PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Jackson gets 3 game suspension

feltdizz
07-01-2010, 12:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5345629

The NFL suspended light skinned San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl wide receiver Vincent Jackson three games for violating the league's personal conduct policy, a league source said Thursday.

The three-game suspension can be reduced upon appeal, but it is uncertain whether Jackson will appeal. He pleaded guilty in February to driving under the influence, his second conviction.

Jackson's suspension could be a moot point, however. He has been planning to not report to the Chargers unless he signs a long-term contract extension that nobody believes is forthcoming.

If the season begins and Jackson has not reported to the team, then he would be suspended for three games that he wouldn't have played in anyway.

The 27-year-old Jackson had 1,167 receiving yards and nine touchdowns last season, his fifth with the Chargers.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Steelers>NFL
07-01-2010, 12:59 PM
"light skinned"...

birtikidis
07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
hmm why exactly did you feel the need to add "light skinned" to that?

Djfan
07-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Conviction? Three games?

Hmmm.

RuthlessBurgher
07-01-2010, 01:54 PM
If he's planning to hold out because of contract issues anyway, shouldn't the suspension take effect after he reports to the team, instead of having it wiped out by a holdout? What kind of a punishment is that, if Jackson planned to sit these games out anyway?

Crash
07-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Three convictions, two for DUI, and he got 3 games.

Uncharged, never arrested, never convicted Ben got six games.

Good thing the black players dared Goodell to treat Ben "like Vick and Pac Man".

feltdizz
07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Bird, I added light skinned because lately Ben has become white Ben due to his suspension. I thought a color description was 2010 protocol.

I'm just messing with Crash because he kept repeating this guys name and saying white Ben, white Ben... Like it was new info.

flippy
07-01-2010, 03:55 PM

Good thing the black players dared Goodell to treat Ben "like Vick and Pac Man".

Yet Ben and the Steelers didn't object to it.

Sounds guilty.

Crash
07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
The Rooney's were not happy with the length. They thought it would be even more. They wanted to punish Ben themselves.

If the Rooney's/Goodell thinks Ben is guilty? Then A) It should have been a year AT LEAST and B) The Rooney's can't trade him, don't pawn off a guy who you think is a rapist to another team, they must cut him as soon as he is re-instated. Trading him would be hypocritical.

flippy
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
They can all F off for Fing with our team as far as I'm concerned. I'm most irked Ben didn't stick up for himself. I don't think he's guilty. But if he's not going to stand up for himself and do the right thing, it makes it look bad imho.

I'll get over it by game 1.

cruzer8
07-01-2010, 05:06 PM

Yet Ben and the Steelers didn't object to it.

Sounds guilty.

Fighting it would lengthen Ben's suspension.

birtikidis
07-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Bird, I added light skinned because lately Ben has become white Ben due to his suspension. I thought a color description was 2010 protocol.

I'm just messing with Crash because he kept repeating this guys name and saying white Ben, white Ben... Like it was new info.
i figured as much.