PDA

View Full Version : The Real Story Behind T.O. Signing with Bengals...

Dee Dub
07-28-2010, 07:34 PM
..is the fact that Chad Ochostinko...really isnt all that. In fact he's probably about the 20th ranked WR in all of football. He is truly one of the most overrated players in all of football. Why the media gives him the attention they do is beyond me. We are talking about a WR who averaged 4.5 receptions and 65.4 yards per game last season. 15 receivers in the NFL last year had more catches that resulted in first downs than him. And the big thing that gets me is that he only had 232 yards all season on YAC. The Steelers have him figured out. Simply keep him in front of the coverage and he isnt going anywhere. A non-factor. Now they've added another non-factor WR (T.O.), Big F'in Deal!

anger 82&95
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Palmer should purchase a crash helmet because Owens is going to throw his a$$ under the bus at the first opportunity.

Shoe
07-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Exactly Dee Dub. This is akin to Andre Hastings or Nate Washington incessantly running his/her mouth... when you got locked up, handcuffed, shackled, pwned, whatever you want to call it, by Darrell Revis like he did last year, with the season on the line and a chance to redeem himself--and OWNED again. WTF does someone have to do to tell this guy, STFU--you are a jabroni. I do agree with your theory too, that this signing is because they know as well as anybody that 85 is not the WR he says he is.

As for TO, as I said, he is similar to Braylon Edwards at this point in his career. His stone hands become a bigger factor, since he now will make less big plays and demand less double coverage. Nothing to worry about, IMO

Flasteel
07-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Palmer should purchase a crash helmet because Owens is going to throw his a$$ under the bus at the first opportunity.

Palmer is a pretty stand-up dude. I don't see anything T.O. could possibly use to attack him.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/carson-palmer.jpg

feltdizz
07-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Exactly Dee Dub. This is akin to Andre Hastings or Nate Washington incessantly running his/her mouth... when you got locked up, handcuffed, shackled, pwned, whatever you want to call it, by Darrell Revis like he did last year, with the season on the line and a chance to redeem himself--and OWNED again. WTF does someone have to do to tell this guy, STFU--you are a jabroni. I do agree with your theory too, that this signing is because they know as well as anybody that 85 is not the WR he says he is.

As for TO, as I said, he is similar to Braylon Edwards at this point in his career. His stone hands become a bigger factor, since he now will make less big plays and demand less double coverage. Nothing to worry about, IMO

Revis handcuff's everyone he covers. The guy runs routes better then the WR's

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Jul 28, 2010

Agent Drew Rosenhaus hints that Bengals signed WR Terrell Owens amid concerns about health of Antonio Bryant

Many NFL observers assumed WR Terrell Owens would not join the Cincinnati Bengals, who signed WR Antonio Bryant to a four-year, $28 million deal in March. But issues surrounding Bryant may be the reason T.O. actually found employment in Cincinnati yesterday.

"From what I hear -- and I don't have direct knowledge on this -- is that they're concerned about perhaps Antonio Bryant's health," Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told NFL Network's Rich Eisen on NFL Total Access on Tuesday night.

Bryant had knee surgery and missed three games for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2009. His numbers plummeted after he caught 83 passes for 1,248 yards in 2008; Bryant snared just 39 passes in 2009 for 600 yards.

Owens, Bryant and rookie TE Jermaine Gresham (plus youngsters Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson) are expected to boost a flagging passing game that failed the Bengals in their season-ending losses to the New York Jets last year, the second coming in the wild-card round of the playoffs.

Rosenhaus said QB Carson Palmer was also instrumental in Owens' signing with the Stripes.

"Terrell had some great workouts last week with Carson Palmer where he really impressed Carson Palmer," Rosenhaus said, "and I think Carson went to bat for him."

Cincinnati's No. 1 wideout, Chad Ochocinco, has also welcomed his new teammate with open arms.

"The Bengals have always been a top choice for him," Rosenhaus said of T.O. "Chad is one of his best friends. Ochocinco is one of Terrell's buddies; they've always wanted to play together, now they get their chance. Terrell's excited about a great quarterback in Carson Palmer, a playoff team -- they won their division -- those are big keys for him. And he was very impressed with (coach) Marvin Lewis, (team president/owner) Mike Brown and the Bengals organization."

-- Nate Davis

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... o-bryant/1 (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/agent-drew-rosenhaus-hints-that-bengals-signed-wr-terrell-owens-amid-concerns-about-health-of-antonio-bryant/1)

Shoe
07-29-2010, 12:58 AM

So--no one told him to talk $hit and run his mouth. And not only did he not hold his own, he got DOMINATED--TWICE--IN A ROW

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2010, 01:20 AM

So--no one told him to talk $hit and run his mouth. And not only did he not hold his own, he got DOMINATED--TWICE--IN A ROW

Revis absolutely owned OchoStinko...

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/12/31/alg_bengals_revis_island.jpg

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Why the media gives him the attention they do is beyond me.

Because rain or shine they know that the guy will flap his gums and provide quotes and entertainment for them to print. That is what the media is after.

Iron Shiek
07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I just love the fact that they signed a second guy that is afraid to get hit and will be taken out of the game mentally once a Ryan Clark missile comes over the top.

They're run game might be tough though.

Oviedo
07-29-2010, 11:08 AM

I heard on ESPN Radio yesterday that Palmer actually pushed for the Bumgals to sign TO. Apparently TO has been working out in California with Palmer during the off season and they have developed a good relationship.

Ocho will be jealous :stirpot

:bungalssuck

Sugar
07-29-2010, 11:13 AM

I heard on ESPN Radio yesterday that Palmer actually pushed for the Bumgals to sign TO. Apparently TO has been working out in California with Palmer during the off season and they have developed a good relationship.

I heard that as well. Palmer wants weapons, Palmer gets weapons. Don't forget that they also have Bryant as well as a studly new TE. Couple that with Cedric Benson running the ball and the Bengals are very formidible on paper.

RussBII
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Palmer is a pretty stand-up dude. I don't see anything T.O. could possibly use to attack him.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/carson-palmer.jpg

That 'shop of that ad made me laugh continuously for 5 minutes. A coworker asked me what was funny... i responded with "Penis penis penis."

I have to go have a talk with HR now. Thanks.

Oviedo
07-29-2010, 12:50 PM

I heard that as well. Palmer wants weapons, Palmer gets weapons. Don't forget that they also have Bryant as well as a studly new TE. Couple that with Cedric Benson running the ball and the Bengals are very formidible on paper.

The problem that the Bumgals have created is that they tried to remodel themselves as a running team last season. Now they add TO, Bryant and a top TE. Sooner or later someone is going to be unhappy they aren't getting the ball. Not a good chemistry situation.

anger 82&95
07-29-2010, 01:33 PM

The first accurate pass that twangs off Mr. Owens’s Roberto Duran-like hands will cause paroxysms of age-inappropriate caterwauling… Then will come the projective name calling and teammate hating.

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2010, 02:46 PM
you just can't make this stuff up... :bungalssuck

Jul 29, 1:35 PM EDT

T.O. MISSES FLIGHT TO BENGALS CAMP

By JOE KAY
AP Sports Writer

GEORGETOWN, Ky. (AP) -- Terrell Owens missed his flight but got his number.

When he finally makes it to town - a little late - he'll be wearing his familiar 81.

The Cincinnati Bengals' latest addition missed his overnight flight from the West Coast and had to take a later one on Thursday, delaying his debut at training camp.

The Bengals had planned on him arriving early in the day, taking his physical and signing his one-year contract while the rest of the team held its first workout. They scheduled an introductory news conference after the morning practice.

The news conference had to be rescheduled for after the evening session. Coach Marvin Lewis wasn't sure whether the 36-year-old receiver would arrive in time to work out.

On his Twitter account, Owens posted a note Wednesday night saying he was headed to see a movie. He didn't explain why he missed his flight on Thursday, but confirmed that his news conference had to be rescheduled.

"My Press conf about my "Decision" 2 take my talents 2 Cincy will b held 2nite after 7pm practice!!" he tweeted, playing off LeBron James' one-hour television show announcing his decision to leave Cleveland.

Owens also misspelled Cincinnati in one of his tweets and was quickly corrected by a follower.

"Okayyyyyy I got it now, 2 n's & 1 t! CINCINNATI!! LOL!" he tweeted.

He'll have to make a donation to keep his favorite uniform number.

Receiver Antonio Bryant got No. 81 when the Bengals chose him over Owens in the offseason, giving him a four-year deal. Bryant said after the morning practice that he had already talked to Owens and agreed to give up his number.

"I'm a realist," Bryant said. "I said, 'Hey, man, I'm not going to make no big spectacle about it. You've got a bigger legacy and a number than I do. I've been on several teams like you, but I've changed my number several times. You've had the same number. I don't need your money. At the end of the day, all I want you to do is take care of one of my little league programs in Miami. Send them a small donation and we'll go from there.'"

With Owens late in arriving, Bryant was a focus of the Bengals' first workout - for his knee, not his number.

He had surgery for torn cartilage in his left knee during training camp with Tampa Bay last year. He was limited to 39 catches for 600 yards and four touchdowns. The Bengals signed him to a $28 million deal, hoping he would provide another outside threat with Chad Ochocinco.

Bryant backed off workouts last month because the muscles around the left knee didn't feel strong enough, causing him to be cautious. He went through drills tentatively on Thursday, never running at full speed. He said he would sit out the evening practice to work on strengthening the leg.

"The only thing I'm struggling with right now is just being comfortable and mentally just putting (the left foot) down and doing what I want to do without thinking, 'Oh, I might feel pain,'" Bryant said. "That's my biggest hurdle right now."

Lewis insisted that Bryant's knee problem had nothing to do with the decision to sign Owens this week. Bryant isn't so sure.

"Maybe so," he said. "But it's a business and there's a purpose behind being here and that's winning championships, and right now we look pretty good on paper, I'll tell you that much.

"I'm a team player. It's all about having the best team. If I owned the team, I would definitely go after the best players if possible, especially with the situation they acquired him. I definitely would have went after the guy."

Running back Cedric Benson fully participated in the workout. Benson met last week with commissioner Roger Goodell about his offseason arrest in Texas on a charge of misdemeanor assault. Benson is accused of punching a bar employee, a charge he has denied.

Benson hasn't heard anything more from Goodell, who could discipline him.

"We had a good talk, a good session," Benson said. "I guess no news is good news."

NOTES: CB Leon Hall did conditioning instead of participating in practice. Hall said he slightly hurt his lower back during a recent workout. ... OT Andre Smith, the team's first-round pick last year, will concentrate on conditioning for the first few weeks of camp. Smith broke his left foot on Sept. 1 last year, limiting him to appearing in six games. ... TE Jermaine Gresham, the team's top pick this year, missed the first practice in a contract dispute. ... CB Adam "Pacman" Jones sometimes covered Ochocinco. After one play, Jones playfully slapped Ochocinco on the helmet and the receiver playfully slapped him back - but harder. Then, Ochocinco talked to him on the sideline. Later, when Jones successfully covered Ochocinco on a play, the receiver gave him a congratulatory high-five.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/ ... TE=DEFAULT (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BENGALS_TO?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Shoe
07-31-2010, 11:59 AM
They are stupid... first for signing all these idiots year afte year after year (TO, Ocho, Pacman, Tank Johnson...), but more...

You have a strong running game. Why try and minimize it, by signing all these past their prime guys?

They try to portray how scary this is, but in reality:
2010 Owens/Bryant/Ocho < 2006 Johnson/Houshmanzadeh/Henry