PDA

View Full Version : I was in the Strip Distric this weekend...

feltdizz
07-12-2010, 08:37 PM
my whole family met up at Primanti's and had lunch then we walked up to the Yinzer store and saw this T shirt...

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/legzdiamond/IMG00162.jpg

Flasteel
07-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Thank God you didn't see Roethlisberger out wearing it in the strip district.

Gotta love the marketing. :D

kiwi_sarah
07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
lmao :twisted:

RuthlessBurgher
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
What a disgrace!!!

(we all know that Ben wears the new Riddell Revolution helmet now)

:P

stlrz d
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Had to be a special treat for a known Ben hater. Did you call your sister up and remind her of the comment she made about Ben after he threw the winning TD pass against the Packers...just so the two of you could revel in your hate for Ben together? Or was she there with you so y'all could enjoy it together?

kiwi_sarah
07-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Huh. That's not what this tee is supposed to be right? Something for Ben haters to wear? Cos, I didn't take it that way at all. I kinda thought it was making fun of the whole thing, especially the attention that was paid to the shirt he was wearing - taking it back (Clerks II style!).

Different strokes I guess.

stlrz d
07-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Huh. That's not what this tee is supposed to be right? Something for Ben haters to wear? Cos, I didn't take it that way at all. I kinda thought it was making fun of the whole thing, especially the attention that was paid to the shirt he was wearing - taking it back (Clerks II style!).

felt is a known Ben hater from way back in the Trib Live forum days.

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 12:14 AM

:Clap

bravo...

some people are just too uptight.

hawaiiansteel
07-13-2010, 12:23 AM
[quote="feltdizz"]my whole family met up at Primanti's and had lunch then we walked up to the Yinzer store and saw this T shirt...

so how was lunch at Primanti's? i plan on visiting Pittsburgh soon and was wondering if it's worth going to?

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Had to be a special treat for a known Ben hater. Did you call your sister up and remind her of the comment she made about Ben after he threw the winning TD pass against the Packers...just so the two of you could revel in your hate for Ben together? Or was she there with you so y'all could enjoy it together?

Didn't I say I was with the whole family Marty? Use your inside tone when you speak to me son... and you better stay out of the Burgh like you promised you :loser

Not only did I enjoy it I bought it... if you pull that pineapple out of your brown eye you would see the twist to the T shirt.

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 12:28 AM
my whole family met up at Primanti's and had lunch then we walked up to the Yinzer store and saw this T shirt...

so how was lunch at Primanti's? i plan on visiting Pittsburgh soon and was wondering if it's worth going to?

It is very good... 9 people and everyone liked what they orders. It's not as heavy as you would imagine. I recommend the Pistrami.

flippy
07-13-2010, 06:38 AM

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/legzdiamond/IMG00162.jpg

Nice shirt. :lol

stlrz d
07-13-2010, 08:03 AM

Didn't I say I was with the whole family Marty? Use your inside tone when you speak to me son... and you better stay out of the Burgh like you promised you :loser

Not only did I enjoy it I bought it... if you pull that pineapple out of your brown eye you would see the twist to the T shirt.

You wouldn't see a twist if it walked up to you and introduced itself as such. Everyone knows you're a Ben hater and had Kiwi not posted her take you'd be finding another spin.

But that's fine...lets run with that then. So to borrow a phrase from your sister, and going with this "twist" Kiwi was able to provide for you, "There's no way Ben will ever be humble after seeing that shirt."

:roll:

steelblitz
07-13-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.believemerch.com/product/inculpatus-diabolus

good stuff

Oviedo
07-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Where can I get one??????

steelblitz
07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Where can I get one??????
http://www.believemerch.com/product/inculpatus-diabolus

flippy
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Had to be a special treat for a known Ben hater.

The fact that they make one in black and gold colors says to me it was meant as humor and intended for Steelers fans.

The devil is a Big Ben fan. What does that have to do with hate? There are also jokes about God being a Steelers fan to balance it out.

Lucky for us shmucks, we win either way.

cruzer8
07-13-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't think any true Steelers fan would ever wear something like that. It is clearly a shot at Ben. I've been to the Strip District many times and they have a ton of things down there that are in poor taste. Add this to the list.

flippy
07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think any true Steelers fan would ever wear something like that. It is clearly a shot at Ben. I've been to the Strip District many times and they have a ton of things down there that are in poor taste. Add this to the list.

It's not like it says "Big Ben is DTF". Although I wouldn't see a problem with that either.

It's just a good ribbing. That's common in sports. If you can't laugh at yourself, you deserve to be laughed at.

Hines should roll up to training camp wearing this shirt with the "devil inside" blaring from his car stereo.

JDSteeler
07-13-2010, 11:39 AM

Last season, I took my wife and daughter to Primanti's, for their first time. They are both extremely picky!!!

I like the way Primanti makes the sandwiches...with meat (Best Pastrami EVER!!!), cheese, steak fries, and coleslaw...all together in between two slices of Sourdough French Bread!!!!! Yummy!!

My daughter absolutely fell in love with pastrami....and cheese, but fries on the side, and
no coleslaw. The wife went with Turkey..and cheese, with fries on the side, and no
coleslaw.

Dude, this sandwich is friggin the best, any way you order it....

We went back to Primanti's once a day until the end of our 4-night trip.

JD

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 12:53 PM

:Blah :Blah :Blah

That's like saying Ben is a devil worshiper for wearing the original shirt.

cruzer8
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM

:Blah :Blah :Blah

That's like saying Ben is a devil worshiper for wearing the original shirt.

No, it's not anything like that. Not at all.

hawaiiansteel
07-13-2010, 02:45 PM

Last season, I took my wife and daughter to Primanti's, for their first time. They are both extremely picky!!!

I like the way Primanti makes the sandwiches...with meat (Best Pastrami EVER!!!), cheese, steak fries, and coleslaw...all together in between two slices of Sourdough French Bread!!!!! Yummy!!

My daughter absolutely fell in love with pastrami....and cheese, but fries on the side, and
no coleslaw. The wife went with Turkey..and cheese, with fries on the side, and no
coleslaw.

JD

JD and felt, thank you both very much for your culinary reviews... :Cheers

I just wanted to be careful because my wife and daughter are also very picky when it comes to food, but I'm definitely going to Primanti's now when i next visit Pittsburgh.

flippy
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM

coleslaw.

JD

I just wanted to be careful because my wife and daughter are also very picky when it comes to food, but I'm definitely going to Primanti's now when i next visit Pittsburgh.

I'd go. It's definitely an experience. But they may not like it.

I'm not a picky eater and I don't really like it when I'm not drunk and sobering up. We'd go there late night after a night out at the bars but I'd never been there in the day until one time I took some newbies and they weren't big into it. And I wasn't really as impressed as the many times I'd been there before.

You can always share a sammich midday and have a nice meal later.

If you can knock back a few ICs beforehand, I guarantee it will taste better.

grotonsteel
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Hines should roll up to training camp wearing this shirt with the "devil inside" blaring from his car stereo.

Not Hines....I think it should be Jeff Reed.

Dee Dub
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Shouldn't I get some kind of royalties on the sale of this tee-shirt? After all it was my post that made this whole thing blow up wasnt it?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah....as a Christian man I wouldn't want to go down that path of making that kind of a deal.
:wink:

kiwi_sarah
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1b8t4szg]Had to be a special treat for a known Ben hater. Did you call your sister up and remind her of the comment she made about Ben after he threw the winning TD pass against the Packers...just so the two of you could revel in your hate for Ben together? Or was she there with you so y'all could enjoy it together?

You wouldn't see a twist if it walked up to you and introduced itself as such. Everyone knows you're a Ben hater and had Kiwi not posted her take you'd be finding another spin.

But that's fine...lets run with that then. So to borrow a phrase from your sister, and going with this "twist" Kiwi was able to provide for you, "There's no way Ben will ever be humble after seeing that shirt."

:roll:[/quote:1b8t4szg]

Uh, I'm not his keeper. I just posted my take on the shirt - it was actually directed at you, because I was surprised you thought it was a slam on Ben. I was looking for your take on it.

Personally, I found it hilarious, because the first thing it brought to mind (for me) was the whole "Ben should not be promoting the devil" thing which I had initially found funny. It's like, there's this whole big s%#tstorm brewing...but OMG did you see the shirt he wore? It was ridiculous to focus on that then, and given everything we know now....I'm ok with making light of it.

As I said before....different strokes. Everyone will look at something like that and have a different opinion. It won't matter in the long run, it's a flash-in-the-pan marketing idea that's making someone a lot of $ in the short term.

hawaiiansteel
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM

coleslaw.

JD

I'd go. It's definitely an experience. But they may not like it.

I'm not a picky eater and I don't really like it when I'm not drunk and sobering up. We'd go there late night after a night out at the bars but I'd never been there in the day until one time I took some newbies and they weren't big into it. And I wasn't really as impressed as the many times I'd been there before.

You can always share a sammich midday and have a nice meal later.

If you can knock back a few ICs beforehand, I guarantee it will taste better.

I can do that... :lol: :Cheers

feltdizz
07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
[quote="stlrz d":f7z8mseu]Had to be a special treat for a known Ben hater. Did you call your sister up and remind her of the comment she made about Ben after he threw the winning TD pass against the Packers...just so the two of you could revel in your hate for Ben together? Or was she there with you so y'all could enjoy it together?

:roll:[/quote:f7z8mseu]

You are scary ignorant. I don't hate Ben... you just love him so much you take any criticism or ribbing of Ben as hate. Are you related to Smartmonies?

Please stay away from the Burgh like you promised.

stlrz d
07-13-2010, 08:15 PM
[quote=feltdizz][quote="stlrz d":2rf8w9rd]Had to be a special treat for a known Ben hater. Did you call your sister up and remind her of the comment she made about Ben after he threw the winning TD pass against the Packers...just so the two of you could revel in your hate for Ben together? Or was she there with you so y'all could enjoy it together?

:roll:[/quote:2rf8w9rd]

Uh, I'm not his keeper. I just posted my take on the shirt - it was actually directed at you, because I was surprised you thought it was a slam on Ben. I was looking for your take on it.

Personally, I found it hilarious, because the first thing it brought to mind (for me) was the whole "Ben should not be promoting the devil" thing which I had initially found funny. It's like, there's this whole big s%#tstorm brewing...but OMG did you see the shirt he wore? It was ridiculous to focus on that then, and given everything we know now....I'm ok with making light of it.

As I said before....different strokes. Everyone will look at something like that and have a different opinion. It won't matter in the long run, it's a flash-in-the-pan marketing idea that's making someone a lot of $ in the short term.[/quote:2rf8w9rd]

Never said you were his keeper. But if you hadn't posted your take he would have had to come up with something else. He's not smart enough to think of something like that. That's all I was sayin'.

Like I posted before, he's a Ben hater from wayyyyyy back. There's a history there and folks who came here from the trib live forum know exactly what I'm talking about.

kiwi_sarah
07-13-2010, 08:26 PM
[quote="stlrz d":32pcthtu][quote=feltdizz][quote="stlrz d":32pcthtu]Had to be a special treat for a known Ben hater. Did you call your sister up and remind her of the comment she made about Ben after he threw the winning TD pass against the Packers...just so the two of you could revel in your hate for Ben together? Or was she there with you so y'all could enjoy it together?

:roll:[/quote:32pcthtu]

As I said before....different strokes. Everyone will look at something like that and have a different opinion. It won't matter in the long run, it's a flash-in-the-pan marketing idea that's making someone a lot of $ in the short term.[/quote:32pcthtu]

Never said you were his keeper. But if you hadn't posted your take he would have had to come up with something else. He's not smart enough to think of something like that. That's all I was sayin'.

Like I posted before, he's a Ben hater from wayyyyyy back. There's a history there and folks who came here from the trib live forum know exactly what I'm talking about.[/quote:32pcthtu]

If you just called me smart...then sweet :D

Every Steeler's board I've been a member of originated from "The Trib". It's reached mythical status in my mind as this hotbed of flaming and douche-tastic photoshop worthy posters with "Mr" as part of their screen name. Sad I missed it.

Flasteel
07-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Every Steeler's board I've been a member of originated from "The Trib". It's reached mythical status in my mind as this hotbed of flaming and douche-tastic photoshop worthy posters with "Mr" as part of their screen name. Sad I missed it.

Hmmm...douche-tastic, Photoshop-worthy, and has Mr. in their screen name.

I wonder who that could be? :D

There were some fantastic 100 post flame wars over at the Trib board. As much as I love this site, I do kind of miss the spice those "debates" brought.

I love douch-tastic by the way. A very nice complement to douchebaggery.

stlrz d
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
If you just called me smart...then sweet :D

:wink:

eniparadoxgma
07-13-2010, 09:41 PM
There were some fantastic 100 post flame wars over at the Trib board. As much as I love this site, I do kind of miss the spice those "debates" brought.

Hmm...

http://a.imageshack.us/img196/4229/nukeflorida.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/nukeflorida.jpg/)

:tt2

Flasteel
07-13-2010, 09:51 PM

Hmm...

http://a.imageshack.us/img196/4229/nukeflorida.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/nukeflorida.jpg/)

Easy now. That might catch the oil on fire.

ramblinjim
07-14-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm going to have to try and incorporate douche-tastic into my every day vocabulary somehow.

eniparadoxgma
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM

Hmm...

Just trying to incite one of those hardcore flame wars. (Oh hells yeah look at that pun, w00t!) :)

ikestops85
07-14-2010, 10:33 AM

It's not like it says "Big Ben is DTF". Although I wouldn't see a problem with that either.

It's just a good ribbing. That's common in sports. If you can't laugh at yourself, you deserve to be laughed at.

Yes, Hines should be wearing the shirt but it should be Charlie Daniels blaring out of the stereo ... you know, The Devil Went Down to Georgia. :lol: :lol:

flippy
07-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Every Steeler's board I've been a member of originated from "The Trib". It's reached mythical status in my mind. Sad I missed it.

Ahhhh, "The Trib"....the good ole days.....

We Steelers fans are a nostalgic bunch.

Always longing for those better days of yesteryear.

But in reality, the better days are in front of us.

Here's to the better days to come!!!! :Cheers

Flasteel
07-14-2010, 11:10 AM

Hmm...

Just trying to incite one of those hardcore flame wars. (Oh hells yeah look at that pun, w00t!) :)

We need a worthy antagonist. Now that HeHateMe has disappeared (was he banned?), we have few, if any, internal candidates for the job. If we want to go old-school Trib flame war, we do have Crash... and he has been throwing out a good amount of retarded commentary lately. The problem is, we all know he's a die-hard Steeler fan, plus he's capable (if he still has it in him) of going on flame war binges where he won't step away from the keyboard for 3 or 4 days. That's hard to compete with. :lol:

What we need is an outsider. I real a-hole, who by all appearances is a Steeler fan, but one who has ridiculous opinions and likes to instigate. Wydo was perfect for the job and his loss is obviously still felt in this community. I recognize my role in his departure and want to apologize to everyone....especially you and Shawn. :wink:

Can we just be a little more tolerant of individuals who fit this description? We don't need trolls who simply come here to start **** and want to rag on everything Pittsburgh. However, I do believe we could use someone who is...well...douche-tastic!

MeetJoeGreene
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM

I dunno. Most of those 100 pagers turned into the same name calling and insulting after a while and had nothing to do with the original topic. The first 3 or 4 that you experiences were entertaining, but after that they got old. If you tried to make a football related point (which I occassionally do), it got lost. And then you had spin-off threads to get back on topic. I would rather have a bunch of 10-15 page flame wars that stayed on topic.

flippy
07-14-2010, 11:40 AM

I dunno. Most of those 100 pagers turned into the same name calling and insulting after a while and had nothing to do with the original topic. The first 3 or 4 that you experiences were entertaining, but after that they got old. If you tried to make a football related point (which I occassionally do), it got lost. And then you had spin-off threads to get back on topic. I would rather have a bunch of 10-15 page flame wars that stayed on topic.

i agree. the repetition gets old. i prefer fresh material and ideas.

not like anyone around here doesn't repeat the same stuff over and over and over.....(Flippy)

eniparadoxgma
07-14-2010, 02:03 PM

Hmm...

We need a worthy antagonist. Now that HeHateMe has disappeared (was he banned?), we have few, if any, internal candidates for the job. If we want to go old-school Trib flame war, we do have Crash... and he has been throwing out a good amount of retarded commentary lately. The problem is, we all know he's a die-hard Steeler fan, plus he's capable (if he still has it in him) of going on flame war binges where he won't step away from the keyboard for 3 or 4 days. That's hard to compete with. :lol:

What we need is an outsider. I real a-hole, who by all appearances is a Steeler fan, but one who has ridiculous opinions and likes to instigate. Wydo was perfect for the job and his loss is obviously still felt in this community. I recognize my role in his departure and want to apologize to everyone....especially you and Shawn. :wink:

Can we just be a little more tolerant of individuals who fit this description? We don't need trolls who simply come here to start **** and want to rag on everything Pittsburgh. However, I do believe we could use someone who is...well...douche-tastic!

No need to apologize for that. Not. At. All.

Maybe this "new" (I seem to remember the name) guy Prowler will fit the bill? I've already witnessed an anti-Tomlin rant and an anti-Woodley rant. Hmm...

ANPSTEEL
07-14-2010, 02:30 PM

Hmm...

what would really help- is to get pirogi pete and/or 420/S43 in here- that would get stuff rolling along.

actually, at the beginning of the trib existence there were a bunch of inflammatory posters. slyde, bucky, AE- slapstick - who still shows up here now and then used to get into it with a bunch of people as well.

fun stuff-

but you are correct, in singling out MSM for absolutely the most hysterical/retarded- meltdowns I have ever participated in.

I used to read those in my office, and people would come by and look at me like I was nuts... just laughing my azz off at his "i'm gonna take my ball and leave" mentality.

:lol: :lol:

kiwi_sarah
07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm going to have to try and incorporate douche-tastic into my every day vocabulary somehow.

Honestly, it's easier than you think. You MUST work with someone that fits the bill, everyone does lol

kiwi_sarah
07-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe this "new" (I seem to remember the name) guy Prowler will fit the bill? I've already witnessed an anti-Tomlin rant and an anti-Woodley rant. Hmm...

One of my fav internet things of all time is watching Eni dismantle a troll. It's like watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel. It's right up there behind porn as one of the greatest uses of web technology.

stlrz d
07-14-2010, 08:20 PM

One of my fav internet things of all time is watching Eni dismantle a troll. It's like watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel. It's right up there behind porn as one of the greatest uses of web technology.

Interesting choice of words there. :D

feltdizz
07-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Like I posted before, he's a Ben hater from wayyyyyy back. There's a history there and folks who came here from the trib live forum know exactly what I'm talking about.

Show one post where I said I hate Ben.... and stop lying about other posters to get closer to Kiwi. You should be man enough to tell her what you really think about her views of the T shirt. Be honest and tell her how you really feel about her appreciation for the humor and the "twist." Now you are all "no, it's not you... it's him"

You. :roll:

The guy who hates Yinzers from Pittsburgh and promised to stay out of the Burgh this year because you can't stand the hometown fans. But I'm the hater? You sit in your basement in GB and talk trash on the fans who were here before Ben and will be here after him.... Steeler fans love players who appreciate the fans, when they feel a person isn't living up to the standards of a Steeler they let him know. It's what a good family does... You don't pat a guy on the back if he falls on stupid right after tripping over dumb.

you blame everyone but him... it's the OC's fault when Ben throws an INT.. It's the OL's fault when Ben admits he takes some sacks. Even when Ben takes responsibility for his actions you think he is lying on himself.

You have an eerie MSMesque type love affair with Ben... "he can do anything he wants and doesn't have to answer to anybody" You are so in love with the guy you can't handle any negative discussions about him. Even when he gets praise you have to throw a few elbows at people or correct their grammar.

Do the Yinzers a favor and stay out of the Burgh like you promised.

stlrz d
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
No, I just hate you because you're a racist, deluded moron. Who's always wrong.

Lebsteel
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Hmm...

What we need is an outsider. A real a-hole, who by all appearances is a Steeler fan, but one who has ridiculous opinions and likes to instigate. Wydo was perfect for the job and his loss is obviously still felt in this community. I recognize my role in his departure and want to apologize to everyone....especially you and Shawn. :wink:

Ok, I nominate Stlrz D for his man crush on Mr. Roethlisberger, his refusal to see any problem with Ben's actions and his "instigation" of Felt's comment on page 1. Yea, he fits that role very nicely... :tt1

feltdizz
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
No, I just hate you because you're a racist, deluded moron. Who's always wrong.

a sure sign of weakness is the race card being slapped down at random...

Always wrong?

I predicted Arians return while you were cutting up construction paper and pasting numbers counting the days to his departure... what number are you up to? Oh yeah... you stopped after 4 days...

I predicted a suspension for Ben regardless of guilt due to the new policies Goodell put in place.

I think you hate me because I'm right more often than you are.

Flasteel
07-15-2010, 11:11 AM
What we need is an outsider. A real a-hole, who by all appearances is a Steeler fan, but one who has ridiculous opinions and likes to instigate. Wydo was perfect for the job and his loss is obviously still felt in this community. I recognize my role in his departure and want to apologize to everyone....especially you and Shawn. :wink:

Ok, I nominate Stlrz D for his man crush on Mr. Roethlisberger, his refusal to see any problem with Ben's actions and his "instigation" of Felt's comment on page 1. Yea, he fits that role very nicely... :tt1

StlrzD does seem to be going a little over the top in regards to dizz. I side more with D than I do with dizz on the Roethlisberger issue (and especially the Arians debate). However, I would never start talking to dizz or any other poster that way, just because they are wrong and are bordering on idiocy :D

That said, I don't think that we can take their little flame war, or D's blind devotion to all things Roethlisberger, and make him the dastardly antagonist we are looking for. SteelerzD can be quite rational and civil most of the time...I think he lacks the consistent douche-tastic behavior required for the job.

Of course this is just my opinion. Please feel free to proceed with any attack plans you are developing. :tt2

ikestops85
07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
http://smileyjungle.com/smilies/foodanddrink17.gif

flippy
07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
StlrzD does seem to be going a little over the top in regards to dizz. I side more with D than I do with dizz on the Roethlisberger issue (and especially the Arians debate). However, I would never start talking to dizz or any other poster that way, just because they are wrong and are bordering on idiocy :D

A little passive agressive :wink

j/k, but I wanted to comment that I think many Steelers fans' spirits are down as a result of another Big Ben drama filled offseason. And I think people have different coping mechanisms. I personally choose to laugh about it, but that's probably cause I laugh at everything. :oops:

And I know that's grating to some as they deal with it in their own ways. I don't try to get on anyone's nerves ever. I'm just stuck inside Flippy's body and his brain gets a little twisted sometimes :D

Any way you slice it and whatever happened wrt Ben, it's hard to feel positive about the whole situation. Even in the best case scenario, he was completely sober and didn't assault the girl, but did fool around with her when she was drunk out of her mind. It's a little creepy. It's less creepy if he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing which is a little reckless messing around when you don't know what you're doing. I don't really care to pass judgement either way so I joke about it so I don't have to think about it.

Others deal in their own ways. And it drags down spirits.

SD is a cool dude. So is felt. We're just all collectively being dragged down by the crap. It's a car wreck. We should ignore it. But we've gotta look. And after looking, we realize just how flubbed up it was.

And just as some get irritated with my humor, others get irritated by Ben support, and others get irritated by tearing Ben down.

ikestops85
07-15-2010, 12:18 PM

j/k, but I wanted to comment that I think many Steelers fans' spirits are down as a result of another Big Ben drama filled offseason. And I think people have different coping mechanisms. I personally choose to laugh about it, but that's probably cause I laugh at everything. :oops:

And I know that's grating to some as they deal with it in their own ways. I don't try to get on anyone's nerves ever. I'm just stuck inside Flippy's body and his brain gets a little twisted sometimes :D

Any way you slice it and whatever happened wrt Ben, it's hard to feel positive about the whole situation. Even in the best case scenario, he was completely sober and didn't assault the girl, but did fool around with her when she was drunk out of her mind. It's a little creepy. It's less creepy if he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing which is a little reckless messing around when you don't know what you're doing. I don't really care to pass judgement either way so I joke about it so I don't have to think about it.

SD is a cool dude. So is felt. We're just all collectively being dragged down by the crap. It's a car wreck. We should ignore it. But we've gotta look. And after looking, we realize just how flubbed up it was.

And just as some get irritated with my humor, others get irritated by Ben support, and others get irritated by tearing Ben down.
Your stuff was humorous??

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/ohnos.jpg

:moon :lol:

feltdizz
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM

He filed away my sister's quote about Ben (a compliment) after the GB game... that is douche-tastic!

He says Ben can do whatever he wants regardless of how it impacts the team.. that is douche-tastic!

How can a guy say Ben can do whatever he wants get mad at a T shirt that implies Ben can do whatever he wants? We had a 20 page religious thread over the devil T shirt and he doesn't see the comedy of the T shirt? That is douch-tastic.

StlrzD is the perfect candidate... he went straight loco on me for calling him a liar one time. He had to buy a new keyboard after that post. Everyone else chuckles at the T and the guy goes after my family over it.

Any guy who vows to stay out of Pittsburgh due to the Yinzers is douche-tastic. All he needs to do now is put me on MSM ignore

flippy
07-15-2010, 01:03 PM

Your stuff was humorous??

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/ohnos.jpg

:moon :lol:

remember who you're talking to here. i write stuff for my own amusement.

in real life, i laugh with myself. everyone else laughs at me :wink

feltdizz
07-15-2010, 01:24 PM

:Agree

I'm cool.. SD? ehh, not so much. 8)

great point about the drunk vs. sober. If he was drunk it's like "damn dude, control your liquor" if sober it's .."damn dude... really?"

The fans are tired of off-season Ben drama... the guys keeps us on the edge 365.

sd steel
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM

Hmm...

I would like to try and fit the bill, but I quit drinking and posting......and there is no way I could ever compete......even drunk, with StlrsD in the "douchetastic" category. He is hands down most "douchetastic" on this board. :Cheers

cruzer8
07-15-2010, 02:30 PM
felt is easily the biggest douche on this forum. And the craziest. I've seen that guy post some of the looniest speculation on this forum. And if there's something in a tabloid headline about a white player of the Steelers he's all over it and believes it every bit of the way. If it's about a black player then his take is that we don't know all the circumstances. Just like it was on the trib.

All I've seen Stlrzd say on here with regards to Ben is that people are wrong for just blindly believing the sleaze media and ignoring the things that have contradicted the creditablity of the SoHos. Just like Crash has done. There is a small minority of others (myself included) who have said the same thing. The media is all about selling papers, magazines, ratings, web page views, etc. Of course they are going to put the sleaziest stuff out there because people are suckers. They just believe everything they read, see or hear. Like Crash has stated, haven't you all noticed how once the contradictory accounts of the accuser and her friends came out that the vast majority of the media quit reporting on the story? Once they saw that they knew there was nothing more they could write because everything they had speculated about was shown to be a monumental farce. And not one media outlet apologized for trashing Ben and raking him through the mud. It was yellow journalism at it's finest and any Steelers fan should be ashamed of themselves for just buying right into it like a bunch of brainless sheep.

So to sum it all up, felt is clearly the biggest douche on this forum. And the craziest. And I don't mean wild crazy. I mean psychotically crazy. Room with padded walls crazy. Purple shroud and matching Nike shoes, there is a spaceship behind the moon waiting for me crazy.

eniparadoxgma
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9030/reezu5738.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/i/reezu5738.jpg/)

It's only a matter of time. :)

feltdizz
07-15-2010, 04:27 PM
felt is easily the biggest douche on this forum. And the craziest. I've seen that guy post some of the looniest speculation on this forum. And if there's something in a tabloid headline about a white player of the Steelers he's all over it and believes it every bit of the way. If it's about a black player then his take is that we don't know all the circumstances. Just like it was on the trib.

All I've seen Stlrzd say on here with regards to Ben is that people are wrong for just blindly believing the sleaze media and ignoring the things that have contradicted the creditablity of the SoHos. Just like Crash has done. There is a small minority of others (myself included) who have said the same thing. The media is all about selling papers, magazines, ratings, web page views, etc. Of course they are going to put the sleaziest stuff out there because people are suckers. They just believe everything they read, see or hear. Like Crash has stated, haven't you all noticed how once the contradictory accounts of the accuser and her friends came out that the vast majority of the media quit reporting on the story? Once they saw that they knew there was nothing more they could write because everything they had speculated about was shown to be a monumental farce. And not one media outlet apologized for trashing Ben and raking him through the mud. It was yellow journalism at it's finest and any Steelers fan should be ashamed of themselves for just buying right into it like a bunch of brainless sheep.

So to sum it all up, felt is clearly the biggest douche on this forum. And the craziest. And I don't mean wild crazy. I mean psychotically crazy. Room with padded walls crazy. Purple shroud and matching Nike shoes, there is a spaceship behind the moon waiting for me crazy.

nominee #2 is this guy.... The :roll: king...
he rolls his eyes so much he can see behind him while walking forward. He is a simple man... 1 or 2 sentences most of the time but they usually have "I need proof" or "were you there?" in them.

He is proud to be 1 of the chosen few who know exactly what happened that night. The 95% of us don't get it... but they do.

"Ben could get a rape charge walking down the street and bumping into someone" This is what we are up against my friends...

Notice how Frick and Frack keep bringing up racism... where? when? who? Cruzer8 has the nerve to use Crash (the biggest race baiter on PS, a guy who calls Ben..white Ben, as a credible source while labeling me a racist.

I always have something to say when white Steelers are in the news but stay silent when black players are in the news? See... this is the douche-tastic at its finest. Can anyone name another white Steeler who was a major front page distraction. Reed beating up a dryer isn't major and wasn't even worthy of a response. Speath peeing? C'mon son... The only guy messing up on our team who is white is the highest paid and franchise player on our team... and somehow you see it as racism. Pathetic.

The guy who screams racist is usually the one with the most racial issues.

kiwi_sarah
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
If someone makes me a douche-tastic smiley, I'll love them forever.

feltdizz
07-15-2010, 06:25 PM
:moon on it's side is a douchetastic smiley

eniparadoxgma
07-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Check the FF thread. 8)

kiwi_sarah
07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Check the FF thread. 8)

*sigh* You know all you have to do is ask and I'll do anything for you. Such an abuse of power :D

Vindrow
07-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Hehe..I like it maybe the team should rib Ben a little and they should all wear the shirt on the first day of training camp and playing this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgvfRSzm ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgvfRSzmMoU&feature=related)