PDA

View Full Version : OT: Adam Schefter

Crash
06-30-2010, 06:21 PM
He of ESPN, he of the network that destroyed Ben based on accusations, half truths, inconsistent statements, and rumors wants all of his Twitter peeps to wish a happy 44th birthday to Mike Tyson.

No, I'm not kidding.

hawaiiansteel
06-30-2010, 06:22 PM
i'm surprised Mike Tyson is still alive...

costanza2k1
06-30-2010, 08:18 PM
He of ESPN, he of the network that destroyed Ben based on accusations, half truths, inconsistent statements, and rumors wants all of his Twitter peeps to wish a happy 44th birthday to Mike Tyson.

No, I'm not kidding.

I got mad for a second and then figured I'd use Tyson as prime example of how people forget both false and true accusations. They forget about Tyson and they'll forget about Ben.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-01-2010, 01:04 AM

No, I'm not kidding.

I got mad for a second and then figured I'd use Tyson as prime example of how people forget both false and true accusations. They forget about Tyson and they'll forget about Ben.

Bingo, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking!! :tt1 :tt2

Crash
07-01-2010, 01:28 AM
I was thinking that Ben was roasted by the same network who's NFL beat writer wants everyone to wish a happy birthday to a habitual criminal who's been a menace to society since he was a teenager.

Ben should tell ESPN to go to hell.

costanza2k1
07-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I was thinking that Ben was roasted by the same network who's NFL beat writer wants everyone to wish a happy birthday to a habitual criminal who's been a menace to society since he was a teenager.

ESPN is already in hell, the media is all about shock value which helps ratings whether it's good reporting or not. Oh and here are your peaches... :Boobs
:lol:

rpmpit
07-01-2010, 09:08 AM

True. But Mike was in The Hangover. Just sayin'.

(please note sarcasm)

RuthlessBurgher
07-01-2010, 09:48 AM

True. But Mike was in The Hangover. Just sayin'.

(please note sarcasm)

What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze?

Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit?

Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed.

And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug.

Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug!

But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers...well then we're $#!% out of luck.

http://www.oneasianworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the_hangover_tyson_poster1.jpg

ghettoscott
07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Mike was the baddest cat on the planet at the age of 20! It is a shame that Cus passed so early in his career. I honestly think we would have seen a different Mike grow up, and no way he would have lost to Buster if D'Amato was in the corner.

aggiebones
07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Mike was used and abused by his handlers.
If anyone should be jailed its Don King.
Talk about black on black crimes. Yea, he'll drag someone out of the ghetto if they are incredible, then squeeze them like a grape and not teach them how to survive in a new society. Then discard them and he probably even gambled on how fast Mike would crumble.

Mike's current state of survival is nothing short of miraculous. I can respect Mike's position in life considering where he should have gone after he was abandoned.
And I gotta say I never rooted for him once in the ring.

ghettoscott
07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Talk about black on black crimes. Yea, he'll drag someone out of the ghetto if they are incredible, then squeeze them like a grape and not teach them how to survive in a new society. Then discard them and he probably even gambled on how fast Mike would crumble.

Mike's current state of survival is nothing short of miraculous. I can respect Mike's position in life considering where he should have gone after he was abandoned.

I agree aggie, Don King is on his own level of dbagery. I am hoping karma will catch up with him at some point.

I rooted for Tyson every fight, loved how he came into the ring with just a towel, no glitz no glamour. Are you not a boxing fan? why didnt you root for him? just curious.

ANPSTEEL
07-01-2010, 11:05 AM

I agree aggie, Don King is on his own level of dbagery. I am hoping karma will catch up with him at some point.

I rooted for Tyson every fight, loved how he came into the ring with just a towel, no glitz no glamour. Are you not a boxing fan? why didnt you root for him? just curious.

Mike was amazing in the ring- but a complete azzhat out of it.

here is a little something to laugh at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6_Yk3K ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6_Yk3KBew&feature=related)

I didn't embed it- 'cause some of the language is definitely NSF.

feltdizz
07-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Watch TYSON.. that documentary was really good. He cried like a baby when he talks about losing D'Amato. He also talks about DKing and how he beat the crap out of him when it was all over.

Tyson won though.. most guys who go through all of that never bounce back. Plenty of athletes blow it all... Pippen, Mark Brunell, etc..

Tyson is still the best ever IMO when in his prime.

ghettoscott
07-02-2010, 09:56 AM
here is a little something to laugh at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6_Yk3K ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6_Yk3KBew&feature=related)

holycrap.....man, Mike was out his damm mind on a couple of those clips. :shock:

Watch TYSON.. that documentary was really good. He cried like a baby when he talks about losing D'Amato.
Tyson is still the best ever IMO when in his prime.

Great documentary, its good to see another side of these guys away from their job and the spotlight. I feel bad for Mike....glad he got some love in the Hangover.