PDA

View Full Version : Florio at it again

cruzer8
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Posted a rumor that Ben is in trouble for peeing under a tree on a golf course in Columbus, OH. Turns out someone in Ben's foursome (not Ben) peed under a tree, a woman saw it and complained.

So I suppose Ben shouldn't play golf with guys who pee on golf courses now?

Mister Pittsburgh
07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Ben Roethlisberger: Big Ben caught urinating on golf course?
Ben Roethlisberger - QB - PIT - Jul. 13 - 11:26 am et
Profootballtalk.com passes along "rumors" that suspended Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was recently caught urinating on a Columbus (OH) golf course by a woman who supposedly now intends to press charges.
PFT's Mike Florio acknowledges that this is all rumor for now, and that the main source of the story is "multiple emails over the past two days." However, Florio does have a legitimate source who's confirmed Roethlisberger indeed was golfing in Columbus. The same source claims Big Ben was not the person urinating -- it was another member of Roethlisberger's foursome. Jul. 13 - 11:26 am et
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

A civilian pressing charges for someone peeing? People are retarded. Anyway, I pray it was someone other than Ben.

Here is some more on it....

Rumors fly of new Roethlisberger golf course incident
Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2010 11:19 AM ET
We've received multiple e-mails over the past two days from folks sharing rumors of a new incident involving Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and a body part other than his heart.

As the rumor goes (and it's spreading quickly), Roethlisberger was golfing in Columbus, Ohio, and he urinated on the course. Though it's not an uncommon event (I guess I can admit to it now since I haven't golfed in at least 14 years, which likely exceeds all applicable statutes of limitation), the complicating factor in this case arose from the fact (supposedly) that a woman witnessed the incident, that she complained about it, and that she now wants to press charges.

We've temporarily donned our journalism fedora (it even has a card sticking out of the ribbon that says "PRESS"), and we've learned from a source close to Roethlisberger that he was indeed golfing in Columbus, Ohio but that another member of his foursome peed under a tree, prompting a complaint from a woman.

Per the source, Roethlisberger got involved and helped to calm the woman down. (Hopefully, not with shots.)

So while, for now, it appears that Roethlisberger won't have to whip out the uromysitisis poisoning defense in order to avoid further scrutiny from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben may not be out of the woods. Just like the Mike Vick bang-bang birthday party, the incident can attract the kind of scrutiny that potentially leads to information prompting further punishment from Goodell -- or, possibly, a decision not to reduce Roethlisberger's suspension from six games to four.

siss
07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
ummm ****...thats not good :? :shock: :roll: :HeadBanger

cruzer8
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
We've temporarily donned our journalism fedora (it even has a card sticking out of the ribbon that says "PRESS"), and we've learned from a source close to Roethlisberger that he was indeed golfing in Columbus, Ohio but that another member of his foursome peed under a tree, prompting a complaint from a woman.

Like I said in the thread I started, he's now not supposed to golf with people who pee under trees on golf courses???

:roll:

What's truly sad is how this rumor got started. People from Pittsburgh actually emailing Florio to tell him that Ben was caught peeing on a golf course, which as it turns out, isn't even true.

frankthetank1
07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
this just in: Big ben double dipped a chip at a party over the weekend!! peeing on a golf course, is that even a crime? i dont golf but i would doubt huge golf courses have porto pottys. what are you suppose to do piss your pants?

cruzer8
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
PFT is the TMZ of the football world.

Mister Pittsburgh
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, this is ridiculous. I would choke some woman to death if I had to pee on the back 9, went down behind a tree and she happened to see me from 50 yards away, and she wanted to press charges!!!!! Press freaking charges??????? Are you kidding me? I guarantee the skank was a Bungles ho.

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Posted a rumor that Ben is in trouble for peeing under a tree on a golf course in Columbus, OH. Turns out someone in Ben's foursome (not Ben) peed under a tree, a woman saw it and complained.

Were you there? :stirpot

calmkiller
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
This is right up there with the dumbest things I have ever heard.

cruzer8
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM

Florio confirmed it with a source at the golf course. :roll:

SteelHoss
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Its not the 1st time somone has had to go on the front nine or back nine (definitely an understatement). Unfortunate the dude got caught. Very happy it was not Ben! :tt1

Jigawatts
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I would expect this kind of thing from a guy like Matt Spaeth, not a professional football player.

frankthetank1
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
I would expect this kind of thing from a guy like Matt Spaeth, not a professional football player.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM
The woman had a DTWGP (down to watch guys pee) shirt. She's also in a sorority and her sisters concocted the whole story.

Apparently Ben is not safe around women in or out of a bathroom stall.

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
After he was finished doing his business, I sure hope that he used the ball washer. :P

flippy
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
After he was finished doing his business, I sure hope that he used the ball washer. :P

That's probably the gist of the pickup line he uses when he flashes girls on the course. He should stick to golfing with Natalie.

siss
07-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Police investigated Big Ben foursome

Police in Dublin, Ohio, today confirmed they investigated a complaint that a member of a golfing foursome that included Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was caught urinating behind a tree bordering the prestigious Muirfield Village Golf Club.

Dublin police said they did not issue any citations. The female property owner didn't want to press charges.

Roethlisberger was not the person seen urinating Thursday afternoon between the 17th and 18th holes and the country club agreed to handle the matter by reminding members to use restrooms, according to the police.

"We received a call that said a member of the party urinated on private property," said Dublin police spokesman David Ball. "We spoke to the golf course and they agreed to discuss this issue internally with their members."

Police didn't interview the foursome friends from Roethlisberger's hometown of Findlay, Ohio and they played through the 18 holes.

The NFL and Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, declined to comment.

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 02:59 PM

Oh.... So now Florio is credible? :stirpot

grotonsteel
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Crash
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Dublin police said they did not issue any citations. The female property owner didn't want to press charges. Roethlisberger was not the person seen urinating Thursday afternoon between the 17th and 18th holes and the country club agreed to handle the matter by reminding members to use restrooms, according to the police
-----------------------------------

THE END

Jom112
07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Police investigated Big Ben foursome

:lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Dublin police said they did not issue any citations. The female property owner didn't want to press charges. Roethlisberger was not the person seen urinating Thursday afternoon between the 17th and 18th holes and the country club agreed to handle the matter by reminding members to use restrooms, according to the police
-----------------------------------

THE END

So this should be 6-8 games or do you think more? :lol

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Okay, I'll start the joke...

Ben Roethlisberger, Ben's golfing buddy from Findlay, Matt Spaeth, Jeff Reed, and R. Kelly enter a bathroom...

Let's see who can come up with the best punchline...

flippy
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM

Ben Roethlisberger, Ben's golfing buddy from Findlay, Matt Spaeth, Jeff Reed, and R. Kelly enter a bathroom...

that sounds like the punchline to me

Jooser
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Board admins, can we get a smiley holding a sign that says "Florio Sucks"? It would probably be the most used smiley in the offseason, no scratch that, all the time sounds about right.

:Hater

Besides, it's been hot lately and the course needed a little sprinkling anyways. :wink:

D Rock
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Inside stalls: Trouble.

Outside under a tree: Trouble.

Ben and anyone he's ever met or might be seen with in the future should just avoid excretory processes all together.

cruzer8
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM

When he sites a source that turns out to be creditible he is. On his own he is not. Pretty simple really.

Crash
07-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Ohio authorities last week investigated a complaint that a member of Ben Roethlisberger's golfing foursome urinated publicly on the Country Club at Muirfield course.

Dublin police said today that the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback didn't create the water hazard Friday behind a pine tree between the 17th and 18th holes of the course, which borders but isn't affiliated with a Jack Nicklaus-built course that's home to the PGA's Memorial Tournament.

Instead, it was one of three unnamed friends from Big Ben's hometown of Findlay, Ohio. The woman making the complaint didn't want to press charges and no citations were issued, according to Dublin police spokesman David Ball.

"We received a call that said a member of the party urinated on private property," Ball said. "We spoke to the golf course and they agreed to discuss this issue internally with their members."

According to the incident report released to the Trib by the Dublin police, a woman phoned the golf club, then police, at 6:53 p.m. to complain about a tall white man wearing a blue golf shirt and khaki shorts who was seen "urinating into some trees."

The police paperwork shows that a woman at the pro shop told the caller "it was Ben Roethlisberger," although officials later disputed it was Big Ben.

Roethlisberger's group played through without meeting with officers. A golf pro sent to investigate the issue never located his group, but the club issued a reminder to members to use public restrooms and not nearby flora when nature called. The entire flap was settled by 7:16 p.m. Friday, according to authorities.

Country club executives, Roethlisberger's agent Ryan Tollner and the Steelers declined to comment publicly on the latest incident tied to the quarterback.

In March, a Georgia College and State University sophomore accused him of raping her in a staff restroom of a popular Milledgeville dance club, but detectives found no evidence to arrest him.

That didn't stop National Football League Commissioner from tackling Big Ben with a conditional suspension that could last as long as six games, depending on the quarterback's conduct.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to comment.

kiwi_sarah
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM

......The Aristocrats!

hawaiiansteel
07-13-2010, 06:41 PM
and this whole time i thought that's what all those trees on a golf course were for...

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/IGS/IGS582/man-caught-urinating_~IS915-012.jpg

AngryAsian
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
... I'm trying to comment... but the "ball wash" comment has me still chuckling. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 07:46 PM

When he sites a source that clears Ben he is. On his own he is not. Pretty simple really.

fixed it for ya :wink:

Crash
07-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Is Terry Bradshaw still dead?

Flasteel
07-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Ben Roethlisberger, Ben's golfing buddy from Findlay, Matt Spaeth, Jeff Reed, and R. Kelly enter a bathroom...with only 1 stall. Who is the only one of the group to use the toilet and why.

fezziwig
07-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Too bad Florio isn't carrying a torch for Mel Gibson, maybe then he will focus on something other than Ben.

Mel, should go back and read his script to the movie, What a women wants.

fordfixer
07-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Per the source, Roethlisberger got involved and helped to calm the woman down.

Ben did it and payed her off to drop the charges :roll:

DukieBoy
07-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Board admins, can we get a smiley holding a sign that says "Florio Sucks"? It would probably be the most used smiley in the offseason, no scratch that, all the time sounds about right.

:Hater

Besides, it's been hot lately and the course needed a little sprinkling anyways. :wink:

This pic may be a model for the suggested smiley ...
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/DukieBoy-Steelers/skeleton.jpg