PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Like most of you faithful fans, I look forward to a new season months in advance. Both with hopeful aspirations of winning another Super Bowl and of seeing the great talent we have acquired over the past several years. BUT.... I am just not excited about this year. I already feel it is a wash and I'm awaiting the next turmoil to happen. Then after next year we may have a year WITHOUT FOOTBALL. Can you imagine the selfishness of the league if this were to happen?
Everything from the past season and how we didn't make the playoffs...to how we lost.....to Ben and Santonio...and now Willie Colon. What's next? What do i have to look forward to? Ben being taunted for being a rapist...the media covering his story like its the story of the decade? S. Holmes gone...Willie gone...I mean realisticly for us to win a SB this year would be miraculous. So please help ...give me some hope and something to look forward to this upcoming new season. THANKS

Flasteel
07-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I think it's been discussed that when the expectations are lowest, this team seems to find success. If anything, all of these distractions and subtractions make me more confident that we will somehow find a way to pull it all together. We still have Ben for 12 games and he will be on a mission to rain fury down on all of the haters and nay-sayers.

Does that help? :tt2

frankthetank1
07-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Like most of you faithful fans, I look forward to a new season months in advance. Both with hopeful aspirations of winning another Super Bowl and of seeing the great talent we have acquired over the past several years. BUT.... I am just not excited about this year. I already feel it is a wash and I'm awaiting the next turmoil to happen. Then after next year we may have a year WITHOUT FOOTBALL. Can you imagine the selfishness of the league if this were to happen?
Everything from the past season and how we didn't make the playoffs...to how we lost.....to Ben and Santonio...and now Willie Colon. What's next? What do i have to look forward to? Ben being taunted for being a rapist...the media covering his story like its the story of the decade? S. Holmes gone...Willie gone...I mean realisticly for us to win a SB this year would be miraculous. So please help ...give me some hope and something to look forward to this upcoming new season. THANKS

well the cards were stacked up against us in both 2005 and 2008. i think both of those seasons looked pretty bleak in the begaining.

RuthlessBurgher
07-01-2010, 09:43 AM

well the cards were stacked up against us in both 2005 and 2008. i think both of those seasons looked pretty bleak in the begaining.

And in 2006 and 2009, we expected to be great again, coming off championship seasons, but missed the playoffs those years. As FlaSteel mentioned, whenever expections are high, this team tends to underperform, but whenever folks are counting us out, we tend to shine. I like being an afterthought, then coming back to surprise people.

Steelers>NFL
07-01-2010, 10:08 AM
"She said no" "she siad no" "she said no"....

This is what Ben will have to deal with when visiting other teams.
We'll see how he handles this. We will rise or fall with Ben this season.

Shawn
07-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I think we are doomed. No hope for our football future. I'm thinking about coverting to a Cleveland fan. :D

aggiebones
07-01-2010, 11:27 AM
EVERY team has obstacles, we just don't see ALL of them. They lose OL or DL or semi-star players to injury, suspensions, etc.
New players bloom or rookies step up.
We need some of that to happen and in Pittsburgh it happens more frequesntly than in other places.
Chances of winning a Super Bowl in a given year are not great for ANY team.
But the odds in Pittsburgh are better on a year to year average than ANY other team.
This year, I'd say we have a decent chances of winning based on any other team. Maybe the best team has a 10% chance of winning. Maybe we are at 5-7%. But really that doesnt' amount to much come December. Those numbers are all rearranged. Peyton Manning goes down in November. They go from an 8% chance of winning the Super Bowl to 1% if they are lucky. So we are in it now and we'll talk in December again.

flippy
07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I think we are doomed. No hope for our football future. I'm thinking about coverting to a Cleveland fan. :D

I'm hoping Lebron leaves Cleveland and wins a championship wherever he lands.

Re: the season, we'll be fine. Jiga had a kid and I started a SuperBowl or Bust thread. We're gonna roll. Get excited mofo!!!!!!!!!!!

hawaiiansteel
07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm getting excited! :tt2

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/37/l_75854bb39fd6408187b812761ca72f9a.jpg

Kaeg
07-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Think about all the solid veterans we have and the possible break out candidates from the younger guys we have this year. I can see us going either way this year, with each roll of the dice. But I still think there can be great potential for us.