PDA

View Full Version : Goodell Policy

Shawn
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Ben accused of a crime zero proof = 6 game suspension
Cable=accused of beating two women and breaks an assistant coaches jaw= no suspension
Young= Class C assault caught on tape= no suspension
Bensen= Punches bar employee in the face=probably no suspension

Goodell covers up the Cheatriots crimes

While I don't believe Ben was an angel I don't believe he should be punished differently than other players or coaches.

I'm hearing some rumors that it's possible that Goodell might pull back Ben's suspension to 2 games. I can only hope.

CanadianSteel
08-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I agree with most fans reactions over this. Heck i'm right with you guys in saying it's insane. But maybe, just maybe the Steelers FO wanted a longer suspension as sort of a wake up call for big Ben. I mean Goodell did meet with them before the announcement was made right? I just don't know any other way to explain the numbers... Anyone?

grotonsteel
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Cable=accused of beating two women and breaks an assistant coaches jaw= no suspension

While I don't believe Ben was an angel I don't believe he should be punished differently than other players or coaches.

I'm hearing some rumors that it's possible that Goodell might pull back Ben's suspension to 2 games. I can only hope.

Inconsistencies in an organization is never good.I think commish needs to suspend himself for damaging the shield.

I heard rumors that the reason Big Ben was given 6 games suspension because of PacMan Jones. But our beloved commish forgot that two wrongs can't make one right.

I think the reason Big Ben is receiving so much support is because of these inconsistencies. Lot of Steelers fans (or atleast the ones i am talking to in NY) think Big Ben was treated unfairly especially when Youngs/Bensons/Cables of the league got nothing.

Crash
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
What policy?

I don't even think Goodell knows what the policy is.

hawaiiansteel
08-01-2010, 09:20 PM
What policy?

it's a discretionary policy and that's something that will always lead to inconsistencies.

papillon
08-01-2010, 10:11 PM
What policy?

As long as the owners allow him to act autonomously with no accountability you will get policy that has little semblance of order or consistency.

Pappy

focosteeler
08-01-2010, 10:25 PM

i was just talking to my uncle (big broncos fan) and he thinks it is bs... he thinks ben should get at the most 2 games, 20 hours community service work. his theory is no charge means nothing over two games. he agrees with the psych test but thats it. he did say that he thinks if ben played for any other team in the league it wouldve been a 2-3 game suspension