PDA

View Full Version : Versus Network's Reese Waters on Ben vs Holmes

Crash
08-02-2010, 12:41 AM
"Santonio didn't do half of what Ben did and they couldn't get him out of town fast enough. Race had to play a role."

Yeah, people aren't playing the race card at all. :roll:

hawaiiansteel
08-02-2010, 12:46 AM
"Santonio didn't do half of what Ben did and they couldn't get him out of town fast enough. Race had to play a role."

I believe the Steelers would have gotten rid of Sanstonio even if he were white, those last Twitter messages he sent out while still a Steeler showed that he just doesn't get it.

Crash
08-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Bottom line is I can almost guarantee this dunce has no idea Holmes was arrested three times and failed two drug tests before we traded him.

And it's not proven that Ben did anything, he was accused. Never charged, never convicted.

hawaiiansteel
08-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Bottom line is I can almost guarantee this dunce has no idea Holmes was arrested three times and failed two drug tests before we traded him.

And it's not proven that Ben did anything, he was accused. Never charged, never convicted.

i agree on Ben, he certainly used bad judgement but nothing to deserve a 6-game suspension that we all know has to be reduced to a 4-game suspension.

i also admit that i was quite surprised when Ben was suspended by God-ell...i was under the premise that you were innocent until proven guilty in this country. :wft

The Man of Steel
08-02-2010, 05:43 AM

Santonio's contract and Ben's contract are what really tell the story of why one player was more expendable than the other.

frankthetank1
08-02-2010, 07:46 AM

Santonio's contract and Ben's contract are what really tell the story of why one player was more expendable than the other.

that and the fact that it is almost impossible to find a qb as good as ben but wr's like holmes are a dime a dozen. what do i know though, im sure it had to do with race :roll:

Oviedo
08-02-2010, 08:00 AM

Holmes was gone at the end of the season and had a 4 game suspension waiting for him. No way they were going to resign him because unlike Ben Holmes never indicated that he was going to try to change and stay away from marijuana. He is too big a risk.

As correctly pointed out WRs are a time a dozen compared to franchise QBs.

If there is any racial bias then it is on Goodell slamming Ben and ignoring the transgressions of Vince Young, Cedric Benson and Phil Merling. Isn't it ironic that we face all three of those players this year.

Eich
08-02-2010, 08:16 AM
i also admit that i was quite surprised when Ben was suspended by God-ell...i was under the premise that you were innocent until proven guilty in this country. :wft

Ben was not suspended because Goodell thought he was guilty of rape. Ben was suspended because of all the embarrassment caused by the seedy details of his actions that came out (twice) and the pressure Goodell felt to punish Ben like certain other high profile players.

I don't agree with the suspension at all but it was not because he was presumed guilty of the accusation(s).

stlrz d
08-02-2010, 08:58 AM

Ben was not suspended because Goodell thought he was guilty of rape. Ben was suspended because of all the embarrassment caused by the seedy hearsay that came out (twice) and the pressure Goodell felt to punish Ben like certain other high profile players.

I don't agree with the suspension at all but it was not because he was presumed guilty of the accusation(s).

Fixed that for ya'. :)

papillon
08-02-2010, 09:03 AM

i agree on Ben, he certainly used bad judgement but nothing to deserve a 6-game suspension that we all know has to be reduced to a 4-game suspension.

The NFL operates as a dictatorship within the freedoms bestowed upon Americans and, as such, you're guilty or innocent until nothing's proven and Roger the Dodger delivers his sentence (purely at his discretion). :P

Pappy

Jooser
08-02-2010, 09:05 AM

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/This****.jpg

I poke fun Crash, but I too think Ben is definitely getting shafted at this point. VY and CB should definitely get AT LEAST 2 games IMHO.

ikestops85
08-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Holmes made it known that he didn't want to resign with a small market team so by getting rid of him we got a draft pick (albeit a low one) in lieu of 12 more games of service. Race had nothing to do with it.

While at first I was ticked about the trade but the more I think about it it wasn't so bad. While I don't think Holmes is as good as he thought he was I don't think receivers with his ability are a dime a dozen. I still remember the 80's where the only receiver most people could name on the steelers was Louis Lipps. I do think we have some young receivers that will come through for us.

On a side note I love how Ben seems to be garnering more and more support. Way to come around steeler fans. :stirpot

Shawn
08-02-2010, 10:10 AM
It gets really old hearing about how Holmes was cut because the Rooneys are racist. Yep, that's why they have a black coach and have been a strong advocate for racial equality in position of power within the NFL. These kinds of articles are just embarassing for the author.

frankthetank1
08-02-2010, 10:23 AM
It gets really old hearing about how Holmes was cut because the Rooneys are racist. Yep, that's why they have a black coach and have been a strong advocate for racial equality in position of power within the NFL. These kinds of articles are just embarassing for the author.

thats a very good point. this author does know of the rooney rule doesnt he? although i find the rooney rule pretty hypocritical to equal rights its evidence that the rooneys are the farthest from racists as a person could be. dan rooney was also a big supporter of obama.

Jooser
08-02-2010, 10:26 AM

thats a very good point. this author does know of the rooney rule doesnt he? although i find the rooney rule pretty hypocritical to equal rights its evidence that the rooneys are the farthest from racists as a person could be. dan rooney was also a big supporter of obama.

Yep, and they surely hung they're white QB out to dry.

Oviedo
08-02-2010, 10:58 AM

Yep. Big Ben got a longer suspension for just being accused and embarassing someone and not convicted of anything than Holmes will have for getting popped in another drug test. NFL justice really makes alot of sense doesn't it?

Let's summarize now. Vince Young and Cedric Benson assault people and get nothing. Phil Merling beats on a pregnant woman and gets nothing from Goodell, but Ben "embarasses" the league and get six games. Goodell needs a lesson in perspective.

Ben unfortunately had the misfortune of being the first high profile white player Goodell could nail to get the heat off of him.

Jooser
08-02-2010, 11:01 AM

Yep. Big Ben got a longer suspension for just being accused and embarassing someone and not convicted of anything than Holmes will have for getting popped in another drug test. NFL justice really makes alot of sense doesn't it?

Let's summarize now. Vince Young and Cedric Benson assault people and get nothing. Phil Merling beats on a pregnant woman and gets nothing from Goodell, but Ben "embarasses" the league and get six games. Goodell needs a lesson in perspective.

Ben unfortunately had the misfortune of being the first high profile white player Goodell could nail to get the heat off of him.
:Clap atta boy

feltdizz
08-02-2010, 12:26 PM
So the Rooneys are racist reversed and hate themselves. Why root for their white hating organization?

Where are you guys going with this? Crash has you guys on a racial march to God know where...

Even if this was about Ben's race(I don't think it is) but if it was racial what is your solution? Jesse and Sharpton speeches are a joke so what or how will you find justice?

So what's next? Where are you guys trying to go with this? Just curious because it sounds like blood pressures are going up and you guys may take to the streets.

Will you hold up signs that say "white beb was wronged?? Black media how dare you?" Is there an agenda here or is this just venting frustration over white injustice in the NFL? Just asking because I'm sure Crash or whoever can dig up a race baiting article everyday because its a topic that will always get clicks and discussions.

black vs white... It never fails.

Crash
08-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Btw, here is Water's background pic on his Twitter page.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_background_images/95949650/Reese_b_w.jpg

Looks like a tea and cannoli sit down with a CONVICTED rapist.

This is too much!

Oviedo
08-02-2010, 12:36 PM
So the Rooneys are racist reversed and hate themselves. Why root for their white hating organization?

Where are you guys going with this? Crash has you guys on a racial march to God know where...

Even if this was about Ben's race(I don't think it is) but if it was racial what is your solution? Jesse and Sharpton speeches are a joke so what or how will you find justice?

So what's next? Where are you guys trying to go with this? Just curious because it sounds like blood pressures are going up and you guys may take to the streets.

Will you hold up signs that say "white beb was wronged?? Black media how dare you?" Is there an agenda here or is this just venting frustration over white injustice in the NFL? Just asking because I'm sure Crash or whoever can dig up a race baiting article everyday because its a topic that will always get clicks and discussions.

I think people are generally just struggling with the consistency of what Ben got for an unfounded accusation and yet Vince Young, Cedric Benson and Phil Merling have gotten for actual crimes. Just doesn't pass the smell test.

It was the commentators on the NFL's own network who set this up as a black vs white thing when this all started and Jamie Dukes and the other roundtable panel member immediately begane to talk about how Goodell was going to deal with Ben as a white player and a QB given how he treated black players before. That was their words not anybodies on this board.

Crash
08-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Like I said, anyone who believes race didn't play a part in this suspension is a fool or in denial.

phillyesq
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Who is Reese Waters?

feltdizz
08-02-2010, 01:02 PM

I think people are generally just struggling with the consistency of what Ben got for an unfounded accusation and yet Vince Young, Cedric Benson and Phil Merling have gotten for actual crimes. Just doesn't pass the smell test.

It was the commentators on the NFL's own network who set this up as a black vs white thing when this all started and Jamie Dukes and the other roundtable panel member immediately begane to talk about how Goodell was going to deal with Ben as a white player and a QB given how he treated black players before. That was their words not anybodies on this board.

Ben was the first high profile white athlete with 2 sexaul assault accusations in 2 years...

I don't know, Jason Whitlock talks about race everyday...

If this was about criminal justice I would agree... however this is about PR management and the Rooneys and Goodell acted as such.

If it makes people feel good to say Ben is innocent and railroaded by race than have at it. At the end of the day Ben kows what happened and hopefully he takes better precautions with the chicks. I'm just glad the chicks weren't black... that would really cause a race war on here. LOL!!!

feltdizz
08-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Who is Reese Waters?

The hell if I know, I thought it was a chick until the photo went up. Now you know who he is thanks to Crash. This season you will probably hear about 20 names you never heard before because of a blog post on race.

cruzer8
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Like I said, anyone who believes race didn't play a part in this suspension is a fool or in denial.

No doubt.

feltdizz
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
You posted a quote from a guy no one has ever heard of before.

Wow. The black media sure is strong.

Shawn
08-03-2010, 02:29 AM

Ben was the first high profile white athlete with 2 sexaul assault accusations in 2 years...

I don't know, Jason Whitlock talks about race everyday...

If this was about criminal justice I would agree... however this is about PR management and the Rooneys and Goodell acted as such.

If it makes people feel good to say Ben is innocent and railroaded by race than have at it. At the end of the day Ben kows what happened and hopefully he takes better precautions with the chicks. I'm just glad the chicks weren't black... that would really cause a race war on here. LOL!!!

Dizz you know for a fact that with PR it's about perception. It's not about "hatin the white man" it's about appeasing the 80% black players in the NFL. There had been much talk about white players getting preferencial treatment and Goodell acted accordingly. Ben got caught in the crossfire.

No one is going to take to the streets over Ben but we are indeed allowed to call a spade a spade.

proudpittsburgher
08-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Who is Reese Waters?

The hell if I know, I thought it was a chick until the photo went up. Now you know who he is thanks to Crash. This season you will probably hear about 20 names you never heard before because of a blog post on race.

Exactly. I immediately through it was that woman on the roundtable discussion show I saw advertised. And yes, people are way too quick to play the race card.

feltdizz
08-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Dizz you know for a fact that with PR it's about perception. It's not about "hatin the white man" it's about appeasing the 80% black players in the NFL. There had been much talk about white players getting preferencial treatment and Goodell acted accordingly. Ben got caught in the crossfire.

No one is going to take to the streets over Ben but we are indeed allowed to call a spade a spade.

I know Goodell didn't listen to the black players any other time they were dogging him about suspending black players. It wasn't appeasing... it was punishment for being stupid enough to get another accusation in a college pub.

cruzer8
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM

I know Goodell didn't listen to the black players any other time they were dogging him about suspending black players. It wasn't appeasing... it was punishment for being stupid enough to get another accusation in a college pub.

He never had a white player like Ben to come down on. Open your eyes man. Race clearly played a role in his decision.

frankthetank1
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM

He never had a white player like Ben to come down on. Open your eyes man. Race clearly played a role in his decision.

what about matt jones :lol: :lol:

cruzer8
08-03-2010, 10:20 AM

Now there's a guy who should be upset. Cedric Benson and Vince Young are bigger names than him!

Shawn
08-03-2010, 11:24 AM

That's exactly right. Goodell never had a white QB of Ben's caliber make international news. He had the perfect guy to use to clear up some the PR racial issues.

And Dizz you know I agree that Ben wasn't an angel. I even believe his punishment while a bit extreme was warranted. That's if he has a policy that is handed out with an even hand. If he comes down on every player (white/black/yellow/purple) in the same way based on certain criteria then I have zero issue with it. The problem comes when a black QB can go into a strip club and melt a guy like butter (commiting class C assault) and gets no suspension. That's going to raise a few white eye brows. I don't understand how anyone can look at this situation and think to themselves...yup that seems about right.

Oviedo
08-03-2010, 12:19 PM

That's exactly right. Goodell never had a white QB of Ben's caliber make international news. He had the perfect guy to use to clear up some the PR racial issues.

And Dizz you know I agree that Ben wasn't an angel. I even believe his punishment while a bit extreme was warranted. That's if he has a policy that is handed out with an even hand. If he comes down on every player (white/black/yellow/purple) in the same way based on certain criteria then I have zero issue with it. The problem comes when a black QB can go into a strip club and melt a guy like butter (commiting class C assault) and gets no suspension. That's going to raise a few white eye brows. I don't understand how anyone can look at this situation and think to themselves...yup that seems about right.

:Agree No one ever said that some punishment for Ben wasn't warranted. As a matter of fact I think that it was the vast majority who thought something should happen to him. As Shawn said it became a problem when Goodell did his selective approach based on who you are and not what you did. This was all about PR for Goodell and the Steelers served up the sacrifice to him.

All the angst about racial bias or preference goes back to Goodell for having no standards and no consistency. Everyone will decide how they want to perceive things but everyone has to agree that when you just look at the facts Ben got a raw deal

feltdizz
08-03-2010, 12:51 PM

since there has never been a white player like Ben to come down on how can one say it's obviously race?

There isn't any other players of Ben's stature with 2 sexual assaults to compare it to.

People are just pulling up any violations and saying they are the same.

To quote Ghost.... camp has started. :Beer

Shawn
08-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Dizz now you are not being intellectually honest. Ben was accused of sexual assault twice. He wasn't arrested for either. We both know the first was bunk. The second I highly doubt but obviously we don't know all the details.

It becomes very dangerous when a player can be accused of a crime, not arrested and be suspended. Why? Because, that target on their back just gets bigger. They become even larger targets for blackmail and extortion.

If you are arrested for anything...loitering, picking your nose in public whatever I think there needs to be some sort of recourse. With that said, when you start suspending players for unproven accusations the NFL is serving up their players to the piranhas.

feltdizz
08-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I meant to say accused of sexual assault 2 times. Show me a 2 time SB winning QB who has 2 sexual assault accusations in 2 consecutive offseasons who was let off easy and then we can talk.

Everyone knows Goodell rules with an iron fist and it isn't about crime and punishment. Its about conduct unbecoming an NFL player.

Clearly Goodell thinks Ben caused more harm to the league then Benson or Young. Can you honestly say Ben's incident wasn't the most damaging media event this off season? I doubt it.

feltdizz
08-03-2010, 02:08 PM
As far as the players being set up for more extortion gimme a break. Everyone has been trying to get in NFL players pockets for years.

Its not anything new Shawn and this Ben suspension doesn't open up more doors for chicks to scream rape. Its always been like this but for some reason Ben had 2 chicks in 2 years scream rape when most players of his stature realize hoes will be hoes and wise up.

Ben isn't the average football player who can fly under the radar when something like this happens.

The tape being erased didn't help Ben either. Maybe Goodell could have waited to act but with the draft, a previous accusation and open civil suit I think the harsh punishment was the best thing that could have happened.
Instead of 2 months of media backlash it could have been 6 months if the Rooneys and Goodell waited.

ter1230_4
08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Everyone knows Goodell rules with an iron fist and it isn't about crime and punishment. Its about conduct unbecoming an NFL player.

Wrong! The one and only thing that Goodell the POS cares about is making himself look good. The media hyped Big Ben's story and created the modern day equivalent of a lynch mob, and Goodell was more than happy to over discipline Roethlisberger to satisfy the mob. Goodell the POS cares absolutely nothing about being fair or honest, which is why he should be booed when he comes to Latrobe.

feltdizz
08-03-2010, 03:01 PM

Wrong! The one and only thing that Goodell the POS cares about is making himself look good. The media hyped Big Ben's story and created the modern day equivalent of a lynch mob, and Goodell was more than happy to over discipline Roethlisberger to satisfy the mob. Goodell the POS cares absolutely nothing about being fair or honest, which is why he should be booed when he comes to Latrobe.

like Goodell cares about the boo birds...

Crash
08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
The tape being erased didn't help Ben either

You mean the tape that was erased after the police viewed it, and the tape that was erased which was camera's set up no where near the VIP room, hallway to the bathroom, or the bathroom itself?

Bright admitted the tapes content was viewed, and would have not provided anything of relevance to either side.

Of course ESTMZPN didn't tell you that part, and jackasses like you fall for their tabloid crap.

Crash
08-03-2010, 03:27 PM

You mean the same guy who was shaking hands and accepting congratulations in a NY club from fans the same night he suspended Ben?

Shawn
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I meant to say accused of sexual assault 2 times. Show me a 2 time SB winning QB who has 2 sexual assault accusations in 2 consecutive offseasons who was let off easy and then we can talk.

Clearly Goodell thinks Ben caused more harm to the league then Benson or Young. Can you honestly say Ben's incident wasn't the most damaging media event this off season? I doubt it.

I'm not sure of the relevance. A player is a player...white=white. Qb=kicker. That's what we preach right? A consistant policy is needed. If being accused of a crime with little to no evidence warrants a suspension what does being arrested for class C assault warrant? One that's caught on tape none the less.

You have two QBs one accused of two crimes with zero evidence that either happened. Goodell took the word of two unknown females and handed him out a 6 game suspension. Vick blasts a guy in the face for throwing up so sort of derrogatory sign about his alma mater. All caught on tape. He gets nothing? Ignorant.

ikestops85
08-03-2010, 05:57 PM

actually Goodell care very much about the boo birds. If the steeler fans boo him enough the media will pick it up and run with it. I realize it will only be a day or two but it will shake Goodell up. The media doesn't care who the victim is ... if they smell chum in the water the frenzy will start (Shark Week :D )

ter1230_4
08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
You mean the same guy who was shaking hands and accepting congratulations in a NY club from fans the same night he suspended Ben?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: A major factor in the 6 game suspension that Roethlisberger received is that New York absolutely hates Big Ben. A large number of the national sports media are headquartered in New York or close proximity, such as ESPN and NBC Sports. A large number of reporters working for those organizations are NY Giants fans. They keep trying to convince the world (and themselves) that their beloved Giants made the right move by selecting Eli Manning (and trading the draft picks that became Shawn Merriman and Nate Kaeding) instead of Roethlisberger. After the Giants won the Super Bowl (and I was rooting for them in that game), they tried to make the argument that Eli was really better than Ben. But after Ben's performance in Super Bowl 43, they shut up. It's clear to anyone with an IQ above single digits that Big Ben is the far superior QB to little Eli. So the Georgia escapade allowed the frustrated Giants fans in the media the opportunity to drag Roethlisberger through the mud and try once again to justify the decision to draft Eli instead of Ben. And don't forget that the NFL offices are in New York too, so Goodell the POS is influenced by the New York hatred for Roethlisberger.

feltdizz
08-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Shawn, who said all players are equal? Not sure where you got that from.. You may want it that way but it isn't. Ben is our franchise QB, he is held to a higher standard whether you like it or not.

Does anyone really think Goodell isn't expecting boos? He knows he will be booed.

Crash
08-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Does anyone really think Goodell isn't expecting boos? He knows he will be booed.

I expect him to arrive in the morning. See Ben after the first session and leave before the fans show up.

People should throw sh*t at him. He's a disgrace to the league. Junkies and felons get treated better than the innocent.

grotonsteel
08-03-2010, 09:24 PM

I expect him to arrive in the morning. See Ben after the first session and leave before the fans show up.

People should throw sh*t at him. He's a disgrace to the league. Junkies and felons get treated better than the innocent.

Goodell is one of the biggest scum on this planet....he does not have balls to face the Steeler Nation...

He should suspend himself for being a jerk. If this guy was a CEO of any company he would have got booted by the shareholders by now.

grotonsteel
08-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Shawn, who said all players are equal? Not sure where you got that from.. You may want it that way but it isn't. Ben is our franchise QB, he is held to a higher standard whether you like it or not.

Does your company have one set of policies for managers another set for workers working under that manager???

Shawn
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Ok...so your stance is that each position should have a different standard for behavior and discipline. Can I ask does this also apply to second string QBs as well? I want to clarify your position. Does this apply to race or just position? Does winning a Super Bowl mean you should be disciplined more severely? If so, does winning more than one Super Bowl mean stricter punishment?

There are a couple problems with your stance. One...Vince is a QB...a starting QB at that. So, there goes the QB thing out the window because he wasn't given even one game for proven assault. So, it must be because Ben has had more success. So, now we punish those who have won Super Bowls? That makes little sense.

I suppose this is where you say well he is more well known and will be held to a higher standard. I say that's hog wash. These guys are not neurosurgeons...they play football. Ben throws around a pigskin and plays a game for a living. No one expects these guys to be angels. Did Ben put himself in a bad spot...yup. But, many players do the same thing Ben does every day. Many players are actually charged with a crime and are not punished by the league.

I was always told...Shawn don't look for zebras look for horses. The measure with which Goodell used was clearly race related. I don't need to search out some odd idea of different standards used based on how many Super Bowls a man wins. Because, that makes zero sense.

feltdizz
08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
It's not about the players position it's about name recognition.

I didn't say I think it's fair so don't get mad at me. LOL. I just think it REALLY matters who the name is. If Ben was in a bar fight this off season he wouldn't have been suspended IMO.

I know these are football players.. I have no idea why you felt the need to say what they aren't doctors

Oviedo
08-04-2010, 01:12 PM

Ok...so your stance is that each position should have a different standard for behavior and discipline. Can I ask does this also apply to second string QBs as well? I want to clarify your position. Does this apply to race or just position? Does winning a Super Bowl mean you should be disciplined more severely? If so, does winning more than one Super Bowl mean stricter punishment?

There are a couple problems with your stance. One...Vince is a QB...a starting QB at that. So, there goes the QB thing out the window because he wasn't given even one game for proven assault. So, it must be because Ben has had more success. So, now we punish those who have won Super Bowls? That makes little sense.

I suppose this is where you say well he is more well known and will be held to a higher standard. I say that's hog wash. These guys are not neurosurgeons...they play football. Ben throws around a pigskin and plays a game for a living. No one expects these guys to be angels. Did Ben put himself in a bad spot...yup. But, many players do the same thing Ben does every day. Many players are actually charged with a crime and are not punished by the league.

I was always told...Shawn don't look for zebras look for horses. The measure with which Goodell used was clearly race related. I don't need to search out some odd idea of different standards used based on how many Super Bowls a man wins. Because, that makes zero sense.

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

ikestops85
08-04-2010, 01:15 PM

I have to second

feltdizz
08-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Does your company have one set of policies for managers another set for workers working under that manager???

Yes. The managers definitely have a different set of policies from the workers underneath them.

Some of the basic policies apply to both but there are are also additional ones for the managers because they have more responsiibilities.

Do you really think the VP of a company or a supervisor has the same rules as the newest low level employee? WTF?

grotonsteel
08-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Yes. The managers definitely have a different set of policies from the workers underneath them.

Some of the basic policies apply to both but there are are also additional ones for the managers because they have more responsiibilities.

Do you really think the VP of a company or a supervisor has the same rules as the newest low level employee? WTF?

If you commit a felony it does not matter whether you are a manager or a worker...you are fired ASAP.

Oh BTW.. isn't code of a conduct a basic policy of NFL??? Or did Goodell say that code of conduct is applied only for QBs who has won SB???...

Dude i don't know which company u work for ...but i would quit that one for sure...Your company ain't equal opportunity employer if you say your supervisor has different policies than the workers under him.

BTW I hope you know the meaning of Equal Oppurtunity Employer..

feltdizz
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
You are moving the goal post Groton. Breaking the law and violating a company policy are 2 entirely different things and for some odd reason you guys keep threading them together as one and the same.

Violating personal condict isn't limited to being charged or convicted of a crime..

I'm not quitting my job either but thanks for the advice. Should Ben quit his job? Hmmmmm

cruzer8
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
You are moving the goal post Groton. Breaking the law and violating a company policy are 2 entirely different things and for some odd reason you guys keep threading them together as one and the same.

Violating personal condict isn't limited to being charged or convicted of a crime..

I'm not quitting my job either but thanks for the advice. Should Ben quit his job? Hmmmmm

HA!

That is hilarious!

grotonsteel
08-04-2010, 02:38 PM

I don't move goal post...not my forte... :wink:

Company is not a LE. You break law/fail drug test/DUI you are breaking company policies and hence you get fired for that.Maybe you want to check if your company has Felony/Misdemeanor Policy.

Also you mean to say you can get suspended in a company based on perception???? It does not matter whether you are a VP or a worker...you ain't suspended based on perception.

As far as Ben quitting the job..if someone else is going to pay 100 million dollars he would have quit the job by now and sued NFL.

feltdizz
08-04-2010, 03:21 PM

I don't move goal post...not my forte... :wink:

Company is not a LE. You break law/fail drug test/DUI you are breaking company policies and hence you get fired for that.Maybe you want to check if your company has Felony/Misdemeanor Policy.

Also you mean to say you can get suspended in a company based on perception???? It does not matter whether you are a VP or a worker...you ain't suspended based on perception.

As far as Ben quitting the job..if someone else is going to pay 100 million dollars he would have quit the job by now and sued NFL.

Each Company has their own set of policies...

Shawn
08-04-2010, 03:54 PM
It's not about the players position it's about name recognition.

I didn't say I think it's fair so don't get mad at me. LOL. I just think it REALLY matters who the name is. If Ben was in a bar fight this off season he wouldn't have been suspended IMO.

I know these are football players.. I have no idea why you felt the need to say what they aren't doctors

Dizz I wasn't angry sorry if it came across that way. I merely feel passionate about equal treatment for everyone. I believe in standards and measures for disciplinary action. I believe in equality.

As for the neurosurgeon comment. It was made because the QB position doesn't indicate a need for a higher level of trust. There is no need to punish a QB for a breech of moral turpitude. As for neurosurgeons, physicians of any sort, lawyers, nurses, judges, police officers etc there is a need to punish breeches of moral turpitude due to a higher level of public responsibility. That was my only point.

Shawn
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM

I think that is reasonable. But, does the policy change from manager to manager based on productivity or sales? In some companies it does...under the table sort of thing. Things are often overlooked in the better managers. But, is this right? Is this the sort of policy the NFL wants us to accept?

And I do believe Ben would have been suspended for assault. But, obviously thats just an opinion.