PDA

View Full Version : Rats draft pick Cody flunks conditioning test

MeetJoeGreene
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_ ... avens_cody (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_ravens_cody)

WESTMINSTER, Md. – Baltimore Ravens second-round draft pick Terrence Cody has failed his conditioning test and was not permitted to participate in the team's first training camp practice.

The 360-pound defensive tackle out of Alabama signed a three-year contract Monday and arrived at McDaniel College eager to launch his NFL career. But after flunking his physical, he was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list (PUP).

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said, "When he passes the conditioning test, he'll practice."

Baltimore's other second-round pick, linebacker Sergio Kindle of Texas, fractured his skull while falling down a flight of stairs and will probably miss the entire camp.

grotonsteel
07-27-2010, 12:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_ravens_cody

WESTMINSTER, Md. – Baltimore Ravens second-round draft pick Terrence Cody has failed his conditioning test and was not permitted to participate in the team's first training camp practice.

The 360-pound defensive tackle out of Alabama signed a three-year contract Monday and arrived at McDaniel College eager to launch his NFL career. But after flunking his physical, he was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list (PUP).

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said, "When he passes the conditioning test, he'll practice."

Baltimore's other second-round pick, linebacker Sergio Kindle of Texas, fractured his skull while falling down a flight of stairs and will probably miss the entire camp.

I really hope Sergio is fine...

But :ratsuck and i am loving it...

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Jeff Foxworthy saw this coming.

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/terrence-cody-weigh-in.jpg

grotonsteel
07-27-2010, 12:19 PM

man Boobs.... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Oviedo
07-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Who was falling all over themselves wanting us to take this slob? He have blips of great play but overall this guy will fail. The guy will never be more than a two down player and injuries will cut his career short.

If he is bad this year imagine what he will be like next year after an off season with a couple hundred thousand dollars in his pocket. That's lots of baby back ribs!!!!!!

feltdizz
07-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Who was falling all over themselves wanting us to take this slob? He have blips of great play but overall this guy will fail. The guy will never be more than a two down player and injuries will cut his career short.

If he is bad this year imagine what he will be like next year after an off season with a couple hundred thousand dollars in his pocket. That's lots of baby back ribs!!!!!!

I hope he fails against us.. but I think this guy will have a great career.

He ate Pouncey up last year. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2010, 01:24 PM

I hope he fails against us.. but I think this guy will have a great career.

He ate Pouncey up last year. :wink:

Let's play Mount Cody Mad Libs!

He ate [noun] up last year.

No matter what word you put in there, there is a reasonable likelihood of you being correct.

Shoe
07-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Haha--Jeff Foxworthy.
Cody can't pass conditioning tests at 22 years of age, having been drafted two months ago knowing he will want to come prepared to impress and try to fulfill a dream (to play in the NFL), coming off his senior season going from a broke college kid and able to secure his future if he can come to interviews (i.e. the draft process) and impress potential employers--AND HE SHOWS UP IN THIS KIND OF SHAPE?

birtikidis
07-27-2010, 02:28 PM
what was surprising is that the CB they have didn't pass (Walt Harris). they have a ton of guys going on the PUP.
Cody
Harris
Ayenbedajo
webb
Cousins
Reed
Kindel

The Man of Steel
07-27-2010, 02:29 PM

man Boobs.... :shock: :lol: :lol:
This looks like a job for the manzier.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/TheRockPics/manzierseinfeld.jpg

Oviedo
07-27-2010, 02:56 PM
what was surprising is that the CB they have didn't pass (Walt Harris). they have a ton of guys going on the PUP.
Cody
Harris
Ayenbedajo
webb
Cousins
Reed
Kindel

It allows them to carry more players early in camp. I'll bet most of these guys have minor dings they want to heal. So as long as they are on PUP they can carry 7 more live tackling dummies for drills.

They are gaming the system right now. NE did the same thing with Welker.

Northern_Blitz
07-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I hope Cody sucks, but we as Steeler fans should know that passing the conditioning test on the first day of training camp has little bearing on the performance of a NT in a 3-4.

SteelerNation1
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
We aren't talking about the "miss 6 games" PUP list correct?

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2010, 03:45 PM

No...it's the Reserve/PUP list that requires a player to miss the first 6 games. We are still at the point of the Active/PUP list. But if they decide to allow any of these guys to practice at all, and want to put him back on PUP, it would have to be the Reserve list and the mandatory 6 week vacation.

SteelerNation1
07-27-2010, 04:07 PM

No...it's the Reserve/PUP list that requires a player to miss the first 6 games. We are still at the point of the Active/PUP list. But if they decide to allow any of these guys to practice at all, and want to put him back on PUP, it would have to be the Reserve list and the mandatory 6 week vacation.
That's what I thought RB.

birtikidis
07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
It may be that they're trying to bring 7 more guys in... but those 7 aren't allowed to practice until they come off the list. Remember when Hampton was on it... all he was allowed to do was run off to the side.
and ed reed has been dinged up for a while.
Harris didn't finish the conditioning test along with Cody, so, that's gotta hurt them a little.
I'd rather they let the tackling dummies practice then the guys that may actually play.

Sugar
07-27-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm sure that Ngata and Lewis will find was of motivating the rook.

:ratsuck

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I hope Cody sucks, but we as Steeler fans should know that passing the conditioning test on the first day of training camp has little bearing on the performance of a NT in a 3-4.

Maybe...but this is not an 8 year vet who has been to multiple pro bowls....this is a kid who should be gunning to impress.

It shows that he is either unable to get that large body into shape....or unwilling to pay the price. Either way it is not a good sign for him.

Sugar
07-27-2010, 05:49 PM
[quote="Northern_Blitz":3nxv5gaz]I hope Cody sucks, but we as Steeler fans should know that passing the conditioning test on the first day of training camp has little bearing on the performance of a NT in a 3-4.

Maybe...but this is not an 8 year vet who has been to multiple pro bowls....this is a kid who should be gunning to impress.

It shows that he is either unable to get that large body into shape....or unwilling to pay the price. Either way it is not a good sign for him.[/quote:3nxv5gaz]

From your lips...

I can't imagine what it will be like to run on them if both he and Ngata are in the game simultaneously. Those are wide bodies- athletic wide bodies.

Lebsteel
07-28-2010, 12:27 AM
I believe Shawn had a man-crush on Cody and wanted him to be a Steeler. I remember the "Caption This" thread when that photo of Cody first came out. It was hilarious!

Iron Shiek
07-28-2010, 08:19 AM
I believe Shawn had a man-crush on Cody and wanted him to be a Steeler. I remember the "Caption This" thread when that photo of Cody first came out. It was hilarious!

Yeah, who didn't see this (cody failing some sort of conditioning test) coming when that photo came out. Turrible!

Northern_Blitz
07-28-2010, 10:08 AM
[quote="Northern_Blitz":2n1dtv15]I hope Cody sucks, but we as Steeler fans should know that passing the conditioning test on the first day of training camp has little bearing on the performance of a NT in a 3-4.

It shows that he is either unable to get that large body into shape....or unwilling to pay the price. Either way it is not a good sign for him.[/quote:2n1dtv15]

Last year wasn't the first time Big Snack failed the test. Seemed like a yearly occurance at Camp Cowher (except Cowher let him get away with it - see below).

"[Hampton] traditionally has had trouble with the first-day run tests, when he did them. In 2003, he completed the first 10 of then-coach Bill Cowher's test of 14 40-yard dashes the first day. He sat out the next three and linebacker Kendrell Bell ran two of them for him. Hampton then ran the final leg."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08210/900038-66.stm

He has pretty much always sucked at the first day conditioning test, and it hasn't really made any difference in his play. This was actually his defence when he failed for Tomlin.