PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Two Steeler Fans that...

JDSteeler
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
...had a friggin great time at The Mayhem Festival....

Let me back-up. At the last minute, the other person, originally going, cancelled
due to his wife having to be taken to the hospital, Sunday morning for dehydration,
a week before she's due with #3. So now I'm in a panic...who would go with me on
extremely short notice, like the music, and be cool to hang out with for 10+-hrs....

I pick up the phone and call...BDE Steel!!!!! Now I know he's not a fan of Rock
Music, but I was thinking he would go just for the shear craziness of it all. And
I was right, and in fact, saved my azz from having to go SOLO, and possibly sell
the ticket to someone at the concert...uuugghhh!!!

We roll up about 1-pm, park the car, and I proceed to make myself a little beverage...
Stoli, and Red Bull. It was atleast 4-shots of Stoli, and 2 bulls. Within 15-mins, I'm buzzing good.
BDE pours, maybe half the remaing bottle of Stoli into a bottle of
G2. He chugs it down, and we both are gone.

We get inside the main gate, and immediately get a beer. We then walk over to
one of the two outer stages where the 8-preliminary bands are playing, before the
main show.

As Winds of Plague is banging out one of their songs....BDE says "Lets go in front
of the other stage"...and I said..."sounds good"... :Agree

The other band ends, and we are standing just a few feet from the stage. Then
friggin, 3-inches of Blood starts getting after it....LOUD!!!! Within seconds, everyone
from the other stage starts crowding in, and before we know what hit us, dudes and
chicks are getting "Tossed" over our heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BDE and I are going friggin crazy in a mini-mosh pit...maybe more of a crazy pushing
match than anything else, but fun nonetheles.

We get out of there after about 30-mins, and take cover inside a sports bar area.

I'd say, 10-mins goes by, and BDE is almost down for the count...Water in hand,
and head on counter. He tells me, "he's is friggin F'd up"!!! I'm LMAO!!!! So we
hang out in the bar, so he can recover. About an hour goes by, and this Angel...
Angel of Mercy, out of nowhere walks by, and tells BDE to drink this, "it's club soda,
it will "fix you up". He sips it, asks me for another, drinks that....yaks in a cup, and
within 15-20 mins...he's good to go. We later found the "Angel of Mercy", and
thanked her for the kindness she showed....I"m still LMAO!!!!

Fast forwarding now...So we go into the Main Stage seating for the 4-headliners. I
told BDE we were sitting close, but not even I knew how close. We were sitting 10-
feet away from the stage!!!!!!!!!

Up first was 5 finger Death Punch, and they were killing it!!! I was on the aisle closest
to the stage, when the lead singer for 5FDP, sees me rocking, and reaches over the
railing with his fist extended. I take literally, two steps, and "fist-bump" Ivan Moody
during the first song....I call it, The Fist-Bump of Greatness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The music is so loud, that it feels like your heart is gonna jump out of your chest.

The next band was Lamb of God, but I'm not into the Thrash-Metal, so I think we
took off and got something to eat after a only a few of their songs...

Zombie was next, and I thought put on a really banging performance....They came
out in these sick azz skeleton costumes, with fire, and smoke, and it was killer!!
Just before Zombie ended, they blew a million friggin feathers in air, covering all
of us!!!! Unbelievable!!!

I also caught a guitar pick from LofG, and Zombies lead guitarist!!

Then the final performance.....KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stage was set up with two oil-rigs on each side of the stage, again with fire,
and smoke.

KORN was friggin sick!!!!!! They played Here to Stay, Falling, Did My Time, Freak,
Oildale, Let the Guilt Go, and Blind!!!!!!!!!!!!

By far, the best friggin rock concert that I've ever been to, and I'm sure BDE's...
since that's the first rock concert that he's ever been to.....LOL!!!

I'm still recovering from an awesome TOOL concert, so give me a day or so!!!!

Go Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

flippy
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
JD is legendary!!!!!

MeetJoeGreene
07-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Other than Korn, I have heard of none of those bands

cruzer8
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Unfortunately I've heard of all of them. Luckily I don't have to listen to them though.

JDSteeler
07-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Youtube 5FDP....

JD

BDESteel
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Dam! LMAO! Is that what happened? It must have been the beer that did it, cause I barely remember anything other that what happened on the main stage. Beside throwing the two guys that wanted to get to the front of the shoving match I don't remember any of that, including even drinking beer.

I must admit, it was a rockin good time. Rob Zombie was my fav of the day. His stage set up killed all others. And not to burst my man's bubble, but I think Korn lip synched some songs.... And how did dude in the adidas sweats make sound come out of that bag pipe without blowing or squeezing on it? I'm just sayin. :lol:

ROCK ON DUDE! Big Ups JD, youz my dogg 4 life.

LordVile
07-14-2010, 03:32 PM
...had a friggin great time at The Mayhem Festival....

Let me back-up. At the last minute, the other person, originally going, cancelled
due to his wife having to be taken to the hospital, Sunday morning for dehydration,
a week before she's due with #3. So now I'm in a panic...who would go with me on
extremely short notice, like the music, and be cool to hang out with for 10+-hrs....

I pick up the phone and call...BDE Steel!!!!! Now I know he's not a fan of Rock
Music, but I was thinking he would go just for the shear craziness of it all. And
I was right, and in fact, saved my azz from having to go SOLO, and possibly sell
the ticket to someone at the concert...uuugghhh!!!

We roll up about 1-pm, park the car, and I proceed to make myself a little beverage...
Stoli, and Red Bull. It was atleast 4-shots of Stoli, and 2 bulls. Within 15-mins, I'm buzzing good.
BDE pours, maybe half the remaing bottle of Stoli into a bottle of
G2. He chugs it down, and we both are gone.

We get inside the main gate, and immediately get a beer. We then walk over to
one of the two outer stages where the 8-preliminary bands are playing, before the
main show.

As Winds of Plague is banging out one of their songs....BDE says "Lets go in front
of the other stage"...and I said..."sounds good"... :Agree

The other band ends, and we are standing just a few feet from the stage. Then
friggin, 3-inches of Blood starts getting after it....LOUD!!!! Within seconds, everyone
from the other stage starts crowding in, and before we know what hit us, dudes and
chicks are getting "Tossed" over our heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BDE and I are going friggin crazy in a mini-mosh pit...maybe more of a crazy pushing
match than anything else, but fun nonetheles.

We get out of there after about 30-mins, and take cover inside a sports bar area.

I'd say, 10-mins goes by, and BDE is almost down for the count...Water in hand,
and head on counter. He tells me, "he's is friggin F'd up"!!! I'm LMAO!!!! So we
hang out in the bar, so he can recover. About an hour goes by, and this Angel...
Angel of Mercy, out of nowhere walks by, and tells BDE to drink this, "it's club soda,
it will "fix you up". He sips it, asks me for another, drinks that....yaks in a cup, and
within 15-20 mins...he's good to go. We later found the "Angel of Mercy", and
thanked her for the kindness she showed....I"m still LMAO!!!!

Fast forwarding now...So we go into the Main Stage seating for the 4-headliners. I
told BDE we were sitting close, but not even I knew how close. We were sitting 10-
feet away from the stage!!!!!!!!!

Up first was 5 finger Death Punch, and they were killing it!!! I was on the aisle closest
to the stage, when the lead singer for 5FDP, sees me rocking, and reaches over the
railing with his fist extended. I take literally, two steps, and "fist-bump" Ivan Moody
during the first song....I call it, The Fist-Bump of Greatness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The music is so loud, that it feels like your heart is gonna jump out of your chest.

The next band was Lamb of God, but I'm not into the Thrash-Metal, so I think we
took off and got something to eat after a only a few of their songs...

Zombie was next, and I thought put on a really banging performance....They came
out in these sick azz skeleton costumes, with fire, and smoke, and it was killer!!
Just before Zombie ended, they blew a million friggin feathers in air, covering all
of us!!!! Unbelievable!!!

I also caught a guitar pick from LofG, and Zombies lead guitarist!!

Then the final performance.....KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stage was set up with two oil-rigs on each side of the stage, again with fire,
and smoke.

KORN was friggin sick!!!!!! They played Here to Stay, Falling, Did My Time, Freak,
Oildale, Let the Guilt Go, and Blind!!!!!!!!!!!!

By far, the best friggin rock concert that I've ever been to, and I'm sure BDE's...
since that's the first rock concert that he's ever been to.....LOL!!!

I'm still recovering from an awesome TOOL concert, so give me a day or so!!!!

Go Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

I'm glad you blokes had a great time! I missed it this year, but i'm still enjoying the new Korn album. I like it alot.. rock'n roll \m/
:Beer

flippy
07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Dam! LMAO! Is that what happened? It must have been the beer that did it, cause I barely remember anything other that what happened on the main stage. Beside throwing the two guys that wanted to get to the front of the shoving match I don't remember any of that, including even drinking beer.

I must admit, it was a rockin good time. Rob Zombie was my fav of the day. His stage set up killed all others. And not to burst my man's bubble, but I think Korn lip synched some songs.... And how did dude in the adidas sweats make sound come out of that bag pipe without blowing or squeezing on it? I'm just sayin. :lol:

ROCK ON DUDE! Big Ups JD, youz my dogg 4 life.

It's a shame you don't remember the secret rendezvous in the port a john with that hot college chick with the big hoohahs. JD said he guarded the door for you. :wink

flippy
07-16-2010, 11:22 AM

Youtube 5FDP....

JD

I did and they're a decent band, but I didn't like their singer too much. A little too much angst.

What song do you recommend?

I guess as I get older I want the energy of rock music but I want to be inspired by positivity. I guess all I'm saying is as an adult I'm not really angry at anything. But I do like to get pumped up so I'm always on the lookout for new music.