PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin contract details + a positive Woodley update

SteelerNation1
07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Jul 13, 2010 8:55 PM
TERMS FOR TOMLIN CONTRACT
Posted by*mvuk
We've just gotten the first report on Mike Tomlin's new contract. *NFL Network is reporting that he will make an average of $5 million a season starting in 2012.* Interesting considering the Steelers weren't willing to pay that much to Bill Cowher and the fact that Tomlin is willing to take less than Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt.* The Cardinals rewarded him this off-season with a deal that will pay him between $5.5 and 6 million per season.
Comments ( 0 ) | TrackBacks ( 0 ) | Email | Permalink
Jul 13, 2010 7:38 PM
REPORT: WOODLEY ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE
Posted by*mvuk
On Tuesday night's Total Access program, NFL Network's Jason La Canfora threw cold water on a recent ESPN report that (falsely?) indicated the Steelers aren't in any rush to re-sign contract-year linebacker LaMarr Woodley. *The positivity of La Canfora's report was backed up by the Saginaw News on Tuesday.

According to La Canfora, re-signing Woodley remains the Steelers' "No. 1 priority." *La Canfora added that he can envision "no scenario where Woodley is not" a Steeler in 2011, going so far as to predict the Steelers would franchise tag Woodley if such a designation is still available. *La Canfora was adamant that Woodley isn't going anywhere.

The Saginaw News*wasn't quite as strong, but directly disputes ESPN. *According to the newspaper, the idea promoted in ESPN AFC North blogger James Walker's report "doesn't mean the Steelers won't sign Woodley to a new contract. *Once the new collective bargaining agreement is in place, the Steelers are expected to sign Woodley to a multi-year contract."

Granted, no new CBA is imminent. *Woodley could easily wind up playing out this season for his scheduled $550,000 salary, and making it to the winter of 2011 without a long-term contract in place. *However, the latest reports on the organization's feelings about Woodley indicate that he's viewed by the Pittsburgh front office as a building block and potential career Steeler. *Not someone the team is going to let get away.

*Courtesy:* Profootballtalk.com

stlrz d
07-13-2010, 09:28 PM
There's no chance the Steelers are letting Woodley walk. No chance I say!

hawaiiansteel
07-13-2010, 09:35 PM

:Agree

The Steelers will franchise tag Woodley if necessary, but they are not just gonna let him go.

Prowler
07-13-2010, 09:46 PM
To be honest I would not keep either one of these guys. Woodley took the first half of 2009 off before he decided to try. Tomin tried but can't motivate the players and he's a lousy talent evaluator. About the only good thing about Tomlin is he has all the right one liners in the media. Me, I'd rather have a coach than a talking head.

Jooser
07-13-2010, 10:31 PM
To be honest I would not keep either one of these guys. Woodley took the first half of 2009 off before he decided to try. Tomin tried but can't motivate the players and he's a lousy talent evaluator. About the only good thing about Tomlin is he has all the right one liners in the media. Me, I'd rather have a coach than a talking head.

:loser :wft

Jooser
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM

I so hope you're right d, I couldn't stand it if they let one of my favorite players go. He's an awesome asset.

Crash
07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Interesting considering the Steelers weren't willing to pay that much to Bill Cowher

100% right, they weren't willing to pay Cowher $5 million a year.

They offered him $6 million a year instead.

hawaiiansteel
07-13-2010, 10:54 PM

I always liked and supported Coach Cowher, and still like him to this day. Bill Cowher won one Super Bowl during his 15 years as Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Mike Tomlin has been on the job for 3 years now and has already won a Super Bowl as Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. That's pretty damn good, if you ask me.

Oviedo
07-14-2010, 08:20 AM

I always liked and supported Coach Cowher, and still like him to this day. Bill Cowher won one Super Bowl during his 15 years as Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Mike Tomlin has been on the job for 3 years now and has already won a Super Bowl as Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. That's pretty damn good, if you ask me.

Don't take the bait. The guy is a troll who just popped up on the board when Tomlin got extended. The "Ignore" function works great.

ramblinjim
07-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Deebo, Wood & Worilds could be a beastly three-some coming off the edge. Maybe Gibson can contribute too.

frankthetank1
07-14-2010, 10:08 AM

I so hope you're right d, I couldn't stand it if they let one of my favorite players go. He's an awesome asset.

i dont know what i would do if woodley got away. he has always been one of my favorite players ever since he was at Michigan. he is also so young. the sky is the limit for woodley

birtikidis
07-14-2010, 01:40 PM

i dont know what i would do if woodley got away. he has always been one of my favorite players ever since he was at Michigan. he is also so young. the sky is the limit for woodley
Me too Frank. I grew up a Michigan fan, later became a gator fan, but i still love the Wolverines.. If you would have told me that we would have had a chance to get Wood, I woulda laughed.. i really felt like he'd go late 1st really early 2nd, i'm very happy we got him

MeetJoeGreene
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM

We were just talking about things like flame wars and douches from TL... and PRESTO!!!

phillyesq
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM

I'm not sure if there is anybody else whose departure would upset me more. Troy would be close, and as much as I love Harrison, Ward and some of the other vets, I think Woodley leaving would be the toughest blow to deal with.

RuthlessBurgher
07-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I'd rather have a coach than a talking head.

I'd rather have a Talking Head.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/308873_o.gif

...same as it ever was...

birtikidis
07-14-2010, 02:13 PM

I'm not sure if there is anybody else whose departure would upset me more. Troy would be close, and as much as I love Harrison, Ward and some of the other vets, I think Woodley leaving would be the toughest blow to deal with.
Troy would be toughest for me. he brings so much to the field, locker room and community... but damn, woodley would be right there with him.

ANPSTEEL
07-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Troy would be toughest for me. he brings so much to the field, locker room and community... but damn, woodley would be right there with him.

I agree with you, Troy right now would be a killer. There is no one on the roster that could replace what he brings to the D.

Losing Woodley would suck, but he could likely be replaced- (hence the 2 OLBs drafted this season.)

Don't get me wrong- I absolutely want the team to resign 56- I'm just pointing out that that he may be replaceable - and the team appears to have taken precautionary measures in case he does leave.

On a side note- what will really drive me nuts- is if/when Timmons leaves and becomes an absolute stud - in a different D. (4-3 MLB) Actually, he could play OLB in a 4-3 as well.

Prowler
07-14-2010, 03:20 PM

We were just talking about things like flame wars and douches from TL... and PRESTO!!!

No flame wars whatsoever at my end. You guys all seem nice. If having a different opinion then the norm means I'm a douche, well then I guess I am one. In any event, have a great day MJG and I can't wait for the season to start so I can impress you with my lack of knowledge of the game. :wink: