PDA

View Full Version : Chris Scott out at least 3 month's

SteelCrazy
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Pittsburgh's desperate need at tackle won't be helped by the injury to rookie fifth-round pick Chris Scott.

We knew Scott broke his foot, and now we can pass along that he's not expected to recover for three months, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. That makes Scott a prime candidate to start the year on the PUP list, knocking him out for six weeks.

That also means Flozell Adams' pricetag could be rising.

http://www.profootballtalk.com

NW Steeler
06-30-2010, 02:35 PM
They absolutely have to find and SPEND on a FA tackle for that spot. I don't see how we have a choice.

aggiebones
07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
chris scott was totally irrelevant on the subject of the Steelers RT this year.

ter1230_4
07-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Chris Scott may have been relevant before this injury, but he's certainly irrelevant now. There is no way a rookie offensive lineman can miss training camp, all of the preseason games and the first 6 games of the season and play. At offensive tackle the Steelers are down to Max Starks, Trai Essex, Jonathan Scott and perhaps Ramon Foster. I am not a huge fan of bringing in a FA at this point, but the thought of losing any more tackles scares me to death. We've got all of training camp, the 4 pre-season games and the 16 regular season games to go, and through all that we'll have to hope for no more injuries at tackle.

hawaiiansteel
07-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Chris Scott may have been relevant before this injury, but he's certainly irrelevant now. There is no way a rookie offensive lineman can miss training camp, all of the preseason games and the first 6 games of the season and play. At offensive tackle the Steelers are down to Max Starks, Trai Essex, Jonathan Scott and perhaps Ramon Foster. I am not a huge fan of bringing in a FA at this point, but the thought of losing any more tackles scares me to death. We've got all of training camp, the 4 pre-season games and the 16 regular season games to go, and through all that we'll have to hope for no more injuries at tackle.

you forgot about the immensely talented OT Tony Hills... :roll:

Discipline of Steel
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM

Give someone an ounce of real hope and sometimes they will surprise you.

hawaiiansteel
07-03-2010, 03:10 PM
[quote="ter1230_4":2eme2ruf]Chris Scott may have been relevant before this injury, but he's certainly irrelevant now. There is no way a rookie offensive lineman can miss training camp, all of the preseason games and the first 6 games of the season and play. At offensive tackle the Steelers are down to Max Starks, Trai Essex, Jonathan Scott and perhaps Ramon Foster. I am not a huge fan of bringing in a FA at this point, but the thought of losing any more tackles scares me to death. We've got all of training camp, the 4 pre-season games and the 16 regular season games to go, and through all that we'll have to hope for no more injuries at tackle.

Give someone an ounce of real hope and sometimes they will surprise you.[/quote:2eme2ruf]

you are correct...i definitely would be surprised!