PDA

View Full Version : OL Pitts visiting Steelers today

SteelerNation1
07-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Just got a text the Texans OL Chester Pitts is in town

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Pitts does have an interesting story. His high school did not have a football team, so he threw discus and shot put on the track team in addition to playing the oboe. While at San Diego State, the big fella got a job bagging groceries, and was noticed by NFL linemen like Kyle Turley and Ephraim Salaam. They convinced him to walk-on to the team, and the rest is history.

Oviedo
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
IIRC isn't he another Guard???

Guards are the last thing we need.

aggiebones
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM
We sign Pitts
Then trade 2 other Gs for 4 FBs
Then we trade each FB for a 7th rounder.
Then we'd trade four 7th rounders for two 5th rounders.

Then we'd trade the 2 5th rounders and our own for a starter tackle from the CFL.
It will be smoother than you think.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Actually guys, he plays both. He was a LT in college and he played LT for the Texans early in his career. I wouldn't bank on the fact they are looking at him to play strictly G. He still got game. A healthy Pitts would be a welcome addition to this OL. RT...Don't rule it out.

SteelerNation1
07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Actually guys, he plays both. He was a LT in college and he played LT for the Texans early in his career. I wouldn't bank on the fact they are looking at him to play strictly G. He still got game. A healthy Pitts would be a welcome addition to this OL. RT...Don't rule it out.
I was just about to post this JPN. Beat me to it. If he is signed, I'd have to imagine he gets 1st crack @ RT. If he can't hack it at RT, then you potentially have a gameday swingman for LG and RG spots.

hawaiiansteel
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Pitts is making the rounds, he visited the OL starved Buffalo Bills yesterday.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/fantasy/08/11/lining.up/t1_pitts.jpg

Sugar
07-27-2010, 05:20 PM
I wonder what he's asking for these days? Perhaps we can get a good deal here.

rpmpit
07-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Not a great talent evaluator like some of you guys. But what better name could a Steeler player have than Pitts?? I say sign him now!!! :tt1 :lol:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Not a great talent evaluator like some of you guys. But what better name could a Steeler player have than Pitts?? I say sign him now!!! :tt1 :lol:

Props on the sig!!!

rpmpit
07-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Props on the sig!!!

Thanks. We've been together a few months now. Besides having great taste in football teams, she's unbelievable in bed!!!! :Boobs :Beer

(Just kidding Mrs. Armpit) :lol:

Iron Shiek
07-28-2010, 08:31 AM
:HeadBanger

TallyStiller
07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Chester was a below average NFL LT. That doesn't mean he couldn't help us fill a need on the right side - and having played for the Texans as long as he did, he might be hungry to play for a winner... depends on what he's in it for. If he's looking big paycheck, he'll undoubtedly keep walking right out of here. But if he wants to step into an opportunity to maybe go to the playoffs and have a chance at winning something, I'd love it if we'd step up to the plate and put a decent offer out there early to meet him halfway and get him in here. OL units thrive on cohesion, and I believe we can build a unit that'll be pretty good by the END of the season, like the '08 group, if we can get that spot settled quickly. Last thing we need is a protracted camp battle and questions going forward, or a situation where we go play footsie with a guy like Flozell Adams, who is going to have a bloated sense of his own monetary value given his history.

SteelerNation1
07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Chester was a below average NFL LT. That doesn't mean he couldn't help us fill a need on the right side - and having played for the Texans as long as he did, he might be hungry to play for a winner... depends on what he's in it for. If he's looking big paycheck, he'll undoubtedly keep walking right out of here. But if he wants to step into an opportunity to maybe go to the playoffs and have a chance at winning something, I'd love it if we'd step up to the plate and put a decent offer out there early to meet him halfway and get him in here. OL units thrive on cohesion, and I believe we can build a unit that'll be pretty good by the END of the season, like the '08 group, if we can get that spot settled quickly. Last thing we need is a protracted camp battle and questions going forward, or a situation where we go play footsie with a guy like Flozell Adams, who is going to have a bloated sense of his own monetary value given his history.
Nice post Tally. I agree 100%. Whatever the Steelers decide to do, do it quickly and go w/ it. We don't need a revolving door at RT, literally.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't call pitts a below average LT. I think you could call him average at worse. If I recall correctly, the Texans OL was in shambles and they had little options at G. Pitts moved inside and Seth Wand played LT...Cause Wand couldn't play G. Wand's struggles got Pitts more time at LT in '05. Salaam was signed in '06 by the Texans. They drafted Charles Spencer, from Pitt, and he started at LT. Pitts went back inside to LG. If you remember, Spencer broke his leg game 2 and pretty much never started in the NFL again. Salaam came in to play LT for Spencer that year. Enter Duane Brown in '08 and Pitts stayed entrenched at LG.

I think what you get in Pitts is a more athletic Essex. Capable of playing inside and out and better feet. Better in pass protection. Maybe capable of giving what Colon gave us at RT if healthy. I think if he is willing and the number is right...Might be the best move. Put Pitts on the list of Essex, Hills, J Scott, Jones, and Foster to compete at RT...I think he is the best on the list. I believe Foster could develop into a real solid RT but I don't know if he is ready for that in year 2. Year 2 is this year and that is what needs to be addressed. I would have no problem with him being signed to play G or T. If he is signed, that might put Hartwig back on the hotseat. You bring in another vet G/T, they need to get rid of one of the C/G swingman. This team would be better with Pouncey, Legursky, & Urbik as the C/G. Hartwig is going nowhere but backward at this point.

LordVile
07-28-2010, 07:32 PM

Your lady sig, gives mine a run for HER MONEY! :Bow

Chadman
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Your lady sig, gives mine a run for HER MONEY! :Bow

Where the Hell did you get that pic of Chadwoman Vile?

ANPSTEEL
07-29-2010, 03:24 PM
per PFT, looks like Pitts is a Seahawk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-seattle/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/29/chester-pitts-heads-to-seattle/)

I didn't really expect the Steelers to sign him...

Here is to hoping Foster turns out to be a hidden gem.

:Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2010, 03:47 PM
per PFT, looks like Pitts is a Seahawk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-seattle/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/29/chester-pitts-heads-to-seattle/)

I didn't really expect the Steelers to sign him...

Here is to hoping Foster turns out to be a hidden gem.

:Cheers

His old line coach with the Texans is now in Seattle, so it makes sense.