PDA

View Full Version : ESPN rumor - T.O. to *s

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-17-2010, 01:24 PM
I will be sick if he winds up hurting us. How much gas does he have in his tank, I wonder?

NorthCoast
07-17-2010, 03:50 PM
T.O. is a mere shell of the player he once was. He has lost focus on football and methinks is after paychecks at this point in his career. Anyone watch him in games last season? He drops a lot of make-able catches....just a complete lack of focus.

Snatch98
07-17-2010, 08:25 PM
I have zero qualms with T.O and don't believe he'll have a negative impact on our roster. THe man is a workhorse and he loves the game. When he's been disgruntled it's been for a reason and not just a reason only in T.O's world. He's definitely up there in age but man he's a physical specimen and because of the way he takes care of his body the age on him is different than say the age on Joey Galloway. I'm also not saying Galloway didn't stay in shape but T.O is in a category all his own. I think he could really help the Steelers and I think the Steelers can really help him.

Snatch98
07-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Where was this rumored tho? I can't find it anywhere.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-17-2010, 08:47 PM
I saw it on ESPN as I was walking by a TV.

Here's a link to the topic, it doesn't sound at all like a done deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4210 ... th-parties (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/421051-terrell-owens-and-the-new-england-patriots-makes-sense-for-both-parties)

Sometimes I wonder if we should sign him just to keep the *s from having him!

stlrz d
07-17-2010, 10:54 PM
I saw it on ESPN as I was walking by a TV.

Here's a link to the topic, it doesn't sound at all like a done deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4210 ... th-parties (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/421051-terrell-owens-and-the-new-england-patriots-makes-sense-for-both-parties)

Sometimes I wonder if we should sign him just to keep the *s from having him!

Bleacher Report.

Not_credible_evar!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-18-2010, 08:28 AM

Bleacher Report.

Not_credible_evar!

That may be, I imagine "BR" just plagiarized the espn report I mentioned in the title to this post.

frankthetank1
07-18-2010, 09:26 AM
i would be suprised if he signed with the pats. they say welker will probably be back in september now. i heard that the seahawks were interested in TO along with 4 other teams. unfortunately i doubt very much that the steelers are one of those 4 teams :(

stlrz d
07-18-2010, 10:00 AM

Bleacher Report.

Not_credible_evar!

That may be, I imagine "BR" just plagiarized the espn report I mentioned in the title to this post.

Here's the deal with Bleacher Report. Anyone can create an account there and write "articles". Anyone.

I heard them talking about it on NFLN last night and the only thing they mentioned is TO saying he'd take a pay cut to play for the Pats. I also heard an interview with Welker where he said, "I like the group of guys that we have and I think we're set at WR."

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3tx4k0m3]...

Bleacher Report.

Not_credible_evar!

Here's the deal with Bleacher Report. Anyone can create an account there and write "articles". Anyone.

I heard them talking about it on NFLN last night and the only thing they mentioned is TO saying he'd take a pay cut to play for the Pats. I also heard an interview with Welker where he said, "I like the group of guys that we have and I think we're set at WR."[/quote:3tx4k0m3]

Wow, what a concept. If I had free time and was a budding author, I'd put my stuff there for practice.

Re: Welker - not sure any WR would relish the idea of another very competent wide receiver coming to the team and taking away potential reception$. The TO move is going to come from a FO somehwere (I guess that's pretty obvious, sorry!), I don't think it's likely to be a grass-roots movement from players on any team.

feltdizz
07-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Remember what Hines said when Ben said he wanted a big WR? :stirpot

We still went and picked one up. Maybe we should have listened to him though...

SteelAbility
07-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Well, I was just going to make a "T.O. Anyone" :stirpot post. Oh, well! Personally, I'd be up for the gamble. He may have a bit of the dropsies, but the point is that the D can't rely on that. His presence would strain the D. Just an issue of locker room control.

Djfan
07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
I would like to see him a Steelers weapon. I doubt it happens though.

hawaiiansteel
07-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Steelers would never, ever sign such a self-centered egomaniac...especially now that his skills have diminished.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2rQqgKRpg_4/SW2UcuyvugI/AAAAAAAAAl8/nGELADy_M_0/s400/forget+it.jpg

Jigawatts
07-19-2010, 09:45 AM
The dude drops more passes than Limas Sweed and Braylon Edwards combined.
Why would anyone want to pick him up?

RuthlessBurgher
07-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Because he works out in his driveway better than anyone in history. Next question!

I love me some him. :lol:

Djfan
07-19-2010, 12:26 PM

I think he will catch most, keep the defenses honest and come cheap. Just make it a one year with incentives.

Jigawatts
07-19-2010, 12:42 PM

Because he works out in his driveway better than anyone in history. Next question!

I think that if T.O. was to sign, he'd probably just use his time in Pittsburgh to do research
for his T.O.'s Timeouts children book series. Move over Little T. Learns to Share, here
comes Big Ben Goes to the Potty. :lol:

aggiebones
07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
his hands really have slipped.
He's athletic and can likely play and would be motivated by a contract with a top team. But I doubt a team like this would bother with him.
They didn't last year and they won't this year.
NE is already ready to give Moss the heave ho, so I doubt they sign a similar mind player.
Moss and he don't really like each other. Owens would love to play with Moss only because he would have a job with a top team. Moss would have no interest in reciprocating...unless Moss were out of a job.

RuthlessBurgher
07-19-2010, 01:16 PM

I think that if T.O. was to sign, he'd probably just use his time in Pittsburgh to do research
for his T.O.'s Timeouts children book series. Move over Little T. Learns to Share, here
comes Big Ben Goes to the Potty. :lol:

Ooh...I can see the Caldicott Award for that book now. Imagine all the lessons learned!

No Ben! Don't follow girls into the bathroom! There are different rooms for boys and girls.

No Ben! Don't unzip your fly in the hallway! Wait until you get inside the bathroom.

No Ben! Don't pee on the tree! Wait until you get the clubhouse to use the bathroom.

Uh oh...no paper towels...Let's ask our pal Jeff the Clown about what we should do!

Jeff might also be willing to give us suggestions for how to behave if a friend pees outdoors.

Captain Lemming
07-20-2010, 12:33 AM
People call for us to grab TO every time he is available. I argued against his every time. The Steelers have won 2 SBs, and TO has destroyed two teams since people have been insisting on how much we need him.

Some people never learn. :roll:

hawaiiansteel
07-20-2010, 02:02 AM
People call for us to grab TO every time he is available. I argued against his every time. The Steelers have won 2 SBs, and TO has destroyed two teams since people have been insisting on how much we need him.

Some people never learn. :roll:

:Agree

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2305/72/104/49282572429/n49282572429_1303473_7776.jpg

Crash
07-20-2010, 02:41 AM
If they can put up with Ward's venom towards his own teammates, coaches, and owners, they can certainly handle TO.

frankthetank1
07-20-2010, 08:11 AM
If they can put up with Ward's venom towards his own teammates, coaches, and owners, they can certainly handle TO.

because ward is a lot like TO :roll:

eniparadoxgma
07-20-2010, 12:36 PM

lmao

SteelerNation1
07-20-2010, 01:00 PM
The ONLY way we give TO a sniff is if Ward and wallace both get hurt in Latrobe. Fortunately, for us, he will be signed by then.

ikestops85
07-20-2010, 01:04 PM
The ONLY way we give TO a sniff is if Ward and wallace both get hurt in Latrobe. Fortunately, for us, he will be signed by then.

:Agree SN1. Things would have to be pretty desparate in the receiving department for the Steeler FO to even think about giving Rosenhaus a ring regarding T.O.

Crash
07-20-2010, 01:06 PM

He is. Look at the facts.

If TO were a Steeler RIGHT NOW, and said that Ben's suspension was "justified", what would the media have done? It would have been front page news.

Ward says it, and somehow it's ignored.

Ward has acted very much like TO for the past 8 years. But somehow most of Ward's spew has been ignored by main stream media.

eniparadoxgma
07-20-2010, 01:15 PM

He is. Look at the facts.

If TO were a Steeler RIGHT NOW, and said that Ben's suspension was "justified", what would the media have done? It would have been front page news.

Ward says it, and somehow it's ignored.

Ward has acted very much like TO for the past 8 years. But somehow most of Ward's spew has been ignored by main stream media.

<yawn>

It's real cute that you have such a problem with Ward, but you'll be on that little island all by yourself until the cows come home.

Have fun.

Crash
07-20-2010, 01:36 PM
I have a problem with any player who badmouths the Steelers organization while he's employed by them.

Just wait, after four games, Ward will publicly state that they shouldn't switch QBs and Ben should stay on the bench.

eniparadoxgma
07-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I also think Ward could better serve the team by keeping his mouth shut a lot more than he does. However, to equate him to T.O. is laughable IMO.

hawaiiansteel
07-20-2010, 02:31 PM
I have a problem with any player who badmouths the Steelers organization while he's employed by them.

Just wait, after four games, Ward will publicly state that they shouldn't switch QBs and Ben should stay on the bench.

are you assuming that we'll be 4-0 because that's the only scenario i can envision where anyone might suggest sticking with Leftwich...

Crash
07-20-2010, 07:28 PM

are you assuming that we'll be 4-0 because that's the only scenario i can envision where anyone might suggest sticking with Leftwich...

REGARDLESS of record.

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:08 PM

REGARDLESS of record.

LMAO. Oh. Wow. Oh god, cant....stop...giggling.

You CAN'T possibly believe if we start 0-4 Hines will be calling for Lefty to start over Ben. Really. That's NOT what you just said right? You must think Ward REALLY loves to lose.

Crash
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
You CAN'T possibly believe if we start 0-4 Hines will be calling for Lefty to start over Ben. Really.

Yep. Really. Ward doesn't want Ben on this team because he's worried about protecting his "turf".

Just like after they lost the Baltimore game. Ward professed after that one that Dixon was going to be a "star".

Just wait, you'll come back here and say "Damn Crash, you were right".

hawaiiansteel
07-20-2010, 08:34 PM
You CAN'T possibly believe if we start 0-4 Hines will be calling for Lefty to start over Ben. Really.

Yep. Really. Ward doesn't want Ben on this team because he's worried about protecting his "turf".

Just like after they lost the Baltimore game. Ward professed after that one that Dixon was going to be a "star".

Crash,

I am willing to wager my house and 401k against yours that if we start 0-4 or even 1-3 that Hines Ward will NOT be publicly stating we should keep Lefty over Ben as the starting QB.

Do we have a bet? :Cheers

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:34 PM

If we go 0-4 (won't happen) and Ward tells the media Lefty should still start over Ben (you're insane) I'll take a topless photo holding a sign that says you're my hero and will email it to you.

stlrz d
07-20-2010, 08:45 PM

If we go 0-4 (won't happen) and Ward tells the media Lefty should still start over Ben (you're insane) I'll take a topless photo holding a sign that says you're my hero and will email it to you.

As a back up plan you can email me the photo...that way if it happens and you forget then I can simply send it to him.

I'll PM you my email addy. ;) :lol:

:Boobs

Whooo hoooo!

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:56 PM

Crash,

I am willing to wager my house and 401k against yours that if we start 0-4 or even 1-3 that Hines Ward will NOT be publicly stating we should keep Lefty over Ben as the starting QB.

Your bet is way better than mine.

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:57 PM
[quote]You CAN'T possibly believe if we start 0-4 Hines will be calling for Lefty to start over Ben. Really.

As a back up plan you can email me the photo...that way if it happens and you forget then I can simply send it to him.

I'll PM you my email addy. ;) :lol:

:Boobs

Whooo hoooo![/quote:g5uekxau]

lmao, smart play dude!

hawaiiansteel
07-20-2010, 09:14 PM

Crash,

yeah, except nobody wants to see my house or 401k... :lol:

ANPSTEEL
07-20-2010, 09:43 PM

Crash,

yeah, except nobody wants to see my house or 401k... :lol:

+ a bazillion

for accuracy

:lol:

:Cheers