would not the 30% rule get in the way like with Woodley ??

proudpittsburgher
08-03-2010, 02:22 PM
There is a contractual impasse . . . it's all a part of the game. The Jets have no intention of letting Revis walk, and the Steelers would have no chance in getting him, not even with Ike and a first rounder.

frankthetank1
08-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Ike Taylor and a first rounder?

There is an impasse between the Jets and Revis. The Jets Owner has said publically that they cannot pay Revis as the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. And that is exactly what Revis wants. Ndamdi Asomugha gets about $15.1 million a year. The Jets donít want to pay that.

The Jets did draft CB Kyle Wilson and traded for Antonio Cromartie and have Dwight Lowery so it isnít like they are hurting without out him.

YeahÖI know it will never happen. But could you imagine the Steelers defense with Revis and Troy in the secondary??

i always wanted revis to be a steeler when he was at pitt but it will never happen. revis is best playing man to man which doesnt fit the 3-4 zone blitz at all. if the FO is having a hard time working out a deal for woodley then it would be impossible to pay revis what he wants. troy and revis in the secondary would be amazing. we would have the best defense in the nfl for years to come

Djfan
08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
He is the man, but we don't need him. It would be too costly and the scheme is not geared towards his skills of man on man.

Dee Dub
08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
There is a contractual impasse . . . it's all a part of the game. The Jets have no intention of letting Revis walk, and the Steelers would have no chance in getting him, not even with Ike and a first rounder.

Not if Revis said I want to be traded and want to go to Pittsburgh. :mrgreen:

Dee Dub
08-03-2010, 02:39 PM
....revis is best playing man to man which doesnt fit the 3-4 zone blitz at all.........

You ever hear of a guy named Rod Woodson??? He was one of the best at man-to-man in his era and he played in this 3-4 zone blitz.

I think he fit just fine. When you are as good as Revis at man coverage it enables LeBeau to do so much more with his zone blitz. Then factor in Troy?? Wow!! That would be Shut Down City.

And I think the Steelers would be more inclined to give Revis top dollar than they would Woodley.

frankthetank1
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
....revis is best playing man to man which doesnt fit the 3-4 zone blitz at all.........

You ever hear of a guy named Rod Woodson??? He was one of the best at man-to-man in his era and he played in this 3-4 zone blitz.

I think he fit just fine. When you are as good as Revis at man coverage it enables LeBeau to do so much more with his zone blitz. Then factor in Troy?? Wow!! That would be Shut Down City.

And I think the Steelers would be more inclined to give Revis top dollar than they would Woodley.

revis probably would be good in the zone blitz but it is a little premature to compare revis with the best cb of all time. the steelers might be more inclined to give revis his money. it is hard to argue that but, the steelers seem to value LB's more than cb's at least in recent history.

Dee Dub
08-03-2010, 03:11 PM

revis probably would be good in the zone blitz but it is a little premature to compare revis with the best cb of all time. the steelers might be more inclined to give revis his money. it is hard to argue that but, the steelers seem to value LB's more than cb's at least in recent history.

For what you said above I think it is fair to compare todays best man to man cover CB's in the game to one of the games all time best. If Woodson could play in the 3-4 zone blitz why wouldn't Revis be able too??

frankthetank1
08-03-2010, 03:21 PM
[quote=frankthetank1]....revis is best playing man to man which doesnt fit the 3-4 zone blitz at all.........

For what you said above I think it is fair to compare todays best man to man cover CB's in the game to one of the games all time best. If Woodson could play in the 3-4 zone blitz why wouldn't Revis be able too??[/quote:1n5je6s8]

i just said he probably would be fine in the 3-4 zone blitz. comparing revis to woodson is premature imo thats all. for a while champ bailey was the nfl's best cb, but no way now would i ever put champ bailey in the same category with rod woodson.

ramblinjim
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Ok, we can dream.

Revis would look awfully good in the Black and Gold. He can shut down one side of the field, and we play zone on the other side of the field. Only some well run slant routes would make things interesting.

Stewie
08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
The Jets owe us one from Tone!!!!!

jj28west
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Werent we a pick away from this guy? That would have been sick.

Dee Dub
08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Ya never know..... :mrgreen:

"The possibility that it could be a long holdout isn't out of the question. Revis' uncle, former NFL defensive lineman Sean Gilbert, sat out the entire 1997 season in a contract dispute. Gilbert, whom Revis confides in, ended up getting traded from Washington to Carolina and got the big payday he sought."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Jets ... amp-080310 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Jets-CB-Darrelle-Revis-still-a-no-show-at-training-camp-080310)

Kaeg
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I hate to say it, but as good as he is, I don't think I'd even want him as a Steeler. To me he has proven to be a cry baby. He was the one I wanted us to take, too. Now I'm very glad we didn't. He actually held out for the contract he has now, and now he's bitching about it and holding out again. No thanks.