PDA

View Full Version : CHFF's take on Big Ben

SteelTorch
08-02-2010, 05:12 PM
CHFF posted an article pretty much outlining the major issues surrounding each team in the AFC (and making fun of them to boot). Anyway, here's what they had to say about us.

Link to article:
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3239_You%27re_all_worthless_and_weak_%28AFC_edi tion%29.html

Your franchise quarterback was melted away right before our very eyes. We’ve always liked Ben Roethlisberger as a quarterback. The bottom line is that the Steelers re-emerged as true Super Bowl contenders the day he took command of the offense.

But right now he’s about as popular as a blanket of small pox in a Mohican tee-pee. You know it’s bad, when dirt bag rapper Eminem is making fun of your lifestyle in his “songs.” Of course, Roethlisberger has never been charged with a crime. And even a lengthy Sports Illustrated profile this summer essentially accused him of nothing worse than being an arrogant ********. But, hell, we were arrogant ********s, too, when we were 25 – and we had no money and no Super Bowl rings.

So Steelers fans and the organization has to do a little soul searching: do you want to keep winning, or do you want your QB to win Boy Scouts medals? If you want the latter, good luck. If you want the former, get off your high horse and get behind two-time champion, big-game QB Big Ben.

Just don’t follow him into the bathroom any time soon.

Strangely enough, I sort of agree. If you have time, the entire article is a fun read. I especially liked what they had to say about Cleveland. :brownssuck

EDIT: Cincy, Oakland, and Indy's were also good. :lol:

ANPSTEEL
08-02-2010, 05:21 PM
CHFF posted an article pretty much outlining the major issues surrounding each team in the AFC (and making fun of them to boot). Anyway, here's what they had to say about us.

Link to article:
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3239_You%27re_all_worthless_and_weak_%28AFC_edi tion%29.html

... And even a lengthy Sports Illustrated profile this summer essentially accused him of nothing worse than being an arrogant bad word. But, hell, we were arrogant ********s, too, when we were 25 – and we had no money and no Super Bowl rings.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ikestops85
08-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Link to article:

Your franchise quarterback was melted away right before our very eyes. We’ve always liked Ben Roethlisberger as a quarterback. The bottom line is that the Steelers re-emerged as true Super Bowl contenders the day he took command of the offense.

But right now he’s about as popular as a blanket of small pox in a Mohican tee-pee. You know it’s bad, when dirt bag rapper Eminem is making fun of your lifestyle in his “songs.” Of course, Roethlisberger has never been charged with a crime. And even a lengthy Sports Illustrated profile this summer essentially accused him of nothing worse than being an arrogant bad word. But, hell, we were arrogant ********s, too, when we were 25 – and we had no money and no Super Bowl rings.

So Steelers fans and the organization has to do a little soul searching: do you want to keep winning, or do you want your QB to win Boy Scouts medals? If you want the latter, good luck. If you want the former, get off your high horse and get behind two-time champion, big-game QB Big Ben.

Strangely enough, I sort of agree. If you have time, the entire article is a fun read. I especially liked what they had to say about Cleveland. :brownssuck

EDIT: Cincy, Oakland, and Indy's were also good. :lol:

That's pretty much what I have been saying all along. He might be a douche bag but he is OUR douche bag.

Crash
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Hines is a douche too. So is James Harrison.

I don't see the outrage there, do you?

ikestops85
08-02-2010, 06:00 PM

Nope, that's my point. I don't know any of those guys personally so I don't care what they are like. They might all be boorish but I don't have to hang around with them. I'd rather they all be boy scouts but that isn't very feasible.

As long as they don't commit a crime or violate their contract let them play football. I never thought much of Joey Porter but he was a steeler and when he made a play I cheered. Hopefully some fans here can take the same approach with Ben.

NW Steeler
08-02-2010, 07:08 PM
That's pretty much what I have been saying all along. He might be a douche bag but he is OUR douche bag.

That is the line of the off season!
:Cheers

proudpittsburgher
08-03-2010, 08:25 AM

Nope, that's my point. I don't know any of those guys personally so I don't care what they are like. They might all be boorish but I don't have to hang around with them. I'd rather they all be boy scouts but that isn't very feasible.

As long as they don't commit a crime or violate their contract let them play football. I never thought much of Joey Porter but he was a steeler and when he made a play I cheered. Hopefully some fans here can take the same approach with Ben.

I think people jump to conclusions one way or the other, but the truth is probably that Ben falls somewhere on the line between Douchbag of the decade, and Mother Theresa. He is never going to be as bad as some of his staunchist critics say he is, and he is never going to be as clean as his most loyal supporters say he is. And I think that stands true for most players and the opinions fans have about them. As soon as people come to that realization, we can start to move on with our franchise QB and put the focus where it should be, winning another Super Bowl.