PDA

View Full Version : Townsend joins Colts

calmkiller
08-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Deshea Townsend signed with the colts today. News is on profootballtalk.com but it's hard for me to link it because I'm on my phone at the moment.

frankthetank1
08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
this is dissapointing to hear. i really would of loved to see deshea play his entire career as a steeler. i thought he would have retired after last season

feltdizz
08-01-2010, 04:08 PM
this is dissapointing to hear. i really would of loved to see deshea play his entire career as a steeler. i thought he would have retired after last season

I'm happy for him.... maybe that cover 2 will give him a for more years of football.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-01-2010, 04:10 PM
congrats to him.

guy is a class act all they way.

hawaiiansteel
08-01-2010, 04:16 PM
congrats to him.

guy is a class act all they way.

couldn't agree more!

Jooser
08-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Well, at least he didn't sign with the Ratbirds.

:ratsuck

stlrz d
08-02-2010, 12:08 AM

That's the first thing I thought as well.

rpmpit
08-02-2010, 01:33 PM

That's the first thing I thought as well.

Insert "Patriots" and that's the first thing I thought.

Good luck Deshea. Thanks for your play here in Pittsburgh. Sorry you couldn't retire a Steeler. You'll be missed.

ramblinjim
08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Hope Deshea has a great season against everyone except us in the playoff's. He was an excellent, long time Pittsburgh Steeler.

fezziwig
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm happy for him and I would like to see how he does with another team. The guy is another unsung hero that has a great career with the Steelers. I think it was Buress that once said when asked, " who's the best corner you gone up against and he replied Townsend." I don't know if he meant on our team or in the league. In any event, Deshea was a solid player and team member and he will be missed.

I wonder who the next player will be that we will be saying this about him in years to come ?

Some unsung heros in my books are:

Aron Smith
Chris Hoke
DeShea Townsend
McFadden

CanadianSteel
08-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Deshea Was very underrated!!

All the best to him.