PDA

View Full Version : Jersey??

focosteeler
07-25-2010, 01:27 AM
My gf decided she is gonna buy me a jersey tomorrow...i think im gonna go d-line with this one....aaron smith or casey hampton???

cant decide, what do you think?

Djfan
07-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Let's meet Monday for dinner and discuss! BBQ at my place?

focosteeler
07-25-2010, 01:31 AM

dang i'd love to but im in houston right now

Djfan
07-25-2010, 01:43 AM

That has to suck.

focosteeler
07-25-2010, 01:45 AM

That has to suck.

yeah much to humid for my taste...i prefer that dry mountain air.

did you get tickets for the denver preseason game?

stlrz d
07-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Get in on it early!

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+Washington+Redskins+mFgjI59J Prul.jpg

SteelerNation1
07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Go to http://www.borntrade.com and buy them both. They're only $25 on that site.

Ozey74
07-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Go to http://www.borntrade.com and buy them both. They're only $25 on that site.

Have you bought any jerseys off this site SN1? These are awfully good prices & would like hear your consumer report before I buy anything.

Snatch98
07-25-2010, 12:50 PM

Have you bought any jerseys off this site SN1? These are awfully good prices & would like hear your consumer report before I buy anything.

Fake chinese rip offs. They may look legit but call me a snob, especially with steeler stuff I only want legit. The actual licensed products also hold up a lot better. And far as the op's question is concerned id probably get Aaron Smith. I'm a hampton fan but you see less smith than big snack. Although I like the ziggy hood idea. He's gonna be a stud and he's not on the backend of his career. Aaron smith or ziggy is my vote.

phillyesq
07-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Get in on it early!

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+Washington+Redskins+mFgjI59J Prul.jpg

Based on a recent scouting report (my Mom saw him at the gym), I can confirm that he is destined for stardom. :lol: :lol:

SteelerNation1
07-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Fake chinese rip offs. They may look legit but call me a snob, especially with steeler stuff I only want legit. The actual licensed products also hold up a lot better. And far as the op's question is concerned id probably get Aaron Smith. I'm a hampton fan but you see less smith than big snack. Although I like the ziggy hood idea. He's gonna be a stud and he's not on the backend of his career. Aaron smith or ziggy is my vote.
I have bought a few from this site. You can tell they aren't the real deal by the size of the letters on the back of the jersey. However, they are very good quality and for $25 you CANNOT beat it. I used to but only the $275 authentics, but then I had three kids and decided this is the better route for now. If you want I can post some pics of my jerseys.

Iron Shiek
07-25-2010, 02:09 PM

I have bought a few from this site. You can tell they aren't the real deal by the size of the letters on the back of the jersey. However, they are very good quality and for $25 you CANNOT beat it. I used to but only the $275 authentics, but then I had three kids and decided this is the better route for now. If you want I can post some pics of my jerseys.

I have to concur with sn1 here. I bought a Troy 75th anniversary and two $hitty Bengals jerseys (for my gf's family members) from jerseychannelone.com. The quality is good enough for the price...they look exactly the same, and are nice. I was worried about quality when ordering too, but its fine.

On that site the shipping is built into the cost of the jersey, so its $41 flat for a jersey (I believe), whereas on borntrade it looks like its $25 + $25 shipping.

I should also note there is quantity discounts (even for 2 jerseys, you get like 9% off, then every so many jerseys it goes up.)

Ozey74
07-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your opinions on the jerseys.

:Cheers

D Rock
07-25-2010, 04:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aaron-Smith-Pittsbu ... 840wt_1137 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Aaron-Smith-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sewn-RBK-Jersey-L-/220641332119?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item335f3f8b97#ht_840wt_1137)

Djfan
07-25-2010, 05:29 PM

That has to suck.

Not yet. Still not sure if it's in the budget. You?

focosteeler
07-25-2010, 05:47 PM

That has to suck.

Not yet. Still not sure if it's in the budget. You?

yeah i think i convinced my uncle to sell me his for cheap since its preseason...hopefully he doesnt change his mind

focosteeler
07-25-2010, 05:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aaron-Smith-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sewn-RBK-Jersey-L-/220641332119?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item335f3f8b97#ht_840wt_1137

i think im gonna go after this one!! thanks for the link!! :D

stlrz d
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aaron-Smith-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sewn-RBK-Jersey-L-/220641332119?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item335f3f8b97#ht_840wt_1137

Dude, people buy replicas and sell them on eBay as authentics. Both of my replicas came with everything described in this auction.

Don't get burned. Either buy a replica or go to a store that sells only licensed gear.

D Rock
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
I see the jersey went for the 49.99 on ebay.

Was it you that got it or did you go with another option?

D Rock
07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
[quote="D Rock":3ivftyky]http://cgi.ebay.com/Aaron-Smith-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sewn-RBK-Jersey-L-/220641332119?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item335f3f8b97#ht_840wt_1137

Dude, people buy replicas and sell them on eBay as authentics. Both of my replicas came with everything described in this auction.

Don't get burned. Either buy a replica or go to a store that sells only licensed gear.[/quote:3ivftyky]

I've bought a bunch off ebay. I'm got them all for around the 55-70 range and I'm very happy with all of them.

(except the one from China for $25 back when I was in high school...I learned that lesson quick)

Djfan
07-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey Foco!

Do you ride a motorcycle? Wifey saw a guy with a Steel City Mafia shirt on the other day, who was riding a motorcycle.

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2010, 10:32 PM

I looked over that site and decided to buy my Dad a Goligoski Penguins jersey...err...sweater...I can't call hockey sweaters "jerseys" even though they are no longer actually sweaters since they are made out of state of the art jersey material...but I digress).

In our last game at the Igloo, he considered buying one, but they were expensive and they only had white Goligoski sweaters in stock and he was looking for a black one. It came out to $60 after the $25 shipping fee. I hope it's nice...the last time I bought him a jersey online, it was a Hines Ward Steeler jersey that I gave to him in our hotel room in Ann Arbor on the morning of SBXL.

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

stlrz d
07-28-2010, 10:34 PM
[quote=focosteeler][quote="D Rock":2pk8w69b]http://cgi.ebay.com/Aaron-Smith-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sewn-RBK-Jersey-L-/220641332119?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item335f3f8b97#ht_840wt_1137

Don't get burned. Either buy a replica or go to a store that sells only licensed gear.[/quote:2pk8w69b]

I've bought a bunch off ebay. I'm got them all for around the 55-70 range and I'm very happy with all of them.

(except the one from China for $25 back when I was in high school...I learned that lesson quick)[/quote:2pk8w69b]

But the point is you're probably buying replicas that you can buy direct for much less than what you're paying on eBay. I'm telling you my Troy jersey had Reebok tags and everything when I got it...and it came from a replica site. It even had a tag that said it was officially licensed.

NJ-STEELER
07-28-2010, 10:47 PM

I looked over that site and decided to buy my Dad a Goligoski Penguins jersey...err...sweater...I can't call hockey sweaters "jerseys" even though they are no longer actually sweaters since they are made out of state of the art jersey material...but I digress).

In our last game at the Igloo, he considered buying one, but they were expensive and they only had white Goligoski sweaters in stock and he was looking for a black one. It came out to $60 after the $25 shipping fee. I hope it's nice...the last time I bought him a jersey online, it was a Hines Ward Steeler jersey that I gave to him in our hotel room in Ann Arbor on the morning of SBXL.

gogo??

i hope the letters and numbers can be taken off easily

D Rock
07-28-2010, 11:29 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3vcvnsti][quote=focosteeler][quote="D Rock":3vcvnsti]http://cgi.ebay.com/Aaron-Smith-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sewn-RBK-Jersey-L-/220641332119?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item335f3f8b97#ht_840wt_1137

Don't get burned. Either buy a replica or go to a store that sells only licensed gear.[/quote:3vcvnsti]

(except the one from China for $25 back when I was in high school...I learned that lesson quick)[/quote:3vcvnsti]

But the point is you're probably buying replicas that you can buy direct for much less than what you're paying on eBay. I'm telling you my Troy jersey had Reebok tags and everything when I got it...and it came from a replica site. It even had a tag that said it was officially licensed.[/quote:3vcvnsti]

I'm not looking for anything they'd wear on the field, but they've all got sewn on everything, reebok tags, stretchy side material, the works. I don't know where you shop and find that for $65, but please help a fellow fan out and let me know if you have a better option.

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2010, 10:37 AM

gogo??

We tend to gravitate toward guys who have come up through the system in Wilkes-Barre (we have had a season ticket plan for the W-B/S Penguins ever since they came to town a little over 10 years ago). For example, I bought a Talbot throwback instead of the Crosby or Malkin version that everyone else wears. He liked the fact that Goligoski had a Polish sounding "-ski" name, since his mother was Polish (he bought a "Polish Steeler Fan" t-shirt from a street vendor near PNC Park a few years ago, and still wears it often).

SteelerNation1
07-29-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm not looking for anything they'd wear on the field, but they've all got sewn on everything, reebok tags, stretchy side material, the works. I don't know where you shop and find that for $65, but please help a fellow fan out and let me know if you have a better option.
DRock,
the borntrade site is legit. Reebok tags and all. I'll post some pics later when I get a chance.

D Rock
07-29-2010, 04:59 PM
DRock,
the borntrade site is legit. Reebok tags and all. I'll post some pics later when I get a chance.

I did some research and found reviews that they openly state they are a Chinese company making knock off products. I've done the Chinese route once and just wouldn't want to do it that openly again. I'll keep taking my chances that the ones sold here in the USofA will at least be of a slightly higher quality materials.

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2010, 06:22 PM
[quote="D Rock":3pta8bqk]

DRock,

I did some research and found reviews that they openly state they are a Chinese company making knock off products. I've done the Chinese route once and just wouldn't want to do it that openly again. I'll keep taking my chances that the ones sold here in the USofA will at least be of a slightly higher quality materials.[/quote:3pta8bqk]

Where do you think those are made? Albuquerque? They are all made in China. Unless you want to pay out the rectum for the offically licensed genuine article (in the neighborhood of 300 bones), you are going to have to decide between poorly made rip-off replicas, and nicely done hardly-can-tell replicas.

NJ-STEELER
07-29-2010, 07:08 PM

gogo??

We tend to gravitate toward guys who have come up through the system in Wilkes-Barre (we have had a season ticket plan for the W-B/S Penguins ever since they came to town a little over 10 years ago). For example, I bought a Talbot throwback instead of the Crosby or Malkin version that everyone else wears. He liked the fact that Goligoski had a Polish sounding "-ski" name, since his mother was Polish (he bought a "Polish Steeler Fan" t-shirt from a street vendor near PNC Park a few years ago, and still wears it often).

thats cool

just think with the UFA signings and brooks and letang signed for the next few years, he would be one of the prime candidates to be moved if they chose to go after a winger

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2010, 08:24 PM
just think with the UFA signings and brooks and letang signed for the next few years, he would be one of the prime candidates to be moved if they chose to go after a winger

Martin, Michalek, Letang, and Orpik will certainly man the top 2 defensive pairs, but with all the turnover on the blueline the last couple of years (losing Gill, Scuderi, Eaton, McKee, Leopold, etc.) we need Goligoski back there to pair up with Lovejoy now. We don't want two brand new inexperienced AHL call-ups on our blueline this year (even though Alex is young, he has sufficient experience to be somewhat of a steadying force there, and he could still contribute on our 2nd power play unit). I don't think they move him until Simon Depres is ready to step in, which is likely in another year or two (all reports are that he's been quite impressive in juniors last year after we drafted him).

stlrz d
07-30-2010, 08:59 AM
This site is now run by the folks who were running jersey101.com

http://www.tarajersey.com

focosteeler
08-01-2010, 09:21 PM

yeah i got it...came in the mail friday, i was out of town and opened it today it looks legit, the only thing is the sleeve gold is different than the logo gold (its more like lemon yellow) and but its not a problem since the sleeves are right on and the logo part is so small....plus for 50 bucks cant complain....thanks for the link!!

focosteeler
08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Hey Foco!

Do you ride a motorcycle? Wifey saw a guy with a Steel City Mafia shirt on the other day, who was riding a motorcycle.

nope no motorcycle :D just that big ugly tundra

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2010, 10:46 PM
The Goligoski Pens jersey I got for my Dad came in the mail yesterday. Excellent quality. No complaints whatsoever. I'm happy with the $60 price tag ($35 + $25 shipping from China)

Djfan
08-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Hey Foco!

Gotta find this guy.

Hope your trip was good.

focosteeler
08-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey Foco!

Gotta find this guy.

Hope your trip was good.

yeah ill keep my eyes open for him. it wasnt too bad, i wouldve like to stay a little longer, i get to come home and start making daily trips up to wyo...i would rather deal with the humidity than make the 2 hour drive to laramie and back twice a day

Djfan
08-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Hey Foco!

Gotta find this guy.

Hope your trip was good.

yeah ill keep my eyes open for him. it wasnt too bad, i wouldve like to stay a little longer, i get to come home and start making daily trips up to wyo...i would rather deal with the humidity than make the 2 hour drive to laramie and back twice a day

Spent the night up there last night. I DJ'd a wedding in Gillette. Long haul, but fun. You work in Laramie?

BBQ coming soon!

stlrz d
08-02-2010, 12:36 AM

yeah i got it...came in the mail friday, i was out of town and opened it today it looks legit, the only thing is the sleeve gold is different than the logo gold (its more like lemon yellow) and but its not a problem since the sleeves are right on and the logo part is so small....plus for 50 bucks cant complain....thanks for the link!!

Do yourself a favor man. Buy right from the source. I can promise you that jersey is from China.

Boomerang
08-02-2010, 12:39 AM
[quote="D Rock":14rwvnts]I see the jersey went for the 49.99 on ebay.

Do yourself a favor man. Buy right from the source. I can promise you that jersey is from China.[/quote:14rwvnts]

Buy from the source? Didn't I read somewhere that you borrow the Direct TV signal from your neighbor 50 miles away and your worried about someone getting scammed? How is that working out for you? Can you see the Steeler games or do you just comment on the highlights you see on NFL network and ESPN?