PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Benson Arrested for Alledged Assault!

Dee Dub
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010 ... n-arrested (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100629/SPT02/306290040/1066/Report-Bengals-RB-Cedric-Benson-arrested)

Ya gotta love the Bengals. Stayin' true to who they are.

Oviedo
06-29-2010, 02:09 PM
No problem in the Goodell league

Charged with Assault = OK (see Vince Young)

Accused and not charged with sex = Very, very bad

cruzer8
06-29-2010, 02:12 PM
No problem in the Goodell league

Charged with Assault = OK (see Vince Young)

Accused and not charged with sex = Very, very bad

Yup. Benson's a little fish. He'll get tossed right back in the pond.

cruzer8
06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
And there seems to be a disturbing pattern of behavior here.

Benson was arrested in May of 2008 on charges of drunken boating and resisting arrest, and later that June, he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.

Benson was cleared of all charges Sept. 25, 2008.

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2010, 03:03 PM

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010 ... n-arrested (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100629/SPT02/306290040/1066/Report-Bengals-RB-Cedric-Benson-arrested)

In this middle of this offseason in Pittsburgh, do you think you should be laughing at the misfortunes of other teams? :?

Oviedo
06-29-2010, 03:07 PM
And there seems to be a disturbing pattern of behavior here.

Benson was arrested in May of 2008 on charges of drunken boating and resisting arrest, and later that June, he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.

Benson was cleared of all charges Sept. 25, 2008.

Doesn't matter. No sex. Sex is bad, violence and alcohol is good.

Dee Dub
06-29-2010, 03:11 PM

In this middle of this offseason in Pittsburgh, do you think you should be laughing at the misfortunes of other teams? :?

This is who the Bengals are. This off season is not who the Steelers are. And the Steelers have dealt with their problems. The Bengals wont and dont. They will continue to bring in bad character players...and to that...yes I have to laugh....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":2m6p3soo]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is who the Bengals are. This off season is not who the Steelers are. And the Steelers have dealt with their problems. The Bengals wont and dont. They will continue to bring in bad character players...and to that...yes I have to laugh....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:2m6p3soo]

The Bengals have not changed whatsoever (signing the Jones boys...Pac Man and Coke Zero is clear evidence of that), but I just find it difficult to experience any measure of schadenfreude with all that we are going through ourselves right now.

I will give you this, though:

:bungalssuck

costanza2k1
06-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Normalcy is slowly returning to the league.

Jom112
06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Cedric Benson should be suspended the same amount of games that Braylon Edwards, Joey Porter and Vince Young were for their assault charges.

No wait, he should serve the same amount of games as all of those players suspensions combined! :lol:

Still waiting to hear more about this story. Benson looks like an idiot for punching the bouncer, but from I've read so far he was getting jumped originally by according to HIS words a group of "white boys".

Don't want to bring race into this or anything, but if he's getting jumped and he wasn't the aggressor, I don't see a problem in him defending himself. Still shouldn't have punched the bouncer on the way out though. Idiot...

LordVile
06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":2iudiyke]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Bengals have not changed whatsoever (signing the Jones boys...Pac Man and Coke Zero is clear evidence of that), but I just find it difficult to experience any measure of schadenfreude with all that we are going through ourselves right now.

I will give you this, though:

:bungalssuck[/quote:2iudiyke]

I'd rather have many fires burning around the league, then just the one in our own yard. That way it somehow takes the focus off our own messes. and we can get to being under the radar.. :P

SteelerNation1
06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
(RotoWire) ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that a league source familiar with Benson's case says that it is "very minor." Benson was arrested Tuesday and charged with misdemeanor assault for allegedly punching a bar employee in the face on May 30.
Analysis: We'll have to see how this plays out, but Benson's version of the story is that he was punched by a man who didn't like the fact that the running back was posing for photographs with a group of women, the National Football Post reports. In any case, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league is looking into the matter and more info is sure to follow on this front in the coming days.

The NFL is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fezziwig
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
I just got new glasses and that girl is sweeter than I had thought before but I do have one question or comment, how many toes does that chick have ?

feltdizz
06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
"You don't phuk her feet" - Boomerang

I'm like Eddie Murphy in that movie... foot game has to be right. She needs socks.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-29-2010, 09:37 PM
was punched by a man who didn't like the fact that the running back was posing for photographs with a group of women, the National Football Post reports.

I'll be the first to say this..........

He should not have put himself in this situation considering he has had a history of dropped charges (similar to baseless accusations?) in the past.

Jom112
06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
After reading more about what "allegedly" occurred, I don't see why Benson would be suspended for this incident.

From what I read someone attacked him first without provocation and immediately after the incident Benson himself called the cops to the scene and the cops took the report down that day from him...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-29-2010, 11:03 PM
After reading more about what "allegedly" occurred, I don't see why Benson would be suspended for this incident.

From what I read someone attacked him first without provocation and immediately after the incident Benson himself called the cops to the scene and the cops took the report down that day from him...

Ah, yes, but beyond that it was clearly poor judgement, going to a place where (let's face it) some kind of problem is bound to happen what with the liquor and women. Haven't we learned that being in the wrong place at the wrong time even if doing nothing illegal is worthy of suspension? And this guy was arrested for assault!! :wink:

stlrz d
06-30-2010, 12:05 AM

Is the part about him punching the bouncer in the face after the incident true?

Btw, I read that he's going to be charged with assault.

feltdizz
06-30-2010, 09:42 AM
A football player punches a bouncer and guys are screaming for suspensions?

Have you no shame? Did he have glasses?

Some of you are sounding real feminine on here.

frankthetank1
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM

assault is assault. it doesnt matter if he punched out mike tyson or some old guy who weighs a buck and change. i could care less if he is suspended or not but this isnt the first time benson has been in trouble with the law. he is a repeat offender of the player conduct policy right? lucky for benson he isnt an elite qb who has won two sb's.

cruzer8
06-30-2010, 10:07 AM

assault is assault. it doesnt matter if he punched out mike tyson or some old guy who weighs a buck and change. i could care less if he is suspended or not but this isnt the first time benson has been in trouble with the law. he is a repeat offender of the player conduct policy right? lucky for benson he isnt an elite qb who has won two sb's.

You could have stopped right there.

frankthetank1
06-30-2010, 10:26 AM

You could have stopped right there.

yup i sure could have

Jom112
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM

Is the part about him punching the bouncer in the face after the incident true?

Btw, I read that he's going to be charged with assault.

From what I read of Benson's side, he posed for pictures with some females who approached him and asked for pose with them. While doing so a guy got angry and started attacking Benson. The guys friends jumped in to help him, which left Benson with a bloody lip. The employees told Benson to leave, and he refuses. The physically throw him out and one of the bar employees says something to Benson which resulted in Benson punching him in the face. How exactly that last part transpired, is not certain yet.

Benson then calls the cops to the scene and gives them a report. Nothing happens for a couple of weeks, then the bouncer probably realizes who punched him and decides he's going to press charges to get some money out of Benson.

If it was really assault why not tell the cops the same day when Benson called the police to the scene?

If Benson didn't call the cops to the scene that day, my viewpoint would probably be different on the situation. But I know if I assaulted someone or even thought I did, I wouldn't be the one calling the cops to the scene of the incident...

flippy
06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Football players need to keep their fists and their weiners to themselves at all times.

Even if provoked by a bouncer or a hot chick.

And they also probably shouldn't carry a gun in their sweat pants either.

Heck drinking alcohol probably should just be avoided in public.

And they should probably just avoid place alcohol is served.

Except stadiums on Sundays.

Or if they get invited somewhere by someone important like Mario or Obama.

You're probably safe to drink when you are not the most famous/rich person in the room.

RuthlessBurgher
06-30-2010, 11:51 AM
someone important like Mario or Obama.

Classic. :P

feltdizz
06-30-2010, 01:06 PM

I'm not defending Benson... don't really care about him. However I don't think the public gives two dumps about a fight at a bar.

Now if the fight involves women and blood... different story and outrage will ensue.

Assualt is assault is assault.. but this is a football message board, we watch and cheer for guys to crush each other. I don't think the NFL's image is tarnished by a fight...

Remember the outrage over the party boat with Culpepper? There is a major difference in public reaction when football players touch women... it may not be fair but there is.

ramblinjim
06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Let's see:

He was arrested, Ben wasn't
He was charged, Ben wasn't

Ben gets a 6 game suspension, Benson should get an 8 game suspension right? :stirpot

Crash
06-30-2010, 01:44 PM

Three arrests in three years.

A clear pattern of behavior.

He also spit blood at another patron and was making racial remarks outside.

Suspend him.

cruzer8
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM

I'm not defending Benson... don't really care about him. However I don't think the public gives two dumps about a fight at a bar.

Now if the fight involves women and blood... different story and outrage will ensue.

Assualt is assault is assault.. but this is a football message board, we watch and cheer for guys to crush each other. I don't think the NFL's image is tarnished by a fight...

Remember the outrage over the party boat with Culpepper? There is a major difference in public reaction when football players touch women... it may not be fair but there is.

You really aren't very intelligent, are you?

flippy
06-30-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't think the NFL's image is tarnished by a fight...

You really aren't very intelligent, are you?

This got me thinking you may both be a little right.

No one cares what a relative unknown Cincy RB does. And by unknown I mean by those that don't follow football.

But if Ben, Peyton, Brady, or Romo were to get into a fight it would be perceived completely differently because they are all well know outside of football by those that don't follow.

And maybe that's the reason Ben was suspended. He's known outside of football and as a result he shined a very negative light on the league for people that don't follow football. And Goodell wants to expand the sport beyond it's current fan base...to women, foreigners, etc.

People that are faces of the league are held to a higher standard than the relative unknowns.

And guys like Benson, Young, and even Vick weren't the faces of the league prior to their troubles.

And that's what made Ben's accusation stand out. He's one of a very small group of players that is the face of the league. And as such, he got held to a much higher standard.

Shawn
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM

Yeah...I'm not on board with you here. He certainly has a right to defend himself. I have no issue if he does so. But, I do have an issue with him punching someone in the face because they said something to him.

In my personal opinion if Benson isn't suspended for actions that bring bad press to the league and history of poor judgement then something stinks. And it would smell alot like Ben getting flogged for being a QB and white.

Jom112
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah...I'm not on board with you here. He certainly has a right to defend himself. I have no issue if he does so. But, I do have an issue with him punching someone in the face because they said something to him.

In my personal opinion if Benson isn't suspended for actions that bring bad press to the league and history of poor judgement then something stinks. And it would smell alot like Ben getting flogged for being a QB and white.

It's understandable that you guys would relate this incident to Ben's, but there are tons of other incidents that have occurred that are better parallels.

Tom Cable assaulting an assistant coach, Joey Porter and his crew jumping Levi Jones in Vegas, Vince Young attacking a guy in a Dallas strip club, Braylon Edwards punching Lebron's friend in Cleveland, Aqib Talib and his multiple physical altercations, etc...

In none of those cases did the player (Or coach) get suspended for even a single game. So I don't see why Benson would get suspended in this case...

feltdizz
06-30-2010, 02:59 PM

Bad press? ESPN running the story for a day isn't bad press.

Ben's story was seen by 20 million people each night for 2 weeks a week straight.

feltdizz
06-30-2010, 03:06 PM

It's understandable that you guys would relate this incident to Ben's, but there are tons of other incidents that have occurred that are better parallels.

Tom Cable assaulting an assistant coach, Joey Porter and his crew jumping Levi Jones in Vegas, Vince Young attacking a guy in a Dallas strip club, Braylon Edwards punching Lebron's friend in Cleveland, Aqib Talib and his multiple physical altercations, etc...

In none of those cases did the player (Or coach) get suspended for even a single game. So I don't see why Benson would get suspended in this case...

Steeler fans are mad.... but let's be honest. ESPN is not a major news outlet and most of the viewers are desensitized to a bar brawl.

20 million people watch the evening news every night...ESPN averages 1.8 mill....

Steeler fans need to come back to earth and deal with reality.

flippy
06-30-2010, 03:11 PM

None of those guys are known outside of football circles.

Ben can only be compared to Brady, Manning, Romo, and Troy Polamalu. Guys that are known beyond the game.

People that meet my wife test. She doesn't watch football and I bet she couldn't name more than those 5 except for the Steelers decorations I have in my man room.

frankthetank1
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Remember the outrage over the party boat with Culpepper? There is a major difference in public reaction when football players touch women... it may not be fair but there is.[/quote]

yeah that is very true. i never thought about it like that but that makes perfect sense. its just so hard for me to understand because i can understand guys partying with women. im a lover not a fighter haha. i dont understand guys going out and fighting. maybe college or high school kids but not adults especially millionaires with a lot to lose.

feltdizz
06-30-2010, 06:12 PM
nothing wrong with partying with chicks.... but when the party goes bad and women are involved you got a real problem.

when that story hits the major news outlets you have a full blown PR nightmare.

cruzer8
06-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Goodell has set a precedent.

Question is, what is that precedent?

Is it "if you are a well known white QB you will be punished even if you aren't charged while others who are lesser known won't be punished even if charged"

or

"everyone who brings negative publicity to the league will be punished. players, coaches, front office personel, owners, etc. no exception."

It should be the latter but I'm believing it's the former.

fezziwig
06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
People want to believe the worse at times or many of times. Some people just make stuff up, have an imagination or someone doesn't pass the eye test to them and rumors/stories start.

Crash
06-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Some people just make stuff up, have an imagination or someone doesn't pass the eye test to them and rumors/stories start.

That's how Ben got suspended.

Shawn
06-30-2010, 07:43 PM
People want to believe the worse at times or many of times. Some people just make stuff up, have an imagination or someone doesn't pass the eye test to them and rumors/stories start.

You were not singing this tune when Ben was accused. Interesting.

LordVile
06-30-2010, 09:00 PM
I just got new glasses and that girl is sweeter than I had thought before but I do have one question or comment, how many toes does that chick have ?

Trip out man, I didn't realize it until you mentioned it but it looks like she has SIX!! She really is from SIXBURGH!

papillon
07-01-2010, 12:16 AM

Is it "if you are a well known white QB you will be punished even if you aren't charged while others who are lesser known won't be punished even if charged"

or

"everyone who brings negative publicity to the league will be punished. players, coaches, front office personel, owners, etc. no exception."

I think the precedent is that if you get accused of sexual assault one time with no charges you get to meet Roger one-on-one and get a lecture. If you get accused a second time of sexual assault, well, then Roger comes down hard on you for not (edited)taking his lecture to heart.

Ben deserved the punishment that he received (IMO) for his own good and for the teams good. Someone else getting in trouble doesn't make me feel any better as a Steeler fan and, as a matter of fact it's more disturbing, in that, these guys can't seem to separate their jobs from reality.

It's unfortunate that everyone seems to be piling on Ben. We'll get to see what kind of character he has this year. He's going to be booed loudly in every stadium in which he plays. He may even hear a smattering of boos (from the knucklehead fans) at home his first few games back. He's going to have character and backbone to be handle the upcoming season.

Pappy

stlrz d
07-01-2010, 12:34 AM

or

I think the precedent is that if you get accused of sexual assault one time with no charges you get to meet Roger one-on-one and get a lecture. If you get accused a second time of sexual assault, well, then Roger comes down hard on you for taking his lecture to heart.

Ben deserved the punishment that he received (IMO) for his own good and for the teams good. Someone else getting in trouble doesn't make me feel any better as a Steeler fan and, as a matter of fact it's more disturbing, in that, these guys can't seem to separate their jobs from reality.

It's unfortunate that everyone seems to be piling on Ben. We'll get to see what kind of character he has this year. He's going to be booed loudly in every stadium in which he plays. He may even hear a smattering of boos (from the knucklehead fans) at home his first few games back. He's going to have character and backbone to be handle the upcoming season.

Pappy

Do you punish your own children for something they are accused of when there is no evidence of any wrongdoing beyond baseless accusations?

Shawn
07-01-2010, 02:49 AM
I think rape was baseless. The other accusations not so much. Lets not forget Ben likely owned up to some of the behavior behind closed doors. We don't know how much he owned up to.

With that said, Goodell needs to be even handed. I'm actually for a certain amount of pressure from minority groups demanding fair handling of situations. What I take issue with is when these same groups want minorities to be dealt with a lighter hand. Same punishment...color blind accountability is how these issues need handled.

If after Bensen's third run in with the law he isn't given at least 2 games I know something is up.

papillon
07-01-2010, 03:05 AM

or

I think the precedent is that if you get accused of sexual assault one time with no charges you get to meet Roger one-on-one and get a lecture. If you get accused a second time of sexual assault, well, then Roger comes down hard on you for taking his lecture to heart.

Pappy

Do you punish your own children for something they are accused of when there is no evidence of any wrongdoing beyond baseless accusations?

First of all I'm going to ask nicely to leave our children out of the discussion. It's not relevant to what we're talking about and it doesn't belong here.

Secondly, Ben is not roger Goodell's son, nor is the Rooney's son. He's a commodity to Goodell and an employee to the Rooneys. His actions were abhorrent and there really isn't any denying that he was behaving like a caveman. What actually happened we'll never know, but it didn't shed a positive light on the subject. Ben has admitted he acted poorly, or at least, made bad decisions. His father has stated he's glad to have his son back that he didn't know "Big Ben". Something was wrong, Ben is fortunate that no real legal trouble ensued.

That all being said, the piling is unwarranted. Ben should serve his suspension, put it behind him and chalk it up as a lesson learned (and, it really isn't even nearly as expensive as it could have been). Everyone believing that no suspension was warranted should let it be as well, Ben was behaving poorly and is paying a small price for his indiscretions.

Pappy

Shawn
07-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Well said Pappy.

stlrz d
07-01-2010, 08:00 AM
First of all I'm going to ask nicely to leave our children out of the discussion. It's not relevant to what we're talking about and it doesn't belong here.

Secondly, Ben is not roger Goodell's son, nor is the Rooney's son. He's a commodity to Goodell and an employee to the Rooneys. His actions were abhorrent and there really isn't any denying that he was behaving like a caveman. What actually happened we'll never know, but it didn't shed a positive light on the subject. Ben has admitted he acted poorly, or at least, made bad decisions. His father has stated he's glad to have his son back that he didn't know "Big Ben". Something was wrong, Ben is fortunate that no real legal trouble ensued.

That all being said, the piling is unwarranted. Ben should serve his suspension, put it behind him and chalk it up as a lesson learned (and, it really isn't even nearly as expensive as it could have been). Everyone believing that no suspension was warranted should let it be as well, Ben was behaving poorly and is paying a small price for his indiscretions.

Pappy

There absolutely is doubt about what exactly he was doing. There are no consistent accounts of what happened that night. None.

You don't punish someone based on inconsistent hearsay. You pull them aside and say, "Look, we don't know for sure what took place but this doesn't look good so you need to do something to assure (as much as possible) that something like this doesn't happen again."

Sorry for not leaving children out of this, but I imagine that's what any rational parent would do to their child...and yes, it is a valid analogy. Because the important part is that you don't punish someone for something if you aren't absolutely 100% positive that they did exactly what you think they did. But Goodell doesn't operate that way so now we all pay the price. Meanwhile, people who are accused of, and charged with, actual crimes go unpunished. That's wrong on many levels.

I think people who believe no suspension was warranted will let it be when there is some CONSISTENCY in the enforcement of this vague conduct "policy" so that it applies equally to everyone it's supposed to apply to. Did you hear the one about the Saints assistant coach who just pleaded guilty to FEDERAL CONSPIRACY CHARGES? What do you think will become of him? He pleaded guilty to a FEDERAL crime...you'd think that would warrant some league punishment, right???

At least we agree that the media lynching is unwarranted. :)

flippy
07-01-2010, 08:25 AM
If Ben, Rooney, and Goodell are in agreement on the punishment, why should we question it?

Ben's accepting punishment for wrong doing. So why do people pretend like Ben did nothing wrong?

If he didn't do anything, he would have said he didn't do anything.

Case closed. He did wrong. We don't know all the details, but he did something.

Imagining he didn't is being delusional.

Shawn
07-01-2010, 09:23 AM
If Ben, Rooney, and Goodell are in agreement on the punishment, why should we question it?

Ben's accepting punishment for wrong doing. So why do people pretend like Ben did nothing wrong?

Exactly. We know he admitted to wrong doing behind closed doors with Goodell. Ben took his punishment like a man. I wish the fans could do the same thing.

frankthetank1
07-01-2010, 09:33 AM

Exactly. We know he admitted to wrong doing behind closed doors with Goodell. Ben took his punishment like a man. I wish the fans could do the same thing.

i agree but the only problem is there is nothing else to talk about!! the offseason sucks. once TC starts there will be a lot more to discuss than ben.

grotonsteel
07-01-2010, 09:34 AM

Did Big Ben have any choice?? Media was piling up on him and if he would have contested the punishment everyone in media would have screamed about it. Drama would have continued even now.

Six games suspension by Goodell for accusation from a sl*t is ridiculous and I really think Rooneys should have came out in support of Big Ben and called out Goodell.

Big Ben was stupid to play with a sl*t but i don't think he broke any law or did anything wrong.

grotonsteel
07-01-2010, 09:36 AM

Did he have a choice?

feltdizz
07-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Did he have a choice?

He had a choice.... but opposing it would do much more harm.

Ben has a ton of choices.. much more than the average fan.

He could walk away, oppose it or let the union intervene but he chose not to.

ikestops85
07-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Did he have a choice?

I disagree. Once Goodell "threatened" him with a longer suspension if he in any way contested his punishment (which he should have the right to do) he either had to go to all out war against the league or capitulate. That really isn't a choice.

I also don't think Benson should be suspended unless he is tried and found guilty. I believe football players have the same right to behave badly as the rest of us. If we don't like the way they behave then we have the right to boo them.

cruzer8
07-01-2010, 10:40 AM

What's delusional is believing that accusations = punishment. This isn't the Middle East.

grotonsteel
07-01-2010, 11:35 AM

Did he have a choice?

I disagree. Once Goodell "threatened" him with a longer suspension if he in any way contested his punishment (which he should have the right to do) he either had to go to all out war against the league or capitulate. That really isn't a choice.

I also don't think Benson should be suspended unless he is tried and found guilty. I believe football players have the same right to behave badly as the rest of us. If we don't like the way they behave then we have the right to boo them.

Well said...

fezziwig
07-01-2010, 02:09 PM

When did I say I was in the ladies room that night and know all that has happened ? I think Ben is guilty of being stupid enough to hang out in these places because trouble will eventually follow. Be it him or someone else. I'll admit, I've heard terrible stories about Ben long before these last two cases against him. I heard them but, it doesn't mean it's true. Just like Cedric Benson and after all we Steeler fans been through with the Ben saga, how can we now say, " he's guilty, we know, etc ? As a fan from another team I have to admit, " I laugh or take delight knowing some of their bone headed players keep their team from looking straight ahead and hopefully, that helps our Steelers.
For the first time that I can remember our Steelers, fans are on the lousy side of these troubles and it isn't too fun. With all the Ben stuff and what have you along with they didn't find him guilty ( but also not innocent ) I will not judge again or sure try not to. Actually, I may have not judged Ben ar all or possibly from the start but soon decided, he might not be the cad the media and fans had made him out to be.
One more thing, where did you learn that I had changed my tune ? Just for painting a correct picture of my character that you seem to want to point out and find interesting, I'd appreciiate you checking each and every Ben comment that I have made. Before I pass any judgement.

Shawn
07-01-2010, 02:25 PM

Did he have a choice?

Actually he did. I'll tell you what...if I were completely innocent in a situation I would fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence. He went on the offensive against that woman in Nevada. Why? Because it was a lie. He took his punishment with this situation. Why? Because he wasn't completely innocent.

Shoot, if I was on a team that wouldn't support me even though I was innocent. I would be looking for a new team. I would fight the suspension. I would take a lie detecter test and have the results broadcast to the world.

Ben knew he did some stuff that night he wouldn't have done sober. He knew he crossed lines. He knows it, the Rooneys know it, Goodell knows it and most fans know it. It's only a select few that can look at this situation and defend his actions. He put himself in a bad spot, showed poor judgement, purchased alcohol for minors, took an unknown girl into a public restroom (verified by several eye witness accounts) and by doing so got accused of rape. And honestly, if he did touch that girl she was in NO shape to give consent. How can anyone defend that? The burden of evidence is not the same as it is in a criminal court.

Shawn
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM

When did I say I was in the ladies room that night and know all that has happened ? I think Ben is guilty of being stupid enough to hang out in these places because trouble will eventually follow. Be it him or someone else. I'll admit, I've heard terrible stories about Ben long before these last two cases against him. I heard them but, it doesn't mean it's true. Just like Cedric Benson and after all we Steeler fans been through with the Ben saga, how can we now say, " he's guilty, we know, etc ? As a fan from another team I have to admit, " I laugh or take delight knowing some of their bone headed players keep their team from looking straight ahead and hopefully, that helps our Steelers.
For the first time that I can remember our Steelers, fans are on the lousy side of these troubles and it isn't too fun. With all the Ben stuff and what have you along with they didn't find him guilty ( but also not innocent ) I will not judge again or sure try not to. Actually, I may have not judged Ben ar all or possibly from the start but soon decided, he might not be the cad the media and fans had made him out to be.
One more thing, where did you learn that I had changed my tune ? Just for painting a correct picture of my character that you seem to want to point out and find interesting, I'd appreciiate you checking each and every Ben comment that I have made. Before I pass any judgement.

Fezz you were one of the ring leaders in the burn Ben mob. Now with Bensen you have a level head? Come on man.

flippy
07-01-2010, 03:52 PM

What's delusional is believing that accusations = punishment. This isn't the Middle East.

Ben's not fighting it, so why should anyone else?

If I was innocent, I would have fought it.

Heck, even his dad has commented about having his son back which makes him sound guilty.

Crash
07-01-2010, 04:01 PM
If he raped her he needs to be cut, not traded. Why pawn off a rapist to another team? Isn't that tarnishing "The Shield"?

flippy
07-01-2010, 04:04 PM
If he raped her he needs to be cut, not traded. Why pawn off a rapist to another team? Isn't that tarnishing "The Shield"?

Good point. The whole thing stinks!

Why do you think Ben didn't stand up for himself?

cruzer8
07-01-2010, 04:06 PM

Did he have a choice?

Actually he did. I'll tell you what...if I were completely innocent in a situation I would fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence. He went on the offensive against that woman in Nevada. Why? Because it was a lie. He took his punishment with this situation. Why? Because he wasn't completely innocent.

Shoot, if I was on a team that wouldn't support me even though I was innocent. I would be looking for a new team. I would fight the suspension. I would take a lie detecter test and have the results broadcast to the world.

Ben knew he did some stuff that night he wouldn't have done sober. He knew he crossed lines. He knows it, the Rooneys know it, Goodell knows it and most fans know it. It's only a select few that can look at this situation and defend his actions. He put himself in a bad spot, showed poor judgement, purchased alcohol for minors, took an unknown girl into a public restroom (verified by several eye witness accounts) and by doing so got accused of rape. And honestly, if he did touch that girl she was in NO shape to give consent. How can anyone defend that? The burden of evidence is not the same as it is in a criminal court.

He took his punishment because fighting it would mean a 6-8 game suspension for him.

No one is defending Ben's alleged actions. What people are saying is that he was accused of something, there is no definitive proof of those accusations and he is still punished while persons who are actually convicted of crimes go without punishment. It's not that hard to understand really.

Regarding those eyewitness accounts about the bathroom, the three whores are the only ones saying that. The three whores who can't get their stories straight because they were too liquored up to get them straight. And NO ONE cards someone before buying them a drink. That's not reality.

Sincerely,
Your lil ray of sunshine.

Crash
07-01-2010, 04:06 PM

I think the Rooney's told him he needs to change, get help, and accept what Goodell tells him or he's outta here.

cruzer8
07-01-2010, 05:18 PM

I think the Rooney's told him he needs to change, get help, and accept what Goodell tells him or he's outta here.

I think the Rooneys told him not to fight it because they're hoping it will be reduced to four games.

Crash
07-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Shawn the ONLY people who said that Ben followed the girl into the bathroom, or that the bodyguard "led" her to the bathroom, no wait, she was DRAGGED to the back area/bathroom by a bodyguard were her friends.

But the accuser herself?

"I had to go to the bathroom. I said "Let's go to the bathroom, so I went to the bathroom".

Her own words.

Funny though, the media isn't reporting that one.

Those drunken whores also said the bathroom was locked.

Funny, the door has no lock nor a doorknob.

Again, no media reporting that as well.

Shawn
07-01-2010, 06:20 PM

Did he have a choice?

He took his punishment because fighting it would mean a 6-8 game suspension for him.

Really? If he got the union involved after he passed a lie detector you believe he would have gotten 6-8 games? If I'm totally innocent...I take that chance to clear my name. I mean does Ben really need the money at this point? This is his reputation...how much $$$ can you put on that? And if the Steelers wouldn't have stood beside me...that would have been the last game I played for them.

No one is defending Ben's alleged actions. What people are saying is that he was accused of something, there is no definitive proof of those accusations and he is still punished while persons who are actually convicted of crimes go without punishment. It's not that hard to understand really. Proof? This isn't a murder trial. This would be more of a civil situation where you only need to believe 51% that he had done wrong.

Regarding those eyewitness accounts about the bathroom, the three whores are the only ones saying that. The three whores who can't get their stories straight because they were too liquored up to get them straight. And NO ONE cards someone before buying them a drink. That's not reality.

If it didn't happen...why didn't the cops and Colon come to Ben's defense? As soon as the bullets started to fly...they were like ehh uhhh I was't there...um I don't know...etc. Please. And if Ben is at a 18+ college bar buying drinks...he had better card. It's called being responsible. Just because you don't understand that...and you believe everyone acts like that...doesn't make it right. It's not right in the eyes of the law or the eyes of the league.Sincerely,
Your lil ray of sunshine.

Shawn
07-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey Shawn the ONLY people who said that Ben followed the girl into the bathroom, or that the bodyguard "led" her to the bathroom, no wait, she was DRAGGED to the back area/bathroom by a bodyguard were her friends.

But the accuser herself?

"I had to go to the bathroom. I said "Let's go to the bathroom, so I went to the bathroom".

Her own words.

Funny though, the media isn't reporting that one.

Those drunken whores also said the bathroom was locked.

Funny, the door has no lock nor a doorknob.

Again, no media reporting that as well.

So, let me get this straight. You believe Ben done nothing wrong on that night? You don't believe he likes to get liquored up and pull out his penis? This girl wasn't the first one to ever say that about Ben. If Ben was innocent of all wrong doing he would have fought it. He didn't because he was wrong.

Shawn
07-01-2010, 06:24 PM

I agree. And if I was Ben and I was completely innocent I would have told the Rooneys where they could stick their advice. He accepted the advice because he needed to change, he needs help, and he wanted to stay a Steeler.

Crash
07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
So, let me get this straight. You believe Ben done nothing wrong on that night? You don't believe he likes to get liquored up and pull out his penis?

The club manager saw Ben and the accuser talking in the hall. He did not see his junk hanging out like the accuser said he had done in the hall.

Amazing how the accuser when asked what kind of boxers/briefs Ben had on she convienently said Ben had his junk OVER his zipped jeans.

Yeah right.

Ben drank too much. So how can Ben gets six games and Jackson has two DUI's and gets only three?

Jeff Reed is a drunk. Two arrests, and numerous photos of him in debauch, cell phone photos of him taking pics of his junk, and he underwent the same evaluation Ben did.

No suspension.

RuthlessBurgher
07-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Jeff Reed is a drunk. Two arrests, and numerous photos of him in debauch, cell phone photos of him taking pics of his junk, and he underwent the same evaluation Ben did.

No suspension.

That's because Jeff Reed is whi...uhh...dammit!

:stirpot :wink:

stlrz d
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
So, let me get this straight. You believe Ben done nothing wrong on that night? You don't believe he likes to get liquored up and pull out his penis?

The club manager saw Ben and the accuser talking in the hall. He did not see his junk hanging out like the accuser said he had done in the hall.

Amazing how the accuser when asked what kind of boxers/briefs Ben had on she convienently said Ben had his junk OVER his zipped jeans.

Yeah right.

Ben drank too much. So how can Ben gets six games and Jackson has two DUI's and gets only three?

No suspension.

It's just not worth it. They'll just keep throwing out this holier than thou, unrealistic crap, or ask why Ben didn't fight it.

As has been pointed out several times Ben wants the suspension to be as short as possible. Fighting it would only serve to keep it at 6 and possibly increase it to 8.

And a lie detector doesn't mean sh!t. Really, a lie detector? Aye yi yi..........

PS - Colon did state to police that Ben didn't do anything wrong. One story even quoted Colon as saying, when he heard that Ben was accused of assault, "No effing way...no effing way any of that happened".

Google it.

hawaiiansteel
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
PS - Colon did state to police that Ben didn't do anything wrong. One story even quoted Colon as saying, when he heard that Ben was accused of assault, "No effing way...no effing way any of that happened".

the idea that Ben assaulted this girl is laughable...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0609101bigben7.jpg

Shawn
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
It's just not worth it. They'll just keep throwing out this holier than thou, unrealistic crap, or ask why Ben didn't fight it.

Holier than thou? :lol: It's called being a responsible adult...not holy. If you don't understand why this behavior is unacceptable for any grown man let alone the 28 yo QB of the Steelers I don't know what to say. No use explaining it to you.

As has been pointed out several times Ben wants the suspension to be as short as possible. Fighting it would only serve to keep it at 6 and possibly increase it to 8.

I don't know where you get this. Is this an assumption? Get the union involved and make Goodell prove his case...and compare it to other like infractions. He would have likely gotten 2 games. If he was totally innocent of wrong doing he wouldn't have gotten anything.
And a lie detector doesn't mean sh!t. Really, a lie detector? Aye yi yi..........

Yes a lie detector. Police use it...why not the NFL? Are you now a lie detector expert? Do you have some insight about the test that the rest of us don't know?

He was referring to rape...come on. He wasn't referring to buying underaged girls drinks, or taking a girl into the bathroom for relations.

stlrz d
07-01-2010, 11:55 PM

Holier than thou? :lol: It's called being a responsible adult...not holy. If you don't understand why this behavior is unacceptable for any grown man let alone the 28 yo QB of the Steelers I don't know what to say. No use explaining it to you.

I don't know where you get this. Is this an assumption? Get the union involved and make Goodell prove his case...and compare it to other like infractions. He would have likely gotten 2 games. If he was totally innocent of wrong doing he wouldn't have gotten anything.

Yes a lie detector. Police use it...why not the NFL? Are you now a lie detector expert? Do you have some insight about the test that the rest of us don't know?

He was referring to rape...come on. He wasn't referring to buying underaged girls drinks, or taking a girl into the bathroom for relations.

Colon was talking about all of it.

Just forget it. It's not worth it arguing with someone who works in a profession that relies on concrete information yet who makes assumptions and believes accusations.

I hope you approach the care of your patients more carefully than you approach this situation.

And yes...a lie detector? Have you ever really heard of a case in which the NFL put someone to a lie detector? C'mon man, give us a break with this sh!t. 3 drunk, lying whores made up a story (after one of them got mad at Ben for something, called him a rapist and was subsequently kicked out of the VIP area) and you sop it up like a biscuit sopping up gravy.

It's all a bunch of BS. Problem is you jumped on the wrong side of this from the get go based on yellow journalism and now you're just too damn stubborn to admit that Goodell suspended Ben for no good reason. And your only justification is to push your own "morality" on someone you've never even met with regards to a situation that you weren't involved in. Hell, not only were you not involved, you weren't even in the same damn state.

Shawn
07-02-2010, 12:37 AM

Just forget it. It's not worth it arguing with someone who works in a profession that relies on concrete information yet who makes assumptions and believes accusations.

I hope you approach the care of your patients more carefully than you approach this situation.

And yes...a lie detector? Have you ever really heard of a case in which the NFL put someone to a lie detector? C'mon man, give us a break with this sh!t. 3 drunk, lying whores made up a story (after one of them got mad at Ben for something, called him a rapist and was subsequently kicked out of the VIP area) and you sop it up like a biscuit sopping up gravy.

It's all a bunch of BS. Problem is you jumped on the wrong side of this from the get go based on yellow journalism and now you're just too damn stubborn to admit that Goodell suspended Ben for no good reason. And your only justification is to push your own "morality" on someone you've never even met with regards to a situation that you weren't involved in. Hell, not only were you not involved, you weren't even in the same damn state.

I don't consider myself a judgemental person but I do care about what effects the Steelers. If Ben wants to be a putz more power to him. Problem...when he does things that places the team in a bad situation then it becomes an issue for fans. Like I said before...this isn't a criminal case. We don't need evidence to prove without a shadow of a doubt. We only need 51% belief that he broke laws and acted in ways that brought shame to the league. It's not medicine and it's not a criminal case. I am able to see the difference. There was enough evidence and testimony that it convinced me (a huge Ben supporter...very vocal of his innocence of rape). I don't think it's that you are not convinced. You just don't see the big deal.

grotonsteel
07-02-2010, 01:13 AM
We don't need evidence to prove without a shadow of a doubt. We only need 51% belief that he broke laws and acted in ways that brought shame to the league.

What shame did he brought to the league???What law did he broke??? Most of the college going single students do every weekend what Big Ben did unless those students are geeks.

Maybe you need to start supporting Virgin Tim Tebow.

Shawn
07-02-2010, 01:35 AM
We don't need evidence to prove without a shadow of a doubt. We only need 51% belief that he broke laws and acted in ways that brought shame to the league.

What shame did he brought to the league???What law did he broke??? Most of the college going single students do every weekend what Big Ben did unless those students are geeks.

You nailed it. Most COLLEGE going. Ben is a 28 yo QB of the Steelers who had a recent rape accusation. Him hanging out in college bars at his age is just a bit creepy if you ask me. He is out buying drinks for underaged girls and playing around with one of them in a bathroom. It's called growing up and taking responsibility.

As for referring to those student who choose to study rather than party as geeks. Welp you will be calling those same geeks...boss...your honor...President...etc. Yep...call me a geek anytime of the day. And yes I like Tim Tebow...solid guy with a solid head on his shoulders. Being a virgin by choice (if he is) in my opinion shows strength not weakness.

grotonsteel
07-02-2010, 02:00 AM

You nailed it. Most COLLEGE going. Ben is a 28 yo QB of the Steelers who had a recent rape accusation. Him hanging out in college bars at his age is just a bit creepy if you ask me. He is out buying drinks for underaged girls and playing around with one of them in a bathroom. It's called growing up and taking responsibility.

As for referring to those student who choose to study rather than party as geeks. Welp you will be calling those same geeks...boss...your honor...President...etc. Yep...call me a geek anytime of the day. And yes I like Tim Tebow...solid guy with a solid head on his shoulders. Being a virgin by choice (if he is) in my opinion shows strength not weakness.

I did not know you knew Tim Tebow personally...my bad

I don't think people like Obama, Buffet, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Blankfein are geeks. Again its my opinion. One does not need to study 24x7 to become a successful person.

Crash
07-02-2010, 02:57 AM

Ben didn't buy the drinks.

Read Goodell's words carefully.

And, when a bar whore has a over 21 ID on her wrist? That's not a quarterback's fault. The responsibility lies with the bar and it's employees.

stlrz d
07-02-2010, 07:41 AM

I don't consider myself a judgemental person but I do care about what effects the Steelers. If Ben wants to be a putz more power to him. Problem...when he does things that places the team in a bad situation then it becomes an issue for fans. Like I said before...this isn't a criminal case. We don't need evidence to prove without a shadow of a doubt. We only need 51% belief that he broke laws and acted in ways that brought shame to the league. It's not medicine and it's not a criminal case. I am able to see the difference. There was enough evidence and testimony that it convinced me (a huge Ben supporter...very vocal of his innocence of rape). I don't think it's that you are not convinced. You just don't see the big deal.

The only thing I'm convinced of is that 3 skanks came up with an idea out of spite and it backfired on them...but in the process they ruined a man's reputation and even turned his own fans on him.

feltdizz
07-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Doesn't matter how many bad names you call the girls... Ben was buying them shots and let then get too close.

After McNuttie I can't understand why Ben would go to a college dive bar that is 18 and up. The case is still open, what was he thinking? If I'm accused of robbing a bank but its clear I'm innocent, however the case is still open... I damn sure won't be going in banks with skull cap, sunglasses and a hood on to make a transaction. I'm going through the drive thru or onlinbe banking. A little extreme but sheesh...

Ben was very lax and let 3 skank whore slut hoe skeezer chicks get the best of him. I think he has a hard time choosing decent chicks and hey... We have all fallen victim to a big butt and a smile but you can't keep falling for it if you end up in the news.

Poison.... Ahaaa haa ha -BBD

Crash
07-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Nevada isn't a case. It's a lawsuit.

feltdizz
07-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Nevada isn't a case. It's a lawsuit.

and it's still going on...

thanks for the correction.

NJ-STEELER
07-03-2010, 12:46 AM
After McNuttie I can't understand why Ben would go to a college dive bar that is 18 and up. The case is still open, what was he thinking? If I'm accused of robbing a bank but its clear I'm innocent, however the case is still open... I damn sure won't be going in banks with skull cap, sunglasses and a hood on to make a transaction. I'm going through the drive thru or onlinbe banking. A little extreme but sheesh...

that correlation makes zero sense.

mcnuttie is 30 years old and worked at a resort ben stayed in.

how does that compare to going to a 18 and up bar (where one of his neighbors told them they would be around people closer to their age)

hawaiiansteel
07-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Seven big-name players who should be cut

Mike Florio
Friday, Jul. 2, 2010

NFL teams typically hate to admit a mistake. And so they hang on to guys who don't belong much longer than they should.

Earlier this year, the Raiders realized it was time to cut the cord on quarterback JaMarcus Russell. After the move, many who had loudly criticized the franchise began to wonder whether Oakland might be ready for a resurrection.

What other teams could inspire confidence by making a move that simply needs to be made? Let's consider seven players.

Mike Vick

The Eagles need a quality backup for starting quarterback Kevin Kolb. The Eagles don't need a season-long sideshow from a wildcat gimmick who simply isn't prepared to serve as Kolb's understudy.

So the Eagles should seize on the recent controversy involving Vick to close the door on the failed one-year experiment with him.

Even if Vick stays in Philadelphia, the Eagles need a competent veteran backup with experience in the West Coast offense. So they should just dump Vick now, sign Jeff Garcia and move on.

Pride and ego could get in the way. The Eagles went out on a limb last year to sign Vick, and cutting him now amounts to an admission that they never should have signed him in the first place.

By the way, they never should have signed him in the first place.

Reggie Bush

The Saints rely on a multi-headed attack at tailback, and Bush is only a bit player in the offense. But the Saints owe him a base salary of $8 million for 2010.

On one hand, the Saints should have every right in an uncapped year to spend way too much on a locally beloved role player who'll never live up to the hype. On the other hand, the Saints shouldn't ignore the connection between Bush's overcompensation and their inability to sign the franchise's top running back, Pierre Thomas, to a long-term deal.

Ideally, the Saints would pressure Bush into taking less money. But he'd most likely refuse, and then the Saints would have to decide whether to call his bluff by cutting him.
So they should just cut him now. They won't, but they should.

Albert Haynesworth

The Redskins have an opportunity to unite their roster under new coach Mike Shanahan by telling the reluctant defensive lineman that, if he doesn't want to be part of the team, the team doesn't want him.

Forget trying to trade him for a handful of peanuts and a '98 Camaro. Make a loud and clear statement by cutting Haynesworth.

If the Redskins are concerned about saving face, they can take solace in the fact that Haynesworth's decision to blow off mandatory minicamp voids $9 million in guaranteed base salaries for 2010 and 2011. Though cutting Haynesworth now wouldn't wipe away the misguided decision to pay him a $21 million roster bonus on April 1, making a strong statement about one of the NFL's most disliked men would have a far greater intangible value to the new regime in D.C.

Deion Branch

Believe it or not, Branch has never had a 1,000-yard receiving season in his eight-year career.

He came close in 2005, his last year in New England, but fell two yards short.

Since Seattle traded a first-round pick for Branch and signed him to a six-year, $39 million contract, his production steadily has dropped, and his salary has increased.

Last year, Branch made more than $100,000 per reception. This year, his salary rises to $5.47 million. It no longer makes sense for the Seahawks to wait for Branch to deliver. He never will.

Roy Williams

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has shown he's not afraid to admit a mistake. Last year, he did it twice -- with receiver Terrell Owens and cornerback Pacman Jones.

Now, Jones needs to eat a Texas-sized slice of humble pie and part ways with one of the biggest blunders of his tenure with the team. He needs to cut Williams.

Arguably, the handwriting already is on the wall less than two years after the Cowboys gave up a first-round pick, a third-round pick and more for a receiver who's now averaging $9 million per year. After Miles Austin's breakout in 2009 and the first-round selection of Dez Bryant in 2010, the Cowboys simply don't need Williams.

Having Williams around gives the Cowboys leverage against an extended holdout by Bryant. However, once Bryant puts pen to paper, Jones should put shoe to Williams' rear end.

Bob Sanders

In 2006, the Colts were horrible against the run, prompting concerns that the Chiefs would quickly bounce Indy from the playoffs by using a heavy dose of Larry Johnson.

Then the safety Sanders returned from injury, and Johnson gained 32 yards on 13 carries in a 23-8 loss. Three games later, the Colts hoisted a silver trophy in a South Florida downpour.

Sanders missed nearly all of the 2009 season, but the Colts didn't miss Sanders. They made it back to the Super Bowl, and they didn't lose it because of his replacement.

The injury-prone defender packs a wallop when he's healthy, but he's healthy too rarely to justify his salary.

So the Colts should make the tough decision to move on.

http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/cedric-benson-boat.jpg

Cedric Benson

The Bengals routinely are criticized for harboring criminals. They do so not because they hope to change lives, but because they know a bargain when they see one.

Two years ago, they saw a bargain in Benson when the Bears dumped the former fourth-overall draft pick after two arrests in a month. And the Bengals got 1,251 yards out of him in only 13 games last season.

With 2010 being a contract year for Benson, they can expect even more.

But Benson has gotten in trouble again, and Bernard Scott was solid in his rookie season. Scott, who slid in the draft due to his own off-field issues, could become the lead dog for the Bengals.

The Bengals most likely will give Benson another year of their patent-pending second chances. If they do, they'll probably see someone else offer Benson big money in 2011. That's all the more reason to make a rare (for the Bengals) example out of Benson. Then, they can get ready to give a few second chances to Scott.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article ... z0sbLddbWS (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-07-02/seven-big-name-players-who-should-be-cut#ixzz0sbLddbWS)

feltdizz
07-03-2010, 09:30 AM

that correlation makes zero sense.

mcnuttie is 30 years old and worked at a resort ben stayed in.

how does that compare to going to a 18 and up bar (where one of his neighbors told them they would be around people closer to their age)

it's not a comparison... Who cares how old mcnulty was, if a lawsuit is open you don't ask where the young bitches are and go sling shots with them. Why is he partying? I'm not saying Ben needs to stay in a cave but if he is still involved/linked in a lawsuit... why is he so lax when he knows what chicks will do for a dollar?

Vick is in trouble again over a shooting at a party he had. Why is he partying?

Crash
07-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I would bet TeBag isn't a virgin with the tail he's dated in the past.

feltdizz
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I would bet TeBag isn't a virgin with the tail he's dated in the past.

Doesn't matter... his followers believe he walks on water.

Crash
07-04-2010, 01:21 PM
And yes I like Tim Tebow...solid guy with a solid head on his shoulders.

http://drunkathlete.com/2008/09/08/tim-tebow-qb-florida

feltdizz
07-04-2010, 01:43 PM
And yes I like Tim Tebow...solid guy with a solid head on his shoulders.

http://drunkathlete.com/2008/09/08/tim-tebow-qb-florida

Maybe he is so pure the smell of alcohol alone is intoxicating. The expectations for this kid are amazing... if he doesn't have a great career will he be the biggest bust ever?

It reminds me of the rapper Drake... he was said to be the savior of the music biz, all types of hype and expectations. He sold half a million albums his first week and most say he flopped.

If Tebow looks like a rookie he is going to get Ryan Leaf status. His fans expect way to much of him and if he gets crushed or sacked I'm afraid his fans may cry or demand new rules for him.

papillon
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Pappy

There absolutely is doubt about what exactly he was doing. There are no consistent accounts of what happened that night. None.

You don't punish someone based on inconsistent hearsay. You pull them aside and say, "Look, we don't know for sure what took place but this doesn't look good so you need to do something to assure (as much as possible) that something like this doesn't happen again."

Sorry for not leaving children out of this, but I imagine that's what any rational parent would do to their child...and yes, it is a valid analogy. Because the important part is that you don't punish someone for something if you aren't absolutely 100% positive that they did exactly what you think they did. But Goodell doesn't operate that way so now we all pay the price. Meanwhile, people who are accused of, and charged with, actual crimes go unpunished. That's wrong on many levels.

I think people who believe no suspension was warranted will let it be when there is some CONSISTENCY in the enforcement of this vague conduct "policy" so that it applies equally to everyone it's supposed to apply to. Did you hear the one about the Saints assistant coach who just pleaded guilty to FEDERAL CONSPIRACY CHARGES? What do you think will become of him? He pleaded guilty to a FEDERAL crime...you'd think that would warrant some league punishment, right???

At least we agree that the media lynching is unwarranted. :)

Whatever, you believe Ben was completely innocent of any wrongdoing and I believe that he behaved like an ignorant, no class caveman for a second time. He didn't do anything criminal, only embarrassing to his family and the Steelers. Should he be suspended? Probably 4-6 games? Definitely not None of this takes away the fact that his social skills are nearly non-existent.

And, just as an FYI, if either of our kids would do this type of thing I would be extremely upset that we hadn't taught them better. I would ask them if they would treat their mother, sister or cousin in such fashion and if they were still living under my roof there would be ramifications for their churlish behavior. I certainly hope that neither of our boys treat or talk to women in the fashion that Ben believes is socially acceptable (regardless of the female motive). Having self control and class isn't really that difficult, Ben should try it; he'll be a better person for it in the end.

Pappy

Crash
07-04-2010, 02:58 PM
None of you know how Ben talks to women because you weren't there.

It was a two way sexual conversation. Miss DTF also told a stranger (Willie Colon) that her nickname was "down to f**k".

Enough of portraying her as an innocent victim.

The "take my shots" line was done in a "party way" according to one witness. Funny how that part of the quote isn't printed.

Like I said, now we know why he wasn't charged. We also know why the media in Pittsburgh decided to "move on" after the audios were released, because it exposed their selective editing and witch hunt for what it was.

A farce.

Did Ben "act like a caveman" when he told Andrea McNulty that he would take her fly-fishing in Wyoming? McNulty was obviously so distraught by being with Ben that she went to dinner with him the night after they were in his hotel room, and was so stressed by being with Ben she told her online boyfriend months later that if they broke up she would date Ben Roethlisberger.

Facts people. Deal in them.

BURGH86STEEL
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
[quote=Shawn]It's just not worth it. They'll just keep throwing out this holier than thou, unrealistic crap, or ask why Ben didn't fight it.

The only thing I'm convinced of is that 3 skanks came up with an idea out of spite and it backfired on them...but in the process they ruined a man's reputation and even turned his own fans on him.[/quote:2vexuj62]

I always wonder how people can think of ladies they don't know as "skanks" and then think that Ben did nothing wrong? If the ladies had a plan, one can reach the conclusion that Ben had a plan too. Only problem is that all the ladies did not have anything to gain. Only one would have the opportunity to benefit financially. That financial gain would come at a cost. Some people can reach the conclusion that Ben had a plan to get that young lady drunk and then take advantage of her. That is something that rubs some people with female family members the wrong way. None of the speculation about plans can be proven. Does not look good whatever one's stance on this subject. It's sad for all parties involved.

The Facts: Sorry D, Ben ruined his own reputation by putting himself in that situation in the first place. He controlled everything about that situation. The people, the place, and being in a bathroom with a drunk woman he just met. It is easy to understand why he was accused.

feltdizz
07-04-2010, 07:40 PM
:Agree

papillon
07-04-2010, 10:40 PM

It was a two way sexual conversation. Miss DTF also told a stranger (Willie Colon) that her nickname was "down to f**k".

The "take my shots" line was done in a "party way" according to one witness. Funny how that part of the quote isn't printed.

Like I said, now we know why he wasn't charged. We also know why the media in Pittsburgh decided to "move on" after the audios were released, because it exposed their selective editing and witch hunt for what it was.

A farce.

Did Ben "act like a caveman" when he told Andrea McNulty that he would take her fly-fishing in Wyoming? McNulty was obviously so distraught by being with Ben that she went to dinner with him the night after they were in his hotel room, and was so stressed by being with Ben she told her online boyfriend months later that if they broke up she would date Ben Roethlisberger.

Ben has acted like a privileged fool from about day one. A few of the veterans didn't care for his attitude. Some of the fans didn't care for his attitude. His own father has admitted that he didn't know "Big Ben" and is looking forward to having his son back. Some will always think that Ben was choir boy that evening in Georgia and others will think he raped someone. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

I don't believe there was any sexual assault or rape. I do believe that he cast a bad light on the Steelers by drawing all this negative attention on the team and himself. It was preventable and in the end it was regrettable. He'll get a 4 game suspension, too many in my mind for not being convicted of anything other than bad judgment. But, in the end, hopefully, he'll understand the responsibility that goes along with being the franchise quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pappy

stlrz d
07-05-2010, 12:22 AM

A farce.

Exactly. No one was there but everyone wants to assume. Pap says he believes Ben acted like a caveman yet Pap wasn't there and there are several accounts that Ben was just out having a good time...yet Pap chooses to ignore them and instead believe all the yellow journalism. Burgh states that Ben was in the bathroom with the chick, yet the only 3 people saying that Ben was in the bathroom with the chick were the chick and her 2 friends. No one else has stated this. No one.

And I've typed it a million effing times and will continue to type it. I'll even put it in really effing big letters for you so you can't possibly effing miss it, Pap and Burgh:

I did NOT say that Ben was innocent OR guilty. What I have said over and over and over and over and over and over AND over again is that NONE OF US WERE THERE AND NONE OF US KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT DID OR DID NOT HAPPEN.

You guys make assumptions based on what was bandied about in the press. I didn't. And the people who were privy to ALL of the information weren't able to bring charges against him. And before you say it, yes, they could still press charges even if the accuser didn't want to...but they didn't have any evidence. No DNA, no consistency in the accounts of what took place, nothing. They had nothing but three drunk SoHo's with an agenda after one of them was kicked out of the VIP area for calling Ben a rapist. That's it.

Got it?

Good...and thank effing God!

:roll:

Crash
07-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Some people can reach the conclusion that Ben had a plan to get that young lady drunk and then take advantage of her.

Oh really?

So it was Ben's plan to have Miss DTF drinking jello shots earlier in the day, and then at different clubs before she met Ben?

It was also Ben's plan to have Miss DTF follow him from club to club all night right?

Read. The. Facts. Please.

It is easy to understand why he was accused.

Yeah he was accused by one of the ho's who called him a rapist and mentioned Reno earlier in the evening which prompted her to be removed from the VIP room.

Do you really think mere minutes after Ben was called a rapist he went ahead and raped a gal? Use you head.

Ben has acted like a privileged fool from about day one

Oh bullsh*t. Ben doesn't kiss ass. So people call that being cocky. I'm tired of Mike Logan being Hines Ward's mouthpiece also when he spreads gossip about locker room stuff as well.

Just like Logan talking about NOW how Ben isn't liked.

He was voted team captain the last two years and team MVP last season. So someone likes him.

I have a funny feeling when Ward goes, the "stories" of Ben not being liked in the locker room will go with him.

papillon
07-05-2010, 08:34 AM

A farce.

Exactly. No one was there but everyone wants to assume. Pap says he believes Ben acted like a caveman yet Pap wasn't there and there are several accounts that Ben was just out having a good time...yet Pap chooses to ignore them and instead believe all the yellow journalism. Burgh states that Ben was in the bathroom with the chick, yet the only 3 people saying that Ben was in the bathroom with the chick were the chick and her 2 friends. No one else has stated this. No one.

And I've typed it a million effing times and will continue to type it. I'll even put it in really effing big letters for you so you can't possibly effing miss it, Pap and Burgh:

I did NOT say that Ben was innocent OR guilty. What I have said over and over and over and over and over and over AND over again is that NONE OF US WERE THERE AND NONE OF US KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT DID OR DID NOT HAPPEN.

You guys make assumptions based on what was bandied about in the press. I didn't. And the people who were privy to ALL of the information weren't able to bring charges against him. And before you say it, yes, they could still press charges even if the accuser didn't want to...but they didn't have any evidence. No DNA, no consistency in the accounts of what took place, nothing. They had nothing but three drunk SoHo's with an agenda after one of them was kicked out of the VIP area for calling Ben a rapist. That's it.

Got it?

Good...and thank effing God!

And, if you would read what I write (or is that too much to ask?) I haven't convicted him of anything other than poor judgment. The fact that police were involved whether they were necessary or not is proof enough that Ben behaved poorly and used bad judgment. Police and the DA do not get involved and execute an investigation for no reason. So, you go on believing that Ben was innocent as a choir boy that evening and that he was just out having a good time and the women from Georgia schemed up some diabolical plan to extract some of Ben's wealth from him.

You weren't there either and have no clue about the woman's motive, desire or sexual proclivity and yet, you've called her a skank, Soho and a few other superb adjectives. No one knows why she went with Ben to the "bathroom" area and we have no idea what happened once back there, but you're certain that she's a tramp. Way to judge without the facts.

I've said more than once that I don't believe Ben deserved a suspension by the league and the Steelers should punish him. However, the Rooneys see the events differently than you and they were not pleased with Ben's behavior and worked with the commissioner to set his penalty. Many have accepted the penalty except for the diehard "she's a tramp and Ben is an angel group".

For one last time (so read slowly, so that you can comprehend the words) I don't believe Ben did anything criminal, I do believe he exercised poor judgment and shed bad light on the Steelers and his family (In both instances). I also believe that a suspension handed down by the Steeler organization would be appropriate, however, the league got involved and gave Ben 4-6 games. Since, Ben has, by all accounts done all the necessary things to satisfy the NFL his suspension should be 4 games. Good for him, hopefully, he'll learn from his experience and show some restraint and sound judgment when he's out in public.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-05-2010, 11:37 AM
IMO ....

It's not a morality play, or "pointing him back on to the straight and narrow".

It is called "PROTECTING OUR INVESTMENT". Nothing more, nothing less.

Rightly or wrongly, Goodell and the Rooney's probably thought that without intervention they were going to LOSE their marquis player ("elite"!!). They figured this was the best way to get his attention, and change that "glide path".

I think it is exactly what I might do in similar circumstances.

fezziwig
07-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Fezz you were one of the ring leaders in the burn Ben mob. Now with Bensen you have a level head? Come on man.

Again, have you looked up any of my Ben post that I may have been a Ben is guilty, innocent or fence sitter on the topic ?

BTW, what was your take on it ? Were you all for Ben because you think no Steeler could be guilty ? Do you just think Ben is innocent due to needing more proof or whatever ?
I'll admit, " I heard lousy Ben stories long before these last two episodes of Ben being sometype of masher. " I do question why we haven't heard nice Ben stories other than police dogs and Ronald McDonald house and stuff like that and that is quality stuff.

feltdizz
07-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Everyone has said Ben was guilty of POOR JUDGMENT...

Regardless of the outcome most felt Ben would receive punishment because of the circumstances. I don't care about Benson, Vick, PacMan, Jasckson, Cable or MLB players getting in trouble... none of their crimes or charges change the impact Ben had on our team this off season.

This was all about Ben and his mistakes that cast a negative light on our team.

Crash
07-05-2010, 02:26 PM
The fact that police were involved whether they were necessary or not is proof enough that Ben behaved poorly and used bad judgment. Police and the DA do not get involved and execute an investigation for no reason.

They were called. That's what gets them involved. If it wasn't Ben, the investigation would have lasted about a week.

So, you go on believing that Ben was innocent as a choir boy that evening and that he was just out having a good time and the women from Georgia schemed up some diabolical plan to extract some of Ben's wealth from him.

No, the friend of the accuser who started this did it as payback when she was removed from the VIP room for calling Ben a rapist.

Ben wasn't charged, they didn't have probable cause for an arrest.

But the embarrassment she caused to him was damaging enough.

siss
07-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Everyone has said Ben was guilty of POOR JUDGMENT...

Regardless of the outcome most felt Ben would receive punishment because of the circumstances. I don't care about Benson, Vick, PacMan, Jasckson, Cable or MLB players getting in trouble... none of their crimes or charges change the impact Ben had on our team this off season.

This was all about Ben and his mistakes that cast a negative light on our team.
This!

grotonsteel
07-06-2010, 05:47 AM
I always wonder how people can think of ladies they don't know as "skanks"

A 20 year old girl with a fake id so that she can booze and do club hopping with "Down To Fcuk" is a skank, beeyotch whatever you wanna call. One does not need any other facts.

I would request that girl's father to send her to rehab.

flippy
07-06-2010, 07:28 AM
The only thing I'm convinced of is that 3 skanks came up with an idea out of spite and it backfired on them...but in the process they ruined a man's reputation and even turned his own fans on him.

So you know the girls that accused Ben? :stirpot

And they confided their intentions to you? :stirpot

The only thing we know for certain is Ben was punished and accepted the punishment. Everything else is speculation about Ben or the girls.

If you're calling the girls "skanks" to mock the hypocrisy, then I get what you're saying here.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

flippy
07-06-2010, 07:34 AM
\

What I have said over and over and over and over and over and over AND over again is that NONE OF US WERE THERE AND NONE OF US KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT DID OR DID NOT HAPPEN.

three drunk SoHo's with an agenda

ie. It's ok to judge the girls, just not ok to judge Ben. We've read it over and over and over and over and over....... :stirpot

stlrz d
07-06-2010, 07:50 AM
I call the girls skanks, ho's, etc 1) because I saw the recordings of their inconsistent stories and it's pretty clear what they were up to and 2) because I am a misogynistic SOB. ;)

fezziwig
07-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I thought Ben received too hard of a punishment and four game suspension tops should have been more than enough. This was a three max suspension that in all reality it should have been a one game suspension for not even being convicted or found guilty. If it was Brady, it would have all been swept under the rug.

I believe Crash or feltdizz said it correctly, anyone else and it would have been old news after one week.

You or I knew once the air started to clear you would have other fans pointing the finger of, " they were always on Bens side and everyone else was not. "

feltdizz
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I thought Ben received too hard of a punishment and four game suspension tops should have been more than enough. This was a three max suspension that in all reality it should have been a one game suspension for not even being convicted or found guilty. If it was Brady, it would have all been swept under the rug.

I believe Crash or feltdizz said it correctly, anyone else and it would have been old news after one week.

You or I knew once the air started to clear you would have other fans pointing the finger of, " they were always on Bens side and everyone else was not. "

Having to decide if he did it or not "AGAIN" was the nail in the coffin. Players having to answer similar questions about Ben's character off the field "AGAIN" was the reason I felt he would get suspended.

I thought it would be 2 to 4 games... the 6 to 4 with good behavior was a little odd but the timing of it (right before the draft and with no real sports news to over shadow it) made it bigger than it was.

The media treat players the way they feel they are treated..for the most part. However, when ratings are down sometimes a non story becomes a great story.

Marvin Harrison shot someone and an innocent bystander, right before the season and we went a whole season with zero updates on the case.

Steve Smith breaks his arm playing flag football... his agent gives a great excuse... but Florio can't stand Steve Smith so he digs until he gets the real story.

flippy
07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I call the girls skanks, ho's 2) because I am a misogynistic SOB. ;)

:lol

Crash
07-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Marvin Harrison shot someone and an innocent bystander

And yet he's free to sign with any team, isn't he?

Crash
07-06-2010, 12:24 PM

Two fake IDs in a month for Miss DTF. Dressed with DTF on her clothing. Sexually flirted with a man she just met (Ben) including pinching his as$ and inviting him to the bathroom.

Told another man she just met (Willie Colon) that her nickname was "down to f**k".

Yeah, I'd say that makes her a skank.

feltdizz
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Marvin Harrison shot someone and an innocent bystander

And yet he's free to sign with any team, isn't he?

2 words...

Peyton Manning

feltdizz
07-06-2010, 12:48 PM

Two fake IDs in a month for Miss DTF. Dressed with DTF on her clothing. Sexually flirted with a man she just met (Ben) including pinching his as$ and inviting him to the bathroom.

Told another man she just met (Willie Colon) that her nickname was "down to f**k".

You must have never went to college. Plenty of girls who are now married to guys in America have had nights like these... LOL!

One night doesn't make Ben a predator... unless that night involves rape and SA...

and one night doesn't make a chick a skank... unless that night involves 3 to 4 guys and an Amtrak

Crash
07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
and one night doesn't make a chick a skank... unless that night involves 3 to 4 guys and an Amtrak

That's the SECOND time in a month Miss DTF had a fake ID.

I'd say she's a "pro" at being a bar skank.

ikestops85
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM

You must have never went to college. Plenty of girls who are now married to guys in America have had nights like these... LOL!

One night doesn't make Ben a predator... unless that night involves rape and SA...

:Clap Bravo!

I'm not going to call her a skank just like I'm not calling Ben a predator but based on her interview with the police her story rings false to me so I think I would call her a liar.

fezziwig
07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
You guys are right about the only off season news was Ben and it was the fuel for all the media to drive into the news season. I still think it being the Steelers it took on a life of its own because, many of the sport folks that have other teams as their favorite now can take a shot at the Steelers. Can't beat them on the field for the most part by having won six SB's, can't knock the ownership but when a Steeler steps out of line, they cast their stones.

I think if this was Tampa, Arizona, Cleveland or any other city that isn't to well known for its football team or Super Stars it, wouldn't have made such headlines. I guess it comes with the part of being good and famous.

And for all you Cleveland fans that want to argue what I said about not being known for your football team, Super Star, good and famous, take it as a compliment that you even had your city mentioned next to those words.

1. Your team is only known so well because it loses so well.

2. After Jim Brown ( a real sex offender) who has given your team an identity ?

3. Number two kind of sums up the rest about being good and famous. Cleveland, NOT !

Shawn
07-07-2010, 04:00 PM

:Clap Bravo!

I'm not going to call her a skank just like I'm not calling Ben a predator but based on her interview with the police her story rings false to me so I think I would call her a liar.

$$$

Ben is no more a predator than you or I. He was horney and drunk. That doesn't make him a horrible person but it did put him in a bad situation. There are certain places I don't go for fear of consequences. I learned much of this the hard way. Ben is in the same boat. He is hard headed and wants to do what he wants to do. But, if he wants to QB this team...he has to redirect that energy away from college bars.

BURGH86STEEL
07-07-2010, 06:22 PM

A 20 year old girl with a fake id so that she can booze and do club hopping with "Down To Fcuk" is a skank, beeyotch whatever you wanna call. One does not need any other facts.

There were other ladies that someone referred to as skanks. I don't know any of those young ladies so I can't refer to them skanks. Just like I can't refer to Ben as a sexual predator. Many college students regret many things they did at those ages. I bet we have a few around here that regret a few things they did.

I agree that young lady needs better guidance. Going around with "DTF" is not a good idea. Even if she did not mean "DTF", it sends out the wrong signal.

What does it say about Ben that he would attempt to have sexual relations with a lady like that? IMO, he should had stayed away from a woman running around with DTF on her person. That DTF should had been a red flag. Those are the type of women the league warns players about.

fezziwig
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm a firm believer of what goes around comes around and that words can haunt you and cause much damage to a persons life. With that knowledge I still at times place all size 11 shoe into my mouth at times. What really surprises me about placing my foot in my mouth is this, " sometimes I even get the other one to fit in there too."

I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to making an opinion from the hip and I've really try not to any longer. I'm a person that wishes he was smarter in my youth because now I see how stupid ignorant I may have been to others. Someone once told me to stop beating myself up for being young and that does help me to deal with the sometime regrets.

I try to stop working myself over for being young and I'll do the same with Ben and others. Seems I can forgive others quicker than I forgive myself or at all.

Talking to a guy today at work and his daughter is going off to college this year and he is afraid for her safety. Daughter getting drunk or drugged and then the guys taking advantage of her. He said he knows it's going to happen (partying) and he is telling his daughter to be on guard and never let her guard down because guys are horndogs and have no problem doing a drunk chick.

stlrz d
07-07-2010, 10:22 PM

There were other ladies that someone referred to as skanks. I don't know any of those young ladies so I can't refer to them skanks. Just like I can't refer to Ben as a sexual predator. Many college students regret many things they did at those ages. I bet we have a few around here that regret a few things they did.

I agree that young lady needs better guidance. Going around with "DTF" is not a good idea. Even if she did not mean "DTF", it sends out the wrong signal.

What does it say about Ben that he would attempt to have sexual relations with a lady like that? IMO, he should had stayed away from a woman running around with DTF on her person. That DTF should had been a red flag. Those are the type of women the league warns players about.

Well Ben didn't admit to any such thing and the 3 nice, young, innocent, sweet, pristine girls are the only ones saying that he did attempt to have sexual relations.

The lack of DNA says he didn't.

fezziwig
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Not to say because a girl goes into a bathroom or an apartment, parked car with a guy they now have an obligation to put out but, what do these girls think is going to happen ? I mean, girls should be smart enough that guys are going to make a pass at them and they should not be in a place that leaves them to need to deal with such actions if they don't want it. Again, not saying it's the girls fault they need to be smart about things.
I bar hopped with girls at times with some I knew some I had just met. I never thought they owed me anything because of it but, I sure would stay alert to any signs or hints that she might be willing. Oh one more thing, no always meant no to me and if I seen or heard a girl didn't want too go to far, I backed off.

Who is really to say that Ben did anything wrong other than going into the bathroom and who knows other than the girl whos, DNA was on her that night ?
I watch all the crime series and DNA always seems to be the truth teller.

Crash
07-08-2010, 12:06 AM
DA Bright failed to comment on if Miss DTF had relations earlier in the day or days before.

One of two things happened:

They know who the DNA belongs to, and it isn't Ben

or

The "small amount" of DNA is actually NO DNA period and they looked like fools for requesting his DNA in the press mere days after the accusation based on the words of Miss DTF herself.

NJ-STEELER
07-08-2010, 01:40 AM
DA Bright failed to comment on if Miss DTF had relations earlier in the day or days before.

thats something i've wondered from the start.

what did the girl do or what did her friends think she did to earn that "DTF sticker"

you dont just randomly put a 'down to f**k sticker on someone

grotonsteel
07-08-2010, 07:31 AM

what did the girl do or what did her friends think she did to earn that "DTF sticker"

:Agree

feltdizz
07-08-2010, 09:40 AM

its a sticker:roll:

you act like she was branded with a hot iron. :lol:

fezziwig
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
DTF ?

BURGH86STEEL
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Well Ben didn't admit to any such thing and the 3 nice, young, innocent, sweet, pristine girls are the only ones saying that he did attempt to have sexual relations.

Ben didn't deny anything like he did with Mcnulty.

The bottom line is that Ben should not had been there to be accused under those circumstances. I will repeat, he has no one to blame but himself. Can't blame the media, the woman, his bouncers, or anyone else. It all started and ended with Ben. It's really that simple.

fezziwig
07-08-2010, 04:54 PM

The bottom line is that Ben should not had been there to be accused under those circumstances. I will repeat, he has no one to blame but himself. Can't blame the media, the woman, his bouncers, or anyone else. It all started and ended with Ben. It's really that simple.

yep

Crash
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM

One is a civil suit. One is a criminal suit.

When Ben was cleared in Georgia one of the first things out of his mouth was "I committed no crime".

What do you want? Details when a civil case could be coming?

It was wrong to suspend him. Goodell gave in to black players and black media.

cruzer8
07-08-2010, 05:42 PM

When Ben was cleared in Georgia one of the first things out of his mouth was "I committed no crime".

True that. He said he committed no crime. Sounds like he denied something to me. :D

BURGH86STEEL
07-08-2010, 07:10 PM

So let's say Ben continued on his merry way without any repercussions for his actions.
He still has the sense of entitlement and feels he can treat people poorly. He then goes on to get accused of sexual assault for a 3rd time. Only this time, the girl hits the mark. Ben goes to jail. Would you be happy with that end result?

It is obvious the organization felt Ben needed to be suspended to "wake him up." Nothing else seemed to work. Maybe now that he is faced with the proposition of being suspended for a year, he will learn to think and act like responsible adult.

The organization obviously knows Ben better then any of us. There were reasons they wanted him suspended. Why do you think the organization wanted Ben suspended?

Crash
07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't want any man to go to jail unless they have evidence to convict him.

I will guarantee you, that the organization would have suspended him one game, MAYBE two.

But I'm sorry, 6 games for an accusation? When convicted felons and habitual DUI offenders are getting less?

That's a crock.

BURGH86STEEL
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't want any man to go to jail unless they have evidence to convict him.

I will guarantee you, that the organization would have suspended him one game, MAYBE two.

But I'm sorry, 6 games for an accusation? When convicted felons and habitual DUI offenders are getting less?

That's a crock.

I don't like to see anyone go to jail either. Ben PUT himself in situations that lead to 2 accusations. I believe that if he continued down that path, it would be a matter of time before one accusation hit its mark.

You can't guarantee what the organization would had did unless you were part of the decision making process and conversations with the league office. Based on the length of the suspension, the organization gave their blessings. I believe they felt it was needed to help Ben change his life style. Only time will tell if Ben got the message.

Ben won't be with the Steelers for long if he did not get the message. Like it or not, that's not a crock based on the stance the organization took.

It's difficult for me to understand why people can''t see the positives that may result for Ben because of the actions taken by the organization and league. It is what they hope to achieve. Complaining about how unfair the suspension is and making comparisons to other situations is pointless.

NJ-STEELER
07-08-2010, 10:29 PM

its a sticker:roll:

you act like she was branded with a hot iron. :lol:

no, but friends are brutal and for the most part truthful in that way.

did the any of the other girls have a DTF sticker on?

Crash
07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
The organization feared it would be 8-10 games. That doesn't sound like an organization who was on the "same page" or "agreed" with Goodell on the length if they were "fearing" the amount of games.

The first accusation was horsecrap. The second one was spurned on by the first.

But the media won't tell you that part. They won't tell you that one of the accuser's friends was removed from the VIP room for mentioning Reno, then the same person spearheaded the second accusation later in the evening.

I'm still not convinced Ben is here long term, I could easily see them pawning him off to another team for better draft position after they "rehabilitate him" just to appease the Yinzer public who wants him gone.

Just don't come crying to me when Ben continues to win, and we end up with numerous 4-12 seasons.

stlrz d
07-08-2010, 11:43 PM
The organization feared it would be 8-10 games. That doesn't sound like an organization who was on the "same page" or "agreed" with Goodell on the length if they were "fearing" the amount of games.

But the media won't tell you that part. They won't tell you that one of the accuser's friends was removed from the VIP room for mentioning Reno, then the same person spearheaded the second accusation later in the evening.

I'm still not convinced Ben is here long term, I could easily see them pawning him off to another team for better draft position after they "rehabilitate him" just to appease the Yinzer public who wants him gone.

Just don't come crying to me when Ben continues to win, and we end up with numerous 4-12 seasons.

The way Steelers fans turned on Ben is disgusting.

Shawn
07-09-2010, 12:07 AM

Personally, the only thing I find disgusting is when Steeler fans assumed Ben was guilty of rape. While I wish all the players on the team I root for were great guys of high moral integrity...I realize that just isn't the case for any team. That isn't a slam on Ben because I don't know Ben. I don't judge him as a person. I do think his actions put himself and the team in a tough spot. It hurt the team. And that is what I truly care about. With that said, we can claim Ben was once again a victim...or we can realize that Ben is a big boy and has to own his behaviors. Why is it that many high profile athletes can go about their business without as much as a minor brush with the law while others can't? Pure chance? No. Maturity and insight go a long way in preventing these kinds of things occuring. Hopefully Ben gets that now.

stlrz d
07-09-2010, 08:02 AM

Personally, the only thing I find disgusting is when Steeler fans assumed Ben was guilty of rape. While I wish all the players on the team I root for were great guys of high moral integrity...I realize that just isn't the case for any team. That isn't a slam on Ben because I don't know Ben. I don't judge him as a person. I do think his actions put himself and the team in a tough spot. It hurt the team. And that is what I truly care about. With that said, we can claim Ben was once again a victim...or we can realize that Ben is a big boy and has to own his behaviors. Why is it that many high profile athletes can go about their business without as much as a minor brush with the law while others can't? Pure chance? No. Maturity and insight go a long way in preventing these kinds of things occuring. Hopefully Ben gets that now.

I live in an NFL city. A small one. THE smallest one as a matter of fact. There's no place for Packers players to hide when they go out. Most people, yourself included, would be absolutely shocked to see what they do and how they behave when out...and that they get away with it. You'd be shocked to see how many women just offer themselves up to these guys...and they're taken up on their offers. Often.

The first incident in Reno was with a nut job. The facts that came out about her are indisputable proof of that. There is nothing wrong with a single man hooking up with a woman in a hotel room. Happens millions of times a day, every day, all around the world. Unfortunately for Ben, the time he did it in Reno happened to be with a wacko.

This second incident was spearheaded by a woman who was kicked out of the VIP area for calling Ben a rapist. Period.

feltdizz
07-09-2010, 09:38 AM
[quote=Crash]The organization feared it would be 8-10 games. That doesn't sound like an organization who was on the "same page" or "agreed" with Goodell on the length if they were "fearing" the amount of games.

I live in an NFL city. A small one. THE smallest one as a matter of fact. There's no place for Packers players to hide when they go out. Most people, yourself included, would be absolutely shocked to see what they do and how they behave when out...and that they get away with it. You'd be shocked to see how many women just offer themselves up to these guys...and they're taken up on their offers. Often.

The first incident in Reno was with a nut job. The facts that came out about her are indisputable proof of that. There is nothing wrong with a single man hooking up with a woman in a hotel room. Happens millions of times a day, every day, all around the world. Unfortunately for Ben, the time he did it in Reno happened to be with a wacko.

This second incident was spearheaded by a woman who was kicked out of the VIP area for calling Ben a rapist. Period.[/quote:182skh10]

Whether it's GB or Dallas or Pittsburgh... any player who gets booty due to his fame, name or game is taking a risk.

Shawn
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM
[quote=Crash]The organization feared it would be 8-10 games. That doesn't sound like an organization who was on the "same page" or "agreed" with Goodell on the length if they were "fearing" the amount of games.

This second incident was spearheaded by a woman who was kicked out of the VIP area for calling Ben a rapist. Period.[/quote:h4uv1t7l]

So it's your contention that Ben just has bad luck? As my mother always said, if your friends jumped off a bridge...would you jump too? Just because some football players go out and put themselves at risk doesn't mean Ben has to. He can date within his peer groups...go and associate in his peer groups. He doesn't need to skank around in college bars where there is inherently higher risk.

stlrz d
07-09-2010, 11:09 PM

This second incident was spearheaded by a woman who was kicked out of the VIP area for calling Ben a rapist. Period.

So it's your contention that Ben just has bad luck? As my mother always said, if your friends jumped off a bridge...would you jump too? Just because some football players go out and put themselves at risk doesn't mean Ben has to. He can date within his peer groups...go and associate in his peer groups. He doesn't need to skank around in college bars where there is inherently higher risk.[/quote:1df37b98]

You're not speaking from experience so I'm just gonna let it go. It's clear you are unable to see it for what it really is...you instead want to see this ideal that simply doesn't exist. Ben hooked up with what turned out to be a nut in Reno and in GA some beyatch got pissed off for getting kicked out of the VIP area and headed this up to try and exact some sort of revenge. The only thing she succeeded in is getting Ben suspended. The rest was fail.

NJ-STEELER
07-09-2010, 11:51 PM

.[/quote:gpy1fhtd]

i'm more shocked some here dont think this is the Norm.

if i was in a similiar position as Ben (rich young single athlete) i'd be banging chicks left and right. As would at least 90% of this board

RuthlessBurgher
07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1o1mzmi9][quote=Crash]The organization feared it would be 8-10 games. That doesn't sound like an organization who was on the "same page" or "agreed" with Goodell on the length if they were "fearing" the amount of games.

.[/quote:1o1mzmi9]

if i was in a similiar position as Ben (rich young single athlete) i'd be banging chicks left and right. As would at least 90% of this board[/quote:1o1mzmi9]

The 10% who wouldn't be banging chicks left and right have names like NC Steeler fan, kiwi_sarah, siss, etc. :wink:

NJ-STEELER
07-10-2010, 02:11 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3qpww8kg][quotedoesn't sound like an organization who was on the "same page" or "agreed" with Goodell on the length if they were "fearing" the amount of games.

if i was in a similiar position as Ben (rich young single athlete) i'd be banging chicks left and right. As would at least 90% of this board

The 10% who wouldn't be banging chicks left and right have names like NC Steeler fan, kiwi_sarah, siss, etc. :wink:[/quote:3qpww8kg]

and hehateme

fezziwig
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
anymore news on cedric ?

feltdizz
07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
you bang bang bang them...

but after a few years and a false accusation you bang wisely and less often.

stlrz d
07-20-2010, 08:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... n-thursday (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81936346/article/bengals-rb-benson-set-to-meet-with-goodell-on-thursday)

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:23 PM
[quote="stlrz d":37qodslg]

The 10% who wouldn't be banging chicks left and right have names like NC Steeler fan, kiwi_sarah, siss, etc. :wink:[/quote:37qodslg]

lmao, I only just saw this when it bumped to the top.

I'm TOTALLY in the 90%. Just saying. :Boobs

RuthlessBurgher
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":2z9pums2][quote="stlrz d":2z9pums2]

The 10% who wouldn't be banging chicks left and right have names like NC Steeler fan, kiwi_sarah, siss, etc. :wink:[/quote:2z9pums2]

I'm TOTALLY in the 90%. Just saying. :Boobs[/quote:2z9pums2]

Is your husband aware of this? :Boobs :shock: :Boobs

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":1ml894g2][quote="stlrz d":1ml894g2]

The 10% who wouldn't be banging chicks left and right have names like NC Steeler fan, kiwi_sarah, siss, etc. :wink:

I'm TOTALLY in the 90%. Just saying. :Boobs[/quote:1ml894g2]

Is your husband aware of this? :Boobs :shock: :Boobs[/quote:1ml894g2]

Dude, why do you think he married me? lol

stlrz d
07-20-2010, 08:33 PM
[youtube:2h4kivrf]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycsA5uwfeok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycsA5uwfeok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:2h4kivrf]

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:35 PM
omg D, that's soooo disturbing (totally accurate though of course)

NKySteeler
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
... What's really disturbing is how folks bail on one place, then never respond to multiple replies from various media services from multiple so-called friends... Shallow people are what they are, I guess... Foreigners suck... Just can't trust 'em...

... But as for Benson, he's an equally shallow individual... But he landed on at team with an owner that seems to thrive in such individuals. Personally, I think he's gonna have an outstanding season with the Bungles, and will prove to be an issue for us to deal with during both outings.

While it is super easy for folks to say that the "Bungles are the Bungles", I seriously wonder how many have noticed how they have improved during the off-season this year... They are gonna be trouble... And while I hate them with every breath, they are also much more competitive this season... We have our work cut-out for us without a doubt... Mark my words.

kiwi_sarah
07-20-2010, 08:53 PM
... What's really disturbing is how folks bail on one place, then never respond to multiple replies from various media services from multiple so-called friends... Shallow people are what they are, I guess... Foreigners suck... Just can't trust 'em...

Last I checked, you hadn't replied to my PM or email. Sorry for not being online 100% of the time. Kinda had some life stuff going on....shockingly real life takes precedence over online life. You'd know that had you bothered replying.

Thanks for the slam though, so-called friends is right apparently. :(

Sugar
07-20-2010, 09:36 PM
While it is super easy for folks to say that the "Bungles are the Bungles", I seriously wonder how many have noticed how they have improved during the off-season this year... They are gonna be trouble... And while I hate them with every breath, they are also much more competitive this season... We have our work cut-out for us without a doubt... Mark my words.

Agreed- there is a reason why many are pegging the Steelers for 3rd in the division. I don't like it but on paper, the Ravens and Bengals have improved dramatically. On that same paper the Steelers have regressed, losing their #1 receiver and top O-lineman for the year and their franchise QB for the start of the season.

grotonsteel
07-20-2010, 10:05 PM

Agreed- there is a reason why many are pegging the Steelers for 3rd in the division. I don't like it but on paper, the Ravens and Bengals have improved dramatically. On that same paper the Steelers have regressed, losing their #1 receiver and top O-lineman for the year and their franchise QB for the start of the season.

I think Bungles are the team to beat in AFC North. I really hope Carson Palmer suck arse like last season. They have good D, O-line and running game.

Somehow I am not worried about Ratbirds. I think Ravens D is over hyped.

I have a hunch Steelers will go 12-0 once Big Ben returns.

eniparadoxgma
07-20-2010, 10:14 PM
[youtube:3hio3gdu]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycsA5uwfeok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycsA5uwfeok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:3hio3gdu]

bwahahahahahahaha

eniparadoxgma
07-20-2010, 10:15 PM

Last I checked, you hadn't replied to my PM or email. Sorry for not being online 100% of the time. Kinda had some life stuff going on....shockingly real life takes precedence over online life. You'd know that had you bothered replying.

I haven't been around the other site much either. I literally just prefer to not have to read LVG so I mainly stay here. :)

papillon
07-20-2010, 10:35 PM

I haven't been around the other site much either. I literally just prefer to not have to read LVG so I mainly stay here. :)

I figured he was on suicide watch since the Steelers extended Tomlin. Now if they bring back Willie Parker after the Skins cut him to help the Steelers in a backup role that will really make his day.

Pappy

stlrz d
07-20-2010, 10:37 PM

He's the sole reason why I didn't join that forum. Visited once, saw his idiocy, turned around and walked out.

eniparadoxgma
07-20-2010, 10:38 PM

I figured he was on suicide watch since the Steelers extended Tomlin. Now if they bring back Willie Parker after the Skins cut him to help the Steelers in a backup role that will really make his day.

Pappy

I thought about posting over there just to mess with him since the Tomlin extension but he's one of those types that will find a way to counter-troll you regardless of the reality of it lol.

eniparadoxgma
07-20-2010, 10:39 PM
[quote=NKySteeler]... What's really disturbing is how folks bail on one place, then never respond to multiple replies from various media services from multiple so-called friends... Shallow people are what they are, I guess... Foreigners suck... Just can't trust 'em...

He's the sole reason why I didn't join that forum. Visited once, saw his idiocy, turned around and walked out.[/quote:1k8tx9p9]

I don't blame ya. It's rickt II.

NKySteeler
07-20-2010, 11:34 PM

And we were sorry to see you go... Not that that matters as to what I posted to the foreigner. Lot's to that story, but I'm droppin' it... At least you respond to messages... Like LVG or hate him, that's your call... As for "walking out the door" by others, well... Whatever... I have opinions and attitudes as well, but don't let them influence where I post because someone else "ruffles" my feathers (unless I get banned or deleted... as in the past) ... I know I don't get it, but that's fine... This is a cool place to post as well... I enjoy both... It's all about the team anyway.... It's a shame too many folks don't see it as a non-mutual-exclusive relationship.... We just finished an outing at a Pirate game where more than 50 folks showed-up for the tailgate last weekend from 2 different boards.... God forbid that folks here think they could co-mingle with folks from another board because everyone is "so" different.... That is too far outside the freakin' box... Well, newsflash... We're not different... Just lots of prejudice for no reason....

.... It's all about fun... And the sport.... Somewhere that get's lost in translation....

stlrz d
07-20-2010, 11:44 PM

And we were sorry to see you go... Not that that matters as to what I posted to the foreigner. Lot's to that story, but I'm droppin' it... At least you respond to messages... Like LVG or hate him, that's your call... As for "walking out the door" by others, well... Whatever... I have opinions and attitudes as well, but don't let them influence where I post because someone else "ruffles" my feathers (unless I get banned or deleted... as in the past) ... I know I don't get it, but that's fine... This is a cool place to post as well... I enjoy both... It's all about the team anyway.... It's a shame too many folks don't see it as a non-mutual-exclusive relationship.... We just finished an outing at a Pirate game where more than 50 folks showed-up for the tailgate last weekend from 2 different boards.... God forbid that folks here think they could co-mingle with folks from another board because everyone is "so" different.... That is too far outside the freakin' box... Well, newsflash... We're not different... Just lots of prejudice for no reason....

.... It's all about fun... And the sport.... Somewhere that get's lost in translation....

Don't take it personally man. I appreciated the invite but I can't stand being anywhere near that douche.

NKySteeler
07-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Don't take it personally man. I appreciated the invite but I can't stand being anywhere near that douche.

It's not personal.... That I do know....

It's the overall opinion that this place is so great.... You know what?.... It's just another Steelers board. Remember, I'm the one that told you about THIS place.... There are lots of 'em and everyone says the same freakin' thing.... "This is the bestest place ever..."..... IT'S NOT!....Everyone of them is the same.... It's no different other than a few semantics from one to another.... I tell you what, this place couldn't comprehend a multi-board party because everyone is too full of themselves here.... It's really sad.... I was caught up in it all till my mom died a few weeks ago, and now I really see things more clearly.... This is a freakin' sport.... We all like the same team.... I just don't get some of this crap!

hawaiiansteel
07-21-2010, 12:39 AM
. It's really sad.... I was caught up in it all till my mom died a few weeks ago

I am very sorry to hear of your loss, my sincere condolences...

•Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. ~Emily Dickinson

stlrz d
07-21-2010, 08:50 AM

It's the overall opinion that this place is so great.... You know what?.... It's just another Steelers board. Remember, I'm the one that told you about THIS place.... There are lots of 'em and everyone says the same freakin' thing.... "This is the bestest place ever..."..... IT'S NOT!....Everyone of them is the same.... It's no different other than a few semantics from one to another.... I tell you what, this place couldn't comprehend a multi-board party because everyone is too full of themselves here.... It's really sad.... I was caught up in it all till my mom died a few weeks ago, and now I really see things more clearly.... This is a freakin' sport.... We all like the same team.... I just don't get some of this crap!

I actually knew about this place because J used to mention that he was archiving the photoshop contests here...but didn't join until you suggested I do so. I was reluctant to because LVG was here but I did anyway. And sure enough it was the same as it was on the trib board until he finally lost it enough that they booted him. That's what I like about this place...when someone starts getting out of control they eventually get the hook. There's a good group of core posters here and even if we don't always agree at least there's thought and rationale behind the opinions expressed. Usually.

On forums, just like in real life, there are people I just have no desire to be around and LVG is one of them for me. I don't want to be anywhere near that guy. That's all. I don't like him, I don't like his unfounded and manufactured hate and rage and I don't like his complete lack of football knowledge. I don't like how he constantly moves the goal posts, I don't like how he constantly changes his argument or stance when he's proved wrong. I don't like him and don't want to be around him. Ever.

As far as get-togethers go, I don't care where people come from or what forum they belong to...just so they're not a$$holes. I had a great time last year at our get together and SN1 had plenty of people there who don't post here. Btw, LVG at one point actually made a threat to me with regards to future gatherings...how do you like that?

So again it is nothing personal. I like you. I've talked to you on the phone. You helped me with some Steelers games that weren't broadcast locally. I appreciate that and I've never forgotten it. And my most sincere sympathies on your loss. I'm really sorry man.

feltdizz
07-21-2010, 10:57 AM

No one will come crying to you. You have no authority over the decision.

I agree with you that Ben isn't in the clear with the FO. I think there may be a few in the FO who think about public sentiment and saving some money while moving up in the draft.

Would I move Ben? No... But I could see the FO making a move if the numbers and picks make sense. We gave up Holmes for a 5th. Who expected that?

Funny how you keep saying our FO may move Ben and no one jumps down your throat! I wonder why.... LOL

cruzer8
07-21-2010, 12:08 PM

I agree with you that Ben isn't in the clear with the FO. I think there may be a few in the FO who think about public sentiment and saving some money while moving up in the draft.

Would I move Ben? No... But I could see the FO making a move if the numbers and picks make sense. We gave up Holmes for a 5th. Who expected that?

Funny how you keep saying our FO may move Ben and no one jumps down your throat! I wonder why.... LOL

Because he's not a moron? Because he's not a known Ben hater?

feltdizz
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM

Because he's not a moron? Because he's not a known Ben hater?

:nono you just have MSM tendencies...

flippy
07-21-2010, 07:25 PM

I'd probably fall in the 10%, but only cause I'd go for better quality over quantity.

I'd have a nothing less than a 10 policy from looks to personality.

Ben seems to have a nothing over a 5 policy.

flippy
07-21-2010, 07:33 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":1jyy4gzt][quote="stlrz d":1jyy4gzt]

The 10% who wouldn't be banging chicks left and right have names like NC Steeler fan, kiwi_sarah, siss, etc. :wink:[/quote:1jyy4gzt]

I'm TOTALLY in the 90%. Just saying. :Boobs[/quote:1jyy4gzt]

siss probably belongs in the 90% category. she could bring up halftime in an innocent thread like discussing a new baby being born into the steeler nation.

nc seems about right. for some odd reason, i picture her shooting guys in bars that come on too strong.

NJ-STEELER
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM

I'd probably fall in the 10%, but only cause I'd go for better quality over quantity.

well yeah

when you first start (ben's first 2-3 years of getting this pus err i mean recognition)

a good 5-6 years of it, and it becomes a normal thing. when the hotties aren't around, you look for anything.

and i'm not defending the looks of mcnutty... just thinking about how it went down

siss
07-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Flip,
My halftime ritual has been behind many many 2nd half come backs. Of course I'm in that 90%...who do you think gets me revved up for halftime? Have you seen that man in spandex...dear Lord I need a cold shower after a game sometimes! And now I have a very cute and very precious reminder of halftime. And I contributed to the nation...I should be mother of the year here on Planet Steelers!

Is it halftime yet? :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

Shawn
07-22-2010, 07:09 AM

I hadn't heard. I'm really sorry to hear about your mother. Huge events in our lives do indeed put things in perspective.

flippy
07-22-2010, 08:29 AM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":yhjkanhz]

well yeah

when you first start (ben's first 2-3 years of getting this pus err i mean recognition)

a good 5-6 years of it, and it becomes a normal thing. when the hotties aren't around, you look for anything.

and i'm not defending the looks of mcnutty... just thinking about how it went down[/quote:yhjkanhz]

it's gotta be the beer googles, bro.

believe me, i understand. but ben does deserve a ribbing for his choices. i'd rather see my qb with way hotter girls.

one time in my early 20s i met this girl in a bar who looked like a young cindy crawford. she was clearly out of my league but for some reason i always had the mentality to just go for it because it's a numbers game. if you try enough times, it'll eventually work out in your favor. plus the hottest girls truly are the loneliest because most guys are afraid to talk to them so surprisingly the numbers are more in your favor with the hottest girls.

anyway, it's going well. we were hitting it off. and then all of a sudden a bunch of penguins showed up after a game. and jaromir jagr walks over and buys us a round. he asks the girl to leave with him within 5 minutes and she was gone. the only cool part was he told the bartender to put my drinks on the pens tab.

i was a little bummed, but if i was jaromir, that's exactly what I woulda done. i lost the chick, but got to meet some pens players who were hanging out in a private area. and it probably wasn't much different than the midgeville club. they didn't want any guys hanging around them. but somehow i got invited to hang with their group.

jagr left with the girl and came back in 5 minutes. and she never came back. he ended up with other girls that night.

RuthlessBurgher
07-22-2010, 09:38 AM

believe me, i understand. but ben does deserve a ribbing for his choices. i'd rather see my qb with way hotter girls.

one time in my early 20s i met this girl in a bar who looked like a young cindy crawford. she was clearly out of my league but for some reason i always had the mentality to just go for it because it's a numbers game. if you try enough times, it'll eventually work out in your favor. plus the hottest girls truly are the loneliest because most guys are afraid to talk to them so surprisingly the numbers are more in your favor with the hottest girls.

anyway, it's going well. we were hitting it off. and then all of a sudden a bunch of penguins showed up after a game. and jaromir jagr walks over and buys us a round. he asks the girl to leave with him within 5 minutes and she was gone. the only cool part was he told the bartender to put my drinks on the pens tab.

i was a little bummed, but if i was jaromir, that's exactly what I woulda done. i lost the chick, but got to meet some pens players who were hanging out in a private area. and it probably wasn't much different than the midgeville club. they didn't want any guys hanging around them. but somehow i got invited to hang with their group.

jagr left with the girl and came back in 5 minutes. and she never came back. he ended up with other girls that night.

Who could possible resist the allure of the Jagr mullet? :lol:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oy_KQdUOoFs/SXeLl0V7iuI/AAAAAAAAABk/UZIuaJNsBpE/s320/jagr-mullet.jpg http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/avatars/jaromir_jagr_mullet.jpg

feltdizz
07-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Jagr! :evil:

cruzer8
07-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Apparently Flippy isn't familiar with the phrase "any port in a storm". Based on the details of the accounts as they were described it's not difficult to draw the conclusion that Ben was in his room, it was late, she showed up and he did what most men would have done. Look at some of the smokin' hot women he's dated. He clearly can pull chicks, but sometimes a guy has a need and has no choice than to go with what's presently available and willing.

98% of the population indulges in self gratification. The other 2% are liars.

98% of men have been with women they wouldn't want anyone knowing they've been with. The other 2% are liars. ;)

frankthetank1
07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Apparently Flippy isn't familiar with the phrase "any port in a storm". Based on the details of the accounts as they were described it's not difficult to draw the conclusion that Ben was in his room, it was late, she showed up and he did what most men would have done. Look at some of the smokin' hot women he's dated. He clearly can pull chicks, but sometimes a guy has a need and has no choice than to go with what's presently available and willing.

98% of men have been with women they wouldn't want anyone knowing they've been with. The other 2% are liars. ;)

that is what porn is for :wink:

every guy has been with at least one woman they dont want anyone to find out about. from expierence its a lot easier just to order up a porn movie when your in a hotel then bang some ugly skank. porn doesnt get you in trouble and you dont have to kick porn out of the bed when the job is done.

cruzer8
07-22-2010, 10:44 AM

every guy has been with at least one woman they dont want anyone to find out about. from expierence its a lot easier just to order up a porn movie when your in a hotel then bang some ugly skank. porn doesnt get you in trouble and you dont have to kick porn out of the bed when the job is done.

No matter how hard you try your hand will never feel as good as lady parts. ;)

frankthetank1
07-22-2010, 10:48 AM

No matter how hard you try your hand will never feel as good as lady parts. ;)

that is very true!!

grotonsteel
07-22-2010, 11:09 AM

I think apart from beer goggles it could very well be Single Mom syndrome.

May be Big Ben wanted to add that in his repertoire. Thats the only possible explanation i can think of especially after seeing McNulty snaps.

feltdizz
07-22-2010, 12:41 PM

it doesn't wrongfully accuse you either...

cruzer8
07-22-2010, 12:45 PM

Then stick to it if it works for you. Most of us prefer the real thing.

feltdizz
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM

Then stick to it if it works for you. Most of us prefer the real thing.

I'm happily married.

I have the real thing.

flippy
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oy_KQdUOoFs/SXeLl0V7iuI/AAAAAAAAABk/UZIuaJNsBpE/s320/jagr-mullet.jpg http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/avatars/jaromir_jagr_mullet.jpg

I think he won her over with his barely understandable english.

flippy
07-22-2010, 02:35 PM
"any port in a storm".

you'd make a lot of friends if you ever go to prison :wink

i appreciate your extreme sentiment on the topic. but i've always been picky. not sure why. i'm not good looking and i'm broke. so i have no reason to be picky. but for some reason i am. i've never been ashamed of any girl i hung out with.

i had a roommate in college that would bring home some of the most visually challenged girls on the planet but had 0 shame. he was a decent looking guy and all, but somehow ended up with the weirdest girls.

i had another roommate that dated some blinders and he never really hid them from us or anything.

if what you're saying is accurate, i can't even imagine the girls these guys were embarassed by.

i'm also a little concerned about your stormy port :lol

but whatever floats your boat. it's all good.

NJ-STEELER
07-23-2010, 12:39 AM

I think he won her over with his barely understandable english.

i remeber reading astory or 2 about Jagrand hearing that his breath stank like freshly cracked ass.

no wonder he was back in 5 minutes, girl took 1 whiff and was outta there