PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall Chat NFL.com

focosteeler
07-23-2010, 03:41 PM
probably easier to read on nfl.com but whatever...i found some of his responses interesting...especially the one about wallace

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/1019

NFL.com,
Hi everyone. Rashard is here. Fire away!
Zach, Houston, TX2:03 PM ET
Tell us about some of the conditioning work you've done this offseason to prepare for the upcoming season. Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
In the spring time, I've done some cross- training to get ready for the season. In the summer time I've been working with my trainer, and we do more speed and explosion-type training.
Nathan, Kentucky2:04 PM ET
Rashard, who was your favorite player growing up? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
My brother -- Walter Mendenhall -- He was only a year older than me -- but everything he did, I wanted to do --football, basketball, track. He's a free agent running back right now.
sage, rockford,IL2:06 PM ET
What do you think will be the toughest game on your schedule this year? What does it feel like to be a good enough player to make it through high school and college football and now be an NFL player? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
It'a hard to say right now. With the NFL, every Sunday is hard and things change. It's game-by-game, week-by-week. But Baltimore's always a tough game.
Lamar, Tennessee2:08 PM ET
Who do you think should start Dixon or Leftwich? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
Tough to say right now. Probably Leftwich, because he's been there before. Dennis is talented, but it's easier to pick Byron because he's been there before.
Anthony Marra, seminole,fl2:09 PM ET
What defender is the most intimidating to you? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
I don't have to play against him, but I would say Troy Polamalu. And his hair is scary too.
mike j, dublin, ireland2:11 PM ET
Do you believe that the possible international expansion of the NFL is a good or bad move for the game in America? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
I think it's good. It makes the game as big as possible. I think it's a great thing for the game in America because it's good to make the connection to other countries in a different way.
Nathan, Missouri2:12 PM ET
Hey Rashard, what is your favorite hobby outside of football? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
Probably Reading. I like to read, I like to write, have conversations with people. Anything with language. It all starts with reading for me -- It's very relaxing.
Roy, Carnegie, PA2:14 PM ET
What player or coach in the locker room makes people laugh the most? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
Either Hines Ward or Jeff Reed. I might give Jeff Reed the nod because he's a funny dude.
mike j, dublin, ireland2:16 PM ET
Do you feel that the league proposal for an extended regular season schedule is a positive move for the player and for the game as a whole? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
I don't think so. The season is decided in 16 games and I feel like Ray Lewis said it best when he said that we aren't machines and it's a higher risk to play an extra two games.
RCMILLE, VENICE FLORIDA2:18 PM ET
WHEN YOU AND YOUR TEAMMATES WENT BOWLING WHAT WAS YOUR SCORE DID YOU WIN? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
I didn't win anything. My score was terrible. I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't good.
Jacob, Nebraska2:20 PM ET
Do you have any days off on the offseason like weekends? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
Right now I'm in Florida watching the top high school football and basketball athletes, promoting Champion's Athletes' Creed, which is trying to bring back sportsmanship and fair play in sports. We want your input on what sportsmanship means to you -- go to facebook.com/champion and let me know.
Paul, UK2:25 PM ET
Hey Rashard, Who are your best friends within the NFL? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
My brother and probably Mewelde on my team. Or my teammate from college -- Will Davis, who plays for the Cardinals
Chad , Grand Rapids, Michigan2:26 PM ET
What do you think of Mike Wallace taking Santanio Holmes place this year? Is he ready to take on the other teams second best cornerbacks? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
I'm not sure -- He's not really in that same position as Santonio. He'll probably stay in the third or slot receiver.
Craig , Pickerington, OH2:28 PM ET
What do you enjoy most about Camp Tomlin? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
It makes sense. There are not a lot of pointless drills -- It's all focused and geared toward winning.
Scott, Brandon, MS2:31 PM ET
Rashard, what do you think of Primanti Brother sandwhiches? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
I've never had one actually!
pete, new york2:33 PM ET
Is sportsmanship on decline? Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
I feel like it is. Me, and Champion -- with Champion's Athlete Creed -- we want to change that. Because sportsmanship, fair play and fun are all important parts of the game.
Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
Thanks for the questions everyone. Check out Champion's facebook page -- facebook.com/champion and help us write the Athletes' Creed.

Shawn
07-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah that's really really odd. I highly doubt anyone will start over Wallace. What is he talking about?

birtikidis
07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I think what he's saying is that mike will stay in the slot, but would be the #2 guy in two wide sets. Arians propensity for retarded formations and 3+ reciever sets (even on 3rd and short)... i don't think wallace will be considered a #3 receiver, he'll just be moved inside in those sets.

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I think what he's saying is that mike will stay in the slot, but would be the #2 guy in two wide sets. Arians propensity for retarded formations and 3+ reciever sets (even on 3rd and short)... i don't think wallace will be considered a #3 receiver, he'll just be moved inside in those sets.

That doesn't make sense. Last year, even though Wallace was the #3 WR, when he came in for 3-wide sets, either Hines or Tone moved inside while Wallace was split out wide. This year, with guys like Ward, Randle El, Sanders, and Brown on the team, Wallace would be the least likely guy to play the slot role.

ANPSTEEL
07-25-2010, 11:39 AM

That doesn't make sense. Last year, even though Wallace was the #3 WR, when he came in for 3-wide sets, either Hines or Tone moved inside while Wallace was split out wide. This year, with guys like Ward, Randle El, Sanders, and Brown on the team, Wallace would be the least likely guy to play the slot role.

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense at all.

The only logical assumption I could come up with is- if the team goes into the damn bunch formation- and Wallace is in the bunch, with the intent of making it easier for him to get separation.