PDA

View Full Version : NEED STEELERS THEMED GIRL DOG NAMES! Please help!

steelerschic7486
06-28-2010, 11:49 PM
My boyfriend and i are huge steelers fans, and have 2 dogs. Our first dog is a Jack Russel/Pug (Jug) and his name is Steeler. We recently got a girl dog, she is a pitbull/pug (Pugit) and we have no idea what to name her that deals with the steelers! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-) We would like something that sounds at least somewhat like a girls name. I have posted pictures below to possibly help with inspiration :-) The first is of our current pup, Steeler, and the second is of her.

[attachment=0:3mzv9xa7]babygirl2.jpg[/attachment:3mzv9xa7]
[attachment=1:3mzv9xa7]steelerinjersey.jpg[/attachment:3mzv9xa7]

Djfan
06-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Yancie

Flowers

Gay

Shawn
06-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Gay :lol: Could you imagine your pup chasing a neighbor and you yelling get over here gay! That struck my funny bone. :D

I think you could go with:

Goldie
BlacknGoldie
Rooney-my favorite.
Barkshaw :mrgreen:

flippy
06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Kordell

+1 to Rooney

Chaka (Omar) Khan

Polly (malu) - my 1st choice

Casey

Rotty (sburgher)

Bussie

Terry

Jackie

Greeney

LC (although people might mix her up with Lauren Conrad)

Parker

Who's your favorite Steeler? I can make a girls name out of it.

D Rock
06-29-2010, 08:06 AM
the name of that young girl who passed away and had become a great friend of Hampton and Polamalu's...Heather

It could be too girly for you though considering it is a real name. Not sure how you would feel about that.

flippy
06-29-2010, 08:50 AM
She looks like a Joey to me. As in Porter. You could also call her Peezy.

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I had a dog named Rooney and a guinea pig named Franco.

You could borrow some of the nicknames for current Steelers:

Potsie (Farrior)

Deebo (Harrison)

Diesel (Keisel)...I used to have a cat named Diesel too, but this was in the pre-Keisel days...her name was Daisy when we adopted her as a kitten, but we changed it to something similar sounding because she slept by your head and purred like a diesel engine...it also seemed to fit because our other cat at that time was named Dozer because if you put your face near his, he would go nose-to-nose with you and push you out of the way like a bulldozer.

Snack (Hampton)

Swaggin (Ike)

Rocket (Rashard)

Tank (Summers)

Dwight White was our "Mad Dog" which could be appropriate, but it is hard to make a good dog name out of Dwight White...unless you went with DeeDub, but that might just remind you of this board instead. :wink:

Whatever you choose, just make sure that when you take the pups to the vet for their vaccinations, you must loudly proclaim "All you bitches, take my shots!" :lol:

http://blog.newsok.com/thepetshow/files/2009/04/dog-shot-532x796.jpg

flippy
06-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Swaggin (Ike)

Nice try, but bitches don't swag.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Millie (for Milledgeville)

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2010, 12:15 PM
If you want a female sounding name that also reminds you of a Steeler player, you could name the dog Spinderella (Mendenhall).

flippy
06-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Name her Sandy after ROY Manny Sanders.

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Pouncey would be a better cat name than a dog name.

When you let her outside to go to the bathroom, then all she does is immediately chase squirrels afterward, you could call her Whisenhunt (whiz & hunt). :lol:

Her nickname could be Whizzer, which would also be a tribute to former Steeler great (and later a Supreme Court Justice) Byron "Whizzer" White.

steelerschic7486
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. We liked Polly (Polomalu) and we were inspired by that, but wanted something a little different and we decided on Malu. It seems fitting for her. She is actually in the first picture above with the pink color, I accidently mixed them up.

fordfixer
06-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the planet :tt1

flippy
06-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. We liked Polly (Polomalu) and we were inspired by that, but wanted something a little different and we decided on Malu. It seems fitting for her. She is actually in the first picture above with the pink color, I accidently mixed them up.

WooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!

Good choice!!!!

I love dogs!!!!!! Especially puppies and little dogs!!!!

Godfather
07-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Too bad you're not a Colts fan. Then you could go with Peyton.

NLong425
04-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Ive got a female puppy Labrapit which is a Labrador Pitbull mix and suggestion for a name

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Ive got a female puppy Labrapit which is a Labrador Pitbull mix and suggestion for a name

I think Labra is Latin for lips, so you could call her "Louis" !

Chucktownsteeler
06-23-2013, 07:36 AM
We have a yellow lab named Molly.

Troy Pola-Molly