PDA

View Full Version : I Predict....

Dee Dub
07-30-2010, 06:11 PM
..the Steelers single season rushing record of 1,695 yards by Barry Foster gets broken this year by Rashard Mendenhall. When you've got Max Starks, Chris Kemeoutu, Maurkrice Pouncey, and Flozell Adams upfront, you are going to be successful running the football. Then factor in the team will be with out thier star QB for 4-6 games with the fact that the team immediately came out after their season was ended last year and stated they were going to re-commit to running the football, I say....Rashard Mendenhal is going to get a heavy does of action. So much so that he is going to bust out and have the single greatest rushing season in Steelers history.

Those four horses upgront are all better at run blocking than they are at pass blocking. And they arent just descent at it. They are going really move defensive fronts this season.

jj28west
07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I would not be completely shocked based on many things you already pointed out. Injury free I see about 1300+yds with the run and 200+yds with the pass thanks to the rediscovery of the RB screen!

The Man of Steel
07-30-2010, 06:34 PM
I predict that Dennis Dixon will be our starting QB by game #2.

Sugar
07-30-2010, 07:24 PM
While I would think that Mendy will have a good season, I don't think it'll go that far. I could see him maybe getting 1500 yards but I think that they will find ways to compliment him. No more running the wheels off the bell cow.

Of course, I'd laugh if the single season rushing record was broken under Bruce Arians.

Steelgal
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
I predict that Ike Taylor will have atleast 2 interceptions this year. Not sure why, maybe just wishful thinking, but I think he'll have a good year.

stlrz d
07-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Regardless of the QB or the OL I don't see Mendy getting more than 1300 simply because of the offense Arians runs.

And remember, the emphasis is on quality running, not quantity running.

Shawn
07-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Dee do you believe Adams has anything left in the tank?

Dee Dub
07-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Dee do you believe Adams has anything left in the tank?

As a run blocker??? Absolutely!!!! He is still a major road grader.

feltdizz
07-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Regardless of the QB or the OL I don't see Mendy getting more than 1300 simply because of the offense Arians runs.

Mendy had 1200 yards in 12 games last year. I see him getting 1300 easy..

but I'll take 900 if we are 12-4.

steelblood
07-31-2010, 03:52 PM
I predict Dwyer will run for 700 yards and 10 touchdowns.

jj28west
07-31-2010, 05:10 PM

I am not a betting man but I predict by the next year or two this kid will be the talk of Steeler town, country, planet, etc.

I am still giddy that we somehow got him.

JTP53609
07-31-2010, 05:36 PM
I said back in early May that Mendy would lead the league in rushing this year...and I still stand behind that. Dwyer will also be a big time producer like most of us think....

Roethlisberger (even though I am not the biggest fan of him) will have a career year in 12 games.. Every time there is doubt about him, he seems to let his game to the talking,

The defense will be much better than last year (not that hard)

we win the division...

stlrz d
07-31-2010, 06:54 PM

Mendy had 1200 yards in 12 games last year. I see him getting 1300 easy..

but I'll take 900 if we are 12-4.

His first 4 games this season are gonna be tough sledding. Teams will be stacking the line. If the suspension isn't reduced I don't even see him getting 1200.

Shawn
07-31-2010, 09:42 PM

I am not a betting man but I predict by the next year or two this kid will be the talk of Steeler town, country, planet, etc.

I am still giddy that we somehow got him.

I'll take that action. I would tell you who I think will lead the league in rushing this season but I must remain silent. FF is in the air. Cant give up all my secrets. :)

Mendenhall should have a very good season. But, the Steelers have a reasonably tough schedule.

hawaiiansteel
07-31-2010, 09:48 PM

I'll take that bet...I believe Mendy will be our short-yardage back who will be getting the TDs, it's highly doubtful a rookie like Dwyer will win that position this year.

Dwyer also tweaked his hamstring on Day 1 so he's not off to a great start.