PDA

View Full Version : What should REALLY be interesting

Stewie
08-01-2010, 07:07 PM
will be Flozell v. Ngata. Should be worth the price of a ticket.

birtikidis
08-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Isn't Ngata a DT? that would put him on either kemo or pouncey.. i think the guy Adams will line up agaisnt would be Jarret Johnson...

ANPSTEEL
08-01-2010, 08:19 PM
He's an end
And it will be fun to watch

I'm praying legursky or pouncey starts at center, because watching Cody shove hartwig all over will severely suck.

grotonsteel
08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Steelers will have to go in No-Huddle offense if Cody-Ngata are playing together.

My Steelers Huge and big O-line:

Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Foster-Adams

feltdizz
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Cody shoved Pouncey around something awful in the SEC championship game.

That fat slob was a terror in college. I really hope Pouncey is out for redemption...

Flasteel
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Cody shoved Pouncey around something awful in the SEC championship game.

That fat slob was a terror in college. I really hope Pouncey is out for redemption...

Bull****. Pouncey more than held his own vs. Cody every time he played against him. Pouncey didn't give up a sack or commit a penalty the entire season last year and against 'Bama we averaged over 6 yards per carry (albeit very on few carries); most of it up the gut behind center.

Watch the game or at least try to find some convoluted statistic to back up your claim before you start spouting nonsense.

RuthlessBurgher
08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
He's an end

I'm praying legursky or pouncey starts at center, because watching Cody shove hartwig all over will severely suck.

Yeah, but he's a 3-4 end. Tackles tend to block rush OLB's when facing the 3-4, not DE's.

Here is what I expect to happen:

Haloti Ngata will typically line up opposite of Chris Kemoeatu (battle of Tongan heavyweights).

Terrell Suggs will typically line up opposite of Max Starks (Max is actually earning his big contract more than Suggs at this point).

Kelly Gregg will typically line up opposite of Justin Hartwig (or if the teams go young, it could be Mount Cody vs. Doug Legursky instead)

Trevor Pryce will typically line up opposite of Maurkice Pouncey (old vs. young).

Jarrett Johnson will typically line up opposite of Flozell Adams (it might have been Sergio Kindle if he hadn't fractured his skull).

ANPSTEEL
08-02-2010, 04:47 PM
He's an end

Yeah, but he's a 3-4 end. Tackles tend to block rush OLB's when facing the 3-4, not DE's.

Here is what I expect to happen:

Haloti Ngata will typically line up opposite of Chris Kemoeatu (battle of Tongan heavyweights).

Terrell Suggs will typically line up opposite of Max Starks (Max is actually earning his big contract more than Suggs at this point).

Kelly Gregg will typically line up opposite of Justin Hartwig (or if the teams go young, it could be Mount Cody vs. Doug Legursky instead)

Trevor Pryce will typically line up opposite of Maurkice Pouncey (old vs. young).

Jarrett Johnson will typically line up opposite of Flozell Adams (it might have been Sergio Kindle if he hadn't fractured his skull).

I think you are correct- in both alignment- and matchups (I believe he plays RDE)...

Your comment on Suggs is right on... he has been vastly under performing, and there is a lot of scrutiny on him to step it up this season.