PDA

View Full Version : Roster Cuts...News Just In..

LordVile
07-30-2010, 01:54 PM
To make room on their training camp roster for the signings of Jason Worilds and Flozell Adams, and to prepare for the signing of Maurkice Pouncey, the Steelers released LBs Johnny Williams and Lindsey Whitten, plus veteran LS Matt Stewart.

Oviedo
07-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Kinda surprised Whitten got cut without seeing him in camp. Either he looked real bad on OTAs or Worilds and Gibson look really good.

costanza2k1
07-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I honestly haven't heard of any of those guys...I hope we sign Pouncey today so he doesn't miss a second of camp.

costanza2k1
I honestly haven't heard of any of those guys...I hope we sign Pouncey today so he doesn't miss a second of camp.

costanza2k1

LordVile
07-30-2010, 02:05 PM

yeah, I haven't heard of them neither. Good riddance! Let's get Pouncey red 2 go..

SteelerNation1
07-30-2010, 02:05 PM
What's more surprising is they aren't IRing rookie chris Scott. I thought he'd be on IR. I can't Imagine
them saving a roster spot until oct for him.

MeetJoeGreene
07-30-2010, 02:23 PM

I wouldn't even mind if you said that a couple of more times!

costanza2k1
07-30-2010, 02:27 PM

I wouldn't even mind if you said that a couple of more times!

don't know what the heck happened there...BTW Pro Football Weekly report Pouncey is signed and on his way...

cruzer8
07-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Steelers agree to terms with Maurkice Pouncey
Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2010 2:27 PM ET
The Steelers have struggled on the offensive line of late, and they addressed their deficiencies by devoting their first-round pick to center Maurkice Pouncey.

Per a league source, Pouncey has agreed to terms, and he is on the way to camp.

Pouncey was the 18th pick in the draft. His contract became easy to finalize given that the player taken in front of him (49ers guard Mike Iupati) and directly behind him (Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon) recently inked their rookie deals.

Financial terms aren't yet available, but it's safe to say Pouncey got much more than $100,000.
~~~
Of course Florio can't resist taking a shot.

birtikidis
07-30-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm surprised by the Whitten cut. I thought he would end up on the practice squad this year. I follow him on twitter. He is ALWAYS at the gym. and he was working with a few really good lb'ers earlier this summer. his cousin is in the NFL.. can't remember who he plays for. I feel bad for him.. he literally tweeted "just got to pittsburgh" and withing like 2 minutes there was a tweet from someone else that he'd been cut.

RuthlessBurgher
07-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm surprised by the Whitten cut. I thought he would end up on the practice squad this year. I follow him on twitter. He is ALWAYS at the gym. and he was working with a few really good lb'ers earlier this summer. his cousin is in the NFL.. can't remember who he plays for. I feel bad for him.. he literally tweeted "just got to pittsburgh" and withing like 2 minutes there was a tweet from someone else that he'd been cut.

Yeah, I picked Lindsay Witten and Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith as a couple of solid practice squad candidates for us on our prediction thread, and neither one even made it to Latrobe.

jj28west
07-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I am shocked by Whitten being cut. I am in UCONN land here in CT and he was a beast at times during decent competition. Maybe not big enough to play LB? Maybe they saw another Davis in him? Oh well...In the front office I trust.

steelblood
07-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Whitten is a head scratcher. I thought he'd get drafted. I was excited when we picked him up.