PDA

View Full Version : First Offensive Play of 2010 regular season:2 yards & cloud?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-03-2010, 11:06 AM
... of dust?

The word came from on high -emphasize the running game more. Of course that makes a lot of sense, especially with a "young" #1 WR, different QB, different OL (Colon out).

I guess this is really a post about BA. We know how well he can multitask a game plan, and how well he can adjust on the fly.

So, I'm guessing the other teams are going to load the box, making us prove we can move the ball in the air. What I'm afraid of is BA saying, "uh, we're going to run the ball. Again". And we see a vomit level # of RB up the middle for two yards. And Dixon in because they're going to need a hose to clean up Lefty after any time he drops back to pass.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on BA. Maybe he'll throw one of his famous patented magical screen plays ...

Come on BA, show me I'm wrong!

(All of a sudden Sean Kugler has become one of my favorite Steelers!)

feltdizz
07-03-2010, 12:12 PM
play action pass for a TD... and fans complain about scoring too fast.

You left BA with no options... Lefty is hurt because he is creamed after we attempt to run the football. WTF?

You have 2 options... run or pass. Funny how BA gets it wrong everytime but the gurus on here are 100% everytime. :tt1

Crash
07-03-2010, 02:23 PM
The brass didn't say we need to run more.

The brass DID say we needed to run BETTER.

Jooser
07-03-2010, 02:50 PM
The brass didn't say we need to run more.

The brass DID say we needed to run BETTER.

:Agree YUP.

I say play action pass off the right side, and hit Heath in the seam for 19, Lefty almost knocks his shoulder pads off with that damn rifle arm. 8)

hawaiiansteel
07-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Counter Trey Right...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/08/28/sports/steelerscounter_updateA.jpg

Chucktownsteeler
07-03-2010, 04:34 PM
The first offensive play will be a bubble screen to Randel El.

Book it.

Crash
07-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I hope they come out and go no huddle and pass on every ****ing down and score a TD.

The Arians can flip the bird to the Heinz Field faithful.

jj28west
07-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I hope they come out and go no huddle and pass on every bad word down and score a TD.

The Arians can flip the bird to the Heinz Field faithful.

When they go no huddle doesnt Ben call the plays? I dont know maybe its just forum talk but it was assumed that the TD winning drive in the SB was all Ben.

Anyways, I will give BA some credit in that he does let Ben be Ben and improvise or could this be a Tomlin call?

If BA could design a gameplan to beat Baltimore early in the season then this would really show his value with a middle tier QB. Even if he just manages the game to not cause turnovers and good field position then I think our D will do the rest to victory.

Crash
07-05-2010, 02:45 AM
Ben calls the majority of plays in no huddle. Always has, even in 2004-2006 before Tomlin.

flippy
07-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Hey diddle diddle, Mendy up the middle....

stlrz d
07-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey diddle diddle, Mendy up the middle....

The next play will bring some solace with a long TD to Wallace!

Steel Life
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
FB up the gut...then in post-game interviews BA can say he's fulfilled the calls for both rededicating himself to the run game & using a FB. Okay, that was silly...it will be a triple reverse WR option to a OL who checked in as an eligible receiver.